Jump to ratings and reviews
Book 5 in the Hard Rock Harlots Series

Some people think touring with a bunch of hardcore rockers would be a dream come true.

It isn't.

Most days, life on the bus is more like a nightmare made flesh. Stressful, tense, and claustrophobic as crap.

Keeping the band members from suffocating each other with pillows has been a full-time job since we first hit the road. One day I'm playing referee between longtime friends fighting over the drummer girl. The next I'm Mean Mommy Jillian hiding liquor bottles from the guitarist who splits his time between impromptu stomach pumps at the local emergency room and unscheduled overnight accommodations in the local police station's drunk tank.

And don't even get me started on the one whose name starts with "Letty Dillinger." A hypersexual, walking special effect, she can be the best or the worst of them all, depending on which side of the bed the wet spot is on and whether she woke up on it.

I'm tired. I miss my best friend, the ex-husband who left me for a man. (It's okay. Turns out I'm a lesbian and didn't know it. Go figure.) I long for the touch of a woman who can take me away from the chaos whipping my life like an egg beater, if only for a little while. If the horny beast trapped inside this cage doesn't get out soon, my job, my band, my reputation might not survive.

I don't need love. I just need an orgasm. A really long, hard, knuckle-whitening, teeth-clenching, window-rattling, thigh-splitting climax.

Unfortunately, my employers--Letty especially--aren't going to like where I'm going to get it.
__________

Formerly published in draft form on Wattpad, BANG has been professionally edited and updated for retail sale. BANG is LGBTQ erotica that includes FF, MMF, FFF, BDSM, and may trigger sensitive readers. It is not a romance.

Kindle Edition

First published October 17, 2017

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Kendall Grey

29 books1,611 followers
A whale warrior, marathoner wannabe, and vodka martini aficionado, Kendall Grey is calm like an F-bomb*. She writes books about fierce women in genres ranging from erotica to urban fantasy comedy. Her aliases include Kendall Day (FALLING FOR MR. SLATER) and Seven Slade (COMING OUT).

Kendall lives off a dirt road near Atlanta, Georgia with her dashing geek husband, a one-eyed Dachshund that thinks she's a cat, and an incorrigible yet adorable mutt whose ice-blue eyes will steal your heart and hold it for ransom.

*Detonation manual not included.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Displaying 1 - 19 of 19 reviews
Profile Image for Angie.
1,369 reviews107 followers
November 5, 2017
F/F isn't my thing but I was excited for another Hard Rock Harlots book featuring Jillian, Killer Buzz Float's high strung manager. But I should have realized F/F would be the tamest part of this book. LOL. I just love Letty's hijinks.

The timeline of this book parallels the entire series with most of its emphasis on Rock. I thought it was clever how Grey added in a story for Jillian. I felt bad for her for lousy introduction to the BDSM lifestyle but at the same time I admired that she knew she deserved better.

There is no HEA in the traditional sense but that doesn't mean you'll be left unsatisfied. Grey definitely leaves us with potential for more. As always we get humor, heart, and plenty of sticky situations. Pun intended. Well done.
Profile Image for Jenn's Book Obsession.
627 reviews20 followers
4.5 Stars
I love this series and I'm beyond thrilled that we are not saying goodbye to these characters just quite yet. Kendall Grey does it again! She writes and delivers a story that will have you completely consumed from the very beginning.

I love the way Kendall Grey writes. It's just so unapologetic. It's raw. It's dirty. And it's downright delectable. I absolutely love Jillian. She is independent, fierce and loyal to the band. What she's endured is both exhilarating and sad. It's exhilarating because the sex is just off the charts but sad because of the emotional turmoil she has to suffer through. The sacrifices she's made and her attitude just make her a character that no doubt you will absolutely love.

It's always great coming back to this series and seeing glimpses of the couples that I've fallen in love with and now I get to add Jillian in the mix. Kendell Grey is just an amazingly talented writer and this was a great addition to the series.

**ARC received in exchange for an honest review**
Profile Image for Renee.
3,356 reviews36 followers
October 17, 2017
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

Bang is the fifth book in the Hard Rock Harlots series from Kendall Grey. I imagine you could read this book as a standalone but it is so much fun the read Strings, Beats and Nocturne. You don't want to miss that book along with the other two stories Kendall Grey added to this series.

Jillian Frost is the manager of Killer Buzz Float. You would thing touring with a bunch of hardcore rockers would be a dream come true. It isn't for Jillian. It is stressful, tense, and claustrophobic as all get out. Keeping the band members from killing each other has been a full-time job since they first hit the road. One day Jillian is the referee between lifelong friends frighting over the drummer girl. The next Jillian is Mean Mommy hiding liquor bottles from the guitarist who splits his time between impromptu stomach pumps at the local emergency room and unscheduled overnight accommodations in the local police station's drunk tank. But worse of all is Letty Dillinger. A hyper-sexual, walking special effect that can be one of the best or the worst of them all depending on if she woke up in the wet spot that morning. Jillian is tired and misses her best friend, actually it is her ex husband who left her for a man. But, do not fret it simply let Jillian by the lesbian she didn't know she was. Jillian longs for the touch of a woman who can take away her away for just a bit from all the chaos in her life. If it does not happen soon the beast trapped inside it's cage her job her band, her reputation might not survive. Jillian isn't looking for love she is just looking for a release. Unfortunately her employers, Letty especially, are not going to like where she is going to get it.

I loved this book. I was a little worried about how much I could take of the kink but I promise you don't let the f/f thing turn you off. You will survive just fine. This is really the first full f/f book I have read. Trust me when you get to those scenes the last thing on your mind if going to be but it's two women. Poor Jillian, she needs a gold metal for all the stuff she has to put up with from Killer Buzz Float. They call her Mom but I honestly don't think this crowd could function without Jillian. But Jillian is lonely and looking to find a release. Miles her ex-husband thinks he knows exactly what she needs and thanks to his meddling she is set up to experience her first time in a sex club. It doesn't turn out at all how Jillian thought and she is discouraged since the girl who was there just basically left the room. Sure she left her number in the strangest way ever but Jillian is not going to use it. That night they were in masks so Jillian has no idea who she was or her real name just that she is called Siren. Fast forward though time and Jillian finally knows who she was in the room with her that fateful night and it sets in motion a lot of things in this book. Now, I am not going to tell you what is going to happen. That would stink. But I will say that I hated Lizzie with a passion. She is awful. Beyond awful really and got worse as the book went on. I just wanted to punch her. You don't mess with Jillian. Jillian is the woman and I'm pretty darn protective over my characters, as a reader, that I have followed through a series and really care about. You can also expect a lot of Letty antics right along with the rest of the band and there are some pretty funny moments in this book. I have to say too that I love the relationship that Tombs and Jillian form over morning coffee. If you are expecting a happily ever after for Jillian your reading the wrong book. However I will say I closes this book knowing that Jillian is a bad butt, she will be fine and sometimes you just need to discover your own happiness and sometimes it just isn't what you thought you wanted or needed that are going to get you there.

Kendall Grey has written a beautiful book that I loved every second of. It isn't what I expected it to be but so much more really in the grand scheme of things. I was so happy to spend more time with Killer Buzz Float too. I can never get enough of these guy. This has to be one of my all time favorite series ever written.
Profile Image for MJLovestoRead.
1,838 reviews45 followers
October 17, 2017
Bang is yet another spectacular addition to the Hard Rock Harlots series. This time around Kendall Grey finally gives us Jillian Frost's story. The manager of Killer Buzz Float could not have a more perfect last name. All business all the time, or so it seems, this woman has to rule her band with an iron fist while adoring every member as if they were her own.

What is so great about this book is that we get what I liken to a backstory to events that have transpired through the years as Killer Buzz Float goes from humble and shaky beginnings to their continued rise to the top. The whys and how comes are answered in a way I never thought I needed. Getting to know Jillian a bit better and getting to witness her complete devotion to her 'kids' was truly sweet at times. Knowing now what she went through to make sure her band didn't not get messed with has me admiring the heck out of her. The woman deserves her happy and although I was under the impression she'd get just that, the author has more in the way for this tough as nails survivor.

As usual, there are the NSFW sex scenes that are always a bit over the top but in the very best way. Nothing is ever held back when it comes to these books and I can say once again, that they are as hot as anything I've ever read. I even learned a new word for a position used by lesbians and let's just say I wouldn't mind reading it with respect to Jillian.

A good part of the book is dedicated to finding a way for Jillian to finally let go and submit to a woman on her own terms. Things get very complicated and getting to see Jillian at her lowest emotionally was a bit heartbreaking. But nothing seems to hold this woman down and I'm convinced her happy is just around the corner and I'm hoping that the author will continue her story in the future.

The way Jillian Frost protects her band is just fantastic. She has such love for this motley crew and Letty, in particular, Shades, Toombs, Rax and Jinx are lucky to have her. There are plenty of fights and crazy aboard the Killer Buzz Float bus and seeing things through Jillian's eyes was definitely fun. In addition, Miles as Jillian's ex-husband was a great extra and his drive to make his ex-wife happy, although misguided at times, was a welcomed distraction from all that she has to deal with on a daily basis. He has a huge but subtle part in Jillian grasping her sexuality in a way she never thought possible and it was truly nice to see them help each other in the most of unconventional ways. But this is all part of the Killer Buzz Float story so nothing is ever the norm. (thank goodness!)

I love that Kendall Grey doesn't back when it comes to these rockers and each book is better than the last. Bang stands up to all the rest and is a welcomed addition to this great series. Anyone who has read the rest will need this book in their collection.

Bang deserves nothing less than 5 huge stars!

Long live the Rock!
Profile Image for Juli.
1,295 reviews18 followers
April 20, 2021

MM/MMF/FF

This is Jillian’s story, the manager of all managers, the woman who handles Letty.

To be honest, I only read this book because I was hoping we could get some answers to the questions created in Rock; unfortunately that wasn’t the case. We don’t get any further clarification on Jinx and Toombs nor do we get an answer about who Gabrielle’s father was.

What we do it get? Jillian’s journey in finding what she needs sexually and what makes her happy. I’ll probably be in the minority group, but I was not a fan of Miles, Jillian’s ex-husband, I felt his ways of “helping” her seem to benefit his needs more than hers.

I hate Lizzie, I mean I hated her before, but I hate her more now since I find out she’s a rapist. Let me start from the beginning, Jillian gives the BDSM scene a try at Miles insistence and meets Siren. Jillian, Miles, Red (Miles’s boyfriend/Dom), and Siren enter into a scene where Jillian tackles her boundaries. Right from the start Siren oversteps Jillian limits by inviting someone to watch without her permission. Once the scene finishes, Siren has the random dude leave her a card with her number it. Fast forward some weeks later, we learn that Siren is Lizzie and she tries to use Jillian’s submissive intrigue to make her join her tour. Turns out Lizzie found her because Miles gave up Jillian’s information.

Essentially Lizzie manipulates Jillian for a bit while Jillian tried to find out who she is and if she wants to be part of BDSM lifestyle. Jillian learns pretty quickly that Lizzie is a vile and a narcissistic bitch, but Lizzie threatens the band if Jillian doesn’t continue to play with her. So Jillian has to deal with looking shady to Letty and the sexual blackmail from Lizzie. Which leads me to absolutely hating Lizzie and wishing someone would beat the ever loving shit out of her repeatedly. To put Jillian in her place, Lizzie brings Beth (her band mate) to Jillian’s hotel room and has her anally rape Jillian for a while; Jillian refused to give Lizzie the satisfaction of using her safe word.

Then it’s all systems go to bring down Lizzie, which Jillian was trying to do the entire time, but now time was of the essence. If you read Rock, you know Jillian handles business and basically rips Lizzie a new one.

Once all is well, everything goes back to normal well their type of normal. Jillian learns the secret of the Birthday Club and also decides to hire an assistant to help her with things for the band. She also finally puts Miles in her past, I think she will always be in love with him, but the old Miles not the Miles he is now. Also it seems she may have a romantic interest in her assistant, Ave Marie, who might just be her match.

I feel bad that this is the last book and we don’t get any answers to the questions that were created in Love Nites and Rock.

Will there be another book?
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Nikki.
140 reviews
October 17, 2017
Bang is Jillian's side of the story from the last book, Rock, Book 4 in the HRH series. Having already read Rock, I was excited to find out what was going on, literally behind the scenes [and between the sheets] with Jillian (Killer Buzz Float's manager) and Lizzie (Banging Betties lead linger). Let's just say this was a story worth the wait!

I won't give away the plot points or any spoilers but I will say that I think this is the first book that I really disliked one of the main characters throughout the book. Even though tensions may have risen in, the sex scenes in Bang are as hot as they have been in the four previous books. While Kendall has never been afraid to mix it up in the bedroom scenes and has always offered the non-traditional relationships of the Killer Buzz Float band members, but I do believe this is the first time she has written a predominantly F/F storyline and she totally did it justice. Regardless of the gender makeup of the couple, Ms. Grey has a real knack for creating a vivid scene in my mind's eye, in turn creating that special heat down below that we readers of "romance" novels have grown to love.

Kendall Grey says in the warning on Amazon this is not a romance and I have to disagree. In the end, it's the story of Jillian's romance with The Rock and the members of the band.  Again, Ms. Grey tends to veer off from the traditional.

If you are already a fan of the Hard Rock Harlots series then you already know the epicness of the story that you will get when you one-click. However, if you are new to the HRH series I strongly suggest you start from the beginning and read the books in order. Each word in each book will titillate your brain buds, and make your thighs quiver. If you are fan of the naughty, Bang and all of the HRH books should be on your ereaders and TBRs. Long Live the Rock!

I read Bang prior to it's release by virtue of an advanced copy. I have also purchased my own copy to be added to my beloved HRH series collection.  I rate this book 5 stars and thank Ms. Grey for writing this book.
Profile Image for Karen.
502 reviews1 follower
February 4, 2018
I didn't think I wanted to read a book about Jillian until it became available and now that I'm done, hers might be my favourite story--for certain reasons. I didn't really pay a lot of attention to Jillian in the first 4 books. She was sort of in the background and didn't really feature a great deal in the action of the other stories. What you find out in reading this, that there is more going on with Jillian than was apparent in the earlier books. I liked the progress she made in this book and I also liked how the timeline for this was the same as earlier books, just told from Jillian's perspective.

What I didn't really enjoy was the sex scenes. It wasn't about the alternative lifestyle that Jillian explored, it was more about how In the end, I can see how Jillian used those experiences to get to know herself better and grow from them, but reading them left a bad taste in my mouth.

2,949 reviews7 followers
December 4, 2017
Loved, loved, loved this book. It was awesome to see the band from Jillian's POV instead of seeing her from their POV. We really get some insight into how much she does for all of them and how she really feels.

And Toombs was already by far my favorite character in the series, but after this book, I love him even harder!!!! I loved their little coffee "dates" and how supportive and smart he is. I loved how Jillian's view of him changed so much! I want 10 more books on Toombs and Jinx!!!!

Jillian is introduced to the lead singer of Banging Betty's in a sex club by her gay ex-husband. They wind up doing a scene together and Jillian is seriously attracted to her and discovers some things about herself that she wasn't aware of before. Since everyone was wearing masks and no real names were exchanged, she has no idea who she really is. When she finds out, she wants to be with her, but she is loyal to the band and she knows Letty hates her. Some of the time line overlaps the previous book, so we get more info on what goes on with the interview and the aftermath.

I loved the way it turned out and they way things left off. I hope we get another Toombs and Jinx book next (did I already say that?)

Profile Image for Rachael Orman.
Author 26 books368 followers
November 9, 2017
4.5 Stars

I haven't read any of the other books in this series, but I thought it was interesting seeing as it was about the manager of the band. It bothered me that she was given such an awkward intro into BDSM followed by an ungrateful lover.

I love that even though she was dead set on it not being her thing, she still gave S & M a try... and she found maybe it wasn't so bad after all. The emotional twists in this story had my stomach turning right along with them. I couldn't help but cheer on Jillian and hope things got better for her.

This was a fun and exciting story and really makes me want to go back and pick up the other stories in the series since we got to see them in Jillian's journey of finding herself.

**ARC received in exchange for an honest review**
Profile Image for Jamie Ellis.
1,131 reviews9 followers
October 22, 2017
Jillian's POV!!!!

OK huge fan of this series.....I will start off with that firstly. My thing is that most of the book was a recap of the previous books with some new thrown in, with it being Jillian's Point of View!! And the new that was added was freaking hot AF, and you even learn more about the elusive band manager and what she goes through for the band. I honestly hope we get more from this amazing series. I got to have more of my all time favorite balls to the wall female character Letty Dillinger and the band. Gotta have MORE.....
Thanks Jamie Nibarger Ellis
Profile Image for Landra Graf.
Author 29 books85 followers
October 19, 2017
The Hard Rock Harlot series so far has been one of the filthiest erotic romance series I've read. With the fifth book, Grey stepped out of the box further and went total Lesbian Erotica. You read that right. There's no HEA, which is something she readily admits to. My little secret, I finished the book and learned from the experience that no HEA is not for me. That doesn't mean this book was bad, it meant I had to keep reminding myself this wasn't my typical sandbox. No HEA and not the same kind of character growth... oh, wait - that's official review stuff, so here we go.

Plot - for those wondering if this book relates at all to the Hard Rock Harlots series, it does. This story is about the manager of the rock group, Killer Buzz Float. In fact, this story kind of covers a timeline from before the first story all the way up to the fourth. The story is about how Jillian is trying to discover and unlock parts of herself. She figures out she's way kinkier than she ever thought. A road of discovery tends to put a person in the path of assholes and there's so difficult navigation as the assholes Jillian associates with on the kinky, personal level invade her professional life.

Characters - Jillian is a tough broad. I really enjoyed her, and at the same time wanted so much for her too. In ways, I'd say I have a love/hate relationship with the MC. Of course, I got to see plenty of characters from the earlier books in the Hard Rock Harlots series. From Rax to Jinx. All the favorites and all the ones I want to hit... I'm talking to you, Letty Dillinger.

Setting - It's hotels, motels, kink parties, rock stages, and tour buses. Live the life of the want-to-be-rich with this story. There's plenty of Southern charm with some stops in Atlanta and New Orleans. Grey does such an amazing job on characterization and getting lost in the character's head that settings tend to be present, but not needed.

Finally, Grey still rocks my world as a female version of Chuck Wendig, in the fact she can spin similes and metaphors in ways I'd never contemplate. They make sense, too, which makes every single one a gem you should never give up. For fans of the series, this installment will light you on fire in all the good ways. For those searching for a romance story, I strongly suggest elsewhere. For new readers, get ready for a wild ride... Killer Buzz Float style.
Profile Image for Jennifer.
852 reviews2 followers
September 29, 2017
I've loved all the books in the Hard Rock Harlots series, this one is no exception. I really enjoyed getting to know Jillian better and seeing the rest of the band. The only issue I had was my extreme hate for Lizzie, which I'm sure was intentional, so, well done.
69 reviews1 follower
June 26, 2020
Huh

Well, this was the last book of the series. It was told they Jillian’s eyes and I had to actively work thru the timeline in order to have the book make sense.

Again, character development was pretty week.

Hope she got her HEA
Profile Image for Jeanine.
1,047 reviews16 followers
June 9, 2019
This one pulls all the stories together...
Profile Image for Ellen.
4 reviews
March 17, 2021
Not my fav but was good

Not my favorite book out of the five but I like it . Hope she makes more . I heart this series .
Profile Image for Pamela Stallings.
199 reviews4 followers
October 17, 2017
I'm a huge fan of this series so when I found out Kendall was writing this book I was so excited. I just finished this book tonight and was not in the least bit disappointed. This is Jillian Frost's story she's the manager of the rock band Killer Buzz Float.

With any book in this series we get some hilarious moments, some serious ones filled with emotion, and some down right dirty filthy sex. Kendall can write a sex scene!! Like holy shit! There's actually a pretty emotional story in this book. Jillian goes through a lot in this book and honestly I just wanted her to be happy. She's a very strong woman and parts were hard to read that involved a certain psycho. I loved being reunited with the Killer Buzz Float gang especially my favorite red head Letty Dillinger. They played a pretty big role in this book and it made my heart happy. I loved that Jillian gets closer to certain band mates and we get to finally know what she's thinking about this gang of misfits. She's such an amazing character.

I love Kendall's style of writing and I could honestly read more and more books from this series and never get bored. Amazing job Kendall!!

I received an ARC for an honest review.
Displaying 1 - 19 of 19 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.