Start by marking “Scoring the Quarterback (The San Diegan, #2)” as Want to Read:
Scoring the Quarterback (The San Diegan, #2)

Scoring the Quarterback

(San Diegan #2)

Luke Caldwell has three abhorrent qualities to him:
1) He's a pig-headed jock.
2) He's a grade A asshole with the biggest, overbearing ego.
3) He's a manwhore.

These three qualities alone should've had me running for the hills. I tried to steer clear of him, I really did, but it was an impossible feat. Luke Caldwell was nothing if not persistent, and the way he bulldozed t
ebook, 1st Edition, 350 pages
Published May 15th 2018

Start your review of Scoring the Quarterback (The San Diegan, #2)
-S♡
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
★4 Stars! Scoring The Quarterback.... Is an intriguing page turner!
I can’t stop loving him even if I wanted to, and I don’t want to try. Luke Caldwell is the man who stole my soul and heart.

description

Contemporary? College? Frenemies to lovers? Romance?!?
Yes! I enjoyed this book so much!
Scoring The Quarterback is a slow burn. It is without a doubt entertaining, well written, sizzling and most of all..it is refreshing.
You will laugh at the funny banter. Melt at the heartwarming moments.
And truly feel fo
Paige
Apr 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, arcs, new-adult
3 “Player” Stars

Scoring the Quarterback is one of the books that hardcore fans of NA will devour. It really has all the makings of the traditional NA formula in which the angst and banter and (mis)communication take center stage. Plus the hate to friends to love sets the stage for a new adult whirlwind. And while it really takes a lot for me to feel connected to this troupe lately, big fans will probably really enjoy Luke and Natalia’s back and forth.

I voluntarily read an ARC of this book.
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sports, na-ya-college
This book is EVERYTHING I love about NA reads. It's not just friends to lovers - it's better - it's enemies to friends to lovers!!! The NA Holy Trinity ❤️❤️❤️

Luke and Natalia drove me totally insane for parts of this story - in the very best possible way!! It's a DELICIOUS slowburn - my favourite kind of read. My "make my heart happy" kind of book.

I raged at my IPad, then I got all smiley, then I was broken hearted, then I laughed, then I raged some more & so on ... Gah!! So much going on that
hugsandcookies
I looooove it!!!!

I'm so glad that this story is everything from beginning to the end, that you'd read about YA college romance. It has everything you love about and be angry about. So with this story I love the characters Natalia and Luke their POVs their amazing and funny friends that totally makes this story worth the rating I gave to a story that brings beyond the so called hate to friends and then to lovers, but without a story like this you sure can expect drama and tears.
Fiona Cole
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You remember the first time you read a NA book that just made you so freaking excited and addicted to the genre and you couldn’t get enough. The very first one. That first time feeling that is thrilling and every reader wants to repeat.

This is it.

I was holding my breath and falling in love with this book. I can’t recommend it enough. I’ve missed this feeling so much and will be forever devoted to SM Soto fo giving it to me!
Alla
This one deserves a little bit more than 3 stars, so lets go for 3.5 ;)
It was angsty at times and I did find myself wanting to kick someone´s ass a time or two, but overall a good book and it kept me interested.
Snow
This had the right amount of NA drama, and angst...fuck, did it make me itchy with palpitations...

But mainly, I was kinda disappointed with the 'reasoning' of the main character...*sigh*

Yeah, sure...I can understand the fact that people make mistakes...and hopefuly you learn from them...

But here, he 'purposely' made the 'mistake' that broke heroine's heart, so he could show her that she doesn't deserve him...

What the ever lovin fuck, man?!

Now, that kind of "reasoning" pisses the fuck out of me a
Bookgasms Book Blog
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
Gahh!! Anyone who knows me knows that football romances are my kryptonite. I devour them in one sitting and can't reach for another one fast enough. And the fact that it was also an enemies to lovers romance? I was Sold!! So when I saw the blurb for Scoring the Quarterback I knew I had to read it. I loved Luke and Natalia. They were sexy, funny and their friendship was amazing.

S.M. Soto is a new to me author. While it this is the second book in the San Diego series, this is a complete standalone
Anne OK
May 03, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
Similar to so many others. Standard college campus romance between the star football player and the nerdy girl, who ties him in knots after a ton of angst goes down. This one definitely had a little too much repetition in the scenes from chapter to chapter. I wasn't sure if I even liked either the h or the H. Finally decided to let them score an "E" for effort.

Not the best I've ever read, not the worst either. Just so-so and at times fun to read with the witty sassy dialogue.
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
description

Scoring the Quarterback is the second book in The San Diegan series by S.M. Soto and I really wanted to love it. I definitely enjoyed it more than the first one–the vibe was totally different, lighter, funny, less angsty.

The fact that I didn't love the book doesn't reflect the author's writing—which was great. My problem lies with Natalia. I did like her in the first book, but sometimes you just don't click and there's nothing you can do about it. And don't let me start talking about Sam... tha
Vanessa (nessreads)
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 “Player” Stars

Ahhh, I don’t know what to do with myself. As soon as I started reading this book, I could not put it down. The pages were flying at how fast I was turning them. When I reached a crucial part it didn’t matter that it was after midnight, Sleep? Sleep could wait, I had to know what was going to happen. And I knew I was going to finish this book in one sitting.

Natalia’s main focus is going to school. She doesn’t have time for anything else other than to study and going to work. A
Tiffany Readz
Score one for S.M. Soto!

This week was my lucky week, two super cute, funny and sexy sports romances. First it was Jock Row by Sara Ney and now Scoring the Quarterback by S.M. Soto. I absolutely loved the dynamic between Luke and Natalia in this story.

Average girl, super sports guy, they meet, hate each other and that is that. Nope, not with this book. Our average girl, Natalia, meets the superstar quarterback Luke while picking up her sister at a frat party. Sure she knows all about him, but to
Michelle
May 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: college
3 Stars!
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Luke, the man whore football player. Natalia, the book loving nerd. Two polar opposites. Luke wants her... bad, but winning Natalia over is going to take some effort. She’s not going to fall at his feet just because he plays ball.
I really enjoyed this read. It made me laugh and cry, always a sign of a good book in my view.
Rhonda Ziglar
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 SLOW-BURN STARS!! A beautiful slow-burn romance story. This story is full of angst, fun banter, sexy times, drama and fantastic characters. We met Natalia and Luke in the first book, The Darkest Hour which was phenomenal too. I could not wait to read Natalia and Luke's story, they were so opposite of each other, but their chemistry was off the charts. S.M. Soto's writing is flawless and what a storyteller she is, you will never want her books to end. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader co ...more
Nadine Wilmschen
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: college, n-a, football, sports
2 stars

I really liked the beginning, but everything that happened at the end (the big conflict before the HEA) was just stupid.

This story shows why many readers run away screaming when it comes to New Adult. I understand that sometimes people make stupid decisions, but what happens here is on the verge of ridicule. This whole "I'm not good enough for you" thing is taken to a new level. I will not spoil, but you should be prepared to roll your eyes very often (very very often!)
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description
This college sports romance was amazing. From the very beginning I loved it. The banter and dialog back and forth between Luke and Natalia was so entertaining as they got to know each other. They were very funny frienemies. I loved the way things developed between them. The slow burn and evolution of their relationship made for a great read.

The secondary characters definitely contributed to the story as well. Support system, sounding board, bad idea provider, and sometimes just seemingly to men
Wendy Livingstone
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing college romance story this is! I loved Luke and Natalie and their humorous banter. There is angst in this story as well, all of which had be captivated throughout. This story is certainly a page turner, and I cannot wait to read more from this author.
Whoo Gives A Hoot
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
Scoring the Quarterback is my first S.M. Soto read and I must say that I really enjoyed every second of this story! Now that I've read this one I can't wait to go back and read the first book in this standalone series!

Luke and Natalia's back and forth bantering had me going crazy (in the best way possible) at times and I couldn't get enough of these two. This book gave me that slow-burn kind a feel and I really enjoyed the character development t
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
Holy crap this book had my emotions running the gamete. This book had me from the first page. Two completely opposite people bringing out the best in one another. Forming a friendship that the more time you spend with each other turns into more but would it ever work?

These two and the banter they had was highly entertaining. The attraction that built throughout the story was so good and the anger that this book brought out in me, oh lord. I the ups and downs on my emotions, oh lord, I wasn't su
Brittany from Can’t Quit Books
Natalia is a girl who wants to study and go to school. She doesn’t have time for anything else.

Luke is a playboy quarterback who uses women as stress relief and never goes back for seconds. His goal is the NFL, and he doesn’t have a plan B. He is cocky, arrogant, and says whatever crude comment is on his mind.

Overtime, these two develop feelings for each other, but they try to hold off on acting on the attraction.

The first portion of the book is written from Natalia’s POV, but you can tell wh
Britt The Red Hatter Book Blog
I’ve always loved a good college football romance, but S.M. Soto has taken that to a whole new level with Scoring The Quarterback! This enemies to lovers, slow burn, with just the right amount of angst to keep your heart pounding read had me hooked right from the start. I devoured this in one sitting. You couldn’t have pulled me away if you tried. Delving deeper than just nerdy girl meets football star, Scoring The Quarterback packs is full of real emotion with characters that work their way rig ...more
Denise ☾ Chatterbooks Book Blog ☾
✨ DREAMY’S REVIEW ✨

Scoring the Quarterback is a sports, fenemies to lovers romance and everything I love about New Adult! Angsty with some drama and heat! YUM!

A total page turner, Natalia and Luke had my attention loud and clear! I love how these two were clear opposites and even though it was hard to see their attraction and chemistry at first, S.M. Soto gives a flow where you fall in love with her characters and their story being told!

Natalia is the total bookworm while Luke is the arrogant
Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Amazing book! 5 Stars!

I truly loved everything about this book. It was not your typical college romance story. The H/h did not just jump into bed together. In fact their relationship was a steamy, slow burn. Just how I hoped it would be. The slow pace of their developing relationship was perfect. Natalia and Luke don't get off to a perfect start. He is the arrogant star football player, man whore and she is the quiet, independent, hard-working student. Total opposites.

What I enjoyed was how Luk
Samantha I Love HEA Romance Book Blog
I love college romances! I also love a good NA romance, and this book tick most of my 'must-have' boxes! The book was intriguing and a really good read. I was captivated by the story, and the emotions swirling inside the covers of this book.

There was a bit of push and pull between the main characters. I must admit that there was a couple of times I wondered what the hero was thinking saying a couple of things he said but all in all this was a good book. The chemistry between the characters was
Clau
Feb 05, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle-mobi
More like 1.5 ⭐️
The truth is, it could have been better. The main characters, Natalia and Luke, complemented each other in a way I really liked. But I had several issues with the story. First of all, the authors writing honestly sucks. Second, the pace of the story was really... weird, I guess. For about 60% of the book, it feels as if nothing happens. Third, there were a lot of stuff that, at least to me, didn't make any sense. For example, the beginning of the friendship between Natalia and Lu
Emily Goodman
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love an angst driven friends to lovers story? Then make sure you one click S.M. Soto’s Scoring the Quarterback, book 2 in her San Diegan series. This novel can completely be read as a standalone- I did. However, after reading, I will say I want more from this author. Her book was just absolutely ridiculously amazing.

Scoring the Quarterback is about college QB, Luke and Natalia, a book loving nerd. When this pigheaded manwhore meets Natalia he is instantly intrigued however friendzoned. These tw
Beneath The Covers Blog
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads, arcs, sonal
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
Adriana
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First book of this author for me as I didn't know what to expect loved it didn't want it to end ..can't wait to read the rest of her books
Lindsay
Oh boy. Ok so I love sports romances and I love friends to lovers and enemies to lovers stories…but this book was just…well, a hot mess for me.

So, let me start with Natalia…she and I just didn’t click. Maybe that’s what made this book such a bear for me? I just felt like she was going out of her way to be mean to Luke. One of the things that I love about enemies to lovers is that the characters aren’t instant bffs. They bicker and fight while becoming friends when they weren’t looking. I didn’t
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Tackled
  • Love to Hate You
  • Rule Play
  • Hard As Steel (The Treehouse Boys #1)
  • Hate to Love You
  • King of Campus (Barnett Bulldogs #1)
  • Friend Zoned (Barnett Bulldogs #2)
  • The Breakup Plan
  • The Girl Next Door
  • Just Friends
  • Don't Leave  (Stay #2)
  • The Best Mistake
  • If You Were Mine
  • No Paine No Gain (The Treehouse Boys #2)
  • Stay  (Stay #1)
  • Looking to Score
  • Breaking Defenses
  • Swinging Strike (Cessna U Wildcats #1)
S.M. Soto was born and raised in Northern California where she currently resides with her son. Her love for reading began when she was a young girl, and has only continued to grow into adulthood. S.M. lives for reading books in the romance genre and writing novels with relatable characters. She refers to herself as a bit of a romance junkie. S.M. loves to connect with readers and eat copious of do ...more

San Diegan (3 books)
  • The Darkest Hour (The San Diegan, #1)
  • Damaged Heart (The San Diegan, #3)

News & Interviews