Start by marking “Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor, #2)

Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow

(Nevermoor #2)

4.54  ·  Rating details ·  5,831 ratings  ·  1,109 reviews
Wunder is gathering in Nevermoor ...

Morrigan Crow may have defeated her deadly curse, passed the dangerous trials and joined the mystical Wundrous Society, but her journey into Nevermoor and all its secrets has only just begun. And she is fast learning that not all magic is used for good.

Morrigan Crow has been invited to join the prestigious Wundrous Society, a place that
Paperback, AUS Edition, 467 pages
Published October 30th 2018 by Lothian Children's Books (Hachette Australia)

To ask other readers questions about Wundersmith, please sign up.

·  5,831 ratings  ·  1,109 reviews

Emma Giordano
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
4.5 Stars! Review to come! I adored this sequel.
Riley
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just love this series so much!!!
Monica
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
i’m honestly overwhelmed by how good this series is!
Kaitlin
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-sff-faves
Wow, this was brilliant fun and in my opinion even better than the first in the series. I think this one gave me all those nostalgic feelings of when I first read Harry Potter, and I couldn't help but to fall in love with the world once again and get emotionally invested in the characters. There was so much to like in this book, and Morrigan's story felt a bit darker and the stakes were higher too. I think if you like the first you will love the second!

This book continues where the first one lea
Brenda
Nine young people in Morrigan Crow’s unit – nine who had said under oath to be friends, be loyal to each other. Morrigan was thrilled to finally have a family; to have people who cared about her. When they all began their classes, the students had ingenious and exciting things to learn – all except Morrigan, whose teacher would concentrate on Wundersmith’s alone – and how evil and degraded they all were, both past and present. Morrigan’s patron, Jupiter North, did all he could to change the Elde ...more
Emily
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What can I say except I LOVE THIS SERIES.

Once again, Townsend pulls you into a world of wunder and whimsy, and doesn't let go. We follow Morrigan as she begins classes as the Wundrous Society, and follow her on a journey about belonging and finding yourself.

Like many of the great classics of children's literature, Townsend plays with the fallibility of adults. What do you do when the people who are supposed to look out for you, to know what to do when faced with challenges, aren't there to help?
Phrynne
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5000-2019
Number two in the series and a great follow up to Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow. The author advanced all the characters and the main story line but still left plenty hanging to keep our interest open for the next book.

Jessica Townsend writes well. These are really middle grade children's books but they still stand up for an adult reader. There is plenty of action as Morrigan begins to come into her powers. She is a little bit prone to throwing herself into situations she has been warned
Katie Ziegler (Life Between Words)
Five glorious stars. I’m obsessed.
Mellie Antoinette
“For one shining, triumphant moment you became a dragon because Wunder grew tired of you being a mouse.”

Morrigan Crow is the awesomest of Dearborn’s bothersome malingerers. That is all! 🐉🐉🐉🐉🐉
Connor
I am loving this series so much. This second installment was a blast and a half. It definitely continues to have some Harry Potter vibes with horrible teachers, a fantastical carriage/common room, a missing cat (Mrs. Norris?), a Malfoy-and-others-type group of bullies, and Morrigan being a parselmouth... *cough* I mean... lol enemies of the heir beware! But it is it's own story with tons of adventures for Morrigan and her classmates that keep you engaged and thoroughly entertained. My favorites ...more
Melanie
Jul 23, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: fantasy, middle-grade
1.) Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow ★★★★★

Oh my gosh, this cover is too perfect. I AM SO HYPED!

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch
Samm | Sassenach the Book Wizard
I MAY have this preordered and there MAY be a countdown on my phone to the release date.

*SQUEAL* THERE'S A TITLE NOW!!!!!!!!
Lynette Noni
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was SO GOOD!!! Seriously -- ALL THE STARS!!! *Insert unending heart eyes here*
Avanti Mukhopadhaya
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
The adorable quirky tales of Ms. Morrigan Crow continue...and her adventures get even more exciting...

After having barely passed her trials, Mog is left confused and bewildered. Saying anything more about the finale of the first book or elaborating further on the title of this book, will amount to revealing spoilers for the first book. So, I'll keep mum.

This book gives more reasons to the reader to draw parallels with Harry Potter. The stand-offs with the adversary, questioning one's own goodne
Michael
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ozzie-gems
After the wundrously magical and funny Nevermoor - The Trials of Morrigan Crow our main protagonist returns picking up where we left off. Having successfully made it through the trials in book one Morrigan will join Hawthorne and seven other scholars in Unit 919 studying at the prestigious Wundrous Society. The unit will need all there knacks as they navigate their ways through a challenging 6 months.

Morrigan will have to fight through the stigma of being a Wundersmith in a land that fears them.
Susan
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book follows on from, “Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow.” We met Morrigan in the first book, where we discovered her story. Cursed, she was destined to die on her eleventh birthday; plus all of the bad luck that occurs is blamed on her. However, before her fate overtakes her, she is whisked away by a man called Jupiter North to the secret city of Nevermoor, where she is given the chance to join the Wundrous Society.

However, of course, despite having escaped her fate, life is not going
Kerri Duff
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've just finished this book and I'm struggling to figure out the best way to sum up just how much I loved it. I can say with confidence that the Nevermoor series has already earned it's place amongst my favourite books. I adore Morrigan Crow, she is such a wonderful character, but it's not just her, it's Jupiter, Hawthorne, Fenestra, the hotel, the brilliantly crafted world that Jessica Townsend is sharing.
I'm so excited for the next one (release date unknown), but in the meantime, I wouldn't
Claudia / BeautyButterflies
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: offene-reihen
Hach... vom Inhalt her kann ich bei einem zweiten Teil natürlich nicht viel sagen.
Trotzdem weiterhin meine Empfehlung für diese Reihe! Auch Band 2 hat mich auf jeder Seite wieder begeistert und ich war nach nur wenigen zeilen wieder in der Welt von Morrigan Crow, Nevermoor und jetzt auch der Wundrous Society (Wie heisst sie auf deutsch eigentlich?). Ich liebe Jessica Townsends Schreibstil: So wunderschön beschreibend und eindringlich, dass man mitten drin ist und alles gut nachvollziehen kann.
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Miss Morrigan Crow, calamitous young lady of the Wintersea Republic is now preparing to become an esteemed scholar of the Wundrous Society, accompanying eight fellow students including the marvellous Hawthorne. Although compelled to confidentiality considering the dastardly mayhem instigated by Wundersmith Ezra Squall, Morrigan's Wundersmith ability is discovered and unscrupulously, an unknown antagonist is conspiring towards the extraordinary children with a bizarre series of anonymous notes an ...more
rachel
#1) Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow ★★★★★

🌻 Trigger warnings for child abuse, emetophobia, kidnapping, captivity, blackmail, mild violence, bullying, and discrimination.

BlogGoodreadsTwitterInstagram
Olga Zbranek Biernátová
Morrigan zbožňuju čím dál tím víc a fantazii Jessicy Townsend taky!
Marie the Librarian
it was a slow start, but man the end! I liked it a lot. And I love how Morrigan is growing and HAWTHORNE IS AMAZING. I love their friendship. And I love how MOrrigan finally has people who support and love her unconditionally!
Megan
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is it any surprise I was able to finish this book in one day? I absolutely loved the previous book and have been dying for Wundersmith basically since I finished Nevermoors last page. Townsend continues the whimsical adventure with our lovely Morrigan joining the Wunderous Society. But don't expect this to be your typical magical school experience. Morrigan must deal with the fallout of being outed as a Wundersmith and while she has been nothing but loveable, there is already prejudice against a ...more
The Captain
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
Ahoy there me mateys! If ye haven’t read the first book in this series, nevermoor, then ye might want to skip this post and go read the first book. Worth the read. If ye keep reading this log then ye have been forewarned and continue at yer own peril . . . . . .

I absolutely loved the first book and the crew has been saying that the second book was even better. I concur. This was amazing! It was so wonderful to be back with Morrigan and the lovely crew in Nevermoor. Morrigan has made it into the
Ian
One of the difficulties for the Tales of Morrigan Crow is that it is following on from a giant.
There is more than just a little of Harry Potter in the series.
All I'll say about that is whether you love this series or not will probably have a lot to do with how you feel about those similarities. For some it will be a ripoff, for others it will be an influence.

Personally, I love it and I love the world that Jessica Townsend is building. It's working for me on every level.
Sandra Christiansen
Ich liebe das Buch 💕
Aimee
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, fantasy, mid-grade
I’ve been simultaneously wildly excited and terribly nervous about reading Wundersmith. Nevermoor was my absolute favourite kids book of last year and I was worried that my expectations for the follow up was too high. Wundersmith absolutely delivered and I adore this magical world more than ever. I look forward to reading further adventures with Mog and 919 in the future ❤🌂 ...more
Merel
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
This book, this series, is so wonderful and mesmerizing! Nevermoor is incredible and I want to explore it so much more.
I'm so happy that the second book has been as good to me as the first.
Stacey (prettybooks)

I read Nevermoor earlier in the year and it became one of my all-time favourite books. I wanted to re-read Nevermoor before the sequel, and I was worried that I wouldn't enjoy it as much (which happens sometimes) but it was just as fantastic and made me feel right at home.

Continue reading this review over on Pretty Books.

Thank you to the publisher for providing this book for review!

Rian *fire and books*
This goes as no surprise to anyone who has had to listen to me talk about how much I loved the first book, but guess what? I LOVE THE SECOND ONE JUST AS MUCH.

Why? Because it’s magicalfunwhimsicalwittyandstupendouslyamazing! Yeah. You read that right. It’s one word good.

Morrigan is now a junior member of Wunsoc and while she thought the trials ended last year she’s come to find out more await her. There’s blackmail, disappearances, a ****boring**** class schedule, dragons, the black market, and
BooktubeSFF Awards: Wundersmith Readalong 3 33 Mar 22, 2019 11:16AM
Goodreads Librari...: Page count correction - Wundersmith 4 18 Feb 01, 2019 06:22AM
  • The Extremely Inconvenient Adventures of Bronte Mettlestone (Kingdoms & Empires, #1)
  • Mr Romanov's Garden in the Sky
  • Wilder Country (Winter, #2)
  • Legion of the Dead (Barnaby Grimes, # 3)
  • The Ones That Disappeared
  • Borderlands (Chasing the Valley #2)
  • Withering-By-Sea (A Stella Montgomery Intrigue, #1)
  • The Train to Impossible Places: A Cursed Delivery
  • The Paradise Trap
  • Gap Year in Ghost Town
  • Tilly and the Bookwanderers (Pages & Co., #1)
  • The Starkin Crown
  • The Truth About Verity Sparks (Verity Sparks, #1)
  • Grimsdon (Grimsdon, #1)
  • The Bone Tiki (Aotearoa, #1)
  • How to Bee
  • Rules of Summer
  • The Ivory Rose

Nevermoor (2 books)
  • Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor, #1)
“Morrigan didn’t like the sound of the Goal-Setting and Achieving Club for Highly Ambitious Youth, which met on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings, and all day Sunday. But she thought she could probably get on board with Introverts Utterly Anonymous, which promised no meetings or gatherings of any sort, ever.” 15 likes