Start by marking “Fortune's Wheel (A Claire Rollins Mystery Book 4)” as Want to Read:
Fortune's Wheel (A Claire Rollins Mystery Book 4)

Fortune's Wheel

(A Claire Rollins Mystery #4)

This is book 4 in the Claire Rollins mystery series.
While working at the chocolate shop and clearing tables, Claire Rollins notices a story in a newspaper left behind by a customer about the cold case murder of a young graduate student. Odd details about the case draw Claire's interest and when her boyfriend, a Boston detective, asks her to read over the old case notes, C
Published September 15th 2017 by J A Whiting/Whitemark Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Fortune's Wheel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fortune's Wheel

Nikk the Sapphired Book Dragon
I liked this fourth instalment of this series. being the fourth book, the author seems more comfortable and settled in the series so there was less set up and more story. In this case Claire and her friend Nicole were actually solving a cold case helped by Claire's boyfriend, a Police detective.

The mystery itself was quite smart and quite straight forward though not so easy to pick and it was an enjoyable journey following Claire and Nicole and they followed the clues to the end. This is a fun s
Shannon Binegar-Foster
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Full of twists

I had this one narrowed down to three suspects. One was eliminated right at the end but the other one lied about something and we never found out why after the killer was revealed. I like the way things are progressing in this series. I look forward to many more books.
Krystyna
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The foibles of youth or an unmatched ego

Awesome. A newspaper article on an old unsolved case has sunk it's claws into Claire. When she and her sidekick are asked to look into it, they both agree. Not only to bring peace to the reporter, who has only months to live, but also to see justice done. Even though warnings are issued the investigation continues. Who of the dead girl's friends is telling porkies and why. A great plot that has you suspecting first one then another of the suspects. However
Carie
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good Mystery w/ Good Characters

Another good mystery from J A Whiting. Here you will find a well-drawn mystery with several possible solutions with all the "clues" given within the story itself.
If you are looking for scenes & characters you can "see in your mind's eye" but not get bogged down in description, this is an author to follow.
The only critique I have with this story is that I found .... (No spoilers from me!) I just didn't find it as thought-provoking as usual.
This is another ti
Robert L. Fones
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fortune's Wheel Picks A Winner

The surprise baked into this book is the strong female characters. Claire Rollins and her friends raise the bar from chocolate store cozy to being the driving force in solving a decades old mystery. Women are too often relegated clerical positions, overlooking their talents in problem solving, discernment, leadership and relationships. I can't wait to read more books by J. A. Whiting.
Susan
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
Meh. The solving of the matter was due primarily to good, old-fashioned police work (by the amateur sleuths). Other than that, meh. I'm getting annoyed with Claire either not paying attention to her "intuition" or not figuring out how to use it. I didn't buy Ian giving her all that info on the cold case. Just so many little things didn't work for me. I'll continue this series; if I try the next one, it better not have the same problems.
CAROL VANATTA
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A heart pounding story.

I love this series All the characters and how the author continues enticing me with new tidbits about their ongoing relationship s.
The CORGI'S have such grand personalities they add so much to each book.
Highly recommend.
Can't go without a special request for MORE OLIVIA MILLER PLEASE.
THE SWEET COVE SISTERS , OH anything you write I LOVE.
Janet Wilson
Jun 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Friends Clair and Nicole Along with the others to help them work on the street again.

It’s nice to follow engaging Characters, learn more about their lives and become a part of their family. Even though this is a clairvoyant mystery there is really very little paranormal activity in this one, just a feeling here and there. Nicely written and a fun read.
Rita Day
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fortune's Wheel

Claire and Nichole are off to solve another mystery. Ian, Claire's detective boyfriend asks them to help a friend solve a 33 year old cold case. I really enjoyed the mystery, it's one of J A Whiting's best. If you love a good who done it, I highly recommend this one.
Suzi
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really good cozy series

I've enjoyed this series, in each book you never can tell what mystery is going to develop or where or how it is going to end up. In this book I was a bit disappointed that the dogs were not involved more, but it was still a good read. Thank you Ms Whiting for another entertaining read!
Charlene Davis
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Claire and Nicole team up

These two characters are great. Nicole makes a great wing woman to Claire. I would like to see Nicole end up with the nice guy oops can't tell you. Must read to find out more.
Sara
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Claire Rollins 4 Review

Another great read by this author. A few more editing mistakes than the previous entries. Nothing major, though. I will definitely be checking the author's other series,
Jana Gundy
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I always enjoy these books

It's always fun to be back with Claire and her friends, solving murders and mysteries. There really wasn't any paranormal element in this one but solving the cold case was ends and we'll done.
Kathy
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read

If like me you love a great cozy with characters you will love and a story that keeps you turning the page than J A Whitings books are for you I can't wait till the next book
Alayne
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the second of JA Whiting's books that I have read. I did not think it was quite as good as Peril in Paxton Park, but still it was very good. The writing was a bit stilted at times. I think a bit more back story for Claire and Nicole would have been good too.
Barbara Hand
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Claire Rollins Mystery Book 4

This book in this series was excellent. I really enjoyed this book and it's usual characters, including the fur babies. Kept me interested until the end.
Kathy Fair
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Definitely a. 5-star PLUS story

This is absolutely one of the best books I have read from J A Whiting. The plot is very well thought out and the suspense factor made for an intriguing read. I loved this story.
Beverly Owens
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kept guessing

A great mystery to the end. I kept going back and forth as to who the killer was...sign of a well written mystery.
Carolyn
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very good series.

Great read and twists aplenty. Always fun to read and entertaining. Not that heavy on paranormal more like intuition and listening to your senses and self.
Merle Carter
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun Reads

Have enjoyed reading this series, has been fun getting to know each of the characters, including Bear & Lady.
Looking forward to the next adventure.
Muriel A Scott
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story

Another evening shot not being able to put the book down! Can't wait to start the next one!! Must wait till tomorrow.
Laurie
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: july-to-dec-2017
This was another solid story in this series. The author keeps you guessing.
Connie M
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great series!

Enjoy the characters and plots of the series. Cozy mystery at its finest. Looking forward to readi,g more by J A Whoring.
Louise Clarke Stone
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable read

Ms Whiting is a gifted writer and this series is a very comfortable read. Recommend this writer and her books.
gary c lehn
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very interesting story....

I have to say that Ms J. A. Waiting is a amazing story teller. Her story of adventure, romance, and mystery is a great way to spend an evening.
Kim Hall
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Claire"voyant" to the rescue again...

Claire and her friends never cease to entertain us again. I love this series and can't wait for the next one.
Linda Rainey
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another Exciting Cozy

Another Exciting Cozy featuring Claire and her crew.
I loved the suspense,storyline and intriguing characters.
This book is for you if you like cozy mysteries.
Shannon
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lot of fluff

This seemed to be long just for the sake of being long. A lot of repeating things and long interviews that yielded very little. Also unanswered questions that were left that way.
Patricia Barnhart
Jan 06, 2018
Sharianne
Nov 21, 2017
J A Whiting is the author of the Olivia Miller mystery series. She lives with her family in Massachusetts where she works full time in education. Whiting loves spending time with family, reading, traveling, following New England sports teams, exercising, and being outdoors.

For exclusive content and new book announcements please visit www.jawhitingbooks.com and sign up for my mailing list.

Also ple

A Claire Rollins Mystery (6 books)
  • Good Fortunes (A Claire Rollins Mystery Book 1)
  • Reversal of Fortune (A Claire Rollins Mystery, #2)
  • Murder and Misfortune (A Claire Rollins Mystery Book 3)
  • Fortune's Favors (Claire Rollins Mystery, #5)
  • A Fortunate Encounter (A Claire Rollins Mystery #6)