Start by marking “Jagged Edge” as Want to Read:

Jagged Edge

(Damage Control)

I don’t want Jason Vega.
Not at all.
It’s the worst idea ever.
Ah hell…

Jason is handsome. Smart. Dangerous. Hot.
He’s goddamn gorgeous—but he’s also sleeping on the street, hanging out with the local biker gang and selling his body for a living.
Our lives, our paths couldn’t be further apart. I’m crawling toward the light, while he’s falling into the dark.
But it doesn’t
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 368 pages
Published September 15th 2017 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Jagged Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jagged Edge

Jaime
Oct 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
This review is not done in my typical style. I have always promised to be honest when reviewing a book, and the best way for me to be honest about this book is to show you my reactions while I was reading. I have included my goodreads updates I posted during my reading.

***

I have multiple issues with this book. I cannot believe some of the things that occurred t/o this story.

If you read this review It's going to have spoilers...so, be warned!

This book needs Trigger Warnings There is drugging, non
Line
Sep 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 00-have, 00-amazon, 00-dnf
Yeah this is a DNF and return for refund for me.

Okay so Raine and his brother and their friends (other books?) KNOW that Jason is a whore in the LITERAL sense of the word.

Raine PLANS to hire Jason for "IT", because Jason is hot and Raine has a hate-love relationship with him *eyeroll*, BUT then he finds Jason in the gutter one day, almost hypothermic, with no jacket/clothes and acting delirious, because a 'John' (big or small 'J'??) may or may not have drugged him; if nothing else it sounds like
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
3.5 Stars - Last quarter of the book is the best part. Some issues were redeemed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This book was something else. For one, it seems like there was a series going on and I missed a part. But I looked and this is not attached to a series that I could tell.

The story was hot, don't get me wrong, but there was a lot of ICK factor that was a bit hard to get past. I'm sorry, but making out with someone who lives on the streets for a few days and then having sex immediately ma
Bo
Mar 15, 2018 added it
I will not be rating this book because I don't want to influence anyone one way or the other. It was just a too depressing read for me at this time. I felt like the unhappy times outweighed the good times by too much. I was willing to read about the bad as long as the ending was worth it. However, imo it wasn't at all. It's probably a case of me and not the book, but I was relieved to be done. I will have to find a happier read now.
BR11
Angst central, my friends. The drama is telenovela-strong in this book.
The poor communication between the MCs drove me up the wall. Of course that if they had actually talked, then the book would have been 20 chapters shorter.
The resolution of all the evil forces at the end was simplistic at best. So, rounded up to 3 mehhh stars because the cover is hawt.
Kami Dodson-Perry
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, blogged
If you have a problem with any gay/lesbian couples or sexual activity taking place with those couples, then I do not recommend this book. It is not for you.

However, If you like love stories and characters with troubled pasts who overcome their crappy circumstances and strive to live no matter what, than you should read this story.

If you read the Damage Control series than you know that Raine is Ocean's brother and you have already met Jason Vega. Raine now works at the extended branch of Damage
Sam
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I cannot believe how lucky I was to beta this, and all I can say is Holy Cannoli! I absolutely loved it and need to get my hands on the paperback as soon as possible.
Lily
What a crazy story. I could tell from the blurb that this book was going to be intense, but I didn't expect it to be that intense, and dark, and sad, and angsty...
But being the angst-ho that I am, you can be sure that I adjusted quickly, and enjoyed this twisted tale to the fullest.

imagee712e.gif

First, I'm going to admit that I never read any of this author's books. I was a little worried when I heard that this book was somewhat connected to her other books, but the blurb was too tempting so I had to give it
MzBond
1. Sex/arousal at inappropriate, fucked up times - wanting/having sex when a person is dangerously vulnerable due to physical trauma, economic disadvantage and lack of immediate basic needs is fucked up! That doesn't make your character seem caring, it makes them a fucking predator.
2. Douchebag MC - Raine is a judgmental and implausibly naive little asshole.
3. Magic Dick - I'm so fucked up by my past and present that I can't get hard but I'll get hard for Raine's magic dick that cures all my p
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.

I never ever, hesitate to open up a new book and take a leap back into the fictional world that involves the Inked Brotherhood and Damage Control boys. So needless to say when Jo Raven creates a new story, I am there! Having read all of Jo's books and being very familiar and loving her Hot Candy series, I am always ready for her stories to include some more scorching man on man action. There's something about troubled bad boys that makes my mou
Janja
Sep 26, 2017 rated it liked it
-2,5-

Reading this story I felt like seeing a huge neon sign blinking ... the first half of an hour is a blast then it gets f***** dull. The story dragged on, and I did not have any feeling of chemistry between MC, only the last 20% were interesting, but even then it was too commonly written.
Angela
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
I read until 90% and I didn’t enjoy it very much.

I think the reason is because everyone is unlikabke and most are assholes. The thing bothering me the most is how all these guys just left Jason out on the streets by himself for years. Jason will save the world to the detriment of himself and not one of these fuckers will fight for him until he’s basically dead.
Tracy Reads
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have not read a full book in quite a while I have started lots but failed to get into them until Jagged edge WOW what an amazing book, it has everything a girl needs to disappear and not come out until the end and I got to tell you ladies and gents I could not put this one down!
Boy torture, Tattooed hotties, soul crushing sadness and a lot of HOT men and HOT Sex I mean the passion is off the charts sexy and the emotions will have you needing boxes of tissues, love does not come easy for these
Elisa Griffin
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So happy I got a ARC for this book. This story was amazing. Jo Raven really makes you fall in love with Raine and Jason. Raine was exactly what Jason need to get his life turned around for the better. Both guys learn th e true meaning of family and the power of a good hug. Highly recommend this book. Such a sweet couple. ❤👦👨❤
Nico
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I seriously loved this book. The character of Jason especially blew me away, that perfect mix of streetwise bravado and heartbreaking vulnerability. The relationship between him and Raine was complicated, frustrating at times and powerful. The sex scenes were hot as hell, erotic but at the same time breathtaking emotionally moving. I really hope there is a follow up as I want to know what happened to Jason as a child - talk about unfinished business, I need that story!
Bati
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wiecie co? Tym razem nic nie powiem. Brakuje mi słów. Za mało gwiazdek na tym goodreadsie.
Tracy
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
I haven't read any of this authors other books so I didn't enjoy this one as much as I'm sure a Jo Raven fan would have. In my opinion this should definitely not be read as a standalone, something which should be included in the blurb. I was in the dark for so much of this book.The writing was good tho and I absolutely loved Raine even tho his name (raine Storm really?) made me cringe.
Monica Vidal
My biggest issue with this one was probably that I felt like both MCs were assholes to each other. Not kinda assholes, cause that would have been ok, but full assholes. Besides that, everybody and I mean everybody knew Jason was a hooker, working the streets, being treated like shit but nobody did nothing about it? Yeah, yeah, Jason refuses help because he was trying to save his friends, but I'm sorry, that was a lame excuse to keep him working the streets. and tho I was sorry for Jason, I also ...more
Tina LoveBooksDK
DNF

Throw in the towel!

This should not be read as a standalone. IMO
There are too many people and background stories from Damage Control Series & Inked Brotherhood Series..

Read Line's review, couldn't have said it better myself
Dani Elle Maas
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
reviewed for www.lovebytesreviews.com

This is a hard review to write. Let me start by saying I didn't read any other books from this author and I saw this was her first experience in venturing in the m/m. I have to say with some of the characters introduced I would very much like to read their stories.
But that being said this story was hard and dark in some ways. I felt myself struggling to keep going and wishing that there would be getting some less dark and dramatic pieces. I am glad I stuck wi
Cassie May
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The first pure MM book of Jo Raven. To say I was intrigued is a lie… Ever since Dirty Princes I couldn’t wait to get more gay action from her and since meeting Jason and Raine in Ocean’s book I wanted them to get their own story.
Did I like this book? No.
Kidding. I loved it! I loved it so much and I am so proud to see Jo Raven develop more and more with each book she releases. This one is her best so far, if you ask me. She has gotten better and better in her writing and I am honestly glad that
Pam Nelson
I believe this is a first for me by this author. I don’t really know what I was expecting, this cover is what jumped out at me and I had to listen.

I liked the characters and their connection, but it kind of felt one-sided for the most part. Jason really goes through the wringer in this story and I sometimes didn’t think Raine understood the situation Jason was in. I wanted him to care more for this man he was lusting after.

I think this book could have been freaking great but it was just too s
Lisa
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes I am late to the game and read a book involving characters from other stories I haven't read yet. At times, that can leave you confused and feeling like you are missing something. Other times, such as with this book, it just gave me a tiny taste of them- enough to intrigue me, enough to make me look into their stories later on.

Jagged Edge was kind of dark and raw. It was sad. Jason and Raine both have issues and an attraction to each other they are fighting. To see the gritty life of a
Konny
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book will put you through the wringer, I promise !!!! Jagged Edge is bittersweet.

An absolute MUST read !!!

Jagged Edge by Jo Raven is a full-length standalone romance novel.
Meet Jason Vega, hes had a rough life and works on the streets or corners. And then is there Raine Storm, hes 21 years old , out of the closet with shitty parents and a great big brother. Ocean is a tattoo artist and a friend of Jason too. Raine has a major crush on Jason, but he cant get a hold of his feelings for the o
Staci
Sep 27, 2017 added it
DNF- No rating.

I made it until about 25% and realized this just isn't working for me. I didn't like the writing style, word choices seemed off. I do love the cover!

It could be a heaping case of it's not you, it's me. I need to table this....
Stephanie
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First of all, can we have a moment to drool over that HOT AS FIRE cover?!? Sigh.... Jo Raven knows how to light up the pages (or Kindles) of a book. These characters were complex, the plot was meaningful and the action was off the charts. Five drool-worthy stars!!!
Debbie Harrison
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC for my honest opinion
I'd buy this book purely for the cover
Jason and Raine are just two lost souls trying to find their place in this world
One is trying to save the other, while the other is saving everyone but himself
I would love more background on Jason but Jo did hint it could happen fingers crossed it does
Would like to check back on these two to see their HEA
My only issue was it seemed a little rushed at the end otherwise wonderful read

JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, mm

I'm a little torn with this one. I really liked some things, but others just didn't add up for me. Neither of these guys has had a very good start in life. Jason is a street urchin/turned prostitute living on the streets. He is often abused, beaten or worse, and though he is given money by Ocean and his friends, he uses that to pay off his now pimp, Simon, and to get his other friends off the streets and to safety.

Raine, Ocean's brother has not had it easy either, but he has the help of
blub
Raine Storm hasn’t had an amazing childhood but he’s always had his older brother, who’s tried his best to look out for him. Raine is newly twenty-one and trying to stay on track with his life regardless of what life has thrown at him. He can’t help that he has a prickly personality that can rub people the wrong way.

Jason Vega is a prostitute/hooker/hustler/rentboy (use the one you like best) trying to keep his loved one safe by any means possible even if it means he’s putting himself in danger
Ana Rita
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about this author's writing... The only word that crosses my mind is Superb. Superb because every issue that she approaches captivated me from the beginning. You can think that I'm saying this just to sound nice but it's the truth.
Jo Raven has a simple, hot, feisty, controversial and intense writing that will hook you up in a sec. Just have a closer look at her covers and you'll see for yourself.
Jagged is her latest release and I was beyond excited to start it. Oh Dayum! That co
  • Falling Angels
  • Edge of Living
  • Promise You'll Look After Him
  • King of Dublin
  • Debt (Love, Unexpected #1)
  • Escape (Trasmundo #1)
  • Heart
  • Angel (Angel, #1)
  • Complementary Colors
  • The Art of Hero Worship
  • The Rise (Fallen Angel, #1)
  • His Savior (Hellion Club #4)
  • Out of the Darkness (Taken # 2)
Be the first to get your hands on Jo Raven’s new releases & offers, giveaways, previews, and more by signing up here ▶ http://bit.ly/1CTNTHM

Jo Raven is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, best known for her series Inked Brotherhood and Damage Control. She writes edgy, contemporary New Adult romance with sexy bad boys and strong-willed heroines. She writes about MME fighters and

Damage Control (6 books)
  • Micah (Damage Control #1)
  • Jesse (Damage Control #2)
  • Seth (Damage Control, #3)
  • Shane (Damage Control, #4)
  • Ocean (Damage Control, #5)
“Always trust your gut,” he says. “It tells the truth when your brain doesn’t want to accept it.” 1 likes
“Don’t stop pushing. Don’t let go.” 1 likes