Start by marking “Antidote (Love and War, #1)” as Want to Read:
Antidote (Love and War, #1)

Antidote

(Love and War #1)

They're fighting the same battle. They just don't know it yet.

Skye Chantrell has just escaped a war zone.

She's carrying the stolen antidote to a deadly bioweapon.

When her damaged shuttle crashes on a remote lunar outpost, she's captured by the leader of a rogue group of barbaric aliens. Now her people's survival-not to mention her own-rests in the hands of the Seven System
Audible Audio, Unabridged Audiobook
Published August 29th 2017 by R. A. Steffan (first published July 29th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Antidote, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Antidote

Shari Kay
May 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
3.5 ✭ New to me author with an easy writing style...may round up, haven't decided yet. Another GR rating fail.

I went into this a bit leery because of Steffan's backlog of polyamorous books and I do not do sharing in my romances, but Antidote was perfectly safe. I liked it enough that I'm looking into her Circle of Blood series as it appears to be M/F.

So...Skye's father is a scientist who has been captured by the evil Regime and forced to create a biochemical that will kill only the humans living
Marta Cox
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Three and a half
Skye and Hunter are the couple who dominate this book but I actually found myself wanting to know more about the supporting characters. It's a sci fi romance but the plot about the humans being in danger of annihilation had great possibilities. Our heroine has the formula for the antidote to a biological weapon devised by her own father but has to find help and that's where Hunter and his co horts come in.
This had all the elements of what could be a very interesting space opera.
Mari (Smut Duchess)
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.25 ***

I liked this sci fi audio book. Skye is a human accountant living under a strict political regime who's majority is made up of aliens. Her father's a scientist who has been coerced into developing a bio weapon to kill humans. Along with the bio weapon he also creates the antidote. As Skye escapes with the antidote but crash lands on a moon that happens to be occupied with rebels. Working together they come up with a plan to disperse the antidote and strike a blow against the Regime. I th
LAB☺
May 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
This was pretty good, but a little too "insta-love" for me.
Serena Buffaloe
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful start !!

I enjoyed book ! Wasn't quite sure what to expect, but what I got was action , adventure , suspense , and even some laughter ! The characters feed off of each other in the most delightful ways , and I am looking forward to more on the this series i!!
Punkin
Hmm

Interesting premise. Major instalove with random alien proclivities. Likeable characters. SHrug on the conflict. No interest in the second. .
Lindap
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars - I enjoyed this story.

Skye Chantrall is thrust into a deadly situation by her father. He was scientist who was taken and forced to create a poison that will only effect the humans in the Capital of the Vithii Regime. This wasn't something he wanted to do, so he secretly created an antidote to the poison. Only problem is he has to get it into the right hands so this genocide is stopped. He places it on a chip and uses Skye to get it off the planet. Only she doesn't make her destination.

H
TheCuriousOtter
Aug 03, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
Despite this being a very interesting idea, i felt there were too many conflicting characterizations. Unfortunately this book didn't do it for me.
Julie
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a solid scifi adventure romance from an author whose works have been in the fantasy genre. What we have here is a human (Skye) trying to bring the antidote (book title) to people how can help get it out before the story’s big bad can release it onto the unsuspecting public. Skye’s damaged shuttle lands with the aliens (the humanoid-looking Vithii) she’s been conditioned to think are the enemy. This almost Robin Hood like band of miscreants (Yes, it’s lampshaded in the story) try to help ...more
Angela Lover  of all Books No Matter How Horrid They Are ❤❂☠
I received this audiobook in exchange for an honest review.

I have to admit that when I first received this audiobook I was 100% excited!!! I love Sci-Fi and I love finding new authors and I love a new take and new 'aliens'. I love that Earth was not the planet that the humans were on. I would have loved a back story on this new world and how humans and 'aliens' came to live on one planet.

I love Sky and Hunter. I loved the fact that it was not an instant love fest. They did not meet fall into bed
Pam
Jun 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating 2.5 stars. I felt it could have been much better. Not really much world or character building. Just enough to hold you for a moment. More about the science than action. I was disappointed about that fact. Was hoping for an adventure. I did not know how humans came to live on this planet and so dominated. Nothing was really explained. Bit by bit we learned a little about the Shadow Wing crew, but still too many holes. Because of this, I'm not moving forward with the series. I had more ques ...more
JodyL
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Skye's father worked as a scientist for the "Regime". He was forced to make a biological weapon that would kill all of the humans in the Capital City. He designed an antidote to be used against the weapon. Her father gave her the formula hidden electronically in an earring right before they killed him. Skye then runs and crashes a stolen spaceship. She is saved by a group of Vithii(alien) and a cyborg that were hiding on the small planet.
Hunter is the leader of the rebel group that does anything
Sue Davis
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very Enjoyable Story,Well Worth Reading Over 18+READING

A young woman has been charged by her father to escape with the antidote to a virus to kill all the humans while her foster brother tried to lead them away with a fake antidote. She happened to be accidentally crash through a wormhole and landed right where she really needed to be . Skye didn't know it when she came to after they healed her from the crash. The Lithii leader of this group who are fighting the Regime is Hunter who is said to b
Stephanie
Good but could be better

Good story but there wasn’t enough world-building for me. I’m getting the feeling that there are other novels out there that contain the information I’m looking for, but how would I have known that? The title and description are misleading - it’s the first book, so it should contain more information re: setting. Plus it’s said it could be read as a stand-alone novel. It can, but there are too many questions unanswered for that to be an accurate and acceptable description.
Jocelyne
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in the Love and War Series. I really love R.A. Steffan's writing, she never disappoints. This is a great Sci-Fi Romance, entertaining, with great and complex world and wonderful characters. I love Skye and Hunter's story and I loved to follow them in their journey. I can't wait for the next book in the Series. The narration was really well done and easy to listen, as always with Gwendolyn Druyor. She does a great job with all the characters and accents. I enjoyed my listen ...more
Eniko
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
AUDIOBOOK edition

I enjoyed listening to this story where a group of rebels of the alien race is saving humans from total annihilation by helping out a human fugitive in her quest. The story is intense from the start and engaging throughout, so I found myself cheering them on and urging the main characters to 'see' what was there they should see, that they were mates. Loved Hunter and Skye is his perfect match. It ends in HEA which is the best.

My first listen from Ms. Druyor, she has a very emoti
BJ
Jun 06, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: good
I liked this adventure, and the H and his 'gang' were a great mixed bag with different abilities. Looks like a lot of potential for an interesting series. The H is tough, and she was not. She's human and ill equipped to try to convince the H to help her save other humans from genocide by an evil regime. His friends are sceptical because they can see he's bonding to her. She's an alien to them, and in her grief and fear, she lashes out at them. While I liked the adventure, I missed feeling any lo ...more
Jennifer Martin
This book was something new. Aliens, space travel, saving the human race. Alien's fighting against their own kind to help a little human.. love, trust, desire.. fun interesting book. Will be reading the next one.
Helen Howard
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Paranormal Fiction at it's best.

Started this book and could not put it down. A group of characters joined together to form a tight loving family. Looking forward to the next book.
Trish Jackson
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great writing, great story and great read!

Really enjoyed this book. The story went quickly and the characters were multi-year and complex. Looking forward to reading the rest of the books.
Ashley Hedden
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Antidote by RA Stefan was a great read. Skye has escaped a war zone with a stolen antidote to a bio weapon. She is captured by a group of aliens. Now she needs to find a way to save her people. This was a great read.
Ashley
Why did I wait so long to read this book!

I loved everything about this book. It was a perfect blend of romance, action, pain, and saving the world.
Jo
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sci fi romance with a save the humans twist.
Elizabeth McDaniel
Good read

Ooh! Good read! Interesting story line! Loved the spunky characters and their camaraderie. Loved bed the cohesiveness of the story with the characters.
Pat W
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely outstanding

Wow this book was exciting and thrilling. The characters were great and the storyline was superb. This book is not to be missed. I cannot wait to read more
Jackie
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great book. Just loved this new genre of book for me. Intriguing until the end, read for more .
L. Michele
Mindless entertainment. Precisely what I was looking for.
Valerie Sloan
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Antidote

Loved the storyline and perhaps there really someone for everyone. Even unlikely beings can be heroes given the right circumstances
Stace
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I very much enjoyed this well written story with excellent character development and world building. My first by Steffan and I look forward to reading the rest of the series.
Yvette Nemec
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. Just...wow.

Brilliant reading. Edgy and delicate and just all around a good book. Glad I got em all....will have to look at the authors other books!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
USA Today bestselling author R. A. Steffan lives in a very boring (but pretty) part of flyover country in the Midwestern US. When she’s not busy writing stories about people loving each other in all sorts of different and interesting ways, she can be found taking care of her small menagerie of critters.

A rebel to the core, she is currently sticking it to the man by illegally harboring ducks within

Love and War (3 books)
  • Antigen (Love and War, #2)
  • Antibody (Love and War #3)