Start by marking “Holding Onto Forever (Beaumont - Next Generation, #1)” as Want to Read:
Holding Onto Forever (Beaumont - Next Generation, #1)

Holding Onto Forever

(Beaumont: Next Generation #1)

The road for Noah Westbury has been carved out for him, long before he knew who his father was. Making sure he worked hard to deserve the opportunities provided to him, Noah is where he's dreamed of being - starting QB for Portland Pioneers. Together, with his model girlfriend by his side, life can't get much better. Except that standing in his path is Peyton Powell-James, ...more
Published October 12th 2017

Start your review of Holding Onto Forever (Beaumont - Next Generation, #1)
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
It would be fair to say that this book had me in its grip within the first few pages. I should also point out that I unwisely decided to begin reading this late at night before going to bed, one chapter won't hurt right? I should not have underestimated Heidi's writing, she always manages to draw me into her emotionally charged stories. That is why I was nearly halfway through this book at 1.30am and had to force myself to put it down. However, I then lay awake for another hour just thinking abo ...more
Nicole H.
Oct 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
Let me preface this by saying I've five starred every other book in the Beaumont series and was looking forward to Noah's love story. Liam was my favorite. He was so distinctive and I expected so much from his son.... but

Holy shit. That was so boring. I kept getting distracted by tv commercials and skipping several pages at a time just to see if anything ever happened. Spoiler- nothing does. On my death bed I will want back the hours wasted by reading this dull and pointless book. I had the har
Anne OK
Oct 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads
Yeah, not so much of a hit for me. I was sorely disappointed, too. The theme is a big favorite of mine. I love a quarterback -- and the best friends to lovers romance. You'll get no argument from me that this one had some heavy emotional feels. Peyton's accident and recovery took my breath away. I'll admit that I misted up throughout most of those moments.

Noah and Peyton, childhood best friends in a lifetime close-knit-family-ties way was prevalent throughout. Except it was hijacked by too many
Lu Bielefeld
If the accident of our heroine had not happened he would still be happy with his girlfriend.
Another weak hero who is easily fooled by the other woman. He goes with the flow and agrees with the other woman even against his will. I think he's a fool.
The supernatural touch with the coma of the heroine gives a dramatic touch.
OK.
Alpha Possessive Heroes
4.5 stars!

Love everything about this book. I highly recommend if you're into childhood friends turns into love but shit happens theme.. lol! I've read the book Forever My Girl and that's a long time ago.. so when all these names throwing from left to right was confusing as fuck! I was in a phase where I'm like "who are all these people?!" transition from "oh.. that's her, or wow that's him" but despite all that it didn't stop me from devouring this book!

Eventho the plot we-grew-up-together-best
1-Click Addict Support Group
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
They've known each other since they were young. Yet they never crossed that line until they did. We get to see both POV's and it helped to be able to see what each one meant to the other in their own words.

Noah and Peyton didn't know how they felt for each other because they were resolved to never cross that line so they moved on with their lives but I could see that they both were not happy. I wanted to shake them both and have them see that their perfect one is right in front of them!!!

Well t
NinaReader
This was just ok.

Coming off a high from a really enjoyable wrap up book of Josie and Liam's story - this next generation story of their son Noah was disappointing. With Josie and Liam having such a great story and watching Noah grow into a man, I thought this would be pretty great.

I didn't expect that Noah would be such a dumbass. I mean male characters can do some dumbass things but Noah seems to do it over and over and with characters that we already knew, this was such a let down. I didn't f
Heroesinbooks
3 Peyton and Noah Stars

The Next Generation of Beaumont kicks off with Peyton and Noah’s story. Noah is the son of 4225 West frontman, Liam Westbury & Josie from Forever My Girl. Peyton is five years younger than Noah and is the daughter of Katelyn & Harrison.

Peyton has loved Noah since Kindergarten. Noah has had feelings for her since childhood too but he was always mindful of their 5 yr age difference. Now Noah is a big shot in the NFL as the starting Quarterback for Portland Pioneers whilst P
TereseDK
Sometimes I hate myself...

description

I read the first 40% and liked the drama, then I got super impatient and skipped to 80% and read the rest in one go. I was only supposed to skim not actually READ the rest. And then, of course, I couldn't go back to the 40% and read the in-between, cos I was already mad at the H for being a dumbass but relieved that I didn't have to actually read and experience his dumbass moves, just the aftermath of him being a dumbass. STUPID!

description

So what do you rate a book when you love
Kaylee Ryan
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A rollercoaster of emotions. McLaughlin takes you on a journey of two hearts destined to be together.
Lanie
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: emotional
i love it! so emotional and heartbreaking! prepare tissues!
Krystal Gaddis
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
Okay first, this started off okay. The accident, the emotion...it definitely kept me turning the pages.

But then the Dessie part....

I've never rolled my eyes so many times. Every character in this book just seemed so weak and gullible. Nobody calls Dessie out on her antics...they just go along with it and give in to anything she wants. In what world does a expectant father or his protective mother, especially a suspicious one, not ask for a sonogram...dr details....hell, ask her to pee on a stick
Stacie
Oct 29, 2017 rated it liked it
3 1/2 Stars.
Chivii Cuello
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
OH MY GOOOOOSSSSHHHHHH.. NOAH AND PEYTON I'M DYING
AJ
A surprising and truly heart-wrenching read

I love the idea of this series! Heidi McLaughlin has taken us back into the world of her Beaumont series, and is giving us the stories of the children who stole our hearts. First up is Noah (son of Liam & Josie from Forever My Girl) and Peyton (daughter of Harrison & Katelyn from My Unexpected Forever) and a friends-to-lovers romance that will rip your heart out and keep you guessing how it’s all going to unfold.

Noah and Peyton have been the best of fr
J.E. Benoit
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on behalf of The Book Boyfriend Addict (www.bookboyfriendaddict.com). A complimentary copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

To Peyton, I’m Noah. The guy she’s known her entire life and once called her best friend.
To me, she’s everything.

Noah Westbury and Peyton Powell-James have been friends since they were children. Their families are a close-knit group that’s always been there for one another. Somewhere along the line feelings more than friendship started to develop
Nancy Metsch
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I have read. I usually do a top 20 list for the year and this book will be on it...Why? It's was so beautiful. Noah Westbury is the guy every girl wants in their lives. For Peyton Powell-James, he was the best big brother ever..Then he became the guy all her friends were crushing on, including her. But the biggest change came when Peyton turned 18 and Noah saw her as a beautiful woman and suddenly the 5 year age difference didn't matter..
BUT Peyton is getting ready to go
Rebecca
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Since I first read the Beaumont series four years ago, I desperately wanted Peyton and Noah’s story to be told. I can honestly say, this is hands down my favorite book of Heidi’s, and one of her best works to date. I can’t even put into words just how phenomenal this story was. Holding Onto Forever is one of my top reads this year, and I can’t wait for who’s love story we get next.
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
Total binge read!

When I decided to read Holding Onto Forever, by Heidi McLaughlin, I had a feeling that it was going to be good because I loved the other books in the Beaumont series. I’ve been a little leery about reading series spin-offs lately. There have been times I have read a spin-off, and it was so-so, or I felt lost (if I didn’t read the original book it was based on). I’m thrilled to report that this wasn’t the case!

Holding Onto Forever is the first book in The Beaumont Series: Next Ge
Tori
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
The spin-off to McLaughlin's best selling Beaumont series was a bit of a disappointment. Especially the fact that the hero is Noah Westbury whose father was the hero in Forever My Girl. I expected something a little bit similar in terms of emotional journeys, heartbreak, redemption, and of course family because that is the base on which McLaughlin writes. Unfortunately this one felt extremely juvenile and stilted in terms of narrative and storyline. Using the tried-and-true element of 'you don't ...more
Karen
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm not a huge fan of Noah but my girl, Peyton is a huge fan. The heart wants who the heart wants.

I didn't care for Noah because of his girlfriend. I hate when guys are oblivious to the horrible people they are dating because she's beautiful. He apparently is dumb and has no cawhonas.

But the writing with Peyton struggling to survive was so good. The tight knit family is so fun to read in this series as well. Hoping Quinn and Elle both get a book!!
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
Words can not even come close to expressing all the feels wrapped up in this book. I have been a fan from the moment I met Liam Westbury. I went on a journey with all his band mates. And now, the author brings us a love story for the ages. The children of Liam, Harrison and Jimmy are growing up. This is where the tale continues. What happened to those adorable children?

Holding Onto Forever brings us a first look. Noah Westbury and Peyton Powell-James have been friends since Peyton was born. But
Love N. Books
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ellie's $0.02:

To pick my favorite Heidi McLaughlin book is like having to eat tacos just one day a week. Impossible.

This is the start of the next generation. Literally. It's the Next Generation series of the Beaumonts. And yeah, the next generation is all grown up and falling in love and having sex. Weird.

You do not have to have read the Beaumont Series to understand and enjoy this series. Of course, the characters appear in this one and was so cool to have them woven into the story. So those of
Anne Milne
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really loved reading about Noah and Peyton two young people destined to be together.

This story was like a rollercoaster ride, my emotions were all over the place. I was willing them on but with outside forces conspiring against them maybe fate has other plans for them.

It was fun catching up with all the families.
Coco.V
Apr 02, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/2/2020)! 🎁
Amber Boyd
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying that Heidi did SOOOO GOOD!! This book! Guys I mean it, there just aren't words adequate enough to describe the range of emotions brought by this story! It was heartbreaking and hopeful and angsty in a way that I just couldn't stop reading. I've always loved this Beaumont Series from the first time I read Forever My Girl, so to now experience Noah and Peyton as adults? Well let me say there were a lot of tears! A LOT! And I may have yelled at the author while reading a time ...more
Karen
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Decided to refresh up for the second book, and boy - am I glad I did. The Beaumont books are all so good, and this NG story is amazing. It's heartwrenching, angsty, charming, and even funny in parts. (Sometimes darkly so).

If I could give out a little advice to start though...

When you're a Romance Hero and you're dating a model, don't marry her. She's no good. Trust me on this. The girl you've been pining after your whole life? SHE'S the one you should focus on. I don't know why they don't get th
Christine Ray
Apr 29, 2018 rated it liked it
giulia_arg
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
Sparkle Reyes
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
This story had so much potential. Peyton was ok, didn't fall in love with her and Noah was a pushover. I just wanted him to have a backbone. I could have done without reading this tbh.

I enjoyed their parents story's were good so I had high expectations for this one and was sorely disappointed. I skimmed through the last few chapters because I got a bit bored and the whole fake pregnancy plot was so unnecessary.

• Fight for Me (The Arrowood Brothers, #2)
  • Come Back for Me (The Arrowood Brothers, #1)
  • Love At First Sight (Southern Bride, #1)
  • One Last Time (Second Time Around, #2)
  • Viewing Room (Society X, #2)
  • Brothers South of the Mason Dixon (South of the Mason Dixon, #2)
  • Catch Me When I Fall (Falling Stars #2)
  • The Ninth Inning (The Boys of Baseball, #1)
  • Best I've Ever Had (Sea Breeze Meets Rosemary Beach, #3)
  • Always Enough (Meet Me in Montana, #2)
  • Love Again (Cowboys and Angels, #4)
  • Sweet Little Memories (Sweet, #3)
  • Kiss the Stars (Falling Stars, #1)
  • Tainted Butterfly (Tainted Knights, #2)
  • A Secret for a Secret (All In, #3)
  • Down Too Deep (Dirty Deeds, #4)
Heidi McLaughlin is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of The Beaumont Series, The Boys of Summer, and The Archers.

Originally, from the Pacific Northwest, she now lives in picturesque Vermont, with her husband, two daughters, and their three dogs.

In 2012, Heidi turned her passion for reading into a full-fledged literary career, writing over twenty novels, inclu

Beaumont: Next Generation (4 books)
  • My Unexpected Love (Beaumont - Next Generation, #2)
  • Chasing My Forever (Beaumont: Next Generation, #3)
  • Fighting For Our Forever (Beaumont: Next Generation #4)