Start by marking “The Book No One Wants To Read” as Want to Read:
The Book No One Wants To Read

The Book No One Wants To Read

A fun, easy to read interactive adventure that reluctant readers will actually want to read. A lonely book makes a deal with its reader..."You keep turning my pages, and I'll make it fun!" The interactive jokes, puzzles, and imaginative activities that follow keep your reluctant reader engaged. Bold colorful graphics and wacky humor will appeal to both younger children an ...more
Published September 18th 2017 by Pixel Titles

To ask other readers questions about The Book No One Wants To Read, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book No One Wants To Read

Montzalee Wittmann
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun interactions!

The Book No One Wants to Read is a fun and funny book with jokes, and lots of interactive entertainment for the reader. The 'non-reader' gets plenty of reading in and will enjoy every minute.
Alexandra
This book would be fun to give to a reluctant reader. It's short on text, with pictures on each page, and it's a hoot.

Don't spend that $25 physical copy price though (yikes!). There is no reasonable way it's worth anything near that. It's a quick read and probably doesn't have a lot of re-read potential. I got it when it was free for Kindle.

This poor book is lonely and bored. Oh! someone picked it up and opened it, hooray! The book is so happy, but realizes the reader doesn't really want to be r
Audrey
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this as a Kindle loan (first time) from Alexandra. My second-grade son is a good but unwilling reader, so I tested the book on him. The book “talks” to the reader conspiratorially and encourages interaction, like shaking the book and playing rock-paper-scissors. It’s kind of long for a picture book, but it held my son’s attention the whole time.

I didn’t think it had much re-readability factor, but he wanted to read it again right away. My fifth-grade son also read along and thought i
Kathy Davie
I think this is part of a series, only in that Bacon has another book about reading.

My Take
This was such fun. And crazy. And as of today [5 Jan 2018], the colorful Kindle version is FREE!

It took a couple pages in before I cracked up. I’d never considered a book’s perspective before — it’s using a first person point-of-view. And I know I’d be bored to tears as well, lol. Parents, you can use that angle on your kids *more laughter* to get them to read more. Those poor...lonely...books...*grin*

Amaz
Lilyn G. | Sci-Fi & Scary
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kidlit-read-2018
A cute, funny book that engages the reader (whether they like to read or not!) By the end of it, I was snickering. Sometimes books just strike the right note of silly to bring out your inner child, and this one definitely did the trick.

I highly suggest the paperback version instead of the electronic though, just for some of the interactive portions of the book.
Barbara Ann
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Take a look at this book cover. It appears to have no personality. That is why the book speaks to the reluctant reader. As soon as the reader opens the book, the book explains it is sad and lonely and offers to make a deal with the prospective reader. Pretend to turn the pages and read so that the book can get some well-deserved time off the shelf. This book offers sensory games like scratch and sniff, jokes, puzzles, mazes and some basic reading strategies like tracking and finger tracing. The ...more
Devorah
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was really funny! It was a cute kids book! It was actually free on kindle. Looking for a short book to make u laugh read it.
Chelsea
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This book was awesome!! It is for those reluctant readers and it's super interactive! I enjoyed it so much!! Any child who hasn't been a fan of reading would find this book comforting and fun.
Jennifer M
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
A cute and fun read for children, especially if they’re in the stage where reading is still a challenge or “task” for them.
Shweta
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
10 mins well spent. A cheeky, fun read.
Gemma
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this with my daughter. We both found it so much fun.
Rayleigh
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Is your child a reluctant reader? Going so far as to say “I hate reading!”? If so, then believe me, this is a book you need in your library!

Interactive and funny, The Book No One Wants to Read talks to the young readers and brings itself to life as it occupies their “reading time”. They’ll be able to relate to it and feel as if they’re playing with a friend when it tells them that they should “pretend to read” while they are actually completing some of the challenges and games that are included
Angela Lambkin
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
what a very very unusual book! I would hope this will catch you?

I do not dislike any part. I just found it a very very unusual book I guess to hope to change non readers' minds about reading not being a fun thing of going exploring different places and meeting other people,etc. Or maybe too scared you might learn something new, huh? LOL! I wish to recommend this for five stars and not just for this age level of 8-11 or those in grades K-6 as there seems to be those older than you who seem to be
Julie Barrett
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Book No One Wants To Read: A funny interactive activity book that gets reluctant readers reading by Beth Bacon
Excellent read just like the last book I read by this author. So many things to do while reading this.
Some pages will make you laugh out loud. I can't wait to read this one with my grandson, we WILL have tears in our eyes from laughing so much!
Erin
Feb 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: action-book
There were some parts of this book I really liked and other parts I really didn't. Any book that says reading is boring in any way isn't one that I'm going to want to put into a young one's hands. I do like the interaction that's in the book, but they may have gone overboard. It seems a little long to me, but that could just because of the bits I didn't like mixed in.
Carmen Serrano
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A book you'll live to read

My grandson says " I really loved it, because it took very hard work and I know people will LOVE it. The book made a friend with the reader. It was funny when slapping the book and it said ouch!" One the other hand, l enjoyed helping my grandson read and go through the motions through the pages. A real fun to read book.
Mahashwetha Rao
Mar 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Even elders will read

This just took 10 min to finish. But it was fun with cool or and silly things that truly were funny. When you are bored and instead of browsing social media I guess this kind of books are funny... To know why all age people can read this, please read this book...
Is the aww kind of book with simplicity
Christina Reid
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was really fun! Definitely a book that will be popular from age 6+, even with your reluctant readers. Lots of puzzles, games, humour and bright illustrations make this a book that will be shared and reread.
Lisa
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wasn’t quite sure what to expect, but I really, really loved this book!

A lot of my students (from Year 3) would have adored the humour, chatty style and the bright colours. If it makes the teacher giggle, it’s got to be good...

Recommended and on my wish list.
Terri
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is the funniest children's book I've read in awhile. It immediately draws the reader in and makes it feel like a one-on-one interaction with the book. It's cute, relies on very little illustrations, and I think it would convince any reluctant reader to give it a try.
William Belfield
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bonkers way to spend 10 minutes. I may use some of these ideas in a boring PowerPoint presentation, lighten things up a bit

This was a free giveaway, I'd have paid for it because it's given me some great presentation ideas. Neat and colourful
Buckley
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wish my fifteen year old would still let me read to him!

Great book... will save for grandkids! I believe it will happen! Get this one for your kids or grandkids... or even just for you.
Deborah Olszewski
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not good for kindle

This book has references to paper and touching the paper, which totally does not work with a screen, don't even know why they sell a kindle edition, I want a refund
Mary Fisher
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unpredictable Fun

Just read with my K grand, each reading a page. (She was an early reader!) Really fun book! Not sure if 6 yr old got all the jokes.:-) . Appropriate for older kids also. Unpredictable fun!
Lisa
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My grandson is going to LOVE this book!

What a supper-fun book!! I thought it might be something to entertain my grandson and it entertained ME! Hahaha! Such a clever book and so perfect for a young man who doesn't think he likes reading. Wonderful!
Teddy O'Malley
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun book!

I would recommend this book to reluctant readers and avid readers alike. It has a lot of jokes and fun activities. I plan to review this in further detail on Destiny's Book Dig Up.
Connie
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining

This is a very entertaining and fun book! The kids are sure to love it! The simple sentences are good and the things to do are fun.
Enjoy!
Jim Shoff
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I Couldn't put it down

Great engagement book to help kids master the fun in reading. Jokes are punny, read the book you will understand.
Barbara Smith
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Super cute book!

Great book, easy to read and fun! I have just read it and will enjoy helping my nieces read it.
Amy Egbert
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kid favorite

My 8 year old insists I give this 5 stars, he loves reading it so much. Anything that gets him excited about reading gets 5 stars from me too.
  • Sigfried's Smelly Socks!
  • Bear and Squirrel
  • Nuts: Every Family is a Little...
  • LETTUCE!
  • Don't Juggle Bees! And Other Useless Advice For Silly Children
  • The Mother's Day Gift (Noisy Farm - A Beautifully Illustrated Children's Picture Book, Perfect Bedtime Story)
  • Zoo Day (Day Series by T .M. Kaht Book 3)
  • I Love My Mom
  • Go to Sleep Mom!
  • Tovi the Penguin Goes Away for Christmas
  • Honey the Hero
  • The Bees (Down in the Garden Book 1)
  • Isabella: Girl on the Go
  • Holly Horse and the Great Quest
  • Dragons and Dreams: Bedtime Stories
  • Asleep on the Hay: A Dust Bowl Christmas
  • Bright Star, Night Star: An Astronomy Story
  • Franklin's Christmas Gift
Beth Bacon is the author of books for reluctant readers. Her titles include The Book No One Wants To Read, I Hate Reading, Blank Space and The Worst Book Ever. Beth’s awards include the Candlewick Award for Picture Book Writing, the Marion Dane Bauer Award for Middle Grade Writing, and PSAMA PULSE Award Finalist for marketing. She has an MFA in Writing For Children and Young Adults from Vermont Co ...more