Start by marking “Falling Through Darkness (Kaleidoscope, #1)” as Want to Read:
Falling Through Darkness (Kaleidoscope, #1)

Falling Through Darkness (Kaleidoscope, #1)

One bad decision changed my life irrevocably.
One night shattered it completely.

Moving to another country was supposed to be a fresh start, an escape from my past. A way to heal and move on with my life.
I was looking for happiness. What I wasn’t supposed to find was him. Dark, handsome, and irresistible.

Not strong enough to resist, he broke through the walls around my heart. E
Published May 4th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Falling Through Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling Through Darkness

Kira Berger
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
***SNEAK PEAK***
COMING MAY 4TH!

PROLOGUE

Damp.
Dark.
Dead.

Words keep flitting through my mind on an endless loop, trying to pull me into the darkness hovering on the fringes of my mind. It would be easy, so easy to let go. To give in, give up…

Stop the endless fighting.

What’s the point anyway?

This time I won’t get out alive. Last time was messy. This time is meticulously planned. The intention clear, I was not t
Marieke ~ Marieke's Books
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, romance, alpha, double-pov

When it comes to reading, I’m always looking for new authors, for new stories so that I can take a little break from my hectic life. And debut authors? I love them. I find them brave for writing down their story (which undoubtedly has taken years to do so) and sharing their characters with us. Falling Through Darkness is such a debut book, and I love it.
“Is it this connection between us? This weird magnetism that allows him to be tuned into me this accurately? I don’t know. And I’m too scared/>
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
I love reading new authors. And Kira Berger has written a great debut book. The characters are flawed, strong, and the storyline is great.

Alex has started a new life. But the thing with new lives is that the old one is always going to come back and bite you in the butt. So even though she has decided to keep her heart and love locked away forever. Sometimes life finds a way to make things happen.
Life in this story is Duncan. Duncan finds that he wants Alex and no matter how many blocks she put
Dana
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a way to open! This book grabbed me from the prologue! How you may ask is that possible from the beginning.....the prologue was heart pounding and I knew I needed to know WTH was going to happen.

The banter between Alex and Duncan as on point; Duncan’s Alpha-ness was pretty 🔥🔥!!!

For a debut, it was perfect! I can’t wait to read more from Ms. Berger.
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog

For a debut, it was perfect! I can’t wait to read more from Ms. Berger.

Reviewed by: Dana D.
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
“All I could do was nod while trying to shake off my Duncan-induced lust haze.”

This book is the first from this author and I can’t wait to read more. A lovely storytelling voice and great characters that really pulled me in made this a memorable story and put this author on my favorites list.
-4.5 Stars!-

My full review:
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sandie - Books and Tequila Book Blog
This book does not read like a debut. It was so good. It had be on the edge of my seat, while I was swooning left and right over Duncan. Alex was so real that it felt like I knew her. She embodied everything a woman should be in the 21st century. Strong, beautiful, clever, pigheaded and a little neurotic. All in all one of my favorite heroines of 2018 so far.

You will not regret reading this book!!!
M.R. Field
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Falling Into Darkness is an emotionally gripping novel that deals with aspects of grief, guilt and regret. Alex moves to America to rebuild her life after a traumatic past. She is guarded, her dreams are riddled with nightmares and she trusts very few people. She holds her cards close to her heart to avoid experiencing any more hurt. “I don’t do well with emotions. I was never one of those people who can show them easily to begin with, and the last few years only made it worse.”

If an effort to
Coco.V
Jan 02, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/2/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
One bad decision changed my life irrevocably.
One night shattered it completely.

Not strong enough to resist, he broke through the walls around my heart. Every single one.

For a fleeting moment, I was happy. Until
Annie Dyer
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A smouldering sexy read from a brand new author to follow.
Falling Through Darkness charts the emotional growth of the story's protagonist Alex as she moves past a devastating set of events and evolves into a new life. Kira's writing is smooth and the dialogue strong. In Alex, she has created a flawed heroine who can be identified with, whilst in Duncan, the reader has a strong alpha male who is certainly a contender for book boyfriend of the week. I really enjoyed this debut and look forward to
Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
Falling Through Darkness by Kira Berger

4.5 Star review

Ever since I shared the cover reveal for this book on my blog weeks ago, I’ve been anticipating the story that hid behind it.

Our heroine Alex has clearly been through some sort of tragedy and trauma when we first encounter her.  Skittish, defensive to the point of rude, fiercely independent and embarking on a brand new life, one that has taken her to America for a new position as a High Sc
Isabelle Morebooksthanlivros
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this book for free from Foreword PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Contemporary Romance; Romantic suspense.

Dual-POV. In reality it was ONE-POV, with only one chapter of Duncan's POV.

Stand-alone, for now, but is clear that we will get Duncan's brother book next.

Addictiveness: Highly addictive. This books started with a BANG, really the prologue puts you insid
Lani
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a great way to kick off a writing career. This debut book was heartbreaking, secretive, hopeful and learning to trust again. Alex has come to start a new life after such a horrific time, a life that you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy. She just wants to work, stay low, hide and live an uncomplicated life. What she didn't expect was to run into (literally) , the incredibly hot, smart and sweet Duncan. Over a short time Duncan tries to tear down the high walls that Alex has put around her h ...more
Jennifer Pierson
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Falling Through Darkness is a great start to what I believe will be a fantastic career for the talented Kira Berger, so I had no choice but to give it the perfect rating, especially since it ticked all of my boxes. First of all, it started out with a big bang as I read that Prologue, so I knew instantly that I was in for an exciting ride, and wasn't disappointed. So, Alex has left Europe to start over in the States, trying to leave a dark past behind, when she meets Duncan, a hello sexy Viking o ...more
Sheila'S Book Corner
Falling Through Darkness is an emotional story that grabs you right from the start. I felt so much anguish for the heroine Alex as she tries to pull herself out of a very dark place and move past the feelings that she just didn’t deserve happiness.

“I want to try to stand in the light instead of being shrouded in darkness for the rest of my days.”

Duncan is a strong, caring alpha hero and exactly what Alex needs to help her move beyond and escape the terrifying and truly heartbreaking
Julianna
Apr 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-s
Falling Through Darkness by Kira Berger.

Falling Through Darkness was an alright story. In the beginning, I was a curious about Alexandra (Alex) history of what she was running from. As she settles into her new job, she attends a house party thrown by two people who helped her move. As Alex exits the bathroom,she runs into a Duncan who not only hits on her after spilling his drink, but acts like a jerk. But before she can fully get him out of her mind, she seeing him in the teachers lounge the day she starts wo
Becca Stanfield Vernon
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was just WOW!! I’m just amazed by the emotional, intriguing storyline that flowed throughout this book. The prologue did its job pulling me. Alex is so beautifully broken when she runs into Duncan. I felt the sadness, the hurt, the pain as I was reading. Duncan is like a usual man.......c*cky & comes off as a complete jerk to Alex. The sexy, persistent man that Duncan is, was so well written. You know in the beginning this is no ordinary love story & this book was so well writt ...more
Suzanne
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
For a debut author, Kira Berger absolutely nailed it completely. There was an amazing character build plus a great storyline that keeps you on your toes through the whole thing. I love how much Alex is a fighter after everything she has been through. She has so much pain in her soul. It is really heartbreaking once you find out why. Then enter Duncan. The man who literally knocks her on her butt. I love the pursuit of these two. How Duncan fights for her no matter what is in her past. The one th ...more
Alison Phillips
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed reading this book. I loved watching Alex and Duncan’s relationship start and deepen. How much do I love Duncan? Sigh...he really was my perfect man. How supportive he was to Alex and how he stood beside her was nothing short of amazing but she really did deserve that love. She is a wonderful person who has had nothing but bad in her life for such a long time.
Loved them together and also really enjoyed the story line, mystery and intrigue.
Kerry Melton
Apr 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Alex is a strong heroine who leaves her life behind in the UK. She finds herself in a new city, different from what she’s used to. Alex is closed off. Her secret will catch up to her.

The first half of Falling Into Darkness was a bit predictable. Then out of nowhere Kira drops a bombshell that you will never seen coming. Although Alex’s future seems grim, will she be able to let the past go? Can Alex have the life she deserves?
Donna Beeman
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Romantic and suspenseful!

Fantastic! Wonderfully well-written. Thoroughly enjoyed meeting these two amazing characters. Duncan will completely steal your heart! Looking forward to more from this author!
Dora Ruiz Davalos Books and Tequila Blog
I know that in romance there are different tropes for different folks. Some love the light hearted Rom-Com and some love romance that’s just a little grittier; with either angst or suspense in the mix, to keep us turning the pages frantically, until the perfect HEA. Falling Through Darkness is the latter; filled with amazing main and secondary characters, combined with a story filled with suspense, that had my jaw dropping due to a twisted and unexpected surprise! I love a fierce and strong fema ...more
Emery Rose
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kira Berger's sexy romantic suspense debut follows Alex's journey as she tries to move on from her dark past and make a fresh start. She didn't count on meeting a guy like Duncan and although they didn't get off to a great start, he proved to be a lot more than her initial impression led her to believe. He really was the perfect man for Alex - understanding, supportive, and swoony. After what Alex had been through in her life, she deserved something good and Duncan was exactly what she needed. ...more
Cyndi Becker
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Falling Through Darkness, Kira Berger's debut, a romantic suspense, tackles some pretty tough subjects while offering up a swoony alpha hero and a hot connection with the heroine. The prologue builds tension and the reader is immediately hooked. I'll admit I wondered if this would be too dark a story but there was no need to fret. The opening merely created some anticipatory anxiety that kept me engaged.

The story centers around a young European women who finds herself in America afte
Beyond The Covers Blog
Shelves: gail
Alexandra Weber is leaving London her home for many years,since the passing of her parents and brother she has nothing left for her in Europe. She choose to go to America her mothers homeland,and with the help pf her friends and former teachers she lands a great job teaching and a place to live.

She not only was she starting over she had her past to escape,and the demons that came with it.

Alex knew she could be a real bitch and could be really snappy with people,her friend
Mette
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Picking up a debut novel is a tricky thing. Not only is it a new to you author, it can be hard for a new author to find their voice.
Will you like their style and is the voice to shakey?
Let me tell you this. Kira Berger might be new to writing, but she knows what she wants to say and how to say it! This did NOT read as a debut, far from it.
We are talking strong character development, no annoying fillers and a very well thought out story. I am very impressed.

Alex moves to
Martina Jacobsen
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are tons of different books out there.
Some are really dark and some are cutesy and sugarsweet to the point where it's just unrealistic.
This book to me felt real.
Although I've never experienced what the heroine Alex had to endure (thank God) I could relate to how she felt and how she delt by putting up walls to protect yourself.
From the beginning I felt like I knew her and you can't help but love and admire this great hot-mess heroine for how she came through all her stru
Danielle Wormald
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
From the very beginning your are gripped by this story!

I couldn’t put it down - I was so hooked and intrigued - it was like walking on eggshells as I was waiting for the secrets of the past to be revealed!

Alex is broken and thinks she’s weak - she puts on this brave front that shows her as a bitch but you know it’s because there’s more to her than she’s letting on and she needs time before she goes deep into her past!
Meeting Duncan brings out the best and worst of her - at first she is a tota
Katie
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Falling Through Darkness
By Kira Berger
4 stars
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction Book Blog

Wow – what an amazing debut novel! I knew as soon as I started this book that I was going to love it! The prologue was probably one of the most gripping that I have ever read and this book didn’t let me back until the end! This really is a fantastic first book for this author and it has got me very excited for what is to come from her in the future.
The characters in the
« previous 1 3 next »
Bargain Basement: $25 Amazon Gift Card 1 4 May 04, 2018 02:57PM

• Bachelor Remedy (Seasons of Alaska #5)
  • All of You (Rebel Desire, #3)
  • In The Darkness (Project Artemis, #1)
  • Support Your Local Sheriff (Harmony Valley #10)
  • Ignite: 5 (Bolt Saga #5)
  • Love on a Limb
  • The Songs That Brought Me Back (The Songs #2)
  • Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • Callback
  • The Reckless Warrior (Navy SEAL Romance)
  • Until Tom, Finding Forever (Providence, #5)
  • Until Rayne (Happily Ever Alpha World)
  • Beneath Your Beautiful (Beautiful, #1)
  • Beautifully Broken Pieces (Sutter Lake, #1)
  • No Way in Hell (The Ink Well Chronicles #2)
  • Darkest Perception
  • Cerberus (Solace, #1)
  • Seductive Temptation: A BWWM Romance Limited Edition Collection
Kira Berger is a child of the world with a severe case of wanderlust. She’s lived in both North America and Europe. Currently, she’s living in London and enjoys everything the diverse city has to offer.

She's currently getting ready to release her debut novel, Falling Through Darkness—a gripping romantic suspense you don't want to miss.

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/KiraBergerAu...
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/kirabergera...

Falling Through Darkness is coming May 4th!