Start by marking “Willow's Way (A Sweet Life Novel, #2)” as Want to Read:
Willow's Way (A Sweet Life Novel, #2)

Willow's Way

(The Sweet Life #2)

The breathtaking promise of the English countryside can lift even the heaviest spirits...

Willow Armstrong, the once-famous “Queen of Weight Loss” and president of Pound Busters, succumbed to stress eating after her divorce. Now the scandal of getting caught on camera binging on pizza, and the internet-wide mocking of her new curves, may destroy her career. Add in a busine
ebook, First, 275 pages
Published April 17th 2018 by Kensington Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Willow's Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Willow's Way

Diane
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Willow's Way (A Sweet Life Novel #2) by Sharon Struth is a delightfully romantic story with a bit of adventure. How embarrassing for Willow Armstrong, a weight coach and owner of a weight loss company called Pound Busters to be caught by the media when she is giving in to temptation and cramming a slice of pizza into her mouth while driving. A recent bout of emotional eating has added some extra curves on her previously lean frame and this has caused the board members of Pound Busters to questio ...more
Terri-Lynne DeFino
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
By now, anyone who reads Sharon Struth's novels knows they'll have heart and soul, charming characters who face their obstacles without whinging and whining, and a good dose of romance that sometimes has big bumps, and sometimes little ones. Willow's Way is no exception. The main character's battle with self-image is beautifully done, BELIEVABLY done. For that alone, this book is one to pick up.
But Struth has done that thing she does again--like she brought me to Tuscanny in The Sweet Life, she
Amy
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Willow's Way is the second book from Sharon Struth's series, The Sweet Life, and my first intro to her writing. I thought it was a good read. I thought it was a good read. I enjoyed being taken away to Bath, England. I definitely felt a connection to Willow from the beginning. I could relate to her on so many levels. I was rooting her throughout the whole book.

I most definitely highly recommend Willow's Way and give it a well deserved 5 plus stars. Sharon Struth has been added to my must read a
Patricia
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Losing Everything To Find Yourself

Willow's way is a book about one woman's journey to find herself. Willow Armstrong grew up thinking of herself as the chubby girl and having that impression of herself reinforced constantly by a distant mother and stepfather. Finally finding a method to lose weight and keep it off in her 20's she started a gym/lifestyle program called Pound Busters that was so successful it grew to become a public traded corporation.

When Willow's husband, a politician, announces
Sally
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-read
Willow’s Way review notes

Willow’s Way is the second in Sharon Struth’s The Sweet Life series, and sweet it is.

Willow Armstrong is instantly likeable. Life has dealt her a lot of hard blows and she is struggling. And you can feel the deep sadness within her. She feels so unworthy and unattractive. Going to England to check out the house she has inherited, and possibly get some answers about relatives she knows nothing about, seems like her last hope to regain some control over her life.

Owen Hughe
Teresa
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a sweet book. As someone who struggles with her weight, it was uplifting and encouraging. While the story is fiction, the emotions that revolve around weight control and lack of self-esteem was spot on. I loved how Willow grew and developed into a self-assured young woman.

The characters in this book were delightful. From Willow to Jilly to Owen to Henry, the dog. You find yourself smiling at their interactions and their antics. This was a wonderful story of rediscovering who you really
Marti
Willow’s Way by Sharon Struth was a charming second chance at love read. The story takes Willow, who has always believed that she was unlovable because she was not skinny, to a place who realizes she is good the way she is! I love that in a story, especially when the cause of the self disgust is a person, I love to hate!

Willow started her own company, Pound Busters with a philosophy about how to get and stay thin. She was a prime member and proud of her self control. Then her husband of many ye
Dixie Brown
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Willow’s Way, by author Sharon Struth, weaves together a world of love and self-discovery. Willow thinks she recently lost her way, but the truth is she’s been lost most of her life. Verbally abused and humiliated by her stepfather, she has learned to do the right things for all the wrong reasons. It takes stepping outside of her rigid and unforgiving rules to discover how she wants to live. An unexpected trip to the UK begins a journey of life-changing magnitude as she makes peace with her past ...more
Rhonda
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully uplifting story

This is the first time I've read a book by Sharon Struth and I'm so glad I did. She has an amazing way with dialogue and storyline. I felt like I really got to know Willow and Owen, their strengths and their flaws. I think Owen's daughter Jilly brought extra dimension to the story. Along with a lesson in self discovery and a sweet romance the author provided a backdrop that made the reader feel as though they were in the Cotswold's. Definately a book to add to your TBR
InD'tale Magazine
This story is amazingly true to life, filled with funny and poignant moments.

Read full review in the 2018 June issue of InD'tale Magazine.

Kathleen Gray
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Terrific second chance novel- not second chance romance (although there is one), but second chance at self. Willow went through a really rough time with her rat of a husband, problems with her business (hate social media!) , and then she inherited a house in Bath, England and that's where this got good. I loved the Cotswalds setting and the characters Willow meets there, not the least of which are Owen and Jilly. Owen's also struggling. These two dance around each other for a bit and even though ...more
Yvonne Gilbert
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finding yourself.

Willows Way has been a great read. It's a journey where you feel all the things the character is feeling. Losing your way, building yourself up and learning to love yourself and others in the process.
Karen
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very satisfying story about an executive who had a cheating husband and an executive of her company embezzle her money. She finds that her grandparents left her a house in England.

I have been to Bath and the countryside is the most beautiful in the world. The story depicts the beauty in very clever ways. Firstly, Willow meets her ground keeper who is a travel tour operator. Then as the story goes, Willow attempts a 100 mile walk along Cotswold Way.

I loved how strong Willow was when facing suc
Kristina lyboult
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this as an ARC

👍Up to Sharon Struth. This was such a good , Tear jerker, romantic book. Willow had such a hard life growing up being picked on about her weight. When she meets Owen he like her for who she is , it doesn't matter if she is bigger. At first Willow thinks Owen is joking around with her until she finally learns the truth.Such an awesome book.I definitely recommend this book to everyone and anyone to read .
Kathy
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: already-read
This is a really sweet story. The kind our hearts need now and then. The setting is an old rundown house with a cottage on the property. Right now that cottage has a widower with a daughter and a neat and funny grandmother living there. Will they be able to continue doing so? The house was left to Willow whose mother ran away when she was pregnant with Willow. Willow’s mother never told her anything about any family at all and the need to know something, anything, about a family that is now non- ...more
Kathleen
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In Willow's Way, author Sharon Struth weaves a wonderful women's fiction story about a woman's personal journey of rediscovering herself.

Willow Armstrong is a forty-year-old divorced woman and founder/CEO of Pound Busters, a successful weight loss company. Willow has always struggled with insecurity and has been self-conscious about her weight since childhood. She had lived in the shadow of a mother who had been a model, and a step-father who ridiculed her. Twenty years ago, at the end of colleg
Olya
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, netgalley
I received an ARC of this book through NetGalley-thank you!

I needed to read something light, and Willow's Way fit the bill. That's not to say it's fluffy-there are definitely some serious topics discussed in the book. Overall,though, it's a sweet love story, and I really enjoyed it.
Andrea
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was excited to come across this book, because I really liked Sharon Struth's previous Sweet Life book, which is the inaugural book in the series. (And I do hope that more of these are in the works!) There is a quick nod to the first book, but the two are completely separate from each other.

I think I liked this one even more than the first one. Then again, I feel like I related to Willow a lot more. We're the same age and suffer from some of the same physical and psychological ailments. So it
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
i usually do not read this genre.....but i am so glad i did!
from the beginning this book held my interest, and even though i "tend" to read about four (4) books at a time, i HAD to finish this book before the others.
Willow reminded me of two very important things.....it's ok not to be perfect and as the late great Whitney Houston sang (& i am sure Willow would agree) learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all.
Marsha Lambert
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was great. Easy to read, it made me feel as if I were in the English countryside. A body image struggle, financial problems, an unexpected inheritance. An intriguing man and his daughter along with their dog. I loved the heart and soul of the main characters in this book.
Nicola
Apr 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Things are not going well for Willow Armstrong. She was once dubbed the 'Queen of Weightloss', founded and was the President of weightloss company Pound Busters. Then life happened, she took to stress eating following her divorce only to find herself publicly shamed and then her business adviser drained her finances.
She was in a quandary, vulnerable and not knowing what to do, she discovers she's inherited a house in the Cotswolds in England, so that is where she goes, with the sole intention of
Janga
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
The second book in Struth’s The Sweet Life series is filled with finely drawn characters who will win readers’ hearts, internal conflicts that foster growth in Willow and, to a lesser degree, in Owen, and a setting so expertly rendered that the reader dreams of signing up for a Jane Austen tour. I especially liked that Willow’s new direction mirrors the changes that have taken place in her but does not eradicate all that she was.

There is a genuine sweetness to the story, but it is never cloying
Robyn Gaye-Murphy
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Willow’s Way by Sharon Struth
This is a lovely novel. Absolutely lovely and I thoroughly enjoyed it, stretching the last bit out as I didn’t want it to end. The character Willow is kind of lost in herself and travels to England to find out about a cottage she has been left by family she never knew she had. Finding about about her unknown family gives Willow ideas on how she might find out who she really is and what she really wants to do in her life. The villagers she meets fill in gaps of inform
Pat
Mar 06, 2018 rated it liked it
I actually rate this book 3.5 Stars. A story of a woman who started a company from scratch and patterned her life after it’s philosophies. Her life took a sharp turn after some devastating news and she’s looking for something to give her direction. An old run down house, inherited from grandparents she didn’t even know, nestled in the Cotswolds in the U.K. is her life change, along with the handsome next door neighbor and his adorable daughter. I would have rated higher, but the ending seemed a ...more
Kathy
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my first time reading Ms. Struth's work but it won't be the last. This was a really good story involving so many issues (weight loss, self esteem, family secrets, loss) along with a delightful trip to England where we get to visit the Cotswolds. Loved the characters including the dog! They were very likable and realistic. Lovely romance too!

I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review it.
Lynne Spreen
Mar 11, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a straightforward read with interesting characters the reader finds it easy to care about. Good character arcs for the mains. I liked the theme of appreciation for who we are. The lesson of the story was that we should strive to be our best but with self-acceptance at our core, rather than the desperate need for approval from those around us. This isn't a complex story but still, very satisfying.
Sans Washington
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Really, really not sure why this book had so many stars. Maybe I am turning into an old grouch but this book seemed like a silly romance to me. The 100+ temperature zapped my energy to find a better read. If I hadn't been too lazy to get out of the pool, I would never have gotten past the first chapter!
Debee Sue
Feb 28, 2018
Alycia Canfield
Jul 28, 2018
Sharon Struth
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Sharon Struth believes you’re never too old to pursue a dream. The Hourglass, her debut novel, was a finalist in the National Readers' Choice Awards for Best First Book, and her Blue Moon Lake Novels includes the Barnes & Noble bestseller, Share the Moon.

When she’s not working, she and her husband happily sip their way through the scenic towns of the Connecticut Wine Trail, travel the world, a

The Sweet Life (2 books)
  • The Sweet Life (A Sweet Life Novel #1)