Start by marking “His Heart” as Want to Read:
His Heart

His Heart

New from Claire Kingsley. Coming November 6th.

Brooke Summerlin’s life is like a Cinderella story. Raised by an abusive, drug addicted mother, she desperately hides the truth about where she comes from. But Prince Charming arrives in the form of Liam, the most popular guy at school. He sweeps into her life and carries her away to what is supposed to be a happily ever after
Published November 8th 2017

To ask other readers questions about His Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Heart

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
His Heart is by Claire Kingsley. In full disclosure, I don’t usually do well with books with a lot of sad content. I get too emotionally involved. So, I was hesitant to read this one. But I have loved this author in the past so I decided to take a chance. And I am so glad that I did. Claire somehow kept the story moving and didn’t dwell too long on the events so I didn’t have time to sink into despair. And I had fallen so deeply in love with the characters that I didn’t have a choice but to hang ...more
Dilek VT
The lives of THREE PEOPLE are intertwined in a heart-wrenching way.

A girl who is bullied at school by mean girls and abused at home by her drug addict mother: Brooke

An awesome guy who saves her from her own evil mother and gives her a new family with a promise for a happily ever after: Liam - but then, a tragic accident happens and this HEA never happens as Liam dies.

Another great guy in a different part of the country, who has been slowly dying with heart failure, is revived with Liam’s heart:
Dri ✰
Jul 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
★ 2.5 stars!! ★

Infelizmente esse livro não me tirou o fôlego ou emocionou como eu esperava...

Sim, é uma história comovente e algumas partes foram difíceis e dolorosas, no entanto, eu não fui capaz de “sentir” muita coisa...

Justamente por ser um livro bem emocional, eu senti falta de sentimento e emoção no desenrolar do enredo e entre os personagens e com isso achei que algumas cenas ficaram forçadas.

Além disso, não consegui superar meu aborrecimento em relação a Brooke e sua constante autodest
Bibi
Dec 22, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
*Spoiler Alert*

I think Kingsley went overboard with Brooke's inability to cope with Liam's death and the further I read, the more it became difficult to understand her self-destructive antics.
We've all at some point suffered indescribable grief that literally brings you to your knees; yet, we take baby steps back toward the land of the living, and by some small mercies, life begins to have meaning again.

So, for Brooke to basically throw her life out the window because of a boy makes no sense. I
Alex ♈
“This heart is yours.” He leaned down so our foreheads touched. “It always was, and I’m grateful every day that it led me to you.”
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Hulya by: Dilek VT
I loved it so much. <3
I also want to thank my sweet friend "Dilek" for recommending this book to me. :)

Ps. You can read her beautiful review from this link. ;)

Two wrongs do not a right make
but two sorrows
come together
to create something more
something beautiful
because love is the ultimate healer
the righter of wrongs
mender of woes
fulfiller of dreams
love makes all things possible
it is breath, heat, and life
creation and truth
the answer to the ultimate ques
NMmomof4
2.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: I hate when I'm in a minority, and it seems like I am there yet again. I didn't love it. I didn't even shed a tear. I went into this expecting (and wanting) a total angst fest, but sadly I never connected enough with the characters or their connections to each other to feel anything really. I felt like we were told about their big loves, but didn't actually get to experience them. With all of it, I felt like the pacing and time jumps contributed a lot to that feeling of
Carla Bulian
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just WOW. This book take my breath away!!!! I loved this one!!!!!!!
Carol
5 💔 stars.
The author wrote about this book and I understand why :

"This book is unlike anything else I’ve ever written so far. And it’s probably my favorite thing I’ve ever written." 💔

I really appreciated seeing that after reading this poignant and emotional story. Not only was it a beautiful love story but it had "guts" as well as "heart".
It was a very real story with it's share of heartbreak and loss but there was also hope and joy contained in these pages.
It demonstrated the power of the hum
Katerina
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Brooke (16) is a social outcast. Her mother, a drunk, a druggie and continues to have a series of interchangeable boyfriends. Having moved houses once again, Brooke no longer attempts to make friends. Until Liam - a popular jock - asks her out, and pursues a relationship with her.

So Liam and Brooke. Secure. Stable. A child like love. The kind of couple that lasts twenty five years because they're content together. They have a deep respect for one another. There's this sweetness there. They go o
Amber
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a beautiful story about loss and healing and the journey of finding love again.

His Heart brings Brooke and Sebastian together 4 years after a tragedy. That tragedy gave one of them another chance at life and left the other drowning in despair.

Depression isn’t the main focus of this story, but it’s really what I focused on the most. If you’ve ever lived with a loved one with depression, you know it’s not only sad to deal with, but also extremely frustrating. You want them to snap out if
Halime   Yazıcı Mimaroğlu
**********Broken stars**********

Brooke, a girl whose world was shattered..... her little heart was fulled with pain and fear instead of love when she was so young......

And Sebastian strong boy whose heart gave up him so early....
Liam who has a heart of gold was in a mess trying to save his sweatheart wih his all power till the death darkened his door...
description

This is so beautiful and heartbroken, emotional love story. When you start to read this book you will witness how life treat her. She was so lit
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
2 stars for the Hero. He was pretty perfect and he put up with a lot from the heroine. I understood the heroine in the beginning but the longer her self destructing behavior continued the less I liked her.
Bev
This book is heartbreaking in places, very sweet in others and unfortunately frustrating as well. Brooke pretty much wore me out with her self destructive behaviour which went on way too long. Sebastian was a damn saint to keep on going back for more.

Sebastian is everything I want to read in a hero, but I just wish he's given Brook a boot up the backside to wake her the hell up a lot sooner. Her idiocy took away a star because .... stupid.

1-Click Addict Support Group
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
What love story is perfect in all the ways that there is no conflict, no pain, no loss, no tears? NONE!!
Well Brooke and Sebastian's story was no different.

Brooke's POV had me wanting to wrap her up and protect her from the injustices that she faced even when she was of age to decide what was best for her. But the loss that she experienced was something that I myself do not know how I would have faced it had I experienced it.

Sebastian's story was a little different. He faced challenges that no
Saunders
DNF@78%

I should have know better to even start this book as it contains features I dislike in a story:

YA's
Death
A FC who fails to recognise what she has. The inevitability of her repeated behaviour and a pattern that she kept repeating. Too many excuses made for her actions. By 78% I read enough
Annie Brewer
Amazing and poignant story. A new-to-me author. A heartbreaking but uplifting journey that kept me captivated. I felt so many emotions it was hard to decipher which way was up or down. These characters burrowed themselves deep beneath my skin, it was hard to let them go. I'm wiping tears of bittersweet happiness from my cheeks as such an emotional ride has come to an end. I loved it! All of it.
Very beautiful.
And Sebastian was one amazing and sexy hero.
Anna
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kleenex should give goodreads members some good discount!
It was such an a-ma-zing read! Worth my tears and sleep deprivation! Thsnk you, author!
Zairobe25
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-english
Me gustó, para el final decae un poquito, buenos personajes, sin instalove, sin instalust, con buen ritmo.
Alina
Thanks Dilek for the recommendation!
I liked this book but to be honest for some reason I couldn't fall in love with the heroine as much as I did with the Hero.
The H was the best, his perseverance, his love for the h. It was amazing!!!
I just wished we could have seen the growth in the h. She kept on falling back on alcohol, it was a circle. I would have loved to seen her go to therapy and fight against her demons. I felt like the H invested more in the relationship than the h.
The epilogue was cut
Maria Di Pasqua
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Initially it is Brooke, Liam and Sebastian. Brooke has great issues at home because she has an addict as a mother. She is used to being on her own because her useless mother obliges her to move from town to town without settling down. So she is a quiet girl and walks on her tiptoes trying not to catch anyone’s attention. But one day when she is bullied by the “mean girls” of the school there comes Liam, her next door neighbor and the only one that will teach her the first step towards a normal l ...more
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

There are only two words I have as my thoughts on His Heart by Claire Kingsley. And those two words are “IT HURTS” …

When you read the Blurb you kind of know where the story will go at least for some part. So when you finally have the book in your hands and start the journey I was torn between wanting to read the book and dreading to read the book.

It has been a long time since I felt like this. The author really uses the whole arsenal she lets you meet the characters – and she lets you develop
Dana
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow!

His Heart: emotional, roller coaster, sacrifice. Those are words I would use to describe this book. When I started reading, I was prepared for the emotions and they were there!!

The love that Liam and Brooke had was a once in a lifetime love......until Sebastian entered Brooke’s life when she needed him the most.

Be prepared to binge read because you will not want to stop.
Libby Harrison
I was sooo dissappointed in Brooke...she could never redeem herself in my eyes
Nilufer Yenidogan Ozmekik
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-ones
Heart wrenching, cry/ tear jerking, emotional book! It shook me hard and pull out my ugly cries I kept inside! Such a tremendous, perfectly written book, touch your soul! I loved it so much! It comes for all the people who suffer from great losses of their lives and try to find their ways to feel alive ! A splendid second chance book! A wonderful hero and broken, struggling but strong heroine!
Tracy *To the point Reviews*
Ok

call me a coward but I did not finish this. I knew where it was going and I just could not go there. It's just one those things.

I know this was going to be a beautiful love story. Everything from the writing, to the character development was brilliant. But my own heart could not go where this was going for personal reasons.
Canan
Jan 26, 2018 rated it liked it
3,5★
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Wow!

Be prepared to binge read because you will not want to stop.

Reviewed by: Dana D.
JewelsyGoolsy
3.5 stars.
  • What Lies Between (Where One Goes, #2)
  • Pieces of Camden
  • Safe Distance (Wounded Love #1)
  • Eight Days (Love Always, #1.5)
  • Forgotten Promises (Promises, #2)
  • Chaos (Unhinged, #3)
  • Path of Destruction (Broken Heartland, #2)
  • Time's Forbidden Flower (Forbidden Flower, #2)
  • Down to You (Sixth Street Bands, #5)
  • Don't Be Afraid
  • ReCAP (Something More, #1.5)
  • Home is Where You Are (A Home Novel, #1)
  • All I Need: An Abbott Springs Romance
  • Sparrow
  • Bridge (Shade, #2.5)
  • Unspeakable Truths (Unspeakable Truths, #1)
  • Josh & Anna and Gabe & Claire
Claire Kingsley writes smart, sexy romances. Her books feature sassy and often quirky heroines, swoony heroes who love their women hard, panty-melting sexytimes, romantic happily ever afters, and ALL the big feels.

She can’t imagine life without coffee, her Kindle, and the sexy heroes who inhabit her imagination. She’s living out her own happily ever after in the Pacific Northwest with her husband