Start by marking “Ronaldo: Rudi's Birthday Extravaganza (Ronaldo the Flying Reindeer, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ronaldo: Rudi's Birthday Extravaganza (Ronaldo the Flying Reindeer, #3)

Ronaldo: Rudi's Birthday Extravaganza

(Ronaldo the Flying Reindeer #3)

He wants his friend to have the best birthday party ever, but when the superstar Magician cancels, disaster is on the cards!

Ronaldo loves magic and when his best friend announces Monty the Moose, the most spectacular magician in the world, is performing at his birthday party, he is beside himself with excitement.

First, he must save his pocket-money for the perfect present
Published September 29th 2017 by Amazon Digital Services (first published September 21st 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Ronaldo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ronaldo

Start your review of Ronaldo: Rudi's Birthday Extravaganza (Ronaldo the Flying Reindeer, #3)
James
Book Review
Ronaldo: Rudi's Birthday Extravaganza, the third in an adorable children's picture book series, written in 2017 by Maxine Sylvester, is another winner. In this edition, Ronaldo's best friend Rudi hurts his hoof, but won't go to the doctor to heal it. Rudi's mother enlists Ronaldo to help trick Rudi into the office visit, which leads to even more hilarity and conflict. Along the way, Ronaldo picks up a side job to help earn some money for a new flying class, but after Rudi'
Whispering Stories
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book Reviewed on www.whisperingstories.com

Ronaldo: Rudi’s Birthday Extravaganza is the third book in the Ronaldo the Flying Reindeer series by Maxine Sylvester and the second book from the series that I have read. This time in the town of Beresford summer has arrived and it is scorching.

Ronaldo is getting ready for the important Reindeer Flyover and looking forward to Rudi’s upcoming birthday party. However, Rudi has a sore swollen hoof and needs to go to see the doctor but he’s frightened that
Finitha Jose
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the 'Ronaldo the Flying Reindeer' series. Having read the other two I was really excited to have this copy from the author and it doesn't disappoint. You don't have to read the other books to know the premise, but I highly recommend it. These books are super cool and funny no matter your age.
The story revolves around the events leading to Rudi's birthday party. There is a visit to the doctor (poor Rudi!), the end of term exams and a lot of delicacies to eat as we are g
Holly
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Note: I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Holy cow! Again I was not disappointed by this story one bit! The friendships within this book are fantastic. The character are so well developed for a children’s book it jut amazes me. Also the illustrations were just as beautiful and fantastic as the first two books. But what really makes this story perfect is the friendship between Rudi and Ronaldo as well as just the kindness of these characters are just so wonderful
Lieve Snellings
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An easy read and a joy with an amazing message of friendship
The third book in the Ronaldo series by Maxine Sylvester, ‘Rudi’s Birthday Extravaganza’ is once again a joy to read.
We meet up again with Ronaldo and his best friend Rudi. They’re still cadets in the Flying Academy, but unfortunately Rudi is wounded. Friend Ronaldo stands by his mate, he accompanies him to the doctor. Soon it will be Rudi’s birthday and Ronaldo takes a job so he has money to buy a present for his friend.

When Rudi sho
Heidi
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Here’s yet another cute and meaningful story about Ronaldo and his friend, Rudi. As the series progresses, we get to know the characters in a new and different light than in previous books. For Ronaldo, though I knew he was a kind reindeer, most of his actions reached a new level of kindness here that I just wanted to be friends with him. He acts in ways to avoid hurting other’s feelings, be there for someone who is scared, do a good deed just because he wants to help without expecting something ...more
Píaras Cíonnaoíth
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A wonderfully written and illustrated story with important life lessons...

Ronaldo: Rudi's Birthday Extravaganza is another delightful and charming book in this series. I read it with my grand-kids and they loved not only the story, but also the amazing illustrations. I thought the text and illustrations worked very well together.

Author Maxine Sylvester writes in a wonderfully simple and imaginative style that will guarantee the attention of young minds. If you ever wanted to bond even more with
Misty's Book Space

I want to thank the author for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. This is the 3rd book in this series and it's another winner for me.

I read the second book earlier this year and loved it. This is a children's picture book series and while I am not the target demographic I still really loved it.

Just like the previous book this one has realistic lessons thrown in. It doesn't delve to deeply into these lessons but I think it is appropriate for the age range.

I l
Toya
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Maxine has done it again with another wonderful adventure starring Ronaldo the flying reindeer. Ronaldo is back with is best friend Rudi, who has hurt his hoof and needs to visit the doctor. The problem is that Rudi is petrified of the doctor (he fears shots more than anything). Rudi’s mother enlists the help of Ronaldo to help trick her son into going to the doctor’s office where utter chaos ensues.

Ronaldo ends up picking up a part time job to help the famous Mrs. Sorrenson (world renowned cake
Lisa
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ronaldo continues to show his giving nature in this third installment of the series.
He helps his friends, neighbors and school during the course of this book. It seems he is always thinking of others and how he can help and give.
Full Review On YouTube here: https://youtu.be/23Eayzn2dJw
When his friend is sick, even his friend’s mother calls on Ronaldo to help out. When he ends up with unexpected money in his pocket, he immediately thinks of how he can help others with it.
He’s a true inspiration t
Dany
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another amazinggggggg adventure with the best two snowflake flying cadet in town.

In this book , Ronaldo tries his best to get into the Vixen workshop while helping Mrs. Sorrenson with her cakes. Rudi got ill with his birthday party coming up. What will Ronaldo do to cheer up his mate and keep up his rank?

Rudi's birthday extravaganza was a classic kid's book with mind blowing illustrations and adventure. I loved every single thing in this book.

We get to know Rudi a little more in this book.

Bes
Joni Martins
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book Review

Basic Details:
Book Title: Ronaldo: Rudi's Birthday Extravaganza
Subtitle: (Ronaldo the Flying Reindeer #3)
Author: Maxine Sylvester
Genre: Children's
Part of a series? Yes
Order in series: 3
Best read after earlier books in series? No, can be read as stand-alone but why would you?
Available: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...
Overall score:
I scored this book 5/5
⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
Short Summary of the book:
In this book, the caring young reindeer Ronaldo wants to give his best friend Rudi the
Mehsi
I received this book from the author in exchange of an honest review.

It took me some months, but finally I read this one. This was very cute and nice, I am glad I had the chance to read it. Thanks to the author for providing a digital copy for me~

I am tad tired, so I will do a review as I read then edit it some when I am finished.

In this one a lot of things happen. First up Rudi is wounded and needs to go to the doctor. Boy, I totally agreed with him when I saw the doctor and that humongous need
Melissa Espenschied
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The book Ronaldo: Rudis Birthday Extravaganza by Maxine Sylvester followed perfectly in the footsteps of the previous book in the Ronaldo series. It comes right after Ronaldo: The Phantom Carrot Snatcher that I previously gave a 4 out of 4. This is another wonderful Ronaldo book although it was not quite what I expected from the title. For some reason I was expecting the entire book to take place at Rudi's birthday party but that was not the case.

The book opens to Ronaldo looking at his options
Marion Marchetto
In Rudi’s Birthday Extravaganza, we find Ronaldo’s best friend Rudi is having a birthday party. Rudi is excited because his favorite TV celebrity – Monty the Magic Moose – has been hired to perform at the party. Ronaldo is having trouble deciding on what to give his friend as a present. In order to earn some extra money, he starts delivering cakes for Mrs. Sorrenson but things go awry thanks to some bullies.

In the end, the trouble is sorted out and Ronaldo rushes out to pay the tuition for Rudi
BookHole
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’m going to get this out of the way first, I cannot sing Sylvester’s praises enough! Even though these are children’s books and contain typical childish jokes and themes, it is still incredibly wholesome and heart warming.

This book is about Ronaldo’s friend Rudi and his birthday party. They are relatively long children’s books so she is able to include more of a story than just the party and develop the characters a little bit more and their relationship to others. With the upcoming Reindeer Ac
Suzanne Hare
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun adventure about two young reindeer one of whom has a birthday coming up. It takes overcoming a lot of obstacles and determination to be able to give Rudy a great birthday party. The book has wonderful, creative Illustrations featuring whimsical reindeer characters with great facial expressions. I am sure children of both genders will be draw to the characters and will stimulate their creativity and imagination. The narrative is told from the point of view of a young reindeer and is ...more
Emma
Jan 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Sunita Nambiar
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rudi's birthday along with his friends turned out to be an extraordinary event for all of them. This book is another surprise packet of happiness, love, friendship and fun after reading of "Ronaldo The Reindeer Flying Academy". I have received a review copy from the author.
A great book for children though I am not a child,😁. I wish all these are easily available in India too so that I can gift these books to my friends children.
Wonderful writing by the author Maxine..
Overall a good read once a
Alexa Whitewolf
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yet another fun read!
Kid's books are never something I pick up on my own, but this series is so wonderfully written, the illustrations so life-like and the overall feel-good vibe you get, I simply can't resist! Thanks to the author for providing a copy :)
Rudi and Ronaldo's friendship makes me wish my future kids have the same type of healthy, wholesome friends around them <3 !!! Beautiful descriptions, great pace, fun dialogue, what else can I say except get a copy NOW! :)
Pat Eroh
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! The entire story is great for those younger kids and people like me who love books like this though we are older. I did read this to a few of my younger clients (with autism/behavior difficulties) and they were awed into silent listening, with great questions about the story and the message. This is the 3rd book in a series and I must read them all.

Mary
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ronaldo and Rudi are back again for more fun and adventures in this book. Ronaldo takes a job to save up for the perfect gift for Rudi's birthday, and they are both trying to get into a special reindeer workshop hosted by Vixen.

We learn about responsibility and friendships in this book. It's a great Children's read with fun illustrations.

I received a copy of this book from the author for the purpose of this review.
Tony Hunter
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great story book by Maxine Sylvester! Your kids will love this.
Very well written with fun illustrations, many humorous lines that made my son laugh out loud "Ronaldo's face lit up like a firefly's bum".
Recommended for all children!
Grace J Reviewerlady
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How wonderful it is to be back in the world of Ronaldo, the flying reindeer!

This time round, in the third book in this most magical of series, the setting is summertime in Beresford and Ronaldo's best friend, Rudi, has a birthday fast approaching! With the excitement of the annual Reindeer Flyover happening soon, his part time job, and the prospect of Monty the Moose at Rudi's party doing all his magic tricks, Ronaldo has plenty to think about.

I love these books. The stories are so perfect for o
Sharon
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is perfect for kids of all ages. I love the storyline and the characters are wonderful. Education and fun, just perfect.

S.K. Gregory
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ronaldo wants his best friend Rudi to celebrate his birthday in style, especially after his recent bad luck. Can he help him have the best birthday ever? I enjoyed the story, Ronaldo and Rudi are great characters and the author tells a charming story.
Amy
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ronaldo: Rudi’s Birthday Extravaganza is a delightful addition to the Ronaldo the Flying Reindeer series. This one has got to be the most fun of all three books. I laughed so hard at Ronaldo and his antics. Him and his friends are hilarious. The book is filled with beautiful illustrations that perfectly goes with the story. My family and I are loving this series and hope there will be a new release soon. We highly recommend this for all ages, all year long.

Love, love, love it!

5+ stars

I received
Samantha Bradshaw
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ah yes, the gentle reminders of childhood reading. And while I do a lot of YA, today, we’re gonna do something a little different. Ronaldo: Rudi’s Birthday Extravaganza! Cute, funny, and full of lessons that are good for young children. Such lessons include don’t make yourself sick on sugar, and help out around your neighbors.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The third story in the Ronaldo series by Maxine Sylvester, Rudi’s Birthday Extravaganza, brings about yet another humorous tale interspersed with excellent illustrations and subtle moral lessons.
As Rudi’s birthday nears, Ronaldo is keen to get him a fabulous present. However, as Rudi’s chance to join the much-dreamt-of workshop with Vixen Pederson is ruined, Rudi now has only his birthday party to look forward to. Does that get ruined as well, since the famous magician Monty the Moose is unwell
Maxine Sylvester
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed by Mamta Madhavan for Readers' Favorite
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Ronaldo: Rudi's Birthday Extravaganza - Ronaldo the Flying Reindeer Book 3 by Maxine Sylvester opens with Rudi’s mother, Mrs. Gunnersson, telling Ronaldo that Rudi has a doctor’s appointment to examine his swollen hoof. Rudi is terrified of needles and Mrs Gunnersson wants Ronaldo to go with them to see Doctor Kloppen. Rudi and Ronaldo are both excited because Monty the Moose is coming to town and he has been booked to perform at Rudi’s birt
Read 4 Review: Seeking reviewers for MG/Children's book 3 10 Jan 08, 2020 12:20AM

• Angel Mage
  • The Empty Ocean
  • A Kestrel for a Knave
  • Tweet Cute
  • נשיפה
  • The Radleys
  • An Orchestra of Minorities
  • Becoming the Dark Prince (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #3.5)
  • To the Land of Long Lost Friends (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, #20)
  • Love Lettering
  • Vietnam: The Definitive Oral History, Told From All Sides
  • Ruthless Gods (Something Dark and Holy, #2)
  • Killer Domes and the Chosen One
  • The Revolution of Birdie Randolph
  • Christmas Angels
  • Sketch
  • The Language of Divorce
  • Gwendy's Magic Feather (The Button Box, #2)
I was born in Hounslow, Middlesex in the south of England. As a child, I loved drawing and took private art classes with a wonderful teacher called, Pearl Lee. She had an abundance of Disney magazines, and I would paint the characters on wood, card, canvas or anything else I was allowed to use, including walls.​

When I was nine, my mum took me on holiday to Majorca. I clearly remember being fascin

Ronaldo the Flying Reindeer (3 books)
  • Ronaldo: The Reindeer Flying Academy (Ronaldo the Flying Reindeer, #1)
  • Ronaldo: The Phantom Carrot Snatcher (Ronaldo the Flying Reindeer, #2)

News & Interviews