Start by marking “The Genie's Double Trouble (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)” as Want to Read:
The Genie's Double Trouble (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)

The Genie's Double Trouble

(Nocturne Falls Universe)

Psychic Mallory Vaughn loves her neat, organized life as a manicurist at Nocturne Falls’ busiest salon. Things are going great until Jordan—her train wreck of a twin—lands on Mallory’s doorstep with a suitcase full of trouble.

Cyrus Barker is a genie who belongs to a small-town sheriff and the man’s entrepreneur wife. When Jordan wins an unwinnable jackpot from the wife,
Published September 26th 2017 by Sugar Skull Books

To ask other readers questions about The Genie's Double Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Genie's Double Trouble

Start your review of The Genie's Double Trouble (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
This is such a cute story, I really enjoyed it. The story is unique, intriguing and I couldn't put it down. I adore the characters and how they fit perfectly into the Nocturne Falls Universe. I look forward to reading more from this author.

I received a copy of this manuscript from the publisher, my review has been voluntarily submitted.
Madison Warner Fairbanks
The Genie's Double Trouble by Wynter Daniels

From the Kindle world of Nocturne Falls by Kristen Painter.
The second by this author in this world. Can be read alone.

A Genie working a bit as a private investigator goes to the Halloween town to find a woman on the run. Instead of his target, he finds an enchanting lookalike. Between tarot cards and jelly beans the Genie falls in love.

Charming.
Lisa
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a really cute read. Such a clever and unique idea. However, the character Jordan was so annoying I could hardly bear it. It's all worth it to read it though because in the end, you learn why she is the way she is. I feel like she will grow up some now. The relationship with Mallory and Cyrus was a little rushed but these are magical tales so I feel like love at first sight is the only way to go. I believe in it in real life so what can I say? And after all, Mallory had been dreaming of ...more
Dana Whyte
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this novella! I would love to see more with Ms. Daniels characters, this story is a continuation from her previous novella set in the Nocturne Falls series. This story features Mallory and Cyrus (who is a genie). Mallory is a nail tech who can read tarot cards with amazing accuracy, she starts to get a bad feeling that trouble is coming.. and trouble is her twin sister Jordan. Jordan has gotten into some trouble and has a genie hot on her trail. I hope Ms. Daniels writes more no ...more
Ann Brookens
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Daniel's second story for the Nocturne Falls Universe fits into her niche, The Hair Scare and it's secondary business of offering psychic readings. I'm excited to meet a genie in Nocturne Falls, and his romance with Mallory, a tarot card reader and manicurist, is sweet. Her somewhat shady twin sister can communicate with animals, which creates an interesting plot device. Altogether, a lovely story which fits right into the NFU!
Jaime
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a cute, clever read about Mallory, who lives in Nocturne Falls, her twin sister Jordan, and a genie named Cyrus. Jordan drops in and brings trouble and Cyrus is in Nocturne Falls to track her down for his boss. He didn’t count on meeting Mallory though. I liked this story but Jordan is quite annoying! With all the trouble she causes I would have disowned her! Mallory and Cyrus do make up for her though.
Hsu Lee
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ARC - I voluntarily offered to review this book with no obligations and my opinions are honest!
It is so nice when your sister decides to visit.
Not so nice, when she comes w/ counterfeit money + a bounty genie on her tail.
Mallory loves her sister just not the trouble she usually brings w/ her.
This was a charming fast paced story,
Loved the ending!
Suzan
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a really fun read! Loved Mallory and Cyrus as a couple and I really liked Mallory's twin sister Jordan too! Who knows maybe Jordan will get a book herself as well if she settles in Nocturne Falls near her sister and Cyrus!
Lisa Guertin
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A genie named Cyrus! I adored Cyrus and felt so bad for him. Mallory is a great character and has been hurt by her family so often in the past that she has isolated herself from everyone. This book is a great addition to Nocturne Falls' universe.
Debra Jones
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Genie's Double Trouble is a fantastic book to read!! I absolutely loved it from beginning to end! If you are looking for a book that has romance, intrigue, and lots of humor in it then this book is for you! This is a book that I will be highly recommending to others and will be re-reading myself. I can't wait to read more books by this author.
Myriam
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kristen-painter
It is four and a half stars.
This is the second book by this author in Nocturne Falls. It follows The Fortuneteller's Folly, which I did not enjoy it that much. However, this book was quite the opposite, it was really nice. The main characters from the previous book do not appear in this one, and that was nice as well.
The story revolves around Mallory, the Tarot card reader, her sister Jordan, who understands animals and Cyrus, a genie from a magic lamp. That said, there is no love triangle or an
Aurialis
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc-reviews
Note - I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I chose to read and review this book because of Kristen Painter. I like her work and I though it would be fun to read other stories in the same world.

Unfortunately, this story fell short. It, actually, wasn't so bad, but expectations were higher.

In none of the aspects, this story is anything special. If I had shut down my brain, I would probably have liked this story more.

The writing is average, the plot is
Barbara
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved Wynter's second journey into Nocturne Falls. It was a sweet and fun story. A great get away for the evening. Mallory Vaughn has gotten her life where she likes it. It's neat, there is no chaos, she does her manicurist job and her psychic readings and she likes it that way. Though she is having these awesome dreams with this amazing dream man with the most gorgeous emerald eyes. Yet her life is about to get into a mess again when her trouble making sister, Jordan comes to Nocturne Falls. ...more
Anna Salamatin
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First of all.... Yay! ... I'm just thrilled to be back in Nocturnal Falls with yet another delightfully different story line... this one is about Cyrus whose a genie, Sheriff Winston Pfeifer who now has the genies lamp and Ivy, his greedy wife of only three years who has influenced two of the three wishes.... this puts us in Nocturnal Falls with Cyrus tasked with bringing back Jordon, (Mallory's psychic twin)
along with a dog named Truffles and some money she's accused of stealing..... I was thri
Heidi
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another pleasant surprise in an author revisiting Nocturne Falls. I wasn't a big fan of Wynter's first foray into Nocturne Falls. With this book, I can say I really enjoyed this story. The characters were well-rounded, believable and likable. I wasn't left wanting to know more about the character but was left wanting more in the story. The villain was developed through the story, and her storyline was well mixed with the rest of the story. Reading of the previous Wynter Daniels book in Nocturne ...more
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book; this book was written by Wynter Daniels. This book is also part of the Nocturne Falls Kindle World which is written by Kristen Painter. I was so happy that these new books by new authors were asked to write a story in the town. Nocturne Falls is a town that celebrates Halloween every day of the year and also a place that paranormal’s can live and not have to hide what they really are. This is a great book with a wonderful story and well developed characters. This book will ...more
Betty
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What happens when a Genie, Cyrus Barkes, is sent on a mission to find someone and bring that person back to his master. A lot of complications for everyone especially since there are twins involved!! I loved this book from start to finish-couldn't put it down until I finished it. Has a unique storyline, a quick read, sexy & funny characters, intrigue and an unexpected twist. Also has an HEA!
I highly recommend this book
Miranda Beazley
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cyrus is a genie currently tasked with granting wishes to a small town sherif and his horrible wife. When some money goes missing, and the wife’s dog, Cyrus is tasked with tracking to thief and bringing her to justice. Mallory loves the life she’s currently living with everything neat and orderly, until her whirlwind sister drops into town and sends everything on a tail spin.

Poor Cyrus is so confused at first, and honestly there were times I thought the two ladies had swapped places too. The ups
Starla
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very cute story. I love Nocturne Falls Universe. Nocturne Falls is a cool town with Halloween 365 days a year so the vampires, witches, Gargoyles, etc can live amongst humans without them knowing. This novella was about a Genie and it was a sweet romance. Loved the characters and couldn't put the book down. A fun read!
David  Vise
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This fun, easy to read addition to the Nocturne Falls Universe series -featuring mistaken identity, twins, a scheming Sheriff's wife and the Genie of the title - should appeal to current fans of this series - and for PNR readers new to the delights of Nocturne Falls this wouldn't be a bad place to start.
Four stars
Christine
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Genie's Double Trouble by Wynter Daniels is a lovely story set in The Nocturne Falls Universe.

Mallory Vaughn is a manicurist at The Hair Scare in Nocturne Falls, and all is right in her life, until her chaotic twin, Jordan, showed up on her doorstep with a Genie on her tail. Mallory tries not to get pulled in, until Jordan's life is on the line.

I enjoyed this story, and Mallory is a wonderful addition to The Nocturne Falls Universe. A 4-star must read.
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Another really good Nocturne Falls Universe addition. this is the second book in this series from this Arthur and it follows the same main character in this one. You can read them both or just this one and still know what is what. Loved the Genie angle in this one always a fun read. Nice and fast to read with plenty of action and romance. Loved it!!
JB
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
What would you wish for from a genie that came into your life? Enjoy a good story in the Nocturne Falls universe.
Kay
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When a genie, Cyrus, is sent by his master to find Jordan he ends up I. Nocturnal Falls. He finds Mallory Vaughn, Jordan’s twin instead of Jordan. With Mallory’s help Cyrus follows Jordan back to his master. This story has intrigue, mystery and hopeful love. I loved going back to Nocturnal Falls also known as Halloween Town.
T.M. Payne
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book Reviewed: The Genie's Double Trouble (Nocturne Falls Universe)
Author: Wynter Daniels
Publication Date: 9/26/2017
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW
We are heading back to Halloween Town with non other than a Genie. Cyrus must find the person who stole cash and a dog from his master. Although he dreads any of it.

Mallory has had a horrible time of things when it comes to her twin even worse. But what is she going to do when that twin shows up and is in trouble?

Th
Nikki Brooks
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mallory thought she was living her dream life. Then a hot, sexy genie Cyrus poofed into her life!

Now she has the chance to save him from a life of servitude to...well let's just say someone very UNnice! Add in Mallory's sister Jordan being kidnapped and you have a sweet little mystery to boot.

Jordan should have been the annoying sister, but I found myself wanting to know WHY she was so damn annoying! I was so happy that it was less sibling rivalry and more off-hand, clearly-got-their-favourite
Pilar Seacord
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cyrus Barker is a genie owned by a sheriff of a small town and his evil wife. Jordon used her ability to communicate with animals to win some money since the wife cheated Jordon wins the money and takes off with said pet. Cyrus has to follow her and get it back. She goes to Nocturne Falls to hide with her sister Mallory who is not happy to see her. Trouble always follows Jordon. Cyrus mets Mallory and asks her to go out for a drink. He is falling for her and the felling is mutual. Enjoyed this s ...more
Niken Widyastuti
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
A 3.5-stars review

I honestly got a mixed feeling about this book. I opted to review it by my final feeling toward the book.

The story itself was very different, so intriguing. I had high hopes. The way the story told also compelling. The main characters, Cyrus and Mallory, were great ones, very likable. So, all in all, a very nice book. Yet, Jordan was so annoying that I couldn’t bring myself to like her. It really dampen my opinion toward the whole book. Too bad…

I was provided a complementary co
Gwessie Tee
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Omg beautifull read, the adventure twists and turns in this book are amazing I absolutely love it.
Without trying to spoil it, we have a sweet Dog, nasty villans, a kick butt heroine and a handsome hero, at one point I was in tears for them and also wept with joy with them. Can't wait to read more.

Thank you for writing this amazing story Wynter x
Book Him Danno
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Honestly there isn't much to say the author created a very cute and fun book with characters that are equally has charming.

The story moves well, the characters are entertaining and readers looking for something fun and predictable will enjoy this series.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher Sugar Skull Books for a copy of Wynter Daniels The Genie's Double Trouble.

• The Falcon Tames The Psychic (Nocturne Falls Universe )
  • Miss Frost Cracks A Caper  (Jayne Frost, #4)
  • The Alien Who Fell to Earth (Alienn, Arkansas #2.25; Nocturne Falls Universe)
  • Magic's Promise (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Besphinxed (Harmswood Academy #3)
  • The Reaper Rescues The Genie (Nocturne Falls, #9)
  • When Birdie Babysat Spider: A Jayne Frost Short
  • Miss Frost Braves the Blizzard (Jayne Frost, #5)
  • The Detective Wins The Witch (Nocturne Falls, #10)
  • Witchful Thinking (The Happily Everlasting Series, #4)
  • Merry & Bright: A Christmas Anthology (Nocturne Falls Universe)
  • Fooled Around and Spelled In Love (The Happily Everlasting Series, #3)
  • The Vampire's Priceless Treasure (Nocturne Falls, #11)
  • Dead Man Talking (The Happily Everlasting Series, #1)
  • Miss Frost Says I Do (Jayne Frost, #7)
  • Once Hunted, Twice Shy (The Happily Everlasting Series, #2)
  • The Forgettable Miss French (Shadowvale, #3)
  • The Dragon's Spellbound Alien (Alienn, Arkansas #2.6; Nocturne Falls Universe)
Wynter Daniels has penned more than two dozen books in various romance genres including paranormal, romantic suspense and contemporary for several publishers including Entangled Publishing and Kristen Painter's Nocturne Falls Universe. In 2019, she launched a brand new world with author Catherine Kean. Wynter lives in sunny Florida with her family and a spoiled cat. Find her at www.WynterDaniels.c ...more

Nocturne Falls Universe (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Magic's Song (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • The Vampire Bounty Hunter's Unexpected Catch (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Close Encounters of the Alien Kind (Alienn, Arkansas #0.5; Nocturne Falls Universe)
  • The Witch Rescues Her Werewolf (Nocturne Falls Universe)
  • The Truth About Cats and Wolves (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Reaping The Immortal (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • A Dragon Speaks Her Name  (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Invasion of the Alien Snatchers (Alienn, Arkansas #1.5; Nocturne Falls Universe)
  • Magic's Fate (Nocturne Falls Universe)
  • The Mermaid Catches Her Mate  (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)

News & Interviews