Start by marking “Bastards & Whiskey (Top Shelf #1)” as Want to Read:
Bastards & Whiskey (Top Shelf #1)

Bastards & Whiskey

(Top Shelf #1)

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  913 Ratings  ·  211 Reviews
I sit amongst the Presidents, Royalty, the Captains of Industry, and the wealthiest fucks in the world.

We own Spiked Roses—an exclusive, membership only establishment in New Orleans where money or lineage is the only way in. It is for the gentlemen who own everything and never hear the word no.

Sipping on whiskey, smoking cigars, and conducting multi-million dollar deals
Published September 16th 2017 (first published September 15th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Bastards & Whiskey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bastards & Whiskey

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

descriptionI adore the cover of this one. A fabulous representation of the story. Great use of graphics. Excellent composition and eye-catching title work. A fantastic cover for an excellent book.description

descriptionSometimes when I finish a book all I really want to write is "I LOVED IT" or "IT WAS REALLY GOOD" and leave it at that. Alas, since I was graciously given an advance copy I will try to put into words how utterly enjoyable I found this one to be...

This book pretty much checked every mark for me. It was well written
Denisa
1.5 It's not you, it's me

this gif might be too much but I couldn't help myself

Ok, so I understand a lot of things and I'm pretty tolerant but this book was just annoying!

Don't get me wrong, I try not to judge sexual stuff ((view spoiler)), but everything felt like it was a tad too much, like the author was trying too hard (and well, it didn't really work out for her).

The chick seemed ok at first then she became an annoyi
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
A pleasure club owned by billionaires -Kenneth Saxon, Harley Crow, Victor Drayton, Mathew Price , Lennon Wolf & Prince Roman Cassian

description
We owned Spiked Roses—an exclusive, membership only establishment in New Orleans.Sipping on top shelf booze, smoking exotic cigars, and conducting multi-million dollar deals in our own personal playground of indulgence, there wasn’t anything we couldn’t have

There's debauchery and sexual fetishes coming to life . Kinks are as easily accepted as Rare old whiskey .
Kate's Corner
Bastards & Whiskey. Harlots & Diamonds.

Overall I really enjoyed this read. It is very entertaining and held my interest all the way throughout the book. I had to push past the first chapter as all of the billionaires were entitled, depraved and just pains in the neck. The Hero of this book Kenneth held my interest the most so I prevailed and am really glad that I did continue.

Six billionaires have gotten together and created gentlemen’s club Spiked Roses where each desire and kink can
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Bastards & Whiskey (TOP SHELF #1)
By: Alta Hensley
4 Stars

After reading a shortened version of this story in the Royally Mine Anthology, I was so glad to hear that Alta Hensley would be giving us more. This is the first book of getting more and what a hot book it was!!

Spiked Roses is a member only men’s club. A place for rich men to go to where they can have anything and everything. The word NO does not exist. After Spiked Roses has had a bad run on law suits, things must change.

Contracts are
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
3.5 “I fucking love the way you hate” stars!
April Symes
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bastards & Whiskey (TOP SHELF #1)—this was a novella in the Royally Mine Anthology and was expanded. Spiked Roses is a member only men’s club. Kenneth is a kinky, filthy, super rich & successful lawyer for the exclusive men’s club called Spiked Roses. Anita is the very innocent and very sweet, and naive girl who's just been hired there. When these two get together, its like dynamite and electric heat rolled into one. He’s all ALPHA and she submits. He makes her feel things she has never ...more
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
I've read a few of this authors stories and this has now become my favourite of hers.

Spiked Roses is an exclusive membership only establishment for gentlemen in New Orleans. This book tells the story of Kenneth Saxon a wealthy lawyer and one of the founding members of Spiked Roses and of Anita who's life changes when she signs a contract.

I read this in one sitting. I ended up reading into the early hours of the morning and I don't regret a second of it. This was a fabulous read and I can't wai
Paganalexandria
Feb 08, 2018 marked it as in-collection-instafreebie
Shelli
Holy Smokes! This was one hot book! This is my favorite book yet by Alta Hensley!

Kenneth is the dirty, kinky, very rich & successful lawyer for the exclusive mens club Spiked Roses. Anita is the sweet, somewhat innocent and naive girl who's just been hired there, after leaving her tiny town in the middle of nowhere. These two are absolutely explosive together! She is stubborn and sassy, and drives him up the wall! He is very uptight and controlling, but makes her feel things she's never felt
Maxine Livingstone
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: e-books-own, romance
An alright read. While reading this story I felt no connection with the characters. Don't get me wrong this story is hot but I just didn't feel anything. The only time I felt anything was when I became annoyed with Anita because she did something that was very stupid and could have gotten her killed. As for Kenny it's not explained as to why he is the way he is. There didn't seem to be no reason for his charter being a cold hearted bastard. The ending could have been better but whatever. I don't ...more
Natalie M
3.75 stars. Interesting premise with solid writing. I didn’t love the characters and I was a bit surprised there was insta-love considering what the h had been put through. The gentleman of Spike Roses have piqued my interest so I may read the other books in the series... specifically Harley Crows story.
Nadine Bookaholic
Jan 29, 2018 marked it as to-read
★★★ ON SALE NOW! ★★★
Bastards & Whiskey by Alta Hensley is ON SALE for only 99c!
Amazon ➤ http://amzn.to/2np8P87
FREE with #Kindle Unlimited

Sipping on whiskey, smoking cigars, and conducting multi-milli
Jess~Two Darlin' Dolls & a Book Review
Alta just keeps delivering stories that pleasure all the senses. Bastards and Whiskey is smooth, dangerous, burns you up and intoxicating to your mind,body and soul. Instantly I was sucked into this world and came out begging for more. No seriously please more.

The story is centered around The Spiked Roses is an exclusive establishement in New Orleans, a gentlemens club for filthiest richest bastards to get whatever there money can buy them from Wall Street rich to mafia to royalty,etc.

The story
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Men who drink hard liquor and buy harder women to do submit to their every wicked perverted desire can be attractive in their amoral power. It is good to be a rich man who can buy anything they want. Kenneth and his circle of powerful friends live a life in excess. They created Spiked Roses to cater to their every sexual whim. Spiked Roses is a decadent brothel that is an HR's nightmare. There are rules to prevent abuse. This flies in the face of what the rich men want. They want no holds bar se ...more
Tanaka K
Holy sweet batman, what has Alta Hensley done to me? My gosh, I am sitting here writing this review and still thinking of how Bastards & Whiskey annihilated my mind, body, soul and heart. Basically, it killed every thing in me but in the best way. What did you to me, Alta Hensley? I tell you this book cast some dark spell on me, possessing me, tantalizing me, consuming me and mesmerizing me. I was in deep from the first page to the last page. Wow, Bastards & Whisky was a book like no oth ...more
Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed on behalf of Book Addict.live,
This describes the membership of Spiked Roses, so I going to talk about Kenneth a Hot shot Lawyer, kinky bastard and a founding member changing the rules to keep down
Krystal
Jan 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Spiked Roses, a gentleman's club owned by six filty rich men, made for equally filty rich men where the word 'NO' doesn't exist.

Bastards and Whiskey was my introduction into Alta Hensleys work and boy did it have me blushing. It brought a whole new meaning to the word smutty.

Kenneth is a filthy rich, dirty, sexy billionaire and one of the owners of Spiked Rose. Anita is confident and sexy, and in desperate need for a job and Spiked Rose just happens to be hiring.

But when she signs a contract t
Konny
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy mother of pearls, what for a ride!
Bastards & Whiskey by Alta Hensley is the first book in the Top Shelf Series.
The Spiked Roses is an exclusive establishement in New Orleans, a gentlemens club.
Kenneth Saxon, hes with Spiked Roses leaves and goes his own way.
And then is there Anita, shes looking for something. Somehow she strands in the Spiked Roses. And now the kinky fun begins.
Bastards & Whiskey has everything I love in a good book, a strong hero, a sweetish heroine, villains, dram
Christi Adkins
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I loved, loved, loved this book. Alta Hensley did an awesome job and I can't wait to read more of this series. I want to learn all I can about these men they are just enthralling and the girls they love are just as interesting. You will not be sorry for starting the Top Shelf series they will leave you yearning for more. Go pick this up now.
Ashley O
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Some parts were slow - there was a lot of internal dialogue I could have done without - but the overall story and the characters were quite lovable - for once I didn't love the ending - it was too cut and dry for me, granted I knew it was going to happen that exact way but still, there were some things said between them that were a bit blah to me, the middle part is where the action happens
Ca Fender
Sep 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Bastards and Whiskey was my first read by Alta Hensley. Heed the warning that this is a dark read prior to reading it.
I cannot warn enough that this is a very dark book dealing with men that will not accept no for an answer.
Here's the quote that stuck out the most for me in this one, "even if we don't hire a whore, we'll still pay for the sex one way or the other."
Tanya
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I got into this series after reading an anthology containing part of this story/series. After reading that little bit I NEEDED more. Young, naïve Anita and cunning, ruthless Kenneth make for a wondeful dark story with some hot sexy time.
Ally Vance
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well I was thirsty for more before I even finished chapter one!

This was nothing like what I expected to read after having this sitting on my TBR for waaay too long and the blurb. It was so much better! A hefty dose of darkness, with a splash of fear and a plot that couldnt wet ny mouth no matter how fast I drank it in.

Kenneth is a rich Bastard with expensive whiskey that at times I wanted to throw on him. He had an extraordinarily dark allure to him, a cold exterior warmed by the burn of whiskey
Tyi
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You better have a clear mind before you sign a contract at Spiked Roses. They don't play around with their reputation and definitely not their money. If they choose to want to play, it will be their way. There is no such thing as no when you signed on dotted line, especially in blood.

Kenneth was man that truly didn't want to mess with. He took business seriously. He took even more seriously than his partners at Spiked Roses. I don't think Kenneth thought the new hire, Anita, would give him a run
Chasidy
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Alta Hensley delivers another 5 star read with Bastards & Whiskey.

Kenneth, one word comes to mind when I think of him....bastard. He along with his partners run a members only establishment called Spiked Roses. He likes everything kept in order. He doesn't bank on their newest employee changing the game completely.

Anita has been dealt a crap hand her own life. She is given the opportunity to escape the no where town she's grown up to go to New Orleans. She's hired at an exclusive bar calle
Kimberly
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by Alta Hensley. I knew when I wanted to read this book it was gonna be down right dirty and it delivered. It was dirty, and it was delicious. The characters were colorful, and in some ways off putting. However I don't know if it was just me, but at the end everything seemed a little rushed, and everything was tied in a nice little bow. You go from eff you to eh maybe I like you, to, lets be in love. So it was just a little disconcerting is all. Otherwise I liked this book ...more
Expresso-Girls Just Wanna Have Books  ; A Mafia Romance
3.5 stars!

I love the title of this story! When I came across the title, I knew there would be countless "wooooooosa" moments!

The men of the Spiked Roses club set the mood of the story. The members only club for the rich and elite are total butt wipes! Their sense of entitlement boggles the mind!

Enters Anita and Kenneth. Two people from opposite ends of the spectrum. Do you remember the old adage about opposites? These two have it in spades!

Lots happen before things settle. Some happen a bit qui
Janee_dark&eroticreads4me
BASTARDS & WHISKEY, yep it was full of those that's for sure!

It was also full of strong female characters, super hot sex and a gentlemans club that bordered on questionable?

I loved this story, it had me from beginning to end with its fast paced storyline and interesting characters. We meet Anita Ryan, a young woman who has grown up in the middle of bumfuck-nowhere, raised by her grandparents in a trailer camped out behind an abandoned gas station.
Anita is befriended by an elderly lady, Virgi
Dora Ruiz Davalos Books and Tequila Blog
4.5 Stars
Bastards and Whiskey is the first book in a new series, Top Shelf. I loved the concept of the Spiked Roses, an exclusive, men’s only membership club, set in New Orleans. The story moves along at a brisk, page turning pace and the end will give us the happy sigh we love in our romance novels. But, beware! There’s a little taboo in the story for those of us that like to wander into the dark side.

Anita Kyle’s had a rough life growing up in Muckaluk, Nevada. It can barely be called a town i
Alta Hensley is a USA TODAY bestselling author of hot, dark and dirty romance. She is also an Amazon Top 100 bestselling author. Being a multi-published author in the romance genre, Alta is known for her dark, gritty alpha heroes, sometimes sweet love stories, taboo undertones, and engaging tales of the constant struggle between dominance and submission.

Alta also loves to connect with her readers

Top Shelf (4 books)
  • Villains & Vodka (Top Shelf #2)
  • Scoundrels & Scotch (Top Shelf #3)
  • Devils & Rye (Top Shelf #4)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
  • The Boy I Hate
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Every Little Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Girls of Mischief Bay (Mischief Bay, #1)
  • Happy All the Time
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Devil's Cut (The Bourbon Kings, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99