Start by marking “As the Snow Fell: A Lake Harriet Novel” as Want to Read:
As the Snow Fell: A Lake Harriet Novel

As the Snow Fell: A Lake Harriet Novel

A Lake Harriet Novel

In the charming Lake Harriet neighborhood in Minneapolis, MN, where we first met Kristen, Ryan, and their beloved dog, Sam, in Walking Sam, we meet another couple who are struggling to find true love.

Mallory Dawson is planning the winter wedding of her dreams. She’s found a wonderful man to share her life with and is looking forward to a promising futur
Kindle Edition
Published November 21st 2017 by Deanna Lynn Sletten

To ask other readers questions about As the Snow Fell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about As the Snow Fell

Start your review of As the Snow Fell: A Lake Harriet Novel
Gina
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mallory's life is right on track: marriage to the perfect guy, her real estate job going nicely, and the hope of someday opening her own business. Until the night she runs into former flame, James. Years earlier, after a wonderful romance, James had proposed to Mallory, but she'd turned him down. Bitter and disheartened, he'd fled their Minnesota town for California. But now he's back and seeing him stirs feelings in Mallory she hadn't considered before. With only weeks to go til her big day, wi ...more
Doreen Low
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant !! Got myself completely absorbed in the story, got that warm fuzzy feeling whenever I picked it up. Delicious mix of Christmas and wedding, perfect for this time of year.
Susan (The Book Bag)
As the Snow Fell took me back to the Lake Harriet neighborhood, that beautiful place I first visited in Walking Sam. I loved the people I met there and Deanna created another wonderful story with great characters. This second visit to Lake Harriet was just as enjoyable as the first one and I fell in love with all new people.

Deanna's stories are always ones that I can just escape into, where I can put the rest of the world aside for a little bit. And I love that this one is set around Christmas
Barbara Tobey
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A charming tale of an old romance causing issues with the current one. An adorable dog, a woman finding herself and her happily ever after. I laughed. I cried. I thoroughly enjoyed. Engaging!
Karen Hrdlicka
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book by this author I have read/listened to. The narration is beautifully done and the descriptive words of the author are beautifully written. Ms. Sletten writes likable characters and situations that pull the reader into the story. Second chance romances are one of my favorite tropes and this one is done well.
Mallory's heart was crushed by her first love who left after she rejected his proposal. Not that she didn't want to marry James eventually but his impatience caused his
Bette Stanek
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This one is a definite Hallmark movie just waiting to be made. It's got all the right ingredients. An engaged couple that seems to have everything going for them and a beautiful life ahead of them. They're out one night celebrating her birthday when they stumble into the pub owned by her ex-boyfriend. She has no idea he's back in town. After all, he left ten years ago, the night she said "no" to his proposal. Mind you, she didn't say "never," she said, "not right now." Once she reconnects with h ...more
Ashley Hedden
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As the Snow Fell: A Lake Harriet Novel was a great read by Deanna Lynn Sletten. Mallory has been planning her winter wedding when she comes face to face with someone from her past. She ran into the man who she used to love. With him coming back into her life everything has been turned upside down. I loved Mallory and James’ story. I can’t wait to read more by Deanna Lynn Sletten.
Janet Friesner
Dec 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Another excellent read by Deanna Lynn Sletten. I have read several of her books and have yet to find one I did not enjoy thoroughly. Read this one in one day. Difficult to put down. Highly recommend.
Lois
Apr 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Warm and charming love story. Predictable. Some improbably constructed sentences. Are these due to bad editing? Good for a cozy read with a cup of tea. I live in the same city as the characters do, so had to investigate it.
Phyllis Saunders
Jan 19, 2020 rated it liked it
3 stars

3 stars for As the Snow Fell. This is a heartwarming story of second chances. James and Mallory meet again after 10 years apart and while Mallory is engaged to someone else, this still has an unexpected HEA.
Donna Kale
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: oct
Really enjoyed this series!
Donna
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow

This is a beautiful story of true love and devotion. James and Mallory together again forever. Such a happy ending.
Anita Rohn
Apr 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Mallory

A delightful read about weddings and friends and things that dont go right. Plus friends from previous stories and all the laughter and some tears.
Jeri Smith
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Review of As the Snow Fell

This was a really cute story and I will recommend her books to anyone who loves romance novels. She keeps you involved from page one until the end.
Karla
May 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book

Heartwarming and funny. True love prevails. Can’t wait to read the next novel in the series. Definitely one I will keep
Terri Mastraieni
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Winter time in Minneapolis

Sweet love story about falling in love all over again. Feel good read, like watching a "chick flick" on the Lifetime channel.
MRS J E WEST
Edith E. Harvey
Jul 19, 2019
Carol A. Minthorne
Jan 21, 2018

• Finding Peace (Bluebird Bay, #3)
  • Finding Forever (Bluebird Bay, #4)
  • Finding Home (Bluebird Bay, #2)
  • Dreams of the Island (Amherst Island Book 2)
  • Finding Tomorrow (Bluebird Bay #1)
  • The First Wife's Secret
  • Saltwater Cove (Westcott Bay, #1)
  • The Dancer (Isabel's Story, #2)
  • Little White Secrets
  • Cowboys Never Get A Second Chance (Chestnut Ranch Cowboy Billionaire Romance #3)
  • The Orphan's Island (Amherst Island Book 1)
  • If My Heart Had Wings: A World War II Love Story
  • Swooning over the Football Billionaire (Boston Bruisers, #1)
  • Moonlighting with the British Rock Star (Georgia Moon Romance)
  • Her Stand-in Fake Fiancé (An Older Brother's Best Friend's Romance Series)
  • One Perfect Day (Romeo Family Romance #1)
  • Don't Chase a Player (Strong Family Romance Book 7)
Deanna Lynn Sletten is the author of MISS ETTA, THE WOMEN OF GREAT HERON LAKE, MAGGIE'S TURN, THE LAKE HARRIET SERIES, and several other titles. She writes heartwarming women's fiction and romance novels with unforgettable characters. She has also written one middle-grade novel that takes you on the adventure of a lifetime. Deanna believes in fate, destiny, love at first sight, soul mates, second ...more

News & Interviews