Start by marking “Darkest Temptation (The Dark Ones Saga, #4)” as Want to Read:
Darkest Temptation (The Dark Ones Saga, #4)

Darkest Temptation

(The Dark Ones Saga #4)

I'm a werewolf King who chose to step down out of grief for my mate.
For centuries I've been alone, choosing to live a life of modesty despite the wealth surrounding me.
I deserve to be punished.
I crave things I have no business craving.
And it is manifesting itself in a way I'm terrified I won't be able to control any longer.
Especially since she arrived.
Vampire. Orphan. Beat
ebook
Published October 31st 2017 by Rachel Van Dyken

Start your review of Darkest Temptation (The Dark Ones Saga, #4)
Carvanz

Wow! What an incredible read! This went beyond anything I thought it would be.

description

Mason is a wolf shifter and yet he’s struggling with urges he can’t explain. Forcing himself to hold fast to what his nature should be, each day he finds it harder to not yield to the secret yearnings within. When Serenity, a vampire, is rescued and he helps to heal her, those urges are suddenly screaming at him and now everyone around him is aware that something isn’t as it should be.

description

There is no way I’m going any furt
Sabrina
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK * Amazon Paperback

Mason! I feel like I've been waiting forever for Mason's story and it's actually only been a few days. He was the character that was always there to help the mates of his friends and it made him impossible not to love. I just knew his story was going to be amazing and couldn't wait for him to finally find some happiness again.

In Darkest Temptation Mason was almost like a completely different character. I don't mean that in a bad way and it wasn't
Sentranced Jem
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
FOR GOODREADS

Updated as of October 28, 2017

dark

Title: Darkest Temptation ( The Dark Ones Sage #4)
Author: Rachel Van Dyken
Genre: Paranormal, Romance, New Adult
Publication Date: October 31, 2017

ARC

Rachel Van Dyken can do no wrong. End of.
Likewise, Sleep is overrated. hahaha
I have been waiting for this book for what feels like forever! Saying I'm a huge Fan of this author is also an understatement. Rachel Van Dyken has a way of creating such an intriguing character out of something we are so use
✰ Liz ✰
"You. You're my heaven. A gift from The Creator."
description

Darkest Temptation is the fourth book in The Dark Ones Saga. Although it can be read as a stand-alone, I highly recommend reading this series from the beginning in order to fully grasp the arc of the characters and the importance of their relationships with one another.

description
"Yours. I want to be yours. Forever."
Mason, a werewolf King, has been living a lonely life. Although he has the love and support of his friends, he has denied himself, love
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
So it was brought to my attention after reading this book and loving it then that this hero had a threesome with heroine and hero from book 3 and there was not a peep of this in this book!!
Here I was so damn fucking stupid thinking he was fucking celibate while he was not and thinking I had a winner in my fuckings hands!
Was it the author’s intention not mentioning this in this book? I fucking think so!
I’m pissed! Now his heroine has to see and live with the woman he had a threesome with!
And
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We have a Rachel Van Dyken giveaway happening on the blog now! Where are all the paranormal lovers! I LOVED THIS BOOK!

OMG it was better than I could ever imagine - RVD writes paranormal book crack!!!
Mason is to die for... his story and how it all comes full circle is pretty damn thrilling, amazing, and unputdownable.
Get ready!!! This is one you don't want to miss!!!
Jilly

Oh, I'm mad. Mad enough to don my angry wig!

In the past three books, we have learned to love Mason the Werewolf. He is a vegan werewolf who absolutely loves The Lion King. He is cuddly, sweet, and befriends all of the new females that his friends have mated with. He also loved to feed everyone.

What's not to like about this guy?

But, Mason was sad because his own mate died 100 years ago, and unfortunately he was commanded to find a new mate because the supernaturals are stronger when they are mate
Dali
Happy book birthday!!

Rachel Van Dyken stirs things up with the fourth book in the Dark Ones Saga. Her latest paranormal romance, Darkest Temptation, is otherworldly sexy, exciting, suspenseful and fun to read. Even though this is my first time reading a book from this series and there were a lot of things happening, RVD always produces a satisfying reading experience, but this time, instead of the contemporary romance I usually subscribe to, the story is brightened a motley crew of immortals
Nancy Metsch
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
** Spoiler free review**
Rachel has taken Paranormal to a whole new level. Mason and Serenity's story is my favorite out of the series. Now let me just say I loved Twilight. But these books are even better.
Mason is the werewolf and my favorite. He loves berries and pine cones which really cracks me up. BUT the guy also needs meat. Enter Serenity. I wont say to much about her. Just know that she came to Mason literally a mess. She's a vampire. Hence they should not get along. BUT rules are made
Clare
I feel like I've waited forever for this one lol But Rachel's books are so worth the wait. Where to start with how much i loved this book, I couldn't wait to read Mason's story and as always Rachel knows how to deliver and gripping story that had me reading this very quickly.
Heather andrews
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mason is easily jealous, "he full-on glared. “Why would you need Ethan? He’s mated.” Mason's thoughts are very primal, "because I was minutes away from stripping her naked next to a head of lettuce. That damn well would cause a need for clean-up on aisle four." Mason just doesn't understand his woman at times, “is there a reason you’re asking about my father after having ***? Is this a vampire thing? You need to know I have good breeding stock as a wolf. I know I can—” This is the sotry I've bee ...more
Princess under cover
It was OK. I’m used to the author’s style by now and not going to complain again about all the pages she wastes with one or 2 word sentences.

Plenty of editing issues too. A star off right there.

Reuse of a trope she used already in book 1: vampire Ethan had a mate, who was not really the ONE for him but whose death had a lasting effect on him and made him bitter and damaged. Take 2: in this book, Mason’s mate wasn’t meant for him either. And the one he’s with in this book is actually THE ONE.

Well
Konny
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Darkest Temptation by Rachel Van Dyken is the fourth book in The Dark Ones Saga. While every book can be read as a standalone, I recommend to read the books in order. Book one, The Dark Ones; Book two, Untouchable; Book three, Dark Surrender and Book four, Darkest Temptation.

Mason is a werewolf king who gave up his throne and stepped down when his mate died. He´s alone for centuries. He griefes his mate, ´til she comes.
She, is a vampire, a orphan badly beaten and in need of healing - Serenity.
Va
Witchy Richey's Booktastic Reviews
I have been dying to read the pine cone eating hotness that is Mason and this did not disappoint. So thrilling and powerful. He’s such a tortured soul but the story comes full circle and the entire cast is present.

Witty dialogue and serious hotness...Mason will make you swoon HARD! I love, love, love this read.

A RVD paranormal experience that will trip your trigger and feed your PNR addiction.
Jan
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it

Firstly I'm not normally a pnr reader the different beings and words completely go over my head as did this often but I can't ignore the creativity of RVD and the chemistry between the characters that make this a sizzling pnr with a plot full of twists and turns.

For those who do normally read pnr you will love this with its mixture of so many beings, and an obvious established series, theres Angels, wolves,vampires & more. I really do need educating on all this lol but I was engaged and intrigu
Sissy's Romance Book Review
DARKEST TEMPTATION by Rachel Van Dyken is the Fourth book in The Dark Ones Saga. This is the story of Serenity and Mason. I haven't yet read the other books in this series, so for me this was a standalone book. Although I do wish I read the books in order since this one was so good and I would like to have more background on this series.
Mason we learned has lost his mate and he has taken it very hard. But he is starting to feel and want things he thinks he shouldn't want. Those feeling increase
Kayla
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, audiobook
I don't know how I feel about that. The book was AMAZING but it doesn't feel like the series should be over yet? I feel like there's so much more that should have been explored and I would kill to read more

I can't decide if book one or this one is my favorite. I just love Mason as a character so much

_______________________________
i am SO excited for this...she saved the best for last
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jerks, lol, paranormal
4 Epic-Animal-Heat Stars!!!

Why?! Why did I do this to myself….again?! This is the second time I’ve started in the middle of a Rachel Van Dyken series, only to be uber curious about the previous characters! Damn you, Rachel for reeling me into your series and making me go back and read all of the books before it. Ok, I actually mean Thank you, Rachel (*muah).

Biting is hot, right?! It’s not just me?! Ok, good. But I would say that I have a Vampire Standard. I’m a picky bitch when it comes to vamp
Naughty Mom Story Time
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs-reviewed
I just love this series!! Mason, the lone wolf that he is, has always had a special place in my heart and I knew he was destined for great things with a great love by his side...but I had no clue how wondrous his destiny would be.

Rachel Van Dyken continues the Dark Ones Saga with Mason and Serenity’s story and their fates were more intertwined and majestic than I could have imagined or hope for.

Both characters are no strangers to loneliness but Mason’s was by choice and now that Serenity is un
Kim Sutton
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Darkest Temptation is book 4 in The Dark Ones Saga, although it can be read as a standalone I'd recommend reading the other books first.

This was a really amazing paranormal story, I guess I shouldn't be surprised because I’ve loved everything that I've read by this author so far. There's so many twists in this book, the characters are thrilling and loveable and yet some are scary at times. There's more to most of the characters than even they themselves know, and I loved being shocked speechles
Brandy Roberts
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have had the pleasure of reading some of Rachel Van Dykens stories and found them quit enjoyable , Darkest temptation would be my first read in The Dark Ones Saga and I plan to go back to read the first three in the series because all the secondary characters are so likable I'd love to read their books but don't worry this can be read as a standalone you wont be lost at all . I'm very picky when it comes to Paranormal romances but something about the blurb drew me and when I found out it was w ...more
Rachel
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Mason is the werewolf king, but stepped down when grief for his dead mate became too much to handle. He has been suppressing his instincts for centuries, punishing himself for his mate’s death. When Serenity arrives at the house, injured and needing help, he craves her in a way that isn’t nature. He isn’t supposed to desire her he isn’t supposed to want to take her as a mate. She is a vampire.

Yet again, Rachel has turned traditional lore into something new. Part of what I enjoy most about this s
Lindsay Thompson-Sublett
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've been waiting for Mason's story since the beginning of this story and it didn't disappoint. Another great story by the talented Rachel Van Dyken.
Beyond The Covers Blog
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: carrie
Darkest Temptation is the fourth book in The Dark Ones Saga. While every book can be read as a standalone, I would read the books in order.

Mason has spent centuries alone after losing his mate and feels he is to live alone for the rest of his life. Then Cassius and Ethan bring home Serenity who has been bitten and left for dead and is forced to heal her. Can Mason let Serenity in let alone mate with a vampire?

This book is full of twists and unexpected turns. I loved Masons story and how even t
Theresa Payne
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rachel sure knows how to get you sucked right into a book.
I love Mason's story. So lost so confused you just can't help but to keep reading Great book
Laura Parker
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mason is a wolf who doesn't really know his true self, but who does with the dark ones there are so many secrets so many unknowns. Mason tortures himself with his past life with pinecones and berries until he see Serenity, he's already had a mate why would he find such attraction to her? She's a vampire wolfs and vampires don't mate, but hey it's the dark ones nothing is ever normal with them. This is a fast read with blood, humor, hot steamy parts, and secrets you'll love this book!
Courtney
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Rachel is another author that I adore so much. When she started this paranormal series back in 2015, I was all-in from the get-go and she has continuously amazed me with her unique stories and amazing characters in these books. I have been waiting (not so patiently) for Mason's book and we finally have it!!!

I will do my best to not to give anything away, so I apologize in advance if my review is more than vague. It's not on purpose, it's just that the slightest bit of information may give too mu
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

f33bfd4f08a57112ff90b8a372bd04

The highly much anticipated story of Mason was worth the wait. Rachel Van Dyken couldn’t have orchestrated a more perfect story line of a shape shifter werewolf and his chosen one, a vampire. Two complete different species and yet the electric charge and connection Mason felt for Serenity was an electric pulsating charge that made this romance and connection stand out. Darkest Temptation was a great blend of temptation, romance, and mystery.
Sofia Lazaridou
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I had no idea what was going on with this book most of the time. This is not a bad thing and I didn't intend to make it sound like that. It's just that we were finding out stuff about Mason and Serenity all the time and everything was happening very fast. I wish Mason had spent more time with his pine cones! I loved that part in the third book and it was mentioned a couple of times in this book. Most food talk was about blood. Mason and Serenity worked very well together and I wish the book was ...more
HeatherP
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites
Mason has been the one I've been dying to get my hands on. He always seemed tortured and damaged. Those stories always do more for me and coming from a series I already love, I was excited for this. Although this says it can be read as a stand alone I still recommend reading the rest of the series first. I feel that the book would be so much more for you if you have already read those. The other books had a bit more angst and I like that in my books, I still really enjoyed this story and I'm gla ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Once Upon A Rock Star
  • Fashion Jungle
  • Dark Obsession (Pure/Dark Ones #8)
  • Releasing the Watcher (The Fallen Angel Trilogy #3)
  • The Boss (Fire's Edge, #1)
  • Bound by Passion (The Alliance, Book 4)
  • Bound by Vengeance (The Alliance, #2)
  • Fallen Crest Campout: A Fallen Crest/Crew crossover novella
  • Ravaged (Vampire Awakenings #7)
  • Hunter (Immortals of New Orleans #10)
  • Rich Prick
  • Blood Cure (Blood Type, #3)
  • Unforeseen (Vampire Awakenings #9)
  • Charmed Souls (Black Souls, #1)
  • Blood Match (Blood Type, #2)
  • Bound by Darkness (The Alliance, #3)
  • Reawakening (Regent Vampire Lords, #3)
  • The Last Vampire: Book Four (The Last Vampire #4)
Rachel Van Dyken is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of regency and contemporary romances.

Hey guys I'm rarely on Goodreads, if you need to reach me feel free to email!
EMAIL ME: rachelvandykenauthor@gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rachel-...

The Dark Ones Saga (5 books)
  • The Dark Ones (The Dark Ones Saga, #1)
  • Untouchable Darkness (The Dark Ones Saga, #2)
  • Dark Surrender (The Dark Ones Saga, #3)
  • Darkest Sinner