Start by marking “Dawn (Hero Society, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dawn (Hero Society, #1)

Dawn (Hero Society #1)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  213 Ratings  ·  87 Reviews
Dawn has come, a time for heroes to rise. Draco has lived long and felt the pain of loss more than anyone in one lifetime could imagine.

Until her.

Rose is an empath who sees more than who Draco is supposed
Published October 17th 2017 (first published September 28th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Dawn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dawn

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

descriptionI seldom give a book cover 5 Stars but this one is most worthy of that rating. It is a fantastic representation of the story. It makes fabulous use of graphics. Has good composition and title work as well.description

descriptionSo this book was pretty awesome. I was a little bit unsure with the theme as I am not a fan of sci-fi romances but I have read one other superhero themed "romance" awhile back so I jumped into this one with high hopes and like I said, I was not disappointed in the least.

The writing was excellen
Jessica
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, superhero

I received this book for free from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I loved this but that’s not surprise considering that I love superheroes and I love romance. Give me a book with both and of course I’ll love it!

This was a really good start to the series. I always love the whole concept of heroes getting together to fight the bad guys. I will never not love that.

The two main characters, Draco and Rose, were amazing. They had a ton of chemistry and overall made a really cute couple.
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4-4.5 Draco stars

I loved it, it was refreshing,fast paced,romantic and sweet.The storyline and plot was perfect. I lost myself in the world that Jessica create and I didn't want to leave.Draco one of the best parts in the story. *sigh* I loved him. Rose is so sweet and Philip is also an interesting character.

full review to come soon

Denna✌
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it

4.5 "Be our sun" STARS.

Superpowers, battles, demigods, and more... so much MORE! Dawn is a sizzling, imaginative sci-fi story, where romance and superpowers collide, where the wrong and right duel. A tale of two people with the same mission: protect humans.

Jessica Florence created witty and well-developed characters who pulled at my heartstrings and melt my little black heart. No, really Draco, Rose, AJ, and Phillip are going to steal your heart over and over again, you will see.

"Something is
Laura Thalassa
Mar 30, 2018 marked it as to-read
I cannot WAIT to start this one! Love me some superhero fiction!
Coco.V
Jan 18, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (1/18/2018)! 💝

Blurb:
Dawn has come, a time for heroes to rise.

Draco has lived long and felt the pain of loss more than anyone in one lifetime could imagine. Immortality was given to him as a gift, a gift that failed him and turned him into a shell of the man that has nothing left but to wait out the end of existence alone.

Until her.

Rose is an empath who sees more than who Draco is supposed to be: she sees him, and what they could be.

Together, they will begin the search fo
Darque  Dreamer
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dawn (Hero Society) is deep, dangerous, and steamy. This one breaks all the rules and adds a unique twist to "superheroes." If you love fast paced reads with super-human characters, action, and passion, then this one is for you.

The Plot: Dawn signifies the rise of the heroes. Draco has been living a lonely existence, having lost many during his time as an immortal. He has vowed to live a solitary life, until he meets Rose. Rose has powers of empathy, while her brother, Phillip, can see the futur
Vanessa (nessreads)
*ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review*

4.5 "Draco can save me any day of the week" Stars!!!

The blurb is self explanatory. And plus, just to be on the safe side I don't want to give anything away.

I was so intrigued when Jessica said she was writing a superheroes book. There's just something about getting immersed in a otherworldly world. And this book did not disappoint. The storyline was unique and well developed. The characters were likable and each brought their own flare. I fou
bookish_affair
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
🔸🔸 4.4 Super Power Stars 🔸🔸

** ARC Provided In Exchange For Honest Review**
"Hero Society. A place where people with gifts like ours can do good in the world."
An Enchanting tale of superheroes in the modern society. This book is the start of a captivating series of Superheroes, Villains & Evil.
“Sometimes those with powers, or those without, need a time out."
Dawn by Jessica Florence is a mixture, where - Avengers meets Greek mythology, with a touch of Romance and together *voila* emerges "H
Xenia | AnObsessionwithBooks
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Once in a while I’ll read a book that will make me deliriously happy and leave me completely satisfied and this is one of those books.

“All you need to do is rise, Draco. Be our sun.”

As soon as I started reading Dawn I was hooked. Rose is such a kindhearted character and I loved seeing her explore her powers. I love how confident she is especially with Draco considering everything it wasn’t something I was expecting but very much appreciate. And Draco, I loved him! He has lived a long life that h
traumrealistin
Apr 16, 2018 rated it liked it
2,5 ⭐

Das Buch liest sich wahnsinnig schnell, allerdings habe ich mir deutlich mehr davon erwartet. Der Helden-Action-Aspekt tritt hinter der Liebesgeschichte deutlich zurück, was schade war und irgendwie wirkte alles sehr konstruiert. Die Handlung konnte mich nicht wirklich überraschen, „Dawn“ ist nicht, was man nicht bereits woanders ähnlich gelesen hat.
Die Charaktere sind durchaus sympathisch, gingen mir zwischenzeitlich mit ihrem „Nein, ich darf Sie/ihn nicht haben“-Verhalten, das sie zwei
Meredith Grimm
Feb 05, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Had I known what this was really about, I would have avoided it. I thought it was going to be full of superhero fun and epic battles...but really it’s kind of like a PWP fanfic. The writing was mediocre, the dialog was so so corny. Basically if you want some hot smut, and don’t care about the plot, you’ll love this. But I need plot.
Kate Hastings
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book is just so freakin’ cool.
Like ‘nerd cool’ & ‘geek cool’ got together & had a threesome with ‘seriously hot & sexy.’
And it works... boy, does it work.

It’s my first read from Jessica Florence & I loved her writing style from page one.

It’s clever, witty & in this story you’re provided with enough detail to understand the back drop of the story without feeling snowed under by pages and pages of set-up explanation.

The premise is awesome & again, just plain coo
Crazy_bookaholic_
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ARC generously provided by the lovely @jessicaflorenceauthor. And I'm so grateful for that, 😘.

🖤🖤🖤🖤

This book.... Ahhhhhh!!!  Its killing me.... 😭😭😭..

INTENSE, CAPTURING, STEAMY, EMOTIONAL, THRILLING.
I got on a train named DAWN and never wanted to get down.

🖤🖤🖤🖤

This book has got that X-MEN movie vibe with all that future seeing, emotions controlling. There was such a rush of excitement and thrill while reading DAWN, I just couldn't sit still.. Draco being an immortal
Butthisbook
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 - 4 stars
Review to come <3
♚Julia ~ The Romance Rebels ♚

"Even if the darkness was just around the corner. We would always rise like the dawn, to fight the shadows of the world of mankind."

I was very skeptical to start reading Dawn, by Jessica Florence. I'm not much of a sci-fi, fantasy reader, but after finishing this book..... I'm HOOKED! It was honestly refreshing to what I'm used too. An action packed, nail biting, sizzling romance.

"She was tightening her grip around my whole being, and she didn't even know it."

Dawn is unique, intense,
Paula
Jan 28, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
when i read the synopsis for dawn i was pretty excited because it sounded so good. i still like the idea a lot but i didn’t like the execution of it. it all happened too fast, the scenes/chapters weren’t really developed, the romance happened instantly, the characters were pretty boring and the writing was just bad in my opinion.
Jessica Florence
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Always rise like the Dawn to fight the shadows of the world of mankind. <3

photo dawn 2_zpsxdc1ylqd.jpg
BleuBelle
DNF Chapter 13

I expected way more from this book than I've got. The writing stye was boring and not good. It was cheesy. I felt like reading about kids who play Heroes in their free time. Nothing wrong about that, but we have a 2000 year old Hero, a 25 year old Heroine and her brother (age unknown to me). So definitely not kids.
The POV was split in two, from the Heroine and the Hero. First POV. And there was no distinction between the two voices. They were the same. I hate when that happens.

They
Virginia
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dawn is different than my usual reads- I am a contemporary romance and romantic comedy kind of girl. That said, Jessica did a fantastic job with this book! Jessica took me into a world that was fun and exciting. A world where it’s good versus evil. A world full of action but one that also had romance. It’s evident the characters and plot are well developed and thought out. I quickly got absorbed in that world and had to keep turning the pages to see what would happen next.

Well written, romantic,
Michelle
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Arc provided by author for honest review. I was very skeptical about reading this, considering its not my normal reads. I was also worried cause I really like this author she has become a friend. So in saying all this as soon I started reading I was drawn right in. Draco will capture all of your attention and you can't help yourself to want to learn more and more. I read this book in day. I am completely shocked that I can't wait to Read book. And see what else Jess has in store for three great ...more
Kayla Torres
So...okay I'm not even sure what to make of this book. I didn't care too much for the characters (they just felt so bland and lifeless, like the author just picked them off of a randomizer website) and the story progressed WAY TO FAST. It's not for me.
Heather
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I give Hero Society: Dawn 5/5 ⭐

If you're a fan of superheroes and gods then this is a book for you! It reminded me a lot of the X-Men which is one of my favs.

It grabbed my attention immediately and never lost it. It was very fast paced--but not rushed. And never dragged on. I could NOT put it down--I even lost sleep over it.

And of course among the action there is a love story with some erotica in the mix. What I really like is it was not rushed but actually developed most authors are like here
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
5 freaking wonderful stars!! So I know when picking up this authors work that I will like it but damn if this isn't a spectacular beginning to a kick ass series!!

This is book one of the "Hero Society" series. Do not miss out!!

This book takes you on a paranormal journey with a twist. I love it!! I'm so invested that I am dying to get to the next book!! I haven't read too much about empaths but I'm hooked. First of all I think Rose is freaking awesome! Her personality is beautiful and she takes n
bsbookbuzz
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was amazing! I loved every part of it and I'm yearning for the second book in this series! I need it to answer all my questions and satisfy my cravings for these characters.This book to me was close to being as good as A Court Of Thorn and Roses by Sarah J. Maas as it had elements of fantasy and combining two world together and powers becoming known. The romance was a steamy and Rose, Draco and Philip were not teenagers so I am going to classify this as a new adult novel.I am saying it ...more
Dawn
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, romance, sci-fi
I received this as an ARC in exchange for an honest review. What I really loved about this book was the amount of thought and creativity that went into the story. I don't want to give spoilers, but the origin of the superpowers is original and well done. I have read many romance novels, but I'm not sure if any will ever top "The Dark Room" scene. Overall there was only one aspect of the story that I didn't care for and that was that the story is told from two point of views: Draco's and Rose's. ...more
Ash.loveofbooks
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good pacing of story line (check)
Interesting characters (check)
Intriguing plot (check)
Romance (check)
Hot scenes (check)
Superheroes (check)
…..
When I read the synopsis of this book I knew I wanted to read it. A story about superheroes? How can I not want to read this? I think the author did such a great job at creating a world where people have different abilities. I loved learning about them and their special powers. The romance in this book is something that I enjoyed reading too. I loved Drac
Melissa Ann
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I never thought I would be into a book like this! Totally out of my comfort zone and I am so glad I ventured out of my comfort bubble! Jessica writes so flawlessly and the way she describes her characters and their powers are just magical! The story of Draco and Rose is beautiful and super sexy (esp. that dark room scene) and I just loved their journey, the supporting characters I can’t wait to learn more about! This story is very interesting, a remarkable ride of a read that keeps you wanting m ...more
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dawn is a good read.   Super heroes is not really my thing but I really like the author of this one so I decided to read it.   The story is written nicely and I was sucked right in.   Draco is a very interesting guy and his character sucked in right in.   He is immortal and has lost a lot.  He's not looking for love.  Rose is also a great character.  Rose see more to Draco then he shows.   I loved Rose's brother, Phillip.   Phillip and Rose's relationship is awesome.   Draco joins Rose and Phill ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Jessica Florence
Author <3 Potterhead <3 Movie Geek Extraordinaire

When she's not writing her next invigorating story. You can find her running her own business, and spending time with her husband, daughter and German Shepherd in southwest Florida.

Jessica loves to interact with her readers, follow her on
Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/jessicaflore...
Twitter- https://twitter.com/florence_j

Hero Society (4 books)
  • Day (Hero Society, #2)
  • Dusk (Hero Society, #3)
  • Night (Hero Society, #4)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Matter (Odyssey One, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • The Birthday of the World and Other Stories
    $11.49 $1.99
  • Obsidian Son (The Temple Chronicles, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • CyberStorm
  • Departure
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Renegades (Renegades, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Nexis (Tricksters, #1)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Spindle Fire (Spindle Fire #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Logan's Run: Vintage Movie Classics (A Vintage Movie Classic)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Pandemic (The Extinction Files #1)