Start by marking “The Sheriff's Bride: Country Brides & Cowboy Boots (Cobble Creek Romance Book 1)” as Want to Read:

The Sheriff's Bride: Country Brides & Cowboy Boots

(Cobble Creek Romance #1)

Trent Lockheart might be the new sheriff in town, but he cant stop Jessie Jean from stealing his heart.

Sheriff Trent Lockheart knew hed be in for a challenge when he moved from the big city and a large police force to the small Wyoming town of Cobble Creek. But at least hed be able to stick to his bachelor ways without temptation. So he thought. Cobble Creek isnt
Published September 18th 2017 by Gelato Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Sheriff's Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sheriff's Bride

Start your review of The Sheriff's Bride: Country Brides & Cowboy Boots (Cobble Creek Romance Book 1)
Kathy
Sweet!

I always look forward to Ms. Krey's books, they never disappoint. When I first saw the cover reveal for this one I was extra excited, I'm a sucker for a pretty book cover and I just loved this one!

I'm also a sucker for a good "frenemies" story and Trent and Jessie have a fun meet-cute, they do not get off on the best foot! I love the banter and tension when two characters meet in less than ideal situations. Makes for a fun read. I liked Trent and Jessie, they had good chemistry and a
Katie W
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to be a hypocrite for a minute. Hello---can I say, cover love?! And now that I totally just judged this book by the cover, I'm going to say that you can't really judge a book by its cover. Trent is the new sheriff in town and by first impressions, he's kind of stuffy and a strict rule-abider. His first meet with Jessie is hilarious and the situation really shows who these characters are and how opposite they are from one another. But don't opposites attract? Okay, back to that judging ...more
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
How cute is this cover? I just love it! And I love author Kimberly Krey. She is so good at writing characters I end up caring about and sparky scenes with witty banter.

Trent and Jessie meet in a less than ideal way. They start out on the wrong foot- completely misjudging each other. It happens though. We make judgments based on what limited knowledge we have and once we get more of the story, we usually understand each other better. It's the same with Trent and Jessie. That spark of attraction
Kimberly Krey
Sep 19, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I had so much fun discovering these characters. I admire Trent his ability to overcome, and his passion for helping others. As for Jessie, I fell in love with her tender heart, strength, and resiliency. These two were destined to meet; they really needed one another, and I'm so excited to share their love story! Hope you enjoy it! ...more
Kathy Jo
After seeing her mother jump from one abusive relationship to the next, Jessie swore that she would never date, let alone get married. She knows that not all men are like her mother's boyfriends, but she just can't take the chance that she'll end up hurt and broken. It's safer for her to just stay far away.

Trent's life hasn't been the easiest. Not since the accident. There's a reason he is the way he is and there's a reason why he keeps people at arms length. Allowing them to get too close can
Jo-Anne
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, arc
I love Kimberly Krey's books. I don't think that I've read a single piece of her work that hasn't held me captive. This story definitely holds up to that standard.

Jessie had a painful time growing up, watching her mother move from one abusive boyfriend to another. Since she didn't have a good role model in relationships, she intended to stay single forever. That is until she met Trent. He was the small town's new sheriff and was appalled by the lax law enforcement. He planned on getting everyone
Kristina Applegate
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: free-for-review
What a better way to start you night than curling up to a great book?  Thats how I felt reading Kimberly Kreys The Sheriffs Bride.  Jessie has seen plenty of heartache and hurt growing up, watching her mom battle abusive relationship one right after the other.  Shes all but sworn off love for herself.  However, fate wouldnt hear of it, because theres a new Sheriff in town and one way or another, fate was going to have its way.

Sheriff Trent Middleton had his work cut out for him in this town and
B. D. Mann
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kimberly Krey tells the story of Jessie and Trent so masterfully well that the characters come to life as full-blown, real-life people who are relatable and genuine. The story pulled me in and kept me involved from beginning to end. I appreciated the fact that Ms. Krey extended the story well beyond the typical story that ends when the protagonists get to the altar. I recommend this offering to all who enjoy well-written, clean romance.
romancejunkie
Sheriff Trent Middleton and Jessie Jean hadn't liked each other much when they first meet when he first moved in to her small town, but some time later when he won a date with her at an auction, they started to spend more time together and saw that what they first thought about the other wasn't entirely true, and then their feelings for each other grew into a forever kind of love.
Pam
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Sheriffs Bride: Cobble Creek Small Town Romance Book 1 is by Kimberly Krey. This book takes place in mythical Cobble Creek, Wyoming. This is a small town where time moves slowly and sweetly. It is a place where kids can be kids and enjoy life like it was without worrying constantly about the evil in the world. Yes, bad things happen here; but the community comes together and helps correct things. It is into this town that Sheriff Trent Lockheart comes, unaware that his life is to change.
My2CentsBookReviews
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Clean country, small town romance! Need a book that shows we all have bruises but still can find that perfect ft -this is it

Jessie is the passionate town guardian angle helping stranger to the extended family with whatever they need. The local town Sheriff Trent is new and small town living does take some adjusting. You can imagine Jessie get it done now attitude may not be simple black and white like the strict law wants. Yep some oil and water moments. Some violence talking about tragic
Pascale
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing

There's a New Sheriff in Town

Two people trying to forget their pasts and afraid to face a future with new love... Will Jessie and Trent learn to let go of past hurts and guilt and move on to make a new start in life? Or will their pasts keep them from finding true love, security, and forgiveness?

Aww, I love to read anything Kimberley Krey writes! She has a wonderful gift and I'm always thrilled when she chooses to share it with us, her readers. This is a great, clean romance with lots of steamy
Lynn Smith
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Sheriff's Bride

Sweet clean romance. Two people who have no intentions of getting married ever or being in a relationship find out life has other plans for them.
April
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
Rocky
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jessie and Trent

Jessie is the owner of the local bed & breakfast who is also the town cryer (so to speak) making sure that if there is a need somewhere it gets done. Trent is the new sheriff, a no-nonsense police officer who is harboring a dark secret. Jessie has secrets of her own. One of the secrets they share is that both have sworn off getting married. That secret might be negated when they start to fall for each other. However, during a visit from Trent's parents, he is reminded of the
D'anah
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

Reads really well. Has plenty of ups and downs. Lots of quirky characters. The characters are "real" and have to work through hardships and pain. Lovely community and supportive network. A lovely ending. Enjoyed it.
Mei Li
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

I was pleasantly surprised when I read The Unlikely Bride. The characters were well-developed and the plot a delight to follow. Very talented writer and such a super-fun book.
Judy Rushing
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved meeting all of the people in the book. Want to hear more about Nate an his family.😀
Maria Thomas
Rounding up from 3.75

So this is a cute little romance with some serious undertones. Both characters are carrying around baggage from childhood that they must overcome to be able to move on with life.

I enjoyed the story overall but got tired of one phrase being used repeatedly through the beginning of the book. "A knot of heat rolled through his belly" or variations similar to this. Heat in the belly.... There must be some other ways to describe attraction toward another person. But I find it is
Vibliophile
Meh

I had high hopes for this story, but I could not like the hero and heroine very much. They were sympathetic characters, but not particularly engaging. In fact, frankly, I did not like Jessie for the first 3rd of the book.

Too often authors attempt to write Lizzie Bennett and Mr Darcy type romances where the Lizzie character is rendered into a witch instead of a lighthearted soul who sees the humor in human foibles and enjoys laughing & teasing about them. That's a trait with redeeming
Bookconfessions
Sep 27, 2018 rated it liked it
A sweet small town romance, having her characters realize they had to be willing to work at things to get what you want showed a true understanding of romance. The fact that they had to fight to overcome their backgrounds and fight for each other made their relationship more real and relateable.

My one struggle was that Jessies realization of wanting to fight for Trent seemed to be a turning point, but then she gave up too quickly. I think it wouldve fit more with the moment and her personality
Liz
Clean and sweet. But wasn't feeling the romantic side.

Trent is the new sheriff in town and meets Jessie after he takes down the flyers that she illegally put up. Love-hate then not so much hate. Both have troubled pasts, but have a little relationship for about a month and then he can't talk about his past and he blows it.

They were broken up longer than they were together and I wanted more about their relationship together; we're told but not shown.

There is a happy and complete HEA.
Julia Lance
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such a cute book! Both Trent and Jessie had sworn off dating and marriage but when you find your match its hard to stay away no matter what happens. I loved that this book wasnt all sunshine and rainbows and they both had issues to work through. Makes the book that much better to read. Love everything by this Author cant wait to catch up on the few I havent read yet! ...more
Teya Teya
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is one of the sweetest I've read. It had me cheering, frustrated, tearing, and swooning. A book doing all that heck ya! SO cute, so sweet and one dang hot sheriff, what more could you want? She's feisty with baggage and he's determined with baggage. The best is watching them strip the baggage away to be with each other.
Serina
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bed and Breakfast Family

I loved loved loved this book. The Cobble Creek Bed and Breakfast is the center of this wonderful story of loving and disturbing people. But, disturbing in a good way. They bring intrigue, beauty, romance a good old fashion small town goodness to the story. This is a must read-a feel good.
Samantha
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet story

Both Trent and Jessie don't want to marry but they both have a connection. Can it be more or are they willing to stick to their initial beliefs? I loved reading their story and seeing how they interacted with each other.
Lynn
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

I loved this book. I love this series. Wonder if there will be more. Great storyline. Lots of drama. Great characters. Can't wait to read more from this series. A must read.
Shauna  K. Spencer
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hot new sheriff meets Miss Jessie!

The new hot sheriff in town has a cute challenge on his hands. Jessie is trying to do good for the town, but "Dudley Dooright" keeps getting in her way. Sparks fly when they finally see eye to eye.
Michelle Dodge
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love overcomes guilt

Great story. I enjoyed the different personalities of the characters. It is true we are our own greatest critics. Having a loving family and friends can help support one another and we find this true in this story.
Julie
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

This book has 29 chapters, a full story without lots of abbreviated scenes & guessed time lapses.
A complete, clean story of tough times & forgiving one's self for a failure. The characters faced cancer, abuse & death yet were happy.

• Her Dream Date Boss (Steele Family #1)
  • The Gentle Patriot (Quinn Family #3)
  • One Perfect Day (Romeo Family Romance #1)
  • One Way Home (Romeo Family Romance Book 2)
  • A Marriage of Anything But Convenience (The Billionaire Club #1)
  • How to Design Love (Jepson Brothers #1)
  • The Academic Bride (Billionaire Marriage Brokers, #1)
  • Second Chance (Terrence Family Romance, #2)
  • Trusting the Billionaire (Billionaire Beach #4)
  • Saving the Billionaire's Daughter (Jackson Hole Firefighter #1)
  • Her Guy Next Door Fake Fiance (Echo Ridge Romance Book 5)
  • The Gifted Groom (Moore Family Romance, #1)
  • Don't Date Your Brother's Best Friend (Strong Family Romances #1)
  • The Best Friend's Billionaire Brother (A Caprock Canyon Romance, #1)
  • Her Reluctant Boss (Grant Brothers, #1)
  • Goldie and the Billionaire Bear: A Clean Billionaire Fairy Tale Romance (Once Upon a Billionaire Book 1)
  • Only Her Cowboy (Mystical Lake Resort #2)
  • The Committed Warrior (Steele Family #3)
Award-winning author Kimberly Krey writes 'Romance That's Clean without Losing the Steam'. She's a fervent lover of God, family, and cheese platters, as well as the ultimate hater of laundry.

*2020 RONE Award Winner
*SWOONY Award Winner
*KINDLE All-Star Author Award Winner
*KINDLE All-Star Book Award Winner
*TWO-TIME RONE Award Finalist

To stay connected, and receive a FREE book, subscribe to her

Cobble Creek Romance (3 books)
  • The Lumberjack's Yuletide Bride: Country Brides & Cowboy Boots (A Cobble Creek Romance)
  • The Snapshot Bride (Cobble Creek Romance)

News & Interviews