Start by marking “Bastards & Whiskey (Top Shelf #1)” as Want to Read:
Bastards & Whiskey (Top Shelf #1)

Bastards & Whiskey

(Top Shelf #1)

I sit amongst the Presidents, Royalty, the Captains of Industry, and the wealthiest fucks in the world.

We own Spiked Roses—an exclusive, membership only establishment in New Orleans where money or lineage is the only way in. It is for the gentlemen who own everything and never hear the word no.

Sipping on whiskey, smoking cigars, and conducting multi-million dollar deals
Published September 16th 2017 (first published September 15th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Bastards & Whiskey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bastards & Whiskey

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

descriptionI adore the cover of this one. A fabulous representation of the story. Great use of graphics. Excellent composition and eye-catching title work. A fantastic cover for an excellent book.description

descriptionSometimes when I finish a book all I really want to write is "I LOVED IT" or "IT WAS REALLY GOOD" and leave it at that. Alas, since I was graciously given an advance copy I will try to put into words how utterly enjoyable I found this one to be...

This book pretty much checked every mark for me. It was well written
Denisa
1.5 It's not you, it's me

this gif might be too much but I couldn't help myself

Ok, so I understand a lot of things and I'm pretty tolerant but this book was just annoying!

Don't get me wrong, I try not to judge sexual stuff ((view spoiler)), but everything felt like it was a tad too much, like the author was trying too hard (and well, it didn't really work out for her).

The chick seemed ok at first then she became an annoyi
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
A pleasure club owned by billionaires -Kenneth Saxon, Harley Crow, Victor Drayton, Mathew Price , Lennon Wolf & Prince Roman Cassian

description
We owned Spiked Roses—an exclusive, membership only establishment in New Orleans.Sipping on top shelf booze, smoking exotic cigars, and conducting multi-million dollar deals in our own personal playground of indulgence, there wasn’t anything we couldn’t have

There's debauchery and sexual fetishes coming to life . Kinks are as easily accepted as Rare old whiskey .
Kate's Corner
Bastards & Whiskey. Harlots & Diamonds.

Overall I really enjoyed this read. It is very entertaining and held my interest all the way throughout the book. I had to push past the first chapter as all of the billionaires were entitled, depraved and just pains in the neck. The Hero of this book Kenneth held my interest the most so I prevailed and am really glad that I did continue.

Six billionaires have gotten together and created gentlemen’s club Spiked Roses where each desire and kink can
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Bastards & Whiskey (TOP SHELF #1)
By: Alta Hensley
4 Stars

After reading a shortened version of this story in the Royally Mine Anthology, I was so glad to hear that Alta Hensley would be giving us more. This is the first book of getting more and what a hot book it was!!

Spiked Roses is a member only men’s club. A place for rich men to go to where they can have anything and everything. The word NO does not exist. After Spiked Roses has had a bad run on law suits, things must change.

Contracts are
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
3.5 “I fucking love the way you hate” stars!
Bunnycore
“I hate you”

“Good because I love the way you hate”

Okay y’all I bought this one on a whim because well Hensley co-wrong Snow and the Seven Huntsmen and I enjoyed that book so yet bought this and gobbled it up. I will admit that in the beginning I was not feeling but I am not going to blame this on the writing or the book. I was in a deep, deep book rut and I didn’t think there was anything that was going to pull me out.

I.Was.Wrong. This did it, I don’t know why or how but it did it in spades. I w
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

To be honest, I didn't read any of these books in the Top Shelf series when they first came out. Number five had just come out when I finally decided to read them. I won't say I feel like I missed a lot, BUT I will say that I did enjoy these stories.

I didn't know what I was getting into by reading these books. I went in blind even after all this time. I didn't want to know. I just bought or downloaded them on to my kindle with unlimited. Moreover, I have to say that I am happy I did it this wa
〰️Beth〰️
A little to insta love for a “darker” romance but a good read
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Men who drink hard liquor and buy harder women to do submit to their every wicked perverted desire can be attractive in their amoral power. It is good to be a rich man who can buy anything they want. Kenneth and his circle of powerful friends live a life in excess. They created Spiked Roses to cater to their every sexual whim. Spiked Roses is a decadent brothel that is an HR's nightmare. There are rules to prevent abuse. This flies in the face of what the rich men want. They want no holds bar se ...more
April Symes
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bastards & Whiskey (TOP SHELF #1)—this was a novella in the Royally Mine Anthology and was expanded. Spiked Roses is a member only men’s club. Kenneth is a kinky, filthy, super rich & successful lawyer for the exclusive men’s club called Spiked Roses. Anita is the very innocent and very sweet, and naive girl who's just been hired there. When these two get together, its like dynamite and electric heat rolled into one. He’s all ALPHA and she submits. He makes her feel things she has never ...more
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
I've read a few of this authors stories and this has now become my favourite of hers.

Spiked Roses is an exclusive membership only establishment for gentlemen in New Orleans. This book tells the story of Kenneth Saxon a wealthy lawyer and one of the founding members of Spiked Roses and of Anita who's life changes when she signs a contract.

I read this in one sitting. I ended up reading into the early hours of the morning and I don't regret a second of it. This was a fabulous read and I can't wai
Natalia
Dec 11, 2017 rated it did not like it
If I haven't read the 2nd book before this one I would not continue with the series.

I'm against violence but help me god I really want to slap Anita... Several times... Annoying, envious, greedy character...
Kenneth was a pussy (his one words)

Really liked 2nd book, this was a bust...
ILoveToRead
Feb 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
SKIP IT

What a wasted opportunity this book is. As it was being promoted/hailed as a dark romance, I figured I'd give it a go. The story of Anita and Kenneth began exciting enough. The poor as dirt Podunk Anita with her kick ass attitude who is longing for more excitement in her life, and with the help of the woman she is taking care of, decides to move to New Orleans. She begins working at Spiked Roses (a gentleman's club that caters to men with fetishes and kinks), managed by Kenneth who is one
Shelli
Holy Smokes! This was one hot book! This is my favorite book yet by Alta Hensley!

Kenneth is the dirty, kinky, very rich & successful lawyer for the exclusive mens club Spiked Roses. Anita is the sweet, somewhat innocent and naive girl who's just been hired there, after leaving her tiny town in the middle of nowhere. These two are absolutely explosive together! She is stubborn and sassy, and drives him up the wall! He is very uptight and controlling, but makes her feel things she's never felt
Maxine Livingstone
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, e-books-own
An alright read. While reading this story I felt no connection with the characters. Don't get me wrong this story is hot but I just didn't feel anything. The only time I felt anything was when I became annoyed with Anita because she did something that was very stupid and could have gotten her killed. As for Kenny it's not explained as to why he is the way he is. There didn't seem to be no reason for his charter being a cold hearted bastard. The ending could have been better but whatever. I don't ...more
Natalie M
3.75 stars. Interesting premise with solid writing. I didn’t love the characters and I was a bit surprised there was insta-love considering what the h had been put through. The gentleman of Spike Roses have piqued my interest so I may read the other books in the series... specifically Harley Crows story.
Nadine Bookaholic
Jan 29, 2018 marked it as to-read
★★★ ON SALE NOW! ★★★
Bastards & Whiskey by Alta Hensley is ON SALE for only 99c!
Amazon ➤ http://amzn.to/2np8P87
FREE with #Kindle Unlimited

Sipping on whiskey, smoking cigars, and conducting multi-milli
Jess~Two Darlin' Dolls & a Book Review
Alta just keeps delivering stories that pleasure all the senses. Bastards and Whiskey is smooth, dangerous, burns you up and intoxicating to your mind,body and soul. Instantly I was sucked into this world and came out begging for more. No seriously please more.

The story is centered around The Spiked Roses is an exclusive establishement in New Orleans, a gentlemens club for filthiest richest bastards to get whatever there money can buy them from Wall Street rich to mafia to royalty,etc.

The story
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
My first read from this author. But I always give new-to-me authors another chance. Like they say, no two readers read the same book. Or something like that.

This one lacked any kind of emotional response in me. I usually love fast-paced reads, but this one didn't hit the mark. I'm kinda sad because this could've been a solid 4 or 5 star read. I loved the idea with the club and even the special nights... Anti-heroes are my jam! The only character I loved was Tennessee. Girl, write his book, plea
Diane
Nov 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
Reading the excerpt for this book I was very excited, I thought this was going to be a great series, I'm very disappointed. The characters were unlikable with contradictory personalities and absolutely nothing in the plot line indicated the insta-love that materialized out of thin air. And the sex scenes...well... This book wasn't dark, it was just...I feel like a need a shower.

I dislike doing reviews like this because I know indie authors work really hard, but this one completely missed the mar
Tanaka K
Holy sweet batman, what has Alta Hensley done to me? My gosh, I am sitting here writing this review and still thinking of how Bastards & Whiskey annihilated my mind, body, soul and heart. Basically, it killed every thing in me but in the best way. What did you to me, Alta Hensley? I tell you this book cast some dark spell on me, possessing me, tantalizing me, consuming me and mesmerizing me. I was in deep from the first page to the last page. Wow, Bastards & Whisky was a book like no oth ...more
Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed on behalf of Book Addict.live,
This describes the membership of Spiked Roses, so I going to talk about Kenneth a Hot shot Lawyer, kinky bastard and a founding member changing the rules to keep down
Krystal
Jan 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Spiked Roses, a gentleman's club owned by six filty rich men, made for equally filty rich men where the word 'NO' doesn't exist.

Bastards and Whiskey was my introduction into Alta Hensleys work and boy did it have me blushing. It brought a whole new meaning to the word smutty.

Kenneth is a filthy rich, dirty, sexy billionaire and one of the owners of Spiked Rose. Anita is confident and sexy, and in desperate need for a job and Spiked Rose just happens to be hiring.

But when she signs a contract t
Konny
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy mother of pearls, what for a ride!
Bastards & Whiskey by Alta Hensley is the first book in the Top Shelf Series.
The Spiked Roses is an exclusive establishement in New Orleans, a gentlemens club.
Kenneth Saxon, hes with Spiked Roses leaves and goes his own way.
And then is there Anita, shes looking for something. Somehow she strands in the Spiked Roses. And now the kinky fun begins.
Bastards & Whiskey has everything I love in a good book, a strong hero, a sweetish heroine, villains, dram
Christi Adkins
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I loved, loved, loved this book. Alta Hensley did an awesome job and I can't wait to read more of this series. I want to learn all I can about these men they are just enthralling and the girls they love are just as interesting. You will not be sorry for starting the Top Shelf series they will leave you yearning for more. Go pick this up now.
Ashley
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Some parts were slow - there was a lot of internal dialogue I could have done without - but the overall story and the characters were quite lovable - for once I didn't love the ending - it was too cut and dry for me, granted I knew it was going to happen that exact way but still, there were some things said between them that were a bit blah to me, the middle part is where the action happens
Tanya
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I got into this series after reading an anthology containing part of this story/series. After reading that little bit I NEEDED more. Young, naïve Anita and cunning, ruthless Kenneth make for a wondeful dark story with some hot sexy time.
Christina  Fender
Sep 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Bastards and Whiskey was my first read by Alta Hensley. Heed the warning that this is a dark read prior to reading it.
I cannot warn enough that this is a very dark book dealing with men that will not accept no for an answer.
Here's the quote that stuck out the most for me in this one, "even if we don't hire a whore, we'll still pay for the sex one way or the other."
Ally Vance
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
Well I was thirsty for more before I even finished chapter one!

This was nothing like what I expected to read after having this sitting on my TBR for waaay too long and the blurb. It was so much better! A hefty dose of darkness, with a splash of fear and a plot that couldnt wet ny mouth no matter how fast I drank it in.

Kenneth is a rich Bastard with expensive whiskey that at times I wanted to throw on him. He had an extraordinarily dark allure to him, a cold exterior warmed by the burn of whiskey

• The Waltz (Sexual Awakenings, #1)
  • True Colours (You Don't Know Me, #2)
  • Dom Fever (Devlin Black #2)
  • Mr. Sugar
  • The Other Brother Part 2: Taboo
  • Denying Mr. Parks (Parks #1)
  • The Goodbye Girl (Red Market, #2)
  • Broken (Voyeur Book 3)
  • unStrapped (Strapped, #3)
  • Bite Me, Daddy
  • Security Binds Her (Thalia, #1)
  • Queen In Play (The Manhattan Tales #2)
  • Ripple Effect (Ripple Effect, #1-4)
  • Cruel Boundaries (Boundaries, #1.5)
  • The Punishment of Ivy Leavold (Markham Hall, #3)
  • With Ties That Bind (With Ties That Bind: Broken Bonds #1)
  • The Villain (The Villain #1)
  • Cirque de Minuit (Cirque Masters, #1)
Alta Hensley is a USA TODAY bestselling author of hot, dark and dirty romance. She is also an Amazon Top 100 bestselling author. Being a multi-published author in the romance genre, Alta is known for her dark, gritty alpha heroes, sometimes sweet love stories, taboo undertones, and engaging tales of the constant struggle between dominance and submission.

Alta also loves to connect with her readers

Top Shelf (5 books)
  • Villains & Vodka (Top Shelf #2)
  • Scoundrels & Scotch (Top Shelf #3)
  • Devils & Rye (Top Shelf #4)
  • Beasts & Bourbon