Start by marking “On a Beautiful Day” as Want to Read:
On a Beautiful Day

On a Beautiful Day

Treasure every moment. Life can change in a heartbeat.

What the fans say: 'Wonderful characters and the stories are always great, with twists and turns' Gemma

It’s a beautiful day in Manchester and four friends are meeting for a birthday lunch. But then they witness a shocking accident just metres away which acts as a catalyst for each of them.

For Laura, it’s a

Published January 11th 2018 by Macmillan

To ask other readers questions about On a Beautiful Day, please sign up.
Anastasia Yes, you can purchase this book as a kindle format on amazon.

Start your review of On a Beautiful Day
Rachel Gilbey
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Witnessing a freak accident was the catalyst for the four best friends, that leads to their lives changing drastically.

Jo decides to move in with her boyfriend, partly due to an electricity issue in her current flat and has to see if she can ever work out how to get along with his daughter Maisie.

Eve is concealing from everyone a lump she found on her breast, and starts to act erratically. She is the sort of person who doesn't like lose control over anything. Laura on the other hand finds her
Liz Barnsley
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
On A Beautiful Day is a really excellent and beautifully written story of friendship through the ups – and in this case downs – of life.

One day a group of four friends witness a horrifying accident. How they cope in the aftermath of that, how it is the catalyst for life changes, how it changes their friendship, that is the basis for this novel and it is entirely compelling throughout.

Lucy Diamond creates wonderfully observed, layered characters who are entirely realistic and easy to engage with
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
*https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com
British author Lucy Diamond, who has published over twelve titles, delights her readers with a brand new offering titled, On a Beautiful Day. Diamond’s latest release looks at how life changes in an instant for a circle of four close friends. The fallout from this life altering event forms the basis of On a Beautiful Day.

Lucy Diamond opens her novel, On a Beautiful Day, in the British city of Manchester. It is a special day as four friends gather to
Zoe
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Affecting, inspiring, and delightfully mesmerizing!

On a Beautiful Day is a heartwarming tale that reminds us that life should be lived to the fullest every day and it’s not only the high but also the low moments in life that truly shape us.

There are four main characters in this novel; Eve, an accountant and mother of two who struggles to ask for help; Jo, a divorcee and nurse who's hesitant to fall in love; Laura, a middle-aged woman who craves motherhood; and India, a mother of three who has a
Hannah
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A book set in Manchester I couldn't not love it. Manchester a city I always enjoy visiting and will always have a place in my heart. If I wrote a book this is an idea of a book I'd love to have wrote.

Four friends with four different lives witness life can change in an instant. Showing how people have to deal with the aftermath in there own ways. No two people will deal with the aftermath in the same way. The four friends are easy to tell apart and all keep my interest. The writing style is excel
Michelle
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have always wanted to read a Lucy Diamond book so. When I saw this on Net galley I was excited when my request was accepted.
On a beautiful day is about four friends Eve, India, Jo and Laura who meet up one day for a birthday Lunch in Manchester. When a horrific van accident, just barely misses them and crashes nearby and changes all their lives together.
The story continues and tells us what effects it had to each individual character. Eve who has been ignoring a lump in her breast, feeling con
Nicola Clough
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Lucy Diamonds books and couldn't wait to read this one and she didn't let me down at all this has to be her best by far I was hooked from the first page and so highly recommend anyone to read it as just an excellent book to curl up and enjoy and certainly makes you think and how life can change right in front of your eyes. It's emotional at times as they go through their difficulties and shows pure friendship and how they can pull together to support each other. Certainly makes you think ...more
Fabulous Book Fiend
I've listened to the last couple of Lucy Diamond releases as audio books and I think they work really well when told to you. Because she writes such uplifting stories about very real character, you really do feel like you're being read to as a real treat.

This book was excellent, I loved the characters, the structure and the setting. I also love the fact that the characters had their own story lines at the same time as having a joint storyline, I think this is possibly my favourite structure of
Kim
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Four friends witness a terrible accident whilst dining together. It affects them all in different ways and secrets they have been h0lding and fears all come to the surface.
Lucy Diamond always creates such believable, warm characters and you instantly get drawn into their friendship group. You feel for each of them- as they cope with busy family lives and the worries that come along with relationship issues.
You know that you are going to be guaranteed a lovely read from Lucy and I always look for
Shirley Revill
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I listened to the audiobook version of this story and I ended up burning the midnight oil.
It was far too interesting not to listen to the very end and I loved every second of the story.
A story about friends and the problems that they each encounter in their lives that are made easier to face with the support of true friends.
A really well written story and I will certainly be looking for more from this author.
Best Crime Books & More
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been reading Lucy Diamond for a few years and her books have always been books I remember, however this particular little beauty will stay with me for a while. Based around 4 friends Laura, India, Jo and Eve all of which we see their stories. It's an innocent introduction where the 4 friends meet for lunch. You get a decent background on each woman and where they are in their lives. However, they then witness a shocking accident which will affect all of the women differently.

There wasn't
Agi
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Yes, guys. I love stories about friends and I love Lucy Diamond's novels, so what could be better than a brand new Lucy Diamond book about four friends? Exactly! Lucy's novels are always so comforting, they are easy reads that make you laugh and cry and they are always a winner, you can be sure that Ms Diamond is going to deliver a book that'll fulfil all of your expectations. And it's the same with "On a Beautiful Day", just grab the book, your favourite blanket and a mug of hot chocolate with
Lisa Whittaker
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another gorgeous book from Lucy Diamond - one of my favourite authors. A story about friendship, heartbreak and the determination to carry on regardless. From Eve’s shocking, life changing diagnosis to Laura’s unexpected and longed for news. This story follows the lives of four best friends and the repercussions of an accident they all witnessed one day in Manchester.

I was so invested in all of the characters - they are all so likeable and relatable. We all have such busy lives and sometimes I
Cressida McLaughlin
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Such a beautiful book. Heartbreaking in places, but ultimately uplifting. My first Lucy Diamond book but definitely not my last.
Charlotte Ashcroft
I loved this book so much couldn’t put it down 😊
Claire
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
It’s been a while since I’ve read a Lucy Diamond book but On A Beautiful Day was an absolute treat.

It follows the lives of Jo, Laura, Eve and India - a group of friends from Manchester who face life’s daily trials and tribulations. When a freak accident happens just yards away from them they are all affected in their own way be it facing a health scare or starting a new relationship.

I started this book on Saturday and finished it on Monday evening as I found it difficult to put down. You can r
Claire Mc Partlin
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a really compelling read about four friends and their lives. It didn't take long for me to get my head around their four lives either as it was set out really well.

The four friends, India, Laura, Jo and Eve (Laura & Jo are sisters) meet up at the beginning of the book for lunch for India's birthday. But whilst sitting outside the restaurant in the sun a van goes out of control in front of them and narrowly misses them all, ploughing into a flower shop opposite instead and hitting a few
Helen Edwards
Jan 10, 2018 rated it liked it
This is not the first Lucy Diamond book I have read, and whilst I enjoyed it, it is not my favourite book of hers. There was something a bit predictable about it - it lacked a little something. That said, it is a good story and I did enjoy finding out what happened to each of the four female protagonists. I think my favourite character was Jo. All four were relatable though, and what was a little different was the fact they witnessed an accident (I thought it was going to be turn out to be an ac ...more
Jeanniehay64
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Centred around four friends who have very different lives but share a strong friendship the book explores many issues in a very real and thoughtful way. Relationships, families, health issues,untold secrets are all wound into the fabric of the book and Lucy's understanding of human relationships is very evident.

I loved all the characters and couldn't stop reading until l found out what would happen to each of them.
A beautiful read and one I would recommend wholeheartedly.

Th
Laurel
Nov 26, 2017 rated it liked it
I was given an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest and independent review.
A book about friendships, love, hard times and relationships. I liked the bond between the four friends which was realistic and well developed. Whilst I quite liked the storyline and was interested to see how each of the characters lives turned out, it lacked that little something which makes a book compelling.
3 stars
Lydia Bailey
Read this in two hits & found it an entertaining, easy read. I have enjoyed some of Lucy Diamond’s books but have to say this is my least favourite of hers to date.
Tracey Anderson
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Lucy Diamond noble and I really enjoyed it. I liked how there were four separate storylines for each of the characters and that they all connected with each other. Every character was likeable although very different. Following these four close friends in the wake of a tragic accident and seeing the way it impacted each of them was an emotional rollercoaster ride. I hope to read more of this author.
Meital Ben-Daniel
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: between-friends
On a Beautiful Day is a beautiful book about friendship between four women, who witness an accident close by. They escape the near-death ordeal only to find out that this scene takes each and every one of them in separate directions....
This is my first book of Lucy Diamond. I enjoyed her writing and couldn't wait to get back to my reading, right up till the end !
I loved it. Highly recommended for a good summer read!
Emma Crowley
Dec 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
On a Beautiful Day by Lucy Diamond is certainly a beautifully written book that will leave you a wreck one minute and have you laughing the next. You can't but fail to become deeply involved in the lives of the four main female protagonists, India, Laura, Eve and Jo. I'll admit I haven't read a huge amount from Lucy Diamond. possibly two books maybe three at the most, but it was both the cover and blurb that made me want to read this book and boy am I glad I did. By no means in anyway is this yo ...more
Bvictory
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“On a beautiful day” was my first Lucy Diamond book. I liked that book and I found it interesting and amusing!
Trish Hills
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to confess 2 things before I start. One is that this is the first Lucy Diamond book I have read. Rest assured, it won't be the last! The second thing is that at 20% through, I nearly stopped reading. This is not because I wasn't enjoying the book, but because it was so well written that it became too emotional and too close to home. I decided to suck it up and carry on and I am so glad that I did!

This book is beautiful! Full of heart, soul, love, laughter and friendship, it is the story
Jodie- Readthewriteact
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was sent to me by the publisher for my honest review.

In this book each central character is trying to work their way through a life issue which they have not shared with one another. These issues are present before the group witnesses the tragic accident, but the event of the accident impacts how they tackle these issues. Each woman has her own unique personality, so they are all effected to varying degrees.

These characters are equal parts amazing and frustrating, except for maybe Laur
Alison
Three and a half stars.

Four friends meet up for lunch to celebrate one of their birthdays but a near-miss tragedy forces each of them to re-examine their lives and decide what is important because each of their lives is about to change dramatically.

Eve, accountant, married mother of two and control freak has found a lump in her breast.

Jo, nurse and recently divorced has just met a new man, could he be the one?

India, children's music teacher and married mother of three is particularly affected by
Niamh
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-arcs
Oh I love Lucy Diamond. I really really do. So when I saw her newest book available through Netgalley, I immediately snatched it up. Her novels are always so incredibly comforting to me. They might not be the most complex or the most thought provoking, but they make you laugh, they make you cry, and they make you consider life in a greater context. Thank you to Netgalley and Pan Macmillian for supplying me with an e-arc of this book.

'On A Beautiful Day' follows four women who are witness to a h
Novelle Novels
Jul 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 out of 5 stars
This is such an emotional and eventful book from start to finished centred around friendships. When an accident happens at the start of the book all 4 friends confront their own life’s and re evaluate a lot. For me it struck a real cord and makes me think about how are life’s are shaped by events that happen both to us and around us..
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• My One True North
  • The Magnificent Mrs Mayhew
  • If You Could Go Anywhere
  • The Perfectly Imperfect Woman
  • Happiness for Beginners
  • The Cosy Seaside Chocolate Shop
  • Hetty’s Farmhouse Bakery (Hetty’s Farmhouse Bakery, #1-4)
  • Five Years From Now
  • The Last Piece of My Heart
  • Never Greener
  • Paper Hearts & Summer Kisses
Librarian note:
There is more than one author in the GoodReads database with this name

First of all, a confession. My name isn’t really Lucy Diamond at all, it’s Sue Mongredien. I’ve used a pen name because ‘Diamond’ is a lot easier to spell and pronounce than ‘Mongredien’ and also because I’ve written lots of children’s books too and wanted to keep the genres separate. (There is actually another Lu

News & Interviews

Secrets between siblings, grandparents with grievances, parents with problems. If you're looking for serious drama, check out these new...