Start by marking “Predestination Unknown” as Want to Read:
Predestination Unknown

Predestination Unknown

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  58 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Luther is almost enjoying a rainy day in Salem, Massachusetts on All Hallow’s Eve when his pursuit of a light-haired, light-skinned guy in a Pilgrim costume sends him crashing back in time to Salem 1692 and the start of the Salem witchcraft trials.

Ezekiel was only going about his chores when a gay, bi-racial man from the future dropped into his life. He doesn’t know Luther
Published October 3rd 2017 by Tanya Chris Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Predestination Unknown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Predestination Unknown

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Predestination Unknown
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
The premise of this story is clever-man goes back in time to an awful event in American history and convinces some myopic people to use their collective heads for more than just hat placement and averts a tragedy. The old adage don't believe everything you hear/read/see strikes again. Predestination Unknown is not your average time travel romance. Count on some cultural and potentially triggery issues including racism, bigotry, sexism, and religious extremism.

Luther is in a mirror maze with some
annob

The main characters were so sweet and loving together in this story, but i struggled with the plot—heavily inserting the MCs in a real historical event. For me as a European, the trial details got too much page time compared to the romance. But I did like the ending, and the epilogue too.

P.S. I think the older book cover did a much better job at depicting both of the MCs than the updated 2019 version.
Bárbara
DNF (maybe indefinitely? TBD) @ 15%

It may be me, it may be the book, it may be the timing... Something definitely wasn't working. I'm sad, cause the premise sounded great. It's just not happening right now.

*ARC provided by the author*
(I really try not to DNF ARCs, but when you have to do it, you have to do it).
JoAnn
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ku, mm, time-travel
This was such a sweet and unexpectedly good read.

A few things to know going into this book if you couldn’t figure it out from the blurb.

This is a bi-racial, time travel romance, in which our modern day hero of color travels to Salem during the time of the Salem Witch Trials. So for those that can’t figure it out before hand, there will be racism, bigotry and discussions of slavery, the women will still be in the kitchens and making baby, gay men are still called sodomites and religion still ru
Joyfully Jay
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

I am a huge fan of time travel stories so I was eager to check out Predestination Unknown. The twist to this story is that it is not just a time travel book, but one where Luther travels to witness real events in history. Author Tanya Chris does a great job integrating the Salem witch trials into the story. We get to see it all first hand through Luther’s eyes as the town is whipped up into a frenzy, lead by those who are seeking to scapegoat the poor and underpr
Heather
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Blogger's Note: I want to start by saying that when you read historicals you have to keep in mind the times and setting the story is taking place in, you can't go in expecting the story to be told with today's morals, emotions, and conversations. If you go in expecting today's thinking then you will be disappointed and probably offended. For me, if the author uses present day phrases and morals for eras gone by than I am going to be offended and put off.

Now as for Predestination Unknown, the aut
tammy rufo
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, just wow! I really didn't know what to expect when I read this book. Period set books are a love of mine, but it takes a special author to get them correct. Tanya Chris REALLY got this right! I can only imagine the research she put into this book. (and it's very appreciated)

I pretty much loved everything about this book. I felt like I was with Luther in 1692. I hope there is more to Zeke and Luther's story, maybe a novella!!! (hint hint) I'm not going to give anything away, you really shou
NeRdyWYRM
Predestination Unknown. You've Been P-U'd.

you've been pu'd pepe le pew

I can't review this ARC for Gay Book Reviews because it's a DNF, but I can review it for my Goodreads friends.

I don't do closeted racism, tacit racism, the perpetuation of racist stereotypes, unwitting racism via ignorance, or ignorance period. Search the words "white" and "black" and "negros" in this book. I dare you not to be pissed when you do. I. Dare. You. The double-dog variety. Good luck with that. Here's a sample or four.

"Nothing good ever cam
Pam
This was my first Tanya Chris, and she really impressed me as a writer. I will definitely be reading more of hers. It did not go at all where I was expecting, and the last 10% especially kept me on my toes with the time travel resolution! But I loved their decisions at the end, and I really loved her message with this one. The right thing to do is not always easy...but you should DO IT ANYWAY!!! Holy hell, who knew?!?! :)

These guys are going to stick with me a lot longer than I would have expec
Wendy❤Ann
I’m not really sure what I was expecting when I agreed to read and review this book, but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t what I got (not in a bad way). I think I was expecting this was going to be some light-hearted Halloween time travel short story – cute and quirky. Instead, this was a full-fledged story complete with a comprehensive history lesson about the Salem witch trials and a time when many prejudices existed among people.

Stories that have a heavy historical theme aren’t typically my cup of
Stacey Escalera blog
This was my first time reading from this Author.
And I must say I loved the story plot.
The MC was a joy to read I was so involve in this story to the end.
I felt like to the story was well written.
I will be looking forward to reading more from this Author.
I voluntarily read An Advance reader copy of this book and my
Thought are my own.
Pat
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, Tanya Chris sure hooked me right into this story that flowed effortlessly and the characters were so descriptive that I felt like I was sitting in a room watching as Luther and Ezekiel's story unfolded! This book was a very enjoyable and entertaining read!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
John Hulbert
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fascinating

So much going on in this story that I couldn't put it down. Loved the religious and gender discussions as much as getting to know Luther and Zeke. Sweet story, great read
Noel Simpson
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not what I expected

I read the reviews and decided to try it out and I have to say -wow. Nothing like I expected, it's really well balanced: the history, the romance, the struggle, the characters are all compelling and well thought out. Nice.
Akeem Thompson
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Inspirational

4 1/2* A sweet nand wonderfully inspirational story of love and hope. I know it's fiction but believe the loves have a long wonderful, happy and prosperous and healthy life!! I would recommend this book to anyone who loves romance novel.
Andrea
Nov 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good writing and character development but it was too sad for me. I don't think it was meant to be and a lot of people will enjoy it - just checked some personal boxes I'd rather not have had checked. ...more
R.J. Sorrento
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq, mlm-romance
Fun, fast read with a time travel twist. The love story between Luther and Ezekiel is sweet and uplifting.
Czarria
Leah
Oct 25, 2017
ShinyNickel
Nov 03, 2017

• Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (Big Bad Wolf, #4)
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • Without Warning (Cobalt Security, #1)
  • The Remaking of Corbin Wale
  • The Halloween Surprise
  • A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
  • Honeymoon for One
  • Best Man (Close Proximity, #1)
  • A Gentleman's Position (Society of Gentlemen, #3)
  • Rushing In (Ace's Wild, #3)
  • Thrown to the Wolves (Big Bad Wolf, #3)
  • Where Love Grows
  • Skin and Bone (Digging Up Bones, #2)
  • A Gentleman Tutor
  • Nothing Gained (The Chosen One #4)
  • King Me (Forever Wilde, #7)
  • The Ghost of Buxton Manor
  • Triangulation (Borealis Investigations, #2)
Tanya writes in a variety of romantic and erotic genres, being an avid follower of many of these genres herself. Some of her favorites are M/M romance, MFM threesomes, and BDSM with male submissives.

Tanya lives in New England with her boyfriend and her cat and has participated in many of the activities about which she writes, but not all of them. It's left to the reader to decide which are which.