Start by marking “Tin Heart” as Want to Read:
Tin Heart

Tin Heart

When Marlowe gets a heart transplant and a second chance at life, all she wants to do is to thank her donor’s family. Maybe then she can move on. Maybe then she’ll discover who she is if she’s no longer The Dying Girl.

But with a little brother who dresses like every day is Halloween, a vegan warrior for a mother, and an all-out war with the hot butcher’s apprentice next do
Expected publication: March 12th 2019 by Penguin Random House (first published February 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Tin Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tin Heart

Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
Seventeen year old Marlowe Jensen was diagnosed with a congenital heart condition, the resilient young woman the recipient of an organ transplant bestowed by a sixteen year old young man. Since the transplant, Marlowe is experiencing a dissociation of identity. Recipients are forbidden to contact donor families but Marlowe is resolved to uncover her anonymous donor, compelled by gratitude and appreciation for the perpetual sixteen year old boy.

Marlowe is an extraordinary young woman. Although th
Karina
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-books
I have no idea what I did in a previous life to deserve Shivaun Plozza, but I am grateful to past me.

This story, guys. I think it's only fair that a book about hearts made mine all painful and joyously squishy. Some books you just want to fold up and crush inside your chest so it will live there forever and this is one of them for me.

Make sure you bring a lot of tissues because you will laugh too hard at Marlowe's obscenely over-the-top family and then you will cry over how unfair life is someti
Michael Earp
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
A book with a lot of heart... see what I did there? And I desperately want Pip as my younger brother. He's the boss!
Kath (Read Forevermore)
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-arcs, reviews
after a bit of heavy reading (including lots of textbooks, fantasies, and mysteries/thrillers), i finally decided to take a little bit of a break with this book - and it didn't disappoint.

heartbreaking and heartwarming, beautiful, and absolutely captivating are the words i thought of after finishing this book. i love marlowe so much and it felt so refreshing to read a YA novel that didn't have that "trope" (you should now what i'm talking about lol). i really enjoyed seeing her experiences and h
Sharni
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was surprisingly funny.
I went to the launch of this book (some weeks ago now) and chucked it onto my tbr mountain when I got home - and it caught my eye this morning and said, read me. An excellent decision for a lazy Saturday.
Bec
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this book. <3
Tara
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really did love this story, I enjoyed watching Marlowe battle with The Butcher Boy and the slightly heart wrenching struggle of learning to love her new heart. Pip was an awesome little brother who has such a kind soul and Marlowe’s friend Zan was as cool and trendy as she needed to be. Overall an intense story about grief and organ donors from the survivors point of view (I have never really thought what it would be like having another persons organ working in your body) as well as having a f ...more
Ellie
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was so wonderful—no other word for it. The characters were phenomenal (as if Pip isn’t the best book character ever?!) and none of them did things that were out of place with their personalities. I loved that the ending didn’t answer or solve everything. It was realistic in the most amazing way and was a reminder that we can’t fix our mistakes with one gesture. There are consequences. But it’s possible to work on fixing them. I loved this book and I can’t wait to read more of Shivaun’s ...more
Rebecca
Actual Rating: 4.5
Kate
4.5 // this was so lovely. I just couldn’t give it five stars but it was soooo good. More TK.
Jenna
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. Full review to come.
Amanda Jarrad
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
Jaclyn Crupi
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Do you know what Shivaun Plozza has a truly ridiculous amount of? Raw writing talent. She’s going to have a long writing career and I’m going to read every book she publishes. She wrote a stunning debut with Frankie and has followed it up with Tin Heart which made me laugh and cry and broke me and put me back together. It’s funny and romantic and so moving – and Pip is the greatest little brother ever written! I have so much #loveozya right now.
Rennai
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
When Shivaun gave me an outline of the plot of Tin Heart I was pretty sure it would be a winner with the YA audience. I really liked Frankie but didn't feel it was suitable for our junior high school students. I'm stoked that there is nothing in Tin Heart that gives me reservations in recommending it to any secondary school student. What's more, it is a fairly quick read and would not put even a reluctant reader off... BUT what's most important is that it is a REALLY good read with wide appeal. ...more
Libby Armstrong
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant. Plozza’s second novel seals her status as a young author who has the goods. Tin Heart reminded me of all the feels I had reading Frankie, and you will need the biggest box of tissues as she starts to bring the story to conclusion. This book has a beautiful heart - it explores with genuine depth “survivor guilt”, and the cost of being self-centred. Plenty of lighter hearted moments, laughs, friendship and romance too.
Gabby
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thanks to Penguin Aus for sending me a copy of TIN HEART for review!

I enjoyed this so much more than I thought I would! I read FRANKIE last year, and although I liked it, I just didn't connect to the story or the main character as much as I would've hoped. But TIN HEART completely exceeded my expectations.

Full review will be up on my blog closer to its release; alwaysandforeverreading.wordpress.com
texbsquared
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this way more than I expected to. There were a few love stories, but the real love story was Marlowe and Carmen's. Marlow perfectly perfectly captured the almost painful longing for a friend - right down to the overthinking, the jumping to their side at any time and the panic spiral when you've fucked it up. Gorgeous story. (Her mum really sucked tbh. Sucked).
Lulai
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Une jolie histoire sur le don d'organes qui a su me toucher.
Steph Cuthbert
Tin Heart made me cry uncontrollably, and also laugh out loud, from my actual face. Shivaun’s writing is vivid and full of ALL THE FEELINGS. Loved it.
Rachel
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Super cute Australian contemporary young adult about broken hearts, the power of forgiveness and the ability to be true to yourself. Love you Butcher Boy.
Booklovin✮
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Funny, romantic and deeply moving.
Els (Tragic Romantic)
I thought I’d set this book to currently reading when I started reading it... this morning, but I didn’t so surprise I read this book in the space of two minutes. That’s believable right?
Chent Higson
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Too tired for review but mmm yes very good very cute very emotional 👌👌
Also bonus points for saying Alan Rickman’s name
Margaret
DNF at 30%. I really wanted to like this as I enjoyed Frankie. However, this felt really forced and the author tried too hard to make me sympathise with the protagonist, who just came across as annoying and boring. I won’t rate it though as it could get better, but life is too short for me to persist with this one.
Chloe Hughes
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heart-warming, beautiful, funny, a sad story about the gift of what the power of organ donation can give someone.
Krystal
Oct 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways, ya-lit
Special thank you to Flatiron Books for gifting me with this ARC in exchange for my honest review. I was sent this novel as a result of winning a Goodreads giveaway.

“Why is happiness such a hard emotion to hold onto? It’s like trying to hold water in your hand. But sadness, that stuff sticks to your skin like glue.”

“People say eyes are the windows into the soul but that’s crap. Books are.”

A little bit prudish, and a hair socially awkward, Marlowe Jensen is on a quest to find answers to a questio
Emily (Richmond Reader)
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arcs
I have notes for a review, will post it I swear!
L-J Lacey
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Starting "Tin Heart" I was excited and nervous in equal measures. I adored Shivaun Plozza's book Frankie and I wanted so much for this novel to reach those heights too.

Shivaun's strong writing shines out of every page whilst we watch the protagonist Marlowe grow and blossom. As always her characters are all very strongly drawn and I was very drawn to Leo. And of course there was Shivaun's perfect song/band references throughout!

On a personal level I found it harder to connect to Marlowe than Fra
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Goodreads Librari...: multiple entries for book 2 15 Jul 25, 2018 12:51AM
Shivaun Plozza is the author of Frankie (Penguin, 2016), a darkly funny novel about searching for the truth, finding yourself and falling in love. She has published short fiction, flash fiction, poetry and essays, and works as an editor.
“Vegans don't need to eat. We survive on the satisfaction of being morally superior.” 3 likes
“I finally get the point of all this. You let go and the music holds you up and you don't even have to think. You just feel.” 1 likes