Start by marking “Witch Queen's War (Vesik #7)” as Want to Read:
Witch Queen's War (Vesik #7)

Witch Queen's War

(Vesik #7)

There's a turning point in every war, but I didn't expect this one to be in my front yard. Allies of the Fae king have moved against the military stationed in Saint Charles. Our unsteady alliances are threatening to fracture, providing the water witches and vampires an opportunity to strike. With losses on both sides, things are far more dire than we realized, and the retu ...more
Published September 28th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Witch Queen's War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witch Queen's War

Bob Michaels
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Joseph Thomas
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Vesik series is an Urban Fantasy series following Damian Vesik. Damian is a smart ass Necromancer with a vampire for a sister, fairies who live in his shop. Add in a whole bunch of other fantastical creatures and some magic (obviously) and that's the world Damian lives in. Witch Queen's War is book 7 in the series. While it's not required that you read all of the books in the series I would highly recommend at least reading some of them before jumping in. Personally, I have read Books 1-3 an ...more
Susan
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Witch Queen's War is the seventh book in the Vesik series. This can be read as a standalone, but I highly suggest you read the books in order so you understand the entire background story since it starts where the previous book ends. While it does not end in a traditional cliffhanger, it is clear the story doesn't end here. There is a lot of violence and gore so 18+.

The book blurb adequately describes the storyline so I'm not going to repeat that all of that info here. This story continues what
Charles Mohapel
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Witch Queen's War" (Vesik: The Series, Book 7) Made Me Want To Read The Entire Series

Having previously read Eric. R. Asher's "Days Gone Bad" (Vesik: The Series, Book 1) and "Whispers of War"(A Vesik Anthology) previously, I was already somewhat familiar with Damian Vesik and his friends and when I got a chance to review an advance copy of "Witch Queen's War" (Vesik: The Series, Book 7), I jumped at it. Given that Vesik, plus his friends and allies are engaged in a battle against the Witch Queen
TE
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Witch Queen's War is the seventh book in the Vesik series. Everything about these stories is epic as Vesik's friends, allies, enemies and problems transcend time, space, humanity and even life and death. He can barely put out one fire when another pops up. As the death toll rises, even his home and his city are under attack. It seems like the necromancer just can't catch a break. Good thing he has a couple of cu siths to help straighten things out! Good read.

I voluntarily reviewed an advance
Ruby McDemon
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
I loved this book as much as the previous books in the series. There is so much action and awesomeness once I started listening I couldn't stop. This series is so good that it drags you in and takes you along for the ride and this book is no different. I don't even know how to describe how awesome this series is or even this book alone. There is so much awesome in it that I loved I can't even list it all. Between Eric's awesome writing skills and William's amazing narrating skill you've got an a ...more
Heather
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
In the most recent release, I put off reading for just a bit. I didn't want to read it only as it would mean needing to wait longer before the next one. As always, once I did delve into the book, it was read in a single sitting, not wanting to leave the world - once I was immersed in the world of Vesik and family, I didn't want to be brought out until I had read the last page. And I wasn't disappointed except for when this chapter in the tale was done, and I am relegated to once again reading or ...more
Wendy Schindler
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This Vesik "Witch Queen's War" is fantastic!!

Wow! Eric Asher has outdone himself with this installment in the Vesik series!
Stunning visuals and history abound! The battles are as well written as some of Robert Jordan's! Don't think for a minute I missed the similarity of the beards either.
The battle "humor" is epic as well! Nothing like a little ribald fun to help you face potential death..
Buy the book. Read it. Leave a review.. I highly recommend it!!
Mel
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book series always blow me away!

What a fantastic writing style by Mr Asher! I love the Vesek series. Very detailed and great development within the storyline, the characters are amazing and it makes me smile with his dry comments and humour just fantastic to read never gets boring I was clued to the book!
Can't wait for the next one!
Thanks for a gripping storyline with lot's of surprises to make the book even more exciting!
Alan Boggs
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book but I will be buying a copy also. This is another excellent book from Eric Asher. This is without a doubt my favorite series. the character are the same from the others with a few new thrown in. if you like urban fantasy do yourself a favor and check out this series.
Cheryl
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book! Damian and Nixie are fighting the battles of their lives. Yes, you have mystery, lots of action, surprises and story twists. Park, Casper and more play a part and the two dogs, lol, are excellent. Read and enjoy this book but be prepared to be left hanging a bit because it is not over.
Thomas Salapa
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lots of action

As with the six previous books the suspense and action did not let up. Damien is pulled in many directions trying to help his love, his town, and his friends so he is going from one dangerous situation after another and manages to get out alive. Can't wait for book 8.
Larry Tushman
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Unbelievable! What did I just read?!? This is a great series to begin with, but this installment was outstanding. The sheer scope of this story was insane. With so many moving parts, I wouldn't be surprised if the author's notes were almost as long as the book. To call this entertaining would be a great disservice. I look forward to this saga continuing.
Maya Barbery
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Eric r Asher is a genius!! Book 7 in this series cement relationships, it brings about new players. But our good Friend of Death's Door just can't catch a break!

This fast paced never a dull moment irony filled book will carry you into the world Eric created. one of my favorite series and a wonderful author, as I have read his other series.

If you like UF as a genre then Vesik is a MUST!!!!
Trish Strong
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book.Although I have some of the earlier books in the series I have not gotten around to reading them yet, however, I could still read and enjoy this book as a stand-alone.Full of action and kept me on edge until the end.Really enjoyed it.
Traci
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great book

I enjoy this series more with each book. I love the relationship between the characters. They are truly family, and the list of people they care about and protect keep growing. I look forward to book 8!
Ronald Manley
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an enjoyable series and this book is no exception. Even though the war Is serious there was enough comic dialogue to tone it down."I voluntarily reviewed an advance copy of this book that I received from the publisher."
Tracy
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this series!

It just gets better and better. Thanks Eric for sharing your world and imagination with us.

BTW, I've never posted a review before. And may never again. What is up with a minimum word count to post a review?
Kimberly Albright
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love the story and the characters. Now for more Vesik!!
Hector Santiago
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Here we go again with vesik love this character one of the best of all time gate this book asap
Edward Evans
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Moves swiftly

A c tion starts and does not slow down. Humour is still there reposting the grim parts. The stronger Visek gets
the more dangerous hi ass powers are to others.
Jackie
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great fantasy story that kept me intrigued until the very end. Loads of action, some violence and gore. A fast paced story.
Ginelle Blanch
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full of the action, danger, and friendships that I've come to expect from this series. Very visual and imaginative. The narrator does a fantastic job bringing the story and characters to life.
Holly
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love this series!
Robert L. Sieh
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read

Eric has managed to continue to keep the excitement and the novelty going even after 7 books. He's a true talent in the field.
Jackie
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazing fantasy book that is written by a superb author. Impossible not to be read.
James Learman
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
not a bad book, getting a little repetitive on the battles. starting to feel like its getting stretched out
Amy Bellino
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Witch Queen's War (Vesik Book 7) is a fast-paced, adventurous read, an adrenaline rush from the first page. Vesik is witty, sarcastic and devoted to his friends and family making him the perfect hero in my opinion. This entire series is incredibly awesome and with each new release, I find myself going back to the beginning to read over so I can keep myself immersed in the very realistic world Eric Asher manages to create with his words. Eric has the ability to bring his characters and their sett ...more
Angelia
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I love the whole series But this book has to be my favorite.
Lope Nieves
Oct 22, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Eric is a former bookseller, cellist, and comic seller currently living in Saint Louis, Missouri. A lifelong enthusiast of books, music, toys, and games, he discovered a love for the written word after being dragged to the library by his parents at a young age. When he is not writing, you can usually find him reading, gaming, or buried beneath a small avalanche of Transformers.

Vesik (8 books)
  • Days Gone Bad (Vesik, #1)
  • Wolves and the River of Stone (Vesik, #2)
  • Winter's Demon (Vesik, #3)
  • This Broken World (Vesik, #4)
  • Destroyer Rising (Vesik, #5)
  • Rattle the Bones (Vesik, #6)
  • Forgotten Ghosts