Start by marking “Cash Plays (Seven of Spades, #3)” as Want to Read:
Cash Plays (Seven of Spades, #3)

Cash Plays

(Seven of Spades #3)

4.45  ·  Rating details ·  603 Ratings  ·  156 Reviews
The Seven of Spades is back with a vengeance—the vigilante serial killer has resumed their murderous crusade, eluding the police at every turn. But a bloodthirsty killer isn’t the only threat facing Sin City. A devious saboteur is wreaking havoc in Las Vegas’s criminal underworld, and the entire city seems to be barreling toward an all-out gang war.

As Detective Levi Abrams
Published June 4th 2018 by Riptide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Cash Plays, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cash Plays

Judith
4 Stars.

Three books in and this is turning into a highly addictive series.This one pulled me in from the start and didn't let go...

Dominic and Levi are in a good place emotionally when the book opens.There are sweet moments and some seriously hot one's as well.After reading the blurb for book four (big mistake!), I kind of knew what to expect but that didn't make it any less dramatic and the further I got into the book,the more I read with growing trepidation.Having an idea of how things would p
DarienMoya
4.25

~PLAYED AND LEFT BROKEN AS HELL~

Pardon my language for this review because I have feelings. TOO MANY RAGEY FEELING 🤬

This book…

This fucking book…

This motherfucking book…

I don’t even have the words right now. I feel like love is dead, everything is a lie and I wanna cry over a bag of hot Cheetos and a plate filled with delicious fried foods.

Cash Plays, the third book in the Seven of Spades ♠ series and what a whopping play of crazy, disappointment, and hot man love this is. If you have no
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion
4.5 Hearts

My immediate response upon finishing this book was:

Every time.

Every.

Single.

Time.

Imma have to re-think my whole vision of myself as "non-masochistic".

Cordelia Kingsbridge: slyly making readers redefine their self-image, one book at a time.

In other words...

Again! I knew it would. WE ALL KNEW IT WOULD! She'll prolly cliff us again in One-Eyed Royals. But I still steady keep reading them the second I get them. Like a junkie.

Honestly though, as hard as it was to read about two characters t
Renée

This was definitely an emotional rollercoaster. The first half of the book just sucks you into complacency. Levi and Dom are in a good place. Their careers are going moderately well.

Prickly Levi still melts when Dominick calls him baby. Some declarations might even be exchanged......

And then.

Since this is one of my favorite series, I read the Blurb for Book 4 as soon as I saw it. So I knew to expect pain.

Remember that Sarah McLachlan song, Hold on?

Hold on. Hold on to yourself. 'Cuz this is g
Simone
ALL BETS ARE OFF
Lassen Sie sich jetzt die Tarot Karten legen: http://www.astrozeit24.de/tarotkarten/

With this last message - last warning  - at the end of the previous book, the Seven of Spades upped the ante in their sick game of cat and mouse and unleashed an unprecedented killing spree in order to put the fear of god into Las Vegas's underworld and everyone who is trying to stop them. Playing mind games, mocking and challenging the police with every strike.

Levi's frustration about not being any further at closing this case than he was at the very beginning, threatens to
Ele
*4.5 stars*

First of all let me say that Cordelia Kingsbridge is absolutely rocking my world with every new book she puts out there (and every new chapter on Patreon). She's been an auto buy ever since I read Close Protection and she hasn't disappointed me since.

Now about the book. Well, for me Cash Plays is like two books in one.

The first half: Levi and Dominic sitting in the tree...lalalala....There is sex, tender moments, the ”I love yous”(where I almost melted), some more sex, meeting the par
~Mindy Lynn~
4.5 Stars!

This book was a complete struggle for me to get through. Now don't take that to mean I struggled because the book was awful. I obviously enjoyed it considering my rating. But the many emotions this book put me through was fucking exhausting. I put it down many times only to pick it right back up seconds later because no matter how frustrated or pissed off it made me, I still needed to know where it was going and how it would all end. My biggest struggle was with what was happening to m
Jewel
Just when you start to relax with a few things, Cordelia Kingsbridge decides to turn up the intensity. Going into Cash Plays, everything felt relaxed and happy. Levi and Dominic are in such a good space. Their relationship is progressing in a very good direction. They're tender and loving and dirty with each other. For the latter half, though, I was filled with a sense of dread until I broke.

Going into this book, I had a fair idea of how it ended, at least relationship-wise, because I read the b
Lena♥Ribka

I was a bit skeptical when it became clear that a serial killer would be hunted through the whole series. It means, not through initially three installments, but through five installments. Maybe even more, who knows.

I might be mistaken but I am slightly concerned that in this series quantity will take priority over quality. Not that I don’t trust the author with new creative ideas, but Cash Plays revealed some serious problems with a mystery part (for me) that was difficult to ignore for me.

Mys
⚣❣☙ Michaelle ❧❣⚣
4.5 Stars

This woman is a genius.

I'm reviewing this as an ARC so I have to have more words than that, though.

So, in this installment we start off with Levi & Dominic pretty solid in their relationship, taking a vacation together. Levi definitely needs the break because of how involved he is in the SoS Killer case...but because the SoS is so focused on Levi they also took some time off all the killing. Which is totally weird and, when looked at along side all the other aspects of the case, wel
Eugenia
Omigod, omigod, omigod!!!! This book! This story!! Arrrghhhhhhhhhh!!

I mean every single freaking book has left me on edge, panting, craving for more. The serial killer, The Seven of Spades is still out there and getting more personal. I still have NO CLUE as to whom it could be. Sure, there are a couple ideas floating around, but HELL! This is just so damned good!

Dominic is now a PI. Levi and Dominic take a vacation. Levi’s parents are due in town to visit. Levi and Dominic declare their love, b
Al *the serial series skipper*
***I received this ARC courtesy of Netgallery and Riptide in exchange for an honest review***

Holy Cliffhanger This was some good shit.

This book was amazing! I just came of the high of book 2 and things are spicing up even more.

Dominic, My Dominic, see how low you spiral. I did enjoy his downward spiral into his addiction especially since it had been mentioned in the previous book I thought maybe the author was just going to gloss over it and never really bring it to play but to see Levi handle i
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
4 stars.

F*cking hell.

You're an idiot, Dominic. But I love you so can you please get your shit together.

I neeeed the next book now, pretty please.
_______

Before reading:

OMGOMGOMG RIPTIDE APPROVED ME FOR AN ARC. THIS NEVER HAPPENS.

*happy dance*
Chris
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy smokes- what a series ! This was intense. Levi and Dominic professing their love, all things wonderfully start and then the shit hits the fan. Why people lie and evade the truth I’ll never know and when this started happening I felt sick for both guys. The writing was on the wall. The Seven of Spades killer has really amped up his style and poor Levi is in the thick of things. This book ended terribly so I hope the wait is not too long. Hopefully peace & love will prevail.
Hollis
"Everyone who meets Dominic loves him. I've heard bounties he's arrested talk about what a nice guy he is."
"I have a Jewish mother. I am her only son. King David himself could walk the earth again and she wouldn't think he was good enough for me."

Hello bingemode my old friend.. sadly, though, with only three books (well, two!) out so far, this is as far as said binge goes. But what a ride it has been.

"He used to be just the cutest, scrawniest little thing you ever saw -- all elbows and knees wit
Melissa
A complimentary copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

This book was so intense!!! I could hardly stand to read about what Dominic was doing. I was always so afraid he would relapse but I didn't know what the circumstances would be. This wasn't by any means a good reason, however it can be understood because Dom was put into a situation because of a client he was NOT anticipating and gave in. He told himself it was to save his client, but we all knew that deep down once Dom gave in,
Christine
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
Dear lord I didn’t realize the next book isn’t out yet 😩😩😡😭. Another great book. My only complaint once again is my want for more Dom and Levi time. And I know that it’s completely possible that we do get enough moments with just them two and that I’m just being greedy. I just don’t think we get enough moments with deep emotion. I love these characters so much that I would prefer less plot and more love 😍. I guess I need to just accept this series for what it is and stop holding out hope that if ...more
CrabbyPatty
Wow, we are three books into the Seven of Spades series, and it just keeps on getting better and better. Levi and Dominic are returning from their first vacation together and their relationship is going well, even though they kick the ever-living-crap out of each other occasionally at the gym to burn off steam when Levi's anger gets the best of him. "He [Levi] tended not to handle emotional stress well - or at all - and his two main coping mechanisms were sex and violence." Dominic meets the par ...more
Natalie
This latest installment in the Seven of Spades series has left me emotionally drained, for all the right reasons! Levi, Dominic and the search for the elusive killer have captivated me from the start and watching my poor book boyfriends take so many hits both emotional and physical, left me utterly verklempt for a while. Levi and Dominic are working on separate cases that end up colliding once again but with some devastating consequences. The Seven Of Spades is still “helping” Levi and Dominic, ...more
Alisa
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it

This has become one of my favorite series. This book was the best (so far). It starts with the guys in a good place and the feelz......oh the feelz. So romantic in places.

Unfortunately for Levi and Dom the Seven of Spades is done with their vacation and they're back with a vengeance. SoS has become even more violent and brutal in their kills and that combined with a newly assigned FBI agent, throws everything into turmoil.

There's not much I can say about the plot without spoilers so jus
Joana
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fuck me.

I don’t even know what to say, this book was just wow. The further this series advances the more hooked and in love I get.

Cordelia Kingsbridge has a way with making everything she writes feel so real and relatable. Seriously, there are so many relatable aspects and traits in these characters I that just makes me way to point out and say “This! This!” and analyze it all to the tiniest detail, it’s amazing. The development of the story, the tension and struggles, the characters,... everyt
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description

“Everybody has a dark side…it’s okay to take that side out for a drive every now and then. Healthy adults have this crazy thing called impulse control that tells them when and where to do that. It’s what separates us from psychotic serial killers. And teenagers.”

*Thump….thump…..thump* we’re sure you can hear the sound of our hearts beating wildly after finishing Cash Plays! What an exhilarating, addictive and compelling read! The Seven of Spades is readily becoming one of our favourite series
Volha
This book certainly caused a lot of feelings ranging from sappy happy to boiling angry. It was a very enjoyable read but in the end I had a big question: Where do Levi and Dominic go from here?

It started innocent enough: new job for Dominic, new investigation for Levi and somehow it turned into a nightmare. Arrival of Levi's parents was a pleasant surprise and during their visit Dominic charmed their pant off. It was fun and happy time in their household. But then $$hit hits the fan. New FBI ag
Ami
Monica Vidal
description

Is there any other way to finish a book of this series if not like the gif above?If it does, I am not familiar with.

So, we are back. And oh boy, so many feelings. I just recently discovered Cordelia Kingsbridge, but my life has been so much better ever since. Honestly, And this series, oh my god. Levi and Dominic are easily becoming one of my favorite couples evah.

description

I'm not very sure how to review this without giving away too much information. And believe me, you want to dive into this without a
Alex
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite
Well. I knew how it would end (damn curiosity...)
But still. It broke my heart... Not for long I hope...

description

So. Dominic and Levi... *heart-eye* I just love them both.
The beginning of the book reunite us with them and everything is good. They're good. Coming back from a vacation well deserve. In love. Perfect!

The Seven of Spades is still here though.
Still slightly obsess with Levi. Still on their killing spree...
Levi become more and more frustrated because of it. It seems to him like he won't ever so
Lisazj1
4.5 stars. Holy crap, I am about pulling my hair out trying to figure out the SoS!! Only one person makes sense, and they also don't make sense.

Yes, this book did break my heart, but mostly it made me mad. With it being set in Vegas, I guess what happened was inevitable but that didn't take away from how bitter it felt to see it unfold. (view spoiler)
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018

JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bgirls, mm, ebook

4.5 star review by The Blogger Girls.

This series continues to be an interesting, on the edge of your seat, can’t wait for the next one with every installment. The Seven of Spades is escalating and evolving with each killing, and Levi is getting more frustrated by the day. Dominic is beginning his new job as an official private investigator and things are otherwise going well for them. If you haven’t read the previous books, stop right now and go back. You won’t want to miss how this all started.
Tamara (緑)
4.5

I love this series and I love where it's going. I really feel for both Levi and Dominic (even though Dom is a manipulative bastard) and I loved the way they are both made realistically imperfect. Looking forward to the next one - only a few weeks more!
As of June 13 2016: After much deliberation and soul-searching, I’ve decided to remove all of my original novels from the internet. There are multiple reasons for this decision, but one of the bigger ones is that if I ever do decide to publish revised versions of these books, I’d like to get them down now before I have a potential influx of new readers.
Boston verse remains on AO3.

Seven of Spades (5 books)
  • Kill Game (Seven of Spades, #1)
  • Trick Roller (Seven of Spades, #2)
  • One-Eyed Royals (Seven of Spades, #4)
  • A Chip and a Chair (Seven of Spades, #5)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• The Shadow District
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Play Dead (Elise Sandburg Series Book 1)
  • The Weight of Lies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Thief Taker (The Thief Taker, #1)
  • The Things We Wish Were True
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Adversary (A Chris Bruen Novel Book 1)
  • Daisy in Chains
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Jury Master (David Sloane, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Look Behind You (Kendra Michaels, #5)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Last Town (Wayward Pines, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Wayward (Wayward Pines, #2)
  • Pretty Little Things
  • Social Death
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder at the Flamingo (A Van Buren and DeLuca Mystery #1)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Wings Of Fire (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #2)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Pretty Dead
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Mother Knows Best (A Margie Peterson Mystery)
  • Damage Control
  • The North Water
    $9.99 $3.99
  • Agatha Raisin and the Murderous Marriage (Agatha Raisin, #5)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Watchers Of Time (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #5)
  • Bone River
    $3.99 $0.99
  • As The Crow Flies (DI Nick Dixon #1)
  • Jaws
    $10.99 $2.99
  • The Widow File (Dani Britton, #1)
  • Blacklands
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Prisoner of Heaven (Cemetery of Forgotten Books, #3)
  • The Romanov Cross
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Krakow
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Killing Ruby Rose (Ruby Rose #1)
  • A Purple Place for Dying: A Travis McGee Novel
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Dead Water (Shetland Island, #5)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Pines (Wayward Pines, #1)
  • The Newsmakers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Intrusion (A Chris Bruen Novel)
  • Brighton
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Lowcountry Bonfire (Liz Talbot Mystery #6)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Widow's Watcher
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Livia Lone (Livia Lone, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Among the Mad (Maisie Dobbs, #6)
    $9.99 $3.99
  • A Blood Thing
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Baltimore Blues  (Tess Monaghan, #1)
  • Vanishing Girls
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Aftermath (Inspector Banks, #12)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Girl in the Moss (Angie Pallorino, #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Grace
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Carved in Bone (Body Farm, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Christmas Caramel Murder (Hannah Swenson, #20)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Map of Bones (Sigma Force, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Only the Innocent (DCI Tom Douglas #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Dead Aim (Eve Duncan, #4.5)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Blazing Summer (Darling Investigations, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Of Power (Paul Madriani, #9)
    $7.74 $1.99
  • The God's Eye View
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Hunt for Atlantis (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #1)
  • Abandon