Start by marking “Deserted by God” as Want to Read:
Deserted by God

Deserted by God

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  48 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Deserted by God? begins with the question "Can Anyone Help Me?" and draws on the experience of the psalmists in the Old Testament to help us to being to understand the ways of God. It shows how others have walked the same pathway before us. They provide us with wisdom which will lead us to the conviction of the closing chapter that we are 'Never Deserted'.
Published 1996 by Banner of Truth Trust (first published December 31st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Deserted by God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deserted by God

Sylvia
Dec 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I appreciated the author's care in writing out all of the Psalms used in this book. Indeed, he even reprinted individual sections as he covered them. It may have added a few pages, but sending the reader dashing back and forth into a Bible to check references was not appropriate for this work. This is one indication of the pastoral hand that was applied here.
Chuck Bonadies
Sep 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
A nice reflection on a selection of Psalms. A heart-felt devotion for those who feel that God has abandoned them.

Dennis Thurman
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sooner or later, we will feel deserted by God. Sinclair Ferguson deals Biblically and practically with this subject. The exposition is clear and the language very readable and encouraging. You will find help and comfort in this book.
Amanda
Ferguson teaches how to deal with feeling abandoned by God by looking at several of the psalms of lament and what they can teach us. Short and easy to read book, but profound and worth a read.
Trudy Pomerantz
Aug 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: piety
This has taken me a while to finish - mainly because I put it aside and then decided the best thing to do would be to start again. It does not contain anything startling or amazing, but was a good reminder that the best way to handle difficulties in life is through being in the Word. He is also consistently (at least through out this book) NOT prosperity gospel. I have been thinking about the whole issue of prosperity gospel lately, and have reached the conclusion that, in practice, the majority ...more
Sarah Johnston
Nov 13, 2011 rated it liked it
I am loving this book so far! It's really speaking to me in my current season. A great verse from the second chapter:

"Let him who walks in darkness and has no light, trust in the name of the Lord and rely on his God. " AMEN!
Tom
Joan
Dec 04, 2014
Terry
Jan 04, 2013
Sinclair B. Ferguson is Associate Preacher at St Peter's Free Church in Dundee and also Distinguished Visiting Professor of Systematic Theology at Westminster Theological Seminary, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He was Senior Minister of First Presbyterian Church of Columbia, South Carolina and prior to that, he was minister of St. George's-Tron Church in Glasgow.
More about Sinclair B. Ferguson