Start by marking “Bourbon Truths (Bourbon, #4)” as Want to Read:
Bourbon Truths (Bourbon, #4)

Bourbon Truths

(Bourbon #4)

Every choice you make in life comes with a consequence.

I was once on top, I was the professional boxer to be afraid of. I had everything I could possibly hope for. I was happy, satisfied, content . . . until one night.

One off day.

One wrong reaction.

I killed a man. The sound, the blood, the stagnant air, it’s forever imprinted in my mind and now dictates the way I live m
Kindle Edition, Kindle, 333 pages
Published October 5th 2017 by Hot-Lanta Publishing, LLC (first published October 8th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Bourbon Truths, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bourbon Truths

Start your review of Bourbon Truths (Bourbon, #4)
Meghan Quinn
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Kace Haywood was an boxer who was stripped bare of everything he ever worked for. His title, his dignity, his respect.

At the lowest point of his life, he made a mistake, one lapse in judgement that cost him everything. All it took was one wrong punch, one wrong punch that was so monumental he now lives his life paying for the grief that flows through his blood soaked hands.

He doesn’t believe he deserves to experience joy, life or love. Instead, he lives in remorse, helping out a family he owes
Sybil aka Lala
One night, after his world has been ripped apart and in a downward spiral he made a bad mistake.

Now, he’s living with guilt and self-loathing and fights against anything good in his life because he feels he doesn’t deserve it.

Watching Kace live through this self-destructive path was just painful to watch. The lengths he went through to punish himself were heart-wrenching. I was silently begging this beautiful man to allow someone to love him, to give him comfort and just a glimmer of hope. To m
Courtney
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
4.5 stars!!

I have really come to love Meghan Quinn and her writing. She gets the right amount of suspense and laughter to make the book so enjoyable.

Repentance is a book about second chances. It’s about living in the present and not allowing your past to dictate who you are or what happens in the future.

We met Kace Hayood in Meghan’s Bourbon series. He’s the man behind the scenes in Jett’s business. Kace wants to help others get that second chance in life and better themselves. And after working
Three Chicks
Oct 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review by Trinette Dungee

Kace Haywood has a damaged soul or to hear him tell it, a damned soul. At one point in his life Kace Haywood was living the life; he was an up and coming boxing sensation, the hometown hero. Betrayal and one wrong decision took it all away from him; a decision that changed not only the course of his life but the lives of others known and unknown to him and that has left Kace living a life of regret. So regretful that he has built up walls around his heart. He lets no on
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
No rating. Dnf at 33%

I have only read one Meghan Quinn book prior to this. I was excited to try this one but unfortunately this book isn't for me (right now anyway)

Circumstances lead to Kace being the way he is..living a dark, gritty, miserable life. While I understand his reasonings for not being happy, I felt that they may have been a little too dramatic for me.

The one bright spot in his life is Lyla...who he keeps at arms distance because she deserves better than what he can give.

This seems
Jules
Dec 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Meghan Quinn’s Bourbon Series is now fully published. It consists of four books: Bourbon Sins, Bourbon Deceits, Bourbon Kingdom and Bourbon Truths. The final book, Bourbon Truths, is written as a standalone, spinoff even though it basically picks up where Bourbon Kingdom ends.

I enjoyed the first book in Meghan Quinn’s Bourbon Series. The premise for the series is great, but I felt that as a series, it was too drawn out. The books are overly filled with drama, angst and sex scenes in order to len
April Symes
Bourbon Truths is the 4th book in the Bourbon series by Meghan Quinn. Bourbon Truths is a full-length novel and is a standalone in this series but I recommend to read the books in order. Book one - Bourbon Sins; Book two - Bourbon Deceit; Book three - Bourbon Kingdom; Book four - Bourbon Truths for a better understanding of the characters in this series.
Bourbon Truths explores the life of Kace- Jett’s friend and right hand man, and his relationship with Lyla-Goldie’s BFF. Kace was a well-known
Home Is Where the Wine Is Book Blog

My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

So for those who know me know I’m a HUGE fan of Meghan Quinn.  This by far is one of her most compelling novels yet.  Though it could be read as a standalone I highly recommend reading the Jett Girl series first.

The story of Kace Haywood is emotional, raw and gritty.  Clearly not in your typical Meghan fashion and that is what I loved about it.

Throughout the book Kace is fighting the demons of his past that threaten to consume him.  Pushing others away and wall

Amy
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
4, Just what I needed stars!!

To say I am completely addicted to this series would be a complete and total understatement. I have been captivated and intrigued by this series ever since I got my hands on Bourbon Sins. So when I finished that series and found out that Kace was finally getting his own book in Bourbon Truths, well, I just had to get my hands on his story. And boy! Kace’s story was everything that I wanted it to be.

I don’t know about you guys, but I have been waiting rather impatient
Becky Rendon
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Finally it's happened to me,
right in front of my face and I just cannot hide it.

Happiness, the all elusive emotion, is trying to take over. Kace's friends are slowly entering that coupley, lovey world. Trying to make him part of rainbows and unicorn land, but Kace knows he will never be part of that world.

Talk about depressing! Kace has a permanent position as Eeyore's black cloud. I get it. I can't understand the agony, the shame, and the guilt. I can say I just want to hug that gorgeous man
A little birdie told me...
The first half of this book felt forced, a bit "phoned in," as if the author knew she promised Kase's story and through obligation, had to deliver something. It's told all from Kase's POV, but it alternates from past to present in different chapters.

We get the story of Kase's big mistake, how he killed another man in a bar fight that the other guy instigated (self-defense justification all day long). But the story is how Kase lives with the guilt and twists himself into a brooding, withdrawn sh
Robin Proffitt
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
. Like the song “Blackbird” by The Beatles, I’d taken my broken wings and waited to fly. I’d waited for my time to rise. With broken and bandaged wings, I was ready to fucking soar. The blackbird was now free.

Meghan wrapped this story up and surprised me by answering a lot of questions I had about Kace and who what the Jett Girls were before these two men stepped into change their lives not knowing their lives would be the ones enriched. Lace said it best in the end: They all came from different
The Smutbrarians
Value - 5
Overall - 5
Kindle eARC
Reviewed by: Ladyballs

So yet again I find myself sitting down to review one of this authors books and I am finding it difficult to decide what type to write. Do I write a 3 page review with tons of spoilers giving away half the book because I just cant help myself since the book was just that good or do I reign in my immediate choice to blab and tone it down, making you want to immediately run and get this book.
A Book Obsessed Brit
Bourbon Truths is the fourth book in the Bourbon Series; however it's focus is on Kace and in a sense a standalone - although I wouldn't recommend reading it without reading the series in order. Bourbon Truths continues on from where Bourbon Kingdom leaves us, with the community centre being built, all of our favourite characters living in Jett's hotel until the centre's resident apartments are ready.

Kace's story is mainly told through his POV, although we do get snippets from other characters
Naughty Mom Story Time
review logo
Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars
POV: His / 1st person
Naughty Rating: 3 out of 5

line

Oh, my poor Kace.  I knew, from reading The Bourbon Series, that Kace was going to be an unforgettable story. Kace was always so broody and dark. We were given but a taste of his history in the Jett Girl novels and I was so happy to see him find his peace.

As an up and coming boxing contender, his life was on a path of greatness.  Kace "The Haze" Haywood worked hard to earn his ranking and was the fighter to be feared.
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
** An ARC was kindly provided in exchange for an honest review**

My, my, my where do I even start here! Kace was just hot damn HOT. If you've read the Bourbon Series and thought Jett was freaking hot .... then you definitely will think Kace is much freaking hotter. Yes Kace was part of the Bourbon series but he was just a supporting character in the series and we actually get to know who Kace really is in Repentance -- we get to find out what he's hiding from and why.

Kace can't seem to forgive h
Anna Green
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a spin-off from the Bourbon series and tells us Kace’s story. It is best to read the first three Bourbon books to get the background of Kace’s character because this book deals more about his dark thoughts. To be honest, I wasn’t surprised that throughout the book it is one heck of a depressing and sad tale of a broody moody alpha, a man who almost had it all until that night when he accidentally killed someone out of anger.

In this book we get to dig deeper into Kace’s psyche and why he
Naomi
Sep 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-kindle
Original Review @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

I’ve been keen to get my hands on Kace’s book, since the very first time I met him. He appeared to be a dark and broody guy and I wanted to know what happened in his past that shaped him to be that way. Repentance was as difficult as I thought it would be, visiting Kace’s past and seeing how much he despised himself, and felt he didn’t deserve happiness.

Each chapter alternated between the past and the present. I saw what Kace was up to now, and then I woul
Emma
Jan 02, 2016 marked it as book-break-ups  ·  review of another edition
I should start by saying I haven't read the Bourbon series thinking Kace's story was a stand-alone. I do feel as if I would have benefitted from reading the series before embarking on Kace's story to gain a little more insight in to the pivotal players of this story, especially as the dynamic of the group. The sexuality seems almost fluid for the outside observer, it is this aspect, as well as having clarity on the background of the other characters that I felt I would be cleared up by reading t ...more
Nicole Huffman ~ Author Groupies
Easily one of my top 10 books of 2015. I loved everything about this book. I’ve read a majority of Meghan Quinn’s books and each series is so different from the others and unique to itself. Yes Repentance is part of the Jett Girl Series but it is so different from Jett and Goldie’s books. I could not put it down and I needed to know what was going to happen next and if Kace was going to find forgiveness and forgive himself.

Repentance is a highly emotional book that will break your heart, as you
The Book Fairy Reviews
Living with the sins of you past can no only be hard but it can be debilitating. Specially when you add guilt, shame and remorse. For Kace it was all of those roles into one shell of a life that he had condemned himself to. Vowing that he would atone for his sins by not living a full life, but watching out and protecting the ones that were left behind. Nothing could break that hard shell that he had created for his life, nothing but the woman with the green eyes, Layla.
Layla also had a past that
Judy Churchill
Apr 27, 2020 rated it liked it
I love Meghan Quinn’s writing but this series was definitely lacking.
Ana Rita
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I wanted to read this guys story since the first Bourbon book that I've read and it was worth the waiting.
Bourbon Truths is the fourth book from the Bourbon series and can be read as a standalone but I don't recommend it like that.
For you to better understand this series I totally advise you to read them all in order and that way you will know so much about all the characters.
Bourbon Truths explores the lifes of Kace, oh hot Kace..., and Lyla.
Kace was a well known boxer back in the days unti
S.M. Harshell
**I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.**

Being at the lowest point in his life, one bad decision, one wrong punch, has left Kace Hayward battling demons and sent him into a horrible downward spiral. He doesn't think he ever deserves to be happy. He lives with the grief he's caused. He believes in giving second chances to those who need it, but he doesn't think he's worth that chance. Jett, the only person Kace allows to be close to him, he believes in him and K
CherryRed’s Reads
Wow! Talk about Meghan Quinn spinning it with her writing!
I was blown away with this story.

Kace was introduced to us in her Bourbon series which of course you must read if you haven't already.

Kace had my heart along with him while reading this book. I wanted to hug him, heal him and was so happy he had Layla there to show him that he can move past his sins and tortured past. HE is one hot boxer who I would love to have a couple of rounds in his ring with him!

The chemistry between him and Layla
Veronica
Oct 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

If like me you've been looking forward to reading Kace's story since reading Becoming a Jett Girl I'm happy to report it is well worth the wait. The story is told entirely from Kace's point of view and this is very much all about Kace. The story switches between the present where Kace is struggling to live with the guilt of his actions, and the past where we get to experience the events that lead to Kace's life falling apart
Ruthie Taylor
Oct 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

Ms Quinn is a talented author, who I can trust to make me laugh, and cry. She succeeded once again here, although mainly tissues required, there were some wonderful moments of levity.

The story of a man so burdened by his actions that he really struggles to see a future for himself. As we travel back and forwards through his story as he sees it, we get a deep insight into just how deeply he has fallen. Only my faith in Ms
Heather C
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: oct-2015-release
I got so caught up in finally reading Kace's story that I forgot to go back and write a review! Who does that?!?!

Anyway, I absolutely loved this book. Even though this book is a standalone, I first met Kace in The Bourbon Series and I was instantly attached to him. I was dying to know more about this brooding handsome man. This is his story. We find out what haunts him from his past and why he puts everyone at a distance. We see him struggle with what he wants but believes he doesn't deserve. It
Danielle S.
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
KACE! Soooo f’n HAWT!!!! Brooding, grouchy, heartbreakingly perfect man, he will consume you and make you his! At least he did for me <3

Struggling to get his life back after a tragic event, will Lyla bring him back? Let’s hope so!
Carole
Oct 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This has been my favourite story so far. I really was intrigued with Kace, I even preferred him
to Jett.
So glad to read his story !

Can't wait to read more.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Rivals
  • Love, Sincerely, Yours
  • Otterly Scorched (Hometown Love, #3)
  • The Billionaire's Forgotten Fiancée (The Pryce Family, #4)
  • The Lake House (Brewer Brothers #1)
  • Xavier (Cocky Cage Fighter Legacy, Book 1)
  • Donkey Doubled
  • The Billionaire's Holiday Bride (The Pryce Family Book 6)
  • Garrett (Bachelors of the Ridge, #2)
  • Cole (Bachelors of the Ridge, #3)
  • My Big Fat Fake Engagement
  • Hot Sexy Desire
  • Rumble (World Class Wrestling #2)
  • Triplet Time (Triplets, #1)
  • The Billionaire's Forbidden Desire (The Pryce Family #5)
  • The Billionaire's Claim: Redemption
  • Dangerous Engagement (Wedlocked Trilogy Book 1)
  • Catch Me When I Fall (Falling Stars #2)
Like me on FB: https://www.facebook.com/meghanquinna...

When I was in high school I occasionally read books but was consumed by other teenage things so I didn't take the time to appreciate a good book on a cloudy day, wrapped up in a blanket on the couch. It wasn't until I received a Kindle for Christmas one year that my world completely flipped upside down. When looking for books I came across the

Bourbon (4 books)
  • Becoming a Jett Girl (Bourbon, #1)
  • Being a Jett Girl (Bourbon, #2)
  • Forever a Jett Girl (Bourbon, #3)

News & Interviews