Start by marking “The Librarian” as Want to Read:
The Librarian

The Librarian

This is an alternate cover edition for B06XD33QCP

A shy librarian accidentally stumbles on a conspiracy by a group of rogue cops. Assaulted, framed and sent to prison to ensure her silence, Sarah discovers a fierce will to live and a startling capacity for violence that enables her to survive the harsh prison environment. On her release, Sarah learns her father died alone
Published September 2017 by Telwell Talent

To ask other readers questions about The Librarian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Librarian

Start your review of The Librarian
Ed
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Introverted librarian Sarah Andrews unintentionally ends up in the wrong place at the wrong time walking past a drug bust by crooked cops in the process of skimming a million dollars for themselves. When the money they skimmed goes missing, Sarah is taken to an unused detention center where she's hung from the ceiling, tasered and framed with cocaine in her clothing. They arrange for her to take a guilty plea and serve a three month sentence in a maximum women's prison where she's targeted for a ...more
Annalinda Ragazzo
A fast and enjoyable read. While highly improbable that the mild mannered, nerdy librarian would undergo such a radical change, survive prison and thwart attempts on her life and turn successful vigilante, I still found myself rooting for her.
Tony Parsons
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Carlos & Raul confronted Sarah Andrews (34, Glenwood Library librarian).
Paul Taylor (46, ex-mercenary, US Navy SEAL) took care of the 2 thugs & walked her partially home to Eastgate.
Police Chief Ed Moorby, & Captain Peter Lindsay (6th. Precinct) had a War on Drugs campaign going on.
Backfield Building. Sergeant John Gordon (6th. Precinct) finally got Nick Costanza drug dealer) to talk.

Paul (Taylor Security Services) later asked Sarah out for dinner.
What were Officer Tom Miller, & Officer Chris L
Mike Nemeth
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"The Librarian" starts out with a chance encounter on a train that establishes the tone of this thriller. Protagonist Sarah Andrews isn't tough. She's a librarian and not at all sure she can stand up for herself. When faced by a couple of thugs, she tries to ignore them. But they're not interested in leaving her alone. And it isn't until a guy with white hair sends them packing that they leave her be. Andrews is intrigued by this man who turns out to be younger than he looks. She tells him where ...more
John E. Donovan
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
" ... is a dish best served cold!

Wrongly accused, definitely, p.o.'ed, and determined to right the wrongs inflicted on her, librarian Sarah Andrews proves herself to be, not only, a survivor, but also a force to be reckoned with.
Well-developed characters, interesting but scarily-realistic plot, and full of action, this is a book that's hard to put down.
I've become a fan of Author Philip Wilson, and I'm confident that anyone who enjoys good fiction will join my ranks once they've read this fast-p
Cynthia L. Turner
INTENSE!!!!!

What a fantastic read! This book explodes with action! Sarah Andrews is a quiet and shy librarian that has devoted her life to her mother and father. When her father has a medical emergency, Sarah's nightmare begins. So much heartache and sadness but Sarah meets Paul Taylor and her life takes a turn for the better. Life does work out for Sarah and Paul but the twists and turns will definitely keep the reader's attention and interest. Paul and Sarah do get their HEA but getting there!
Brett
Apr 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A shy and quiet librarian gets revenge when her local police mistreat her.

If you suspend your disbelief you might really enjoy this story. You can't help but cheer for the librarian, Sarah Andrews. She was framed for a crime she had nothing to do with, when she finally gets released from prison, she plans on some payback to the cops that almost killed her...

The romance was a little too lovey-dovey at times, but I did enjoy the story.

Bonus points from me, for having a bodybuilder character that
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
An apt book cover, an awesome font, ‘show and don’t tell’ type of writing style. An amazing, very well written crime thriller book. It was very easy for me to read and follow and I never experienced a single dull moment. There were no grammar or typo error. Numerous exciting scenes, This could also be made into an astonishing thriller movie.

I loved Sarah’s character and how she discovers the inner strength to take control of her life. A touching love story of Sarah with Paul combined with a sati
Kay-em
Mar 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: okay-ish
Recommended by Goodreads - I was intrigued by the plot summary. I read it through in one sitting because the storyline is full of suspense plus I wanted to see justice done. I must give credit to the author - for a first novel, the writing is really good. On the slightly down side though - the story is a little far fetched so there's need to suspend belief in several places and I had some ethical issues with the way resolution took place.
William Prange
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing Book!

I immediately became engaged with the main character and found her to be believable. The book was a welcome change to some of the spy novels and murder mysteries that I have been reading. It was a real page turner that made for an enjoyable read. There are parts of the book that will test the credibility of the plot but not enough to detract from the book or the "mission" of the main character. Enjoy!
Matthew Cross
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this if a pretty fantastic book , at first I thought would I like it ? but after giving it 30 pages I got more and more hooked , so far I haven't read the count of monte cristo but I have watched a handful of adaptions and in many ways it seems quite similar , with the main character, what happens at certain points but in a modern world I found I couldn't put it down , but in a middle of a house move that's hard to do
Bob Collins
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Libraian

A very good book. Parts of it were a bit over simplified, but it was a good read. Kind of easy to predict what was happening next, but that just made it easier to read. I read most of this book in bed, before going to sleep, and it was not too difficult to keep up with. I will look for more of Philip Wilson's books, to have around when I want to read in bed.
Shirley Ashe
Not your typical librarian!!!

Even though the story had a number of holes, it showed how a mild mannered person can do anything if pushed too far. The Sarah Andrews character in the book reminded me of the Sarah Connor character from the Terminator movies. Just like in Terminator, our Sarah becomes a "kickass" heroine who takes justice into her own hands.
Charlie Mackenzie
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an EXCELLENT book. Nice easy read, with lots of plot twists. Can't say enough about this book. Has just the right amount of complexity to keep the pace moving, and you are always wondering what will happen next! Wow!

Just bought this authors second book, and really looking forward to that!
JACQUELINE hill
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A remarkable read

The Librarian is so well written that it's hard to believe that it is the author's first publication. The characters are vividly drawn and the plot was crafted in a manner that led the reader intensely from page to page. I finished the book in two sittings. Am looking forward to Philip Wilson's next book.
Gloria Pearson-Vasey
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is a page-turner. Philip Wilson spins a remarkable story complete with mood inspiring settings and intriguing characters. There’s an interesting blend of romance and revenge along with no shortage of surprises. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Tim Gray
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm not saying it's the most believable novel ever, but it's got lots of action, a clear plotline - with a few twists, and some time has been spent on the characters. An engaging 'revenge thriller'.
David Berkley
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book.

Great plot with plenty of twists to keep you turning the pages. Would definitely read the next book in the series.
Florentino  Terrazss
Librarian

Great read with great characters. Enjoyed the storyline and had a hard time putting book down. Would enjoy reading authors books.
Janis Young
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unforgettable

I could not put this book down. Very suspenseful, loved the characters. Perfect book for these cold days. Now I must read everything this author has written.
Renee
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A tangled retribution

Fantastic characters, far fetched revenge plots, murder and a love story.... i will definitely continue reading this guy's books!!! Defintely recommend.
Sheri
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unique Kind Of Justice

You were drawn into the story from the very first sentence. This is unlike any bad cop story I have read before. There are some grammatical errors in the book but the story is well worth the read!
Elizabeth Hamlett
This book was really great, couldn't put the

Book down. Philip Wilson is a great story
teller. Can't wait to read another of his books.
I would recommend this book The Librarian
to my friends. Thank you

Nikki Schneider
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can picture the movie now!

This book was reminiscent of Sidney Sheldon. I loved his vulnerable, mild-mannered librarian lead who dealt with injustice and turned into a strong, vengeful heroine. Could not put it down! If there was ever a vengeance plot fit for an awesome movie this is it. Read it and you will understand why!
Michael Moss
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!

It's been a long time since I blazed straight through a book in one day! Absolutely couldn't put it down!
jj
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hollywood

If they don't make a movie from this book then Hollywood has definitely lost the ability to see a good story. Needs some editing, but that doesn't detract from the storyline. Some areas raised my eyebrows, but would recommend it nonetheless.
Steve
Apr 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable tale of revenge and retribution. I would recommend to anyone who likes the Taken movies.
Reece
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kept my attention

Very good book. It kept my attention. I look forward to reading Wilson's future books. Good first book
Chris Johnson
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved it. Couldn't put down the book.

The mention of Count of Monte Cristo said it all. I think it's a brillilant re-imagining/adaptation/homage for modern times -- minus the escape.
Tammy Buchli
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Over-the-top revenge thriller. Not even remotely plausible, but a lot of fun, in the way revenge thrillers often are.

• Las Vegas Girl (Baxter and Holt, #1)
  • Hellfire (Hawk Tate, #4)
  • The Scorekeeper (Reed & Billie #6)
  • Mirror, Mirror
  • The Subway
  • The Trap
  • The Last Job
  • True Fiction (Ian Ludlow Thrillers #1)
  • Executive (Alex Hoffmann, #1)
  • Assassins Hunted
  • Manhunt (Paul Richter, #6)
  • When the Man Comes Around (Lawson Raines #1)
  • Spare Change (The My Mira Saga #1)
  • Home Fire (Hawk Tate, #5)
  • The Girl at the Deep End of the Lake (Jackson Blackhawk #1)
  • Justice at Jericho Springs
  • Snow
  • Ham
Philip Wilson is the author of two books - The Librarian and Songs for Lucy. Both books are available online through Amazon, Chapters and Barnes and Noble in paperback, hardcover and e-book formats.

The Librarian received a 5-star rating by IndieReader and was featured in the Huffington Post as one of the best reviewed books of 2017.

A former financial executive, the author began writing after ret