Start by marking “Covet (Makedde Vanderwall, #3)” as Want to Read:
Covet (Makedde Vanderwall, #3)

Covet (Makedde Vanderwall #3)

Two and a half years after her ordeal at the hands of the 'Stiletto Murderer', Ed Brown, Makedde Vanderwall must face her demons once again as she flies into Sydney for Brown's trial - and faces her one-time lover, the jaded Sydney detective Andy Flynn. But days before the trial is set to commence, the unthinkable happens - Ed Brown makes a daring escape, aided and abetted ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 353 pages
Published May 2nd 2007 by Leisure Books (first published August 18th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Covet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Covet

Phrynne
Jan 25, 2015 Phrynne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would have given this book five stars if only the author would do something better with the Mak / Andy relationship or lack thereof. She really does not write romance well and after three books I am still totally confused as to what their problem is. However I can forgive her heaps once the action starts and the book becomes unputdownable! Plus I always enjoy books set in Australia! I have her next two books lined up on my shelf already and I am looking forward to them.
P.D.R. Lindsay
Nov 11, 2013 P.D.R. Lindsay rated it liked it
Shelves: thrillers

A follow on to 'Fetish' this Australian thriller is a good read for those who enjoy stalkers and sexy heroines. Set in the world of modelling and written by an ex-model it reads as well researched.

The plot is tight and nasty, the heroine suitably scared yet feisty and for all those who enjoy scary thrillers this novel will be a good read.

Do read Fetish first though.
Velvetink
This was a playaway recording I was testing out for my mother who is going blind. The narrator had a terrible sibilant to her voice and although I tried listening to it several times, just couldn't get past it or the fact that the narrator has a fake Australian accent. I only got as far as the main character killing her brother with poison pie.
P.J. Parker
Oct 13, 2012 P.J. Parker rated it really liked it
Clearly I am obsessed by Mak. 2012 was her year on my bookshelf.
Don
Dec 31, 2016 Don added it
Shelves: n-2012_goal-33
TheMadHatter
Actual Rating: 2.5 stars

This (Book 3) is probably the best book in the series so far, but given that I slammed book 1 and 2 that is probably not a good thing. :-)

I quite like Ms Moss's writing, so I would like to read a series of hers that does not have a pompous, irritating model as the lead character. I have heard that she is writing paranormal now and I think that is probably a better move. These books have shown that writing about the world that you know is not always the best path. Alas, Mo
Debbie Johansson
Jul 27, 2014 Debbie Johansson rated it liked it
Covet sees Makadde back in Australia for the trial of the Stiletto Murderer and this book is another page turner. Once again, Mak and Andy Flynn continue to have an on-again, off-again relationship, making me frustrated with Makadde. The prison guard, Suzie, had shown such promise as a character, but she fell flat in the end. How an escaped serial killer could easily leave the country I couldn't quite fathom. I also found the ending a bit disappointing and unsatisfying, making me question how ex ...more
Dave
Mar 21, 2014 Dave rated it really liked it
If you've read the preceding two books in this series you'll want to read this one to see how it all pans out for our plucky heroine. Moss' style is less police-procedural and more concerned with the central character; self confessed psycho-magnet Mak Vanderwaal, who is a fairly thinly disguised alter ego of the author herself.

Mak is an excellent invention however and is imbued with enough detail to help you care about what happens to her. The villain's escape and manipulation of the hapless "P
Hannah
Nov 14, 2014 Hannah rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Covet throws us back to the stiletto killer. Mak is back to Sydney for Ed Browns trial but the best part is (spoilers) the escape and just how fucked up peoples minds are! Ed manipulates a women from the jail to help him break free, he has only one thing on his mind and thats Mak! This book just shows how easy it is to find someone if you know how to do it and why you need to be alert or just have plain commen sense!
I didnt enjoy this book as much as the previous ones wether because it was slow
Katie Q
Jan 12, 2011 Katie Q rated it liked it
Shelves: audio-books
The only reason this book does not get a 4 star is the embellishment of the 2 main characters on/off romance. It adds nothing to the book.

The book starts off strongly and excites me that I may be getting a gritty crime novel to read. However I am disappointed in this regard.

It makes me ask the question is Tara Moss writing romance novels or crime novels?

It is a good story but not a great crime story or a romance. It has been the same for the early 2 novels in this series.

- what should I expect
Lyn Richards
Feb 23, 2015 Lyn Richards rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: action, thriller, crime
Makkedde Vanderwall and Andy Flynn continue their angst ridden "relationship" with the inconvenient appearance of Ed Brown the serial killer with whom Makkedde has "encountered" 18 months prior. As usual Moss takes us on an action packed believable story. A story that you can wait to see where the next part unfolds. Makkedde and her complex web of relationships is a great character.

I had the pleasure of listening to the audio version of this book, read by the author. I cant wait to hear the nex
Juliet
Jul 19, 2007 Juliet rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller
I've decided to try Tara Moss' thrillers again after giving up on her first book which was Fetish. Covet's storyline was actually very interesting although the ending sort of let down the entire book. I also like Makkede Vanderwall as a character. BUT her writing still needs a bit of improvement and polish - she's definitely not comparable to Cornwell (in her earlier novels) or Faye Kellerman. No way!
Eleni Konstantine
I just realised this is book 3 in the series and not book 2, but I didn't feel I had missed anything. I enjoyed this more than the first book - everything seemed to mesh more - dialogue, introspection, action.

Poor Makedde having to deal again with the serial killer that has changed her life.

I'd be interested to see where the series goes. But before I do that, I need to go scout for book 2.
Natasha
Oct 11, 2013 Natasha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved this one. Finally Mak has the ending she wanted. Lets just hope her and Andy can finally work things out without Ed and his pyscho attraction towards Mak interfering with things. Glad Ed finally got what was coming to him and the best thing was he never saw it coming. Mak is such a strong woman, she has gone through a hell of a lot in the last couple of years and is still trying to stay strong and carry on with her life. Looking forward to the next book.
Merri
May 30, 2013 Merri rated it liked it
I've enjoyed this series so far and Covet continued to make me turn the pages! Although I found parts hard to believe (how can an escaped serial killer so easily leave the country), and Mak still un-humanly flawless, and the ending unsatisfying, I'm stilllooking to Mak's next adventure in Hit.
Tracy
Oct 01, 2012 Tracy rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this book - making the Makedde Vanderwall series one of my picks for the year, as a great series that helped pass the horrible winter days.

Read the full review at OurBookClub
Jacqueline King
Fantastic opening scene - sister needs a house, brother has a house, sister kills brother calmly to get house.

They say you can't have looks and brains - Tara Moss proves them wrong.
Di Turner
Nov 13, 2014 Di Turner rated it really liked it
Another good read, very entertaining, but hopefully the main character won't be a victim for the fourth time in the next book!
Tara
Jun 15, 2011 Tara rated it liked it
great book I just finished it last week
Love how she tells us all about the clothes

the end was very good Tara Moss always knows how to say the right thing at the end of her books
Sylvia
Nov 09, 2010 Sylvia rated it it was ok
Had a strong case of deja vu reading this as it's sort of similar to the other ones - just different settings. But easy-to-read light entertainment.
Sharyn O'neill
Jan 14, 2013 Sharyn O'neill rated it really liked it
I wondered how she would make this one different to the first two in the series, but I found it was very much a page-turner ... And very different to the others in a way I didn't expect.
Madelaine
Good, ending was slightly disappointing. Should read Fetish, Split and Covet all, as they are sequels.
Kristin Cubbage
Feb 04, 2008 Kristin Cubbage rated it it was amazing
A thriller about an Australian model. I loved reading Tara Moss's books while living in Australia. It helped knowing all of the spots she was referring to.
Betty
Feb 14, 2013 Betty rated it liked it
Interesting Australian mystery with believable characters. The ending a little disappointing, I felt a lot more could have been done to add interest and twists to the end.
Josh Wallace
Josh Wallace rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2011
Paula Brandon
Paula Brandon rated it did not like it
Oct 25, 2016
Jenny
Jenny rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2013
Karen Tansley
Karen Tansley rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2014
Sarah rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2010
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2016
  • Peepshow (Simone Kirsch, #1)
  • Prime Cut
  • Boyfriend in a Bottle (In a Bottle, #1)
  • Jillaroo (Jillaroo, #1)
  • Sleight Malice
  • Gather the Bones
  • As Darkness Falls (Dungirri, #1)
  • Tiger Paw
  • Sin's Dark Caress (Dark Brethren, #3)
  • The Plantation
  • Wild Encounter
  • Sharp Turn (Tara Sharp, #2)
  • Territory
  • Three (Codename: Chandler #3)
  • A Time to Run (Constable Sammi Willis, #1)
  • A Cotswold Ordeal (Thea Osborne, #2)
  • The Lone Warrior (The Four-Sided Pentacle, #3)
  • The January Wish (Tarrin's Bay #1)
207498
Tara Moss is an author, journalist, documentary producer and presenter and human rights advocate. Since 1999 she has written 11 bestselling books, published in 19 countries and 13 languages, including the acclaimed Mak Vanderwall crime fiction series and the Pandora English series. Her first non-fiction book, the critically acclaimed The Fictional Woman, was published in 2014 and became a number o ...more
More about Tara Moss...

Makedde Vanderwall (6 books)
  • Fetish (Makedde Vanderwall, #1)
  • Split (Makedde Vanderwall, #2)
  • Hit (Makedde Vanderwall, #4)
  • Siren (Makedde Vanderwall, #5)
  • Assassin (Makedde Vanderwall, #6)