Start by marking “Lightbringer (Empirium, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lightbringer (Empirium, #3)

Lightbringer

(Empirium #3)

The incredible conclusion to the trilogy that started with the instant New York Times bestsellers Furyborn and Kingsbane!

In this epic finale to the Empirium Trilogy from New York Times bestselling author Claire Legrand, two queens, separated by a thousand years must face their ultimate destinies.

Queen Rielle, pushed away from everything she loves, turns to Corien and

Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 592 pages
Published October 13th 2020 by Sourcebooks Fire

To ask other readers questions about Lightbringer, please sign up.
afternoonsunjeans i've just read the latest newsletter in which claire says she will be extra tight-lipped about everything. she has nothing she can tell yet, with the …morei've just read the latest newsletter in which claire says she will be extra tight-lipped about everything. she has nothing she can tell yet, with the exception that the cover is really nice. the book will come out this year, oct. 13(less)

Start your review of Lightbringer (Empirium, #3)
jessica
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
happy release day! meaning, you have no excuse to not binge read this series right now. enjoy!
____________________________

oh, my heart. i was so not prepared for this series to end like this, or end in general. but i cant think of a more perfect way for this final installment to conclude.

from start to finish, i cant get over how consistent, how balanced, how engaging this entire series has been. this conclusion takes all of the best parts of the previous two books and builds upon it, resulting
Robin
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was ok
↠ 2 stars

To anyone out there wondering why I need therapy, I would like to present into evidence this entire book. Lightbringer is the culmination of a lot of things, but it is first and foremost where Eliana and Rielles Journey draws to a close. We begin right where Kingsbane left off, with Rielle descending even further into darkness after fleeing with Corien, and Eliana having been captured by the enemy.

In many ways, this book was absolutely nothing like I expected. New character perspective
CerysAnne
May 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
I have many, many, M A N Y questions...

I so very desperately need answers because what the fuck was that ending in Kingsbane I’m honestly still upset
Megan ❀
A solid 4 stars. I'm still sorting through my thoughts enough to write a coherent review, but I loved the ending and expected a little more from the journey of getting to it. RTC.

Pre-release Review:

Edit 7/7/20: I'm so emo over this series that I made a playlist to channel my feelings of love and despair as I wait for the final book. That's where I'm at.

Edit 2/26/2020: I WOULD LAY DOWN MY LIFE FOR THIS COVER. Also, I've decided that this is most definitely my most anticipated book of 2020.

Origina
alana ♡
Oct 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Time to go cry.

Welp, she did it. Claire Legrand somehow wrapped up this ruthless trilogy and I honestly can't imagine this ending any other way. Fair warning though, it will rip out your heart before slowly mending it back together and even then it'll never be the same 🙃
Abby
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I rated every book in this series 5*.
I can't express how much I love these books or how much they mean to me.
Forever my favourite fantasy series and I have a feeling it will be hard to ever compete with how I felt whilst reading it
Cassie
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-release-2020
Me, reading the last couple chapters of Kingsbane:

Me, desperately waiting for Lightbringer, coming to us on Oct. 13, 2020:

Books with Brittany
Well that ended exactly as I expected and precisely how I wish it hadn’t. 🤦🏼‍♀️Why won’t most YA authors take that risk.
*** still very much enjoyed this conclusion and trilogy ***
Leah
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hall-of-fame
I definitely owe Raincoast Books my soul for this ARC, but they can't have it because Claire Legrand already took it and broke it into a million pieces. Anyone who knows me well is aware that The Empirium Trilogy is my all-time favourite fantasy series. I was scared of how this would come together, but please know that Legrand hit it out of the park. This story is magnificent and has been beautifully crafted from beginning to end.

This picks up almost right after that devastating cliffhanger. *K
CF Dracarys
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I don't even know how to write this review. I will start with Claire Legrand and her beautiful prose. She writes so vividly and precise, even about things like magic that don't exist and other metaphysical things like light and auras, so acutely that it's like I'm watching an HD movie in my head. You see the elemental magic perfectly, which is no easy feat in terms of depictive writing. I strive to write like this and I'm so grateful for Legrand's generous gift that are these books (especially t ...more
Athena Archeron
“Love is the one constant force that no violence or despair can diminish. We must hold onto the light of this truth. Even when the world grows dark. Especially then.”

This novel destroyed me. Absolutely destroyed me. Having completed a reread of the first two books about a week ago, I had just fallen back in with the characters and had grown attached to them and their world all over again. This trilogy as a whole is excellent, and I highly recommend it if you are a fan of fantasy. Lightbringer
AJ
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
”In every moment, in every blade of grass, in every path untraveled—there I will be, beside you, and there I will always be.”

Ok, now that I’ve managed to stop crying for a full 5 hours, I think I can write a very short review— because let’s face it, I’ll start crying again..

Claire broke my heart over and over again in this book, in the most beautiful way possible. There was so much pain, suffering, redemption, and acts of love in this book.

I feel like Audric, Rielle, Ludivine, Eliana, Simon
mika
Oct 14, 2020 rated it did not like it
worst fucking book ever what a waste of my time
☆ sana ☆
update: 01/01/21

2 stars. looking back on it, this was way more underwhelming than i first thought. right from the very first scene of book one, we are made to believe that rielle dardenne is supposed to bring doom and be the main villain of the trilogy but unfortunately she does not live up to the hype in lightbringer. in a final book, you usually expect a lot of action, but this finale lacks in that department as well.

update: 06/13/20

considering this is the last book in the trilogy, it was slow
Evie
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was ok
Katie
Nov 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
THIS WAS BRILLIANT AND HEARTBREAKING

“You love me."
"I wish I didn't," she said bitterly.
"I fascinate you, darling."
"As would your death.”

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Furyborn Review *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Kingsbane Review *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Review
The Empirium trilogy now has solidified itself as one of my all time favorite series with this concluding novel. I felt like everything came together perfectly. This story was so captivating, and the twists and turns of the plot kept my heart racing the entire time th
Ava
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'll review this one day, when I'm not still raw from the ending of one of the best trilogies in fantasy. All you need to know is that this book, like its predecessors, is perfection. It has teeth and strays into dark places, but it's perfection. FRTC.

EDIT: The cover is so beautiful that it killed me. The book isn't even out and I'm dead. What am I supposed to do when I actually read it? Die twice? (Yeah probably). Seriously where did this cover come from? All of Corien's angels couldn't come up
Sena
Jun 14, 2019 marked it as to-read
Update: (Nov. 26/19) Hell yeah 🙌🏻

WHO ELSE IS BETTING THIS BOOK IS GOING TO BE CALLED LIGHTBRINGER
Gaby (lookingatbooks)
ARC courtesy of Edelweiss

i feel so much pain right now but i’m also beyond impressed with Claire Legrand for crafting this beautiful novel. the brilliance of the world building, plot, characters, just everything left me in awe. i don’t know if i’m satisfied with the ending; nevertheless i did think it ended the way it should. i love how connected i felt to every character in this series, which can often be a rare thing. for once, when reading a multiple POV story, i didn’t dislike one character’
jesse📚
Feb 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Okay. Here’s the thing: I’m so glad I decided not to give up on Furyborn.

I gave Furyborn a grand total of 2 out of 5 stars. I remember thinking it was one giant mess and I couldn’t for the life of me fully grasp the feel between whatever happened to Rielle and Eliana. Too much was happening and it felt like two books squeezed into one. I didn’t like Eliana and I sure as hell didn’t like Rielle. When I decided to read Kingsbane, I grew to like Eliana and hating Rielle.

This book managed to turn th
Victoria BookLover
Jul 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
This final installment was enjoyable, however I wouldn’t say that it was the conclusion that I was anticipating. This was unfortunate because this of course Lightbringer was one of of the finales I was the most excited for.

Despite that I gave it four starts because the last half of the book was impactful enough that it made up for the first half, which to my disappointment was very slow compared to the entirety of the first two books. Like how does one half of the book move THAT slow. SOMETHING
casandra
Oct 15, 2020 rated it liked it
thanks for the pain i guess
Jenn
Wow, what a conclusion to this series. I was really worried going into it as the previous books have been a little bit of a let down for me. And while I still had issues with this one, overall, I was fairly satisfied.

I want to start off with what I liked. What drew me to this book was the plot and that's what kept me around throughout the story. The prologue for this book is one of the best I've read. It hooked me immediately and I just wanted to know how these characters got to that point. Leg
michelle xie ✧
“We all have light and darkness inside us. That is what it means to be human.”

To say that I enjoyed reading Lightbringer would be a lie. It suffered from the same issue that plagued Kingsbane; the pacing was awful. It was such a chore to read the first 2/3 of this book because the plot really dragged on and to me that was such a disappointing thing, since I really enjoyed reading the first two books in this trilogy from the beginning to the very end. This book, however, was the complete oppo
Laura ☾
Dec 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was definitely better than the first two instalments, but I still had some of the same issues as I did with the previous books, especially in terms of pacing/foreshadowing.

full RTC
C R O N C H
The more I think about this book them more I realize how truly dark this series gets. I can't express the feelings and emotions Legrand puts into this series you can truly feel how determined she was while writing this. It's amazing and puts me to shame on my own writing. How many times I've put my heart out for these characters only to know in the end their going to put me in betrayal. Anyway enough of the deep heart stuff. Read these books. ...more
Bonnie Wells
Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
i did not finish this book, it finished me
cassberrie
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
TW: violence, torture

Aite so I have a lot of feelings and I don't know how to put them down into words but here we go:

First off, why can't I give this more than 5 stars? Just wondering.

I absolutely love Rielle. She's hands-down my favorite character in this series, because boy do we love stories about heroes-turned-villains who walk that line between good and evil. Watching her descent into darkness and her journey beyond her humanity was kind of incredible? I honestly wish that more YA books w
Lauren Don’tGoBrekkerMyHeart
Mia
Oct 14, 2020 rated it did not like it
1. Rielle and Corien best thing in this series, they deserved better. What was the point of doing YA dark fantasy, if you in end do most predictable stuff, ended with fluff.

2 . It was way too long, I read fast but even I felt leight.

3. Everything surrounding Audric, Eliana and Simon was boring.

• The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (The Hunger Games, #0)
  • The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Wilder Girls
  • Angry God (All Saints High, #3)
  • The Happy Ever After Playlist (The Friend Zone, #2)
  • Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)
  • Stamped: Racism, Antiracism, and You
  • The Deal (Off-Campus, #1)
  • Vicious (Villains, #1)
  • A ​Court of Silver Flames (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #4)
  • Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • The Storm Crow (The Storm Crow, #1)
  • Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3)
  • Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3)
  • A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3)
Claire Legrand used to be a musician until she realized she couldn’t stop thinking about the stories in her head. Now she is a librarian and New York Times bestselling author living in central New Jersey.

Her first novel is THE CAVENDISH HOME FOR BOYS AND GIRLS, one of the New York Public Library’s 100 Titles for Reading and Sharing in 2012. She is also the author of THE YEAR OF SHADOWS, a ghost st

Empirium (3 books)
  • Furyborn (Empirium, #1)
  • Kingsbane (Empirium, #2)

Articles featuring this book

“There is too much hate in the world already. Why direct more of it at yourself?” 13 likes
“Someone who hates me as he does deserves no piece of my heart.” 7 likes