Start by marking “Scratch Track (Escaping Indigo, #3)” as Want to Read:
Scratch Track (Escaping Indigo, #3)

Scratch Track

(Escaping Indigo #3)

Being a roadie isn’t everyone’s idea of a dream job, but it’s all Quinn wants. He loves touring, loves getting to hear amazing music every night and, more than anything, loves being someone the band members of Escaping Indigo can lean on.

When Quinn joins the band in the recording studio, it’s supposed to be fun, but it only seems to remind him of doubts he thought he’d lef
Published January 29th 2018 by Riptide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Scratch Track, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scratch Track

Fabi
This is an extremely character driven plot. It's heavy. Like trudging through a morass of feelings.

Unfortunately, I'm more of an action plot fan. So this was tough reading for me. I got to about 45% before I threw in the towel.

I think that for those of you who like 'heavy on the feelz' stories, this is going to be a real winner.

Review ARC graciously provided by Riptide Publishing via NetGalley
Truusje
Jan 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, rockstar
For me Scratch Track was the introduction to Eli Lang and the world of Escaping Indigo, but it is the third book in a series. While I’m not fussy about reading series in order, I felt in this case it might be better to read book #1 first as it seems to be closely linked. I was a little confused about all the characters at the beginning and some of the backstory. It also would have been good to see Quinn from a different perspective than his own.

Scratch Track has lots of strengths, especially tow
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie

3.75 Stars

I loved the blurb, but this story had the same issues as book one for me. We spent too much time in Quinn’s head and not enough time getting to really know Nicky. Although I think this book has more dialogue than Escaping Indigo perhaps, I still wanted more. The second half of the book moves much faster and had more dialogue than the first half.

This story feels heavy. You can feel the grief, sadness and guilt coming off of Quinn in waves and, at times, it was daunting to trudge throug
Joyfully Jay
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

Scratch Track is the third book in the Escaping Indigo series and falls back into the same quiet, introspective atmosphere as the two books before it. The book mostly works on its own and if you are okay with not knowing all the small details that came before, you could start here.

This book solely rests on Quinn’s shoulders, even though Nicky is the more energetic and dynamic character. It’s been a year since Quinn’s brother, Eric, died and Quinn can’t seem to mov
Annie Maus
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
In Scratch Track, Eli Lang’s requiem to grief, music and love serve as counterpoints to pain. I was wowed by her demonstration of how to live on!

Also impressive is that the book works as a standalone. I hadn’t read the first two in this Escaping Indigo series, but still enjoyed the rich cast of characters, who function like a chorus to the main couple’s drama.

Quinn, a road manager, joins his band, Escaping Indigo, as they produce an album, though he’s neither working, nor necessary. He’s escap
Jody
As a fan of rockstar romances I found myself eagerly grabbing at this book the moment it hits shelves and upon completing it I must say that there’s a lot to like about this m/m romance. There’s also a bit of frustration too in this tale of second chances and grief as it went on a bit too long and got lost in its lyrical narrative a time or two.

From the first page to the last this book sets itself apart from other rockstar romances as it’s not your typical tale of sex, drugs, and rock ‘n roll. Y
Roberta Blablanski
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rockstars
Scratch Track is on my list of anticipated reads of 2018. Here's the link if you'd like to see the others on my list:

I absolutely adore Eli's introspective writing style. I'm partial to rock star romances and all the debauchery that comes with them; however, Scratch Track has none of the drugs in the typical "sex, drugs, and rock'n'roll" theme. There's rock'n'roll in the form of Escaping Indigo and Rest in Peach (Quinn's love interest's band) laying down t
WhatAStrangeDuck
The good thing about this book is that the musicians are actually musicians first and rock gods second. I like that the book shows how important the music is to the protags. So kudos for that.

But it was heavy reading, dominated by grief and miscommunication so that it dragged on a bit.
S
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtqi, romance
This was terrific. Quinn is just so broken but so vulnerable and loving at the same time, like his big heart can't help but open up despite the risk, despite his pain. And Nicky is just a delightful character, and Lang does such a good job of capturing his energy, while drumming and otherwise. In this book and in the first of the series, Lang's portrayal of grief -- both Quinn's and Micah's -- as something so personal, so unique in its impact, despite being a universal experience.
Amber
Jun 21, 2018
Dawn
Dec 14, 2018
Kelly
Eli Lang's books are all about the moments. Her stories are as much about the pauses in conversation as they are the interludes where her characters take time to think about their actions (for good or ill) and the flow of her prose always reminds me of music. I love the way she writes and I love this story in particular. Quinn captured me from the first page. I wanted him to find himself and I felt the anxiety that held him back from taking another risk. A beautifully told love story, but also t ...more
Judie
Rachel
Feb 02, 2018
CarolMM
Feb 23, 2018
Eli Lang is a writer, drummer, and origami enthusiast. She lives in Arizona with too many pets and too many books.

Escaping Indigo (3 books)
  • Escaping Indigo (Escaping Indigo, #1)
  • Skin Hunger (Escaping Indigo, #2)