Start by marking “No Saint” as Want to Read:
No Saint

No Saint

(Louisiana Lawmen #2)

New Orleans Police Detective Rick Easterling is no saint: he's the NOPD's best undercover cop. Known as the Man of a Thousand Faces, he's a rogue – breaking the rules to solve cases his way. When his brother dies of a drug overdose and Rick is suspected of being a dirty cop, the detective vows to clear his name and avenge his brother's death.

Rookie police officer Lusinda J
Published January 29th 2018 by Tule Publishing (first published 2018)

To ask other readers questions about No Saint, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Saint

Dísir
‘No Saint’ was a mixed bag for me, though I thought the premise sounded intriguing: sending a rookie officer undercover to investigate another, who might have turned dirty in all his years of experience working in the underbelly of society.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t really buy into the characters at all, even though the beginning started out quite well. I did find Rick easier to sympathise with; his personal vendetta of avenging his brother’s death, his regret about their relationship and his co
Runner10
Jan 31, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoy any book that is based in New Orleans. It is a bonus that this book includes lawmen. There is definitely an undeniable chemistry between the main characters of No Saint. It is fun to read the story as the romance develops between Sin and Rick.
Cheryl
Mar 31, 2018 rated it liked it
This book is about an undercover cop trying to determine who is responsible for bad dope being distributed on the streets which has resulted in some deaths, including that of his estranged gay brother. His assignment has him working as a bar man. Unbeknownst to him, his seniors are concerned that he might have turned dirty himself so they have placed a female undercover cop in the same bar to monitor his movements.
The storyline itself held a lot of promise and the lead guy - Rick - was a really
Paula
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
No Saint by Mallory Kane is an action romantic suspense story that looks at the seedier side of New Orleans that tourists hopefully never see. The action is brisk throwing a rookie and a seasoned undercover cop together. They must survive so that they can solve the case bringing down the bad guys. The beginning has a changed up from the usual in bringing the two main characters together; making for an excellent start to the book.

Undercover Detective Rick Easterling has seen plenty of the lowlife
Janine
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book had me on the edge of my seat and I had trouble putting it down. I really got into the story.

Detective Rick Easterling and rookie police officer Lusinda Johnston are both working undercover at a bar in New Orleans. Rick is investigating what the city is calling the Bad Dope Murders, people dying from contaminated heroin. Sin was recruited by the New Orleans Bureau of Integrity to investigate Rick because he is thought to be a dirty cop and has something to do with the murders. Even tho
Shelagh
Feb 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Book two in Mallory Kane’s Louisiana Lawmen series, No Saint is a contemporary romantic suspense set in New Orleans and pits two undercover police officers against each other.
Rick Easterling is a seasoned undercover cop working to find the source of a lethal blend of heroin that has resulted in several deaths including that of his brother, who was murdered with a fatal injection. Lusinda Johnstone is new to the world of undercover sleuthing. She’s been sent from Baton Rouge to to New. Orleans to
Mags
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
**I was kindly provided with an ARC by the Publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**

I requested No Saint from NetGalley as I really liked the premise of this story. But sadly I didn't enjoy it as much as I expected too.

Don't get me wrong though, it was an ok story and the main characters likable. It just never really captured or held my interest and unfortunately there were large parts of this story that didn't really work for me. Including the fact there wasn't much suspense.
Mary
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a gripping and suspenseful story full of twists and surprises. The romance between Rick and Sin adds an exciting element to a brilliant storyline. Rick is a brave, determined and caring man who is emotionally stubborn. Sin is a naive, brave, confused and independent woman who is determined to take down a dirty cop. Only she's not convinced that he's guilty. They have to fight their attraction because it complicates an already complicated situation. But they are perfect for each other, be ...more
Laura D
Jan 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Detective Rick Easterling is the best undercover cop. Then his non-drug using brother dies from a drug overdose and rumor start that he is a dirty cop. Enter rookie cop Lusinda, she ends up working undercover trying to prove he is dirty. The time she spends with him and watching him interact and help others makes her doubt he is a dirty cop. Then she remembers the importance of this assignment and continues to look for clues that he is bad. When they team up to find out who is supplying the dead ...more
Bette Hansen
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
I didn't really enjoy this one. The overall premise of the story is solid but I never really connected with the characters nor did feel any connection between Rick and Lucinda. Lucinda just seemed immature and out of her league trying to investigate a "bad cop" and some of the things she does are really quite childish. Rick on the other hand is suppose to be this hard nose out for revenge cop with plenty of experience. I couldn't understand what he could ever find appealing in Lucinda. Perhaps i ...more
Donnajo
I voluntarily read a advanced reader's copy of this book

No Saint by Mallory Kane, book two in the Louisiana Lawmen series, A great addition to the series. I enjoyed the characters especially Lucinda who is a rookie undercover cop who gets sent to investigate another undercover cop Rick who is working on another investigation. The unexpected happens. It had a interesting storyline and great dialogue. Look forward to reading future books in this series.
Angela Maher
Apr 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I liked the two lead characters. Their background stories played well into the events of the book, and they were a nice, if sometimes combative, match. Lust probably turned to love a bit too abruptly, but it's good for an escapist read.
A nice read for a lazy day off.
Tami
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5

This was a contemporary romantic suspense. I didn't connect with the h that well.

Vikki Vaught
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Musings

Another winner by Mallory Kane. I thoroughly enjoyed this emotionally charged romance. It has engaging characters and a fantastic plot. This one is action packed and kept me engaged from the beginning to the end.Happy ☺reading 📚!
Sue Gerst
Jessica Guaman
Gwendolyn Leeder
Larissa Rye
Jul 02, 2018
Bestselling romance author Mallory Kane has published over 40 romantic suspense titles between Harlequin Intrigue and Tule Publishing Group, and she has multiple independent projects spanning genres. Mallory loves romantic suspense with dangerous heroes and dauntless heroines, and she enjoys tossing in a bit of her medical knowledge for an extra dose of intrigue.

Mallory taught herself to read at

Louisiana Lawmen (3 books)
  • No Hero
  • No Angel (Louisiana Lawmen Book 3)