Start by marking “Cash Plays (Seven of Spades, #3)” as Want to Read:
Cash Plays (Seven of Spades, #3)

Cash Plays

(Seven of Spades #3)

The Seven of Spades is back with a vengeance—the vigilante serial killer has resumed their murderous crusade, eluding the police at every turn. But a bloodthirsty killer isn’t the only threat facing Sin City. A devious saboteur is wreaking havoc in Las Vegas’s criminal underworld, and the entire city seems to be barreling toward an all-out gang war.

As Detective Levi Abrams
Published June 4th 2018 by Riptide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Cash Plays, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cash Plays

Judith
4 Stars.

Three books in and this is turning into a highly addictive series.This one pulled me in from the start and didn't let go...

Dominic and Levi are in a good place emotionally when the book opens.There are sweet moments and some seriously hot one's as well.After reading the blurb for book four (big mistake!), I kind of knew what to expect but that didn't make it any less dramatic and the further I got into the book,the more I read with growing trepidation.Having an idea of how things would p
Shile

“Everybody has a dark side,” Dominic said. He unstrapped his right glove. “It’s okay to take that side out for a drive every now and then. Healthy adults have this crazy thing called impulse control that tells them when and where to do that. It’s what separates us from psychotic serial killers. And teenagers.”

DAMN! MUTHA OF ALL F**KERS This book made me ragey and....

description

The first half of this book had me fooled. Hot sex! Lovey dovey, enjoying the mystery….then all that gets taken away! P
DarienMoya
Reread March 2019

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4.25

~PLAYED AND LEFT BROKEN AS HELL~

Pardon my language for this review because I have feelings. TOO MANY RAGEY FEELING 🤬

This book…

This fucking book…

This motherfucking book…

I don’t even have the words right now. I feel like love is dead, everything is a lie and I wanna cry over a bag of hot Cheetos and a plate filled with delicious fried foods.

Cash Plays, the third book in the Seven of Spades ♠ series and what a whopping play of crazy, disappointment
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
4.5 Hearts

My immediate response upon finishing this book was:

Every time.

Every.

Single.

Time.

Imma have to re-think my whole vision of myself as "non-masochistic".

Cordelia Kingsbridge: slyly making readers redefine their self-image, one book at a time.

In other words...

Again! I knew it would. WE ALL KNEW IT WOULD! She'll prolly cliff us again in One-Eyed Royals. But I still steady keep reading them the second I get them. Like a junkie.

Honestly though, as hard as it was to read about two characters t
~Mindy Lynn~
4.5 Stars!

This book was a complete struggle for me to get through. Now don't take that to mean I struggled because the book was awful. I obviously enjoyed it considering my rating. But the many emotions this book put me through was fucking exhausting. I put it down many times only to pick it right back up seconds later because no matter how frustrated or pissed off it made me, I still needed to know where it was going and how it would all end. My biggest struggle was with what was happening to m
Renée

This was definitely an emotional rollercoaster. The first half of the book just sucks you into complacency. Levi and Dom are in a good place. Their careers are going moderately well.

Prickly Levi still melts when Dominick calls him baby. Some declarations might even be exchanged......

And then.

Since this is one of my favorite series, I read the Blurb for Book 4 as soon as I saw it. So I knew to expect pain.

Remember that Sarah McLachlan song, Hold on?

Hold on. Hold on to yourself. 'Cuz this is g
Diana
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

This series is driving me batshit crazy. I am usually pretty good figuring out “who dunnit”, but I have no clue who the Seven of Spades is. Plus all the struggles Levi and Dominick are going through. UGH!!

I have one more book to read before the final book is released, and March 11 cannot get here fast enough.
Ele
*4.5 stars*

First of all let me say that Cordelia Kingsbridge is absolutely rocking my world with every new book she puts out there (and every new chapter on Patreon). She's been an auto buy ever since I read Close Protection and she hasn't disappointed me since.

Now about the book. Well, for me Cash Plays is like two books in one.

The first half: Levi and Dominic sitting in the tree...lalalala....There is sex, tender moments, the ”I love yous”(where I almost melted), some more sex, meeting the par
Nazanin
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Nazanin by: Hadis
Shelves: m-m, 2018
4.25 Stars

Well, well!! This series is getting better and better! There are mysteries and actions! But this time I enjoyed The drama between Levi & Dominic and the tension between them! Don’t get me wrong, the mystery/action side was really good but this time I enjoyed it more because they had their own battles to fight! (view spoiler) Oh, and there is a new guy in town, Rohan! He is an FBI agent and profiler! I d
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*I struggled a little bit with this one*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

We're back with third book of homicide detective of four years, Levi Abrams (how old?) and then bounty hunter and now private investigator and still part-time bartender (at Stingray, a LGBT nightclub), Dominic ‘Dom’ Russo (32). Levi and Dominic are getting even closer, however everything is pulling them apart; even themselves. The Seven of Spades are upping their games and are always three steps ahead of the police. They are also fixated on
Jewel
Just when you start to relax with a few things, Cordelia Kingsbridge decides to turn up the intensity. Going into Cash Plays, everything felt relaxed and happy. Levi and Dominic are in such a good space. Their relationship is progressing in a very good direction. They're tender and loving and dirty with each other. For the latter half, though, I was filled with a sense of dread until I broke.

Going into this book, I had a fair idea of how it ended, at least relationship-wise, because I read the b
LenaRibka

I was a bit skeptical when it became clear that a serial killer would be hunted through the whole series. It means, not through initially three installments, but through five installments. Maybe even more, who knows.

I might be mistaken but I am slightly concerned that in this series quantity will take priority over quality. Not that I don’t trust the author with new creative ideas, but Cash Plays revealed some serious problems with a mystery part (for me) that was difficult to ignore for me.

Mys
Elena

The series has reached a point where it’s becoming more and more difficult to write a spoiler-free review, so I’ll just stand by one of my updates midway through this book: this was like watching a train wreck happening in slow motion.

I suspected something like this was going to happen since (view spoiler), but seeing events unfold was ten times worse.
Everything was done very well and realistically, (view spoiler)
Fabi
I'm dying over this series. I can't even write reviews because I have to get to the next book. I think this was the best of them all. Maybe. Probably. OMG I love this series.
~Volha~
This book certainly caused a lot of feelings ranging from sappy happy to boiling angry. It was a very enjoyable read but in the end I had a big question: Where do Levi and Dominic go from here?

It started innocent enough: new job for Dominic, new investigation for Levi and somehow it turned into a nightmare. Arrival of Levi's parents was a pleasant surprise and during their visit Dominic charmed their pants off. It was fun and happy time in their household. But then $$hit hits the fan. New FBI a
Eugenia
Omigod, omigod, omigod!!!! This book! This story!! Arrrghhhhhhhhhh!!

I mean every single freaking book has left me on edge, panting, craving for more. The serial killer, The Seven of Spades is still out there and getting more personal. I still have NO CLUE as to whom it could be. Sure, there are a couple ideas floating around, but HELL! This is just so damned good!

Dominic is now a PI. Levi and Dominic take a vacation. Levi’s parents are due in town to visit. Levi and Dominic declare their love, b
Hollis
"Everyone who meets Dominic loves him. I've heard bounties he's arrested talk about what a nice guy he is."
"I have a Jewish mother. I am her only son. King David himself could walk the earth again and she wouldn't think he was good enough for me."

Hello bingemode my old friend.. sadly, though, with only three books (well, two!) out so far, this is as far as said binge goes. But what a ride it has been.

"He used to be just the cutest, scrawniest little thing you ever saw -- all elbows and knees wit
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Ok.

All day yesterday I was off. I felt anxious. Unsettled. Not really in a bad mood and not really angry just NOT ME. I couldn't figure it out. I haven't been sleeping great (thanks Mom) but I didn't really feel tired. I had a long weekend, life is great...

And then I realized it was this book. It was affecting me like Harry wearing the Horcrux and I couldn't shake it. I couldn't stop reading but felt dread when I thought about it.

Overall I don't know how I feel exactly about this installment of
Chris
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy smokes- what a series ! This was intense. Levi and Dominic professing their love, all things wonderfully start and then the shit hits the fan. Why people lie and evade the truth I’ll never know and when this started happening I felt sick for both guys. The writing was on the wall. The Seven of Spades killer has really amped up his style and poor Levi is in the thick of things. This book ended terribly so I hope the wait is not too long. Hopefully peace & love will prevail.
⚣Michaelle⚣
4.5 Stars

This woman is a genius.

I'm reviewing this as an ARC so I have to have more words than that, though.

So, in this installment we start off with Levi & Dominic pretty solid in their relationship, taking a vacation together. Levi definitely needs the break because of how involved he is in the SoS Killer case...but because the SoS is so focused on Levi they also took some time off all the killing. Which is totally weird and, when looked at along side all the other aspects of the case, wel
Sanaa Z.
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars.

F*cking hell.

You're an idiot, Dominic. But I love you so can you please get your shit together.

I neeeed the next book now, pretty please.
_______

Before reading:

OMGOMGOMG RIPTIDE APPROVED ME FOR AN ARC. THIS NEVER HAPPENS.

*happy dance*
Martin
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Martin by: Adam
Thank you Adam, for another amazing buddy read!

I really don’t know how to rate this.

It felt like an action movie most of the time and the romance fell completely flat. Levi is an uptight self-centered bitch whereas Dominic is a gentle giant type of perfect boyfriend who (dare I say it) finally shows his dark side in this book.

I loved Dominic’s struggles. You don’t see this type of issue ((view spoiler)) often in books and I find it portrayed really well. It m
Christelle
**4.5 stars**

Holly Molly…or should I say Holly Cordelia, hehehe.

Right from the start, I’ve been hooked by this Seven of Spades series. Not a standalone, by now, it’s more than obvious : so much going on for Levi, so much going on for Dominic, so much going on between Levi and Dominic, so much going on with this crazy motherf** called the Seven of Spades still viciously lurking in the shadows and wracking havoc with the Las Vegas police and more specifically with Levi.

Argh…Dominic, Dominic, fight
Susan
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it

I love Levi and Dominic, but I really hated how Dominic acted in this installment. He was hiding so much from Levi, and didn’t ask for help when he obviously needed it.

The writing in this series is absolutely superb, even though I didn’t like some parts, I was really engrossed and couldn’t stop reading.

I hated how this ended though, with Levi and Dominic (view spoiler).

(If you're thinking of starting this series, I would suggest reading some reviews of the 4
Wendy
Review to come after binge-reading...maybe
Melissa
A complimentary copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

This book was so intense!!! I could hardly stand to read about what Dominic was doing. I was always so afraid he would relapse but I didn't know what the circumstances would be. This wasn't by any means a good reason, however it can be understood because Dom was put into a situation because of a client he was NOT anticipating and gave in. He told himself it was to save his client, but we all knew that deep down once Dom gave in,
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
***I received this ARC courtesy of Netgallery and Riptide in exchange for an honest review***

Holy Cliffhanger This was some good shit.

This book was amazing! I just came of the high of book 2 and things are spicing up even more.

Dominic, My Dominic, see how low you spiral. I did enjoy his downward spiral into his addiction especially since it had been mentioned in the previous book I thought maybe the author was just going to gloss over it and never really bring it to play but to see Levi handle i
Christine
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dear lord I didn’t realize the next book isn’t out yet 😩😩😡😭. Another great book. My only complaint once again is my want for more Dom and Levi time. And I know that it’s completely possible that we do get enough moments with just them two and that I’m just being greedy. I just don’t think we get enough moments with deep emotion. I love these characters so much that I would prefer less plot and more love 😍. I guess I need to just accept this series for what it is and stop holding out hope that if ...more
Caipi
Um, okay, the writing surely is great but.....

(view spoiler)
After reading some spoiler in reviews of book 4 I'm not sure if it's worth for me
CrabbyPatty
Wow, we are three books into the Seven of Spades series, and it just keeps on getting better and better. Levi and Dominic are returning from their first vacation together and their relationship is going well, even though they kick the ever-living-crap out of each other occasionally at the gym to burn off steam when Levi's anger gets the best of him. "He [Levi] tended not to handle emotional stress well - or at all - and his two main coping mechanisms were sex and violence." Dominic meets the par ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Object of Desire
  • Six Degrees of Separation (By Degrees, #2)
  • Suspicious Behavior (Bad Behavior, #2)
  • Safeword (Power Exchange, #2)
  • Where Death Meets the Devil (Death and the Devil, #1)
  • The Wolf at Bay (Big Bad Wolf, #2)
  • Darkness (Common Law, #3)
  • Spin Out (Deputy Joe, #2)
  • Slasherazzi
  • Guilt by Association (Hazard and Somerset, #4)
  • Where There’s Smoke (Criminal Intentions: Season One #6)
  • Hexslayer (Hexworld, #3)
  • Hard Line (The Woodbury Boys, #2)
  • The Merchant of Death (Playing the Fool, #2)
  • Hush
  • The Boy with the Painful Tattoo (Holmes & Moriarity, #3)
As of June 13 2016: After much deliberation and soul-searching, I’ve decided to remove all of my original novels from the internet. There are multiple reasons for this decision, but one of the bigger ones is that if I ever do decide to publish revised versions of these books, I’d like to get them down now before I have a potential influx of new readers.
Boston verse remains on AO3.

Seven of Spades (5 books)
  • Kill Game (Seven of Spades, #1)
  • Trick Roller (Seven of Spades, #2)
  • One-Eyed Royals (Seven of Spades, #4)
  • A Chip and a Chair (Seven of Spades, #5)