Start by marking “Alterni” as Want to Read:
Alterni

Alterni

(Alt-World Chronicles #1)

It's hard to compete with a ghost...or eight...of yourself.

Ever have a nightmare where you're naked in public? What if everyone else in the room was also naked…and also a version of yourself? That's the reality Esme Kuchis finds herself in, and soon things get even weirder.
She's not in her Kansas City anymore. This alternate world is home to an ancient, secret Order with
Published December 12th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Alterni, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alterni

Start your review of Alterni
Pat
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I may be a little biased, but this is my favorite book from this author. I’ve recently read a lot of sci-fi/fantasy books that tend to data dump in the beginning. This one does a nice job of blending world and character building while advancing the plot. This book has been one of the most fun that I have read in awhile. Definitely worth a read.
K.J. Simmill
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Esme was trapped, locked in a room with nine very different versions of herself. None of whom seemed to have the faintest idea what was happening. There was but one constant, they were all her, and yet each one was different. When released from her prison she saw something in the eyes of those who gazed upon her, recognition. The Order, the people responsible for bringing her to this alternate reality, have been keeping a secret from the people of their world. A dangerous secret. Beings from ano ...more
Lynda
Jul 17, 2018 rated it liked it
** I voluntarily reviewed Alterni after receiving a free copy. This is my complete and honest opinion. **
*** This review will not include any spoilers. ***
Alterni is a 3-star book, maybe even a 3.3-star.
Alterni is the first book in a new fantasy alternate reality series. Set in Kansas City… In an alternate world.
Esme finds herself surrounded by 9 other Esme… No two are exactly alike but all come from Kansas. How is that possible? Anything is possible in this other realm.
This world is home to a s
Billy Buttons
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was entered in The Wishing Shelf Book Awards. This is what our readers thought:
Title: Alterni (The Alt-World Chronicles Book 1)
Author: Sunshine Somerville

Writing Style: 9/10
Content: 10/10
Cover: 8/10
Of the 19 readers:
19 would read another book by this author.
15 thought the cover was good or excellent.
18 felt it was easy to follow.
19 would recommend this story to another reader to try.
9 felt the author’s strongest skill was ‘plo
Faizal
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
*POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD… BEWARE*
*3.5 Stars*

Alterni by Sunshine Somerville is perfect for those readers who enjoy YA novels with a strong female protagonist.

Esme has just been chosen as the Alterni. She and many other Esme’s from other worlds are summoned and Esme stands out the most with her strong personality and her protectiveness of the others when a monster shows up.

We are introduced to a world of magic and monsters. The usual monsters such as vampires, werewolves, trolls, etc. are seen as
Buddy
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Literature is full of cool fictional artifacts: the One Ring, the Elder Wand, the Hitchhikers Guide. I think the castorca ranks among them in terms of overall coolness and integration into its fictional world.

The castorca is wielded by Esme, the eponymous Alterni, in order to help her channel her magical abilities in the alternate version of earth to which she has been shanghaied (like many alterni before her) to aid a mysterious order in its quest to prevent invasion by interdimensional demons.
Kay Spriggs
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Esme Kuchis finds herself in a room with other naked versions of herself then things get even weirder.
She not in her Kansas City anymore she’s in an alternate world which is home to a secret order with a King , Conjurors , fighters and lots of supernatural races. The secret order is there to fight the malevolenci which are demonic beasts they make rifts into the world to attack its residents. Esme is an Alerni summoned by the King to fight the beasts with the magic only an Alterni can wield . Es
mia
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing, the mind bending premise of alternative worlds and fantastic mix of paranormal races was so addictive it caught my attention right from the beginning, I was so disappointed when I finished the book, I just wanted more! I can't wait for the next book this promises to be a wonderful series, the narration by Sommer Hines was very expressive and I hope to here more from her in the future.
Jaime
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t really know anything about Alterni before I started reading it. Once I started, I could not stop. I read 80% in one sitting, the finished up the next day. The storyline is so unique, and it drew me in. The characters are all amazingly written, and I felt like I was really in the story, experiencing it as Esme was. I can’t wait to read the other books in the series.
Michelle VanDaley
Aug 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Alterni is a fresh and original tale. Overall it is a good read - I had a hard time getting into it but am glad i stuck with it. I would definitely give the second book a try
Jackie
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a different type of fantasy. Imagine eight of yourself, how to cope with that. Loved every part, from beginning to the end.
Kristen Nicole
Richa
Jan 13, 2018
Selina
Jan 14, 2018

• Paranormal Hunters (Magical Hunters Academy, #1)
  • Luna Rising: Book 1 of the Luna Rising Series
  • Destine Academy Book 1
  • Masking the Fae King (Bramble's Edge Academy, #2)
  • Death In Her Eyes
  • Empyrean Witch (Demigoddess Chronicles, #1)
  • A Class of Conjuring (Enchanted Academy, #1)
  • The Complete Artifact Reaper Saga (The Artifact Reaper Saga)
  • Voodoo Butterfly (Voodoo Butterfly, #1)
  • Academy of Shifters: Hell Week
  • Absolute Zero (Soldier of Light Chronicles, #2)
  • Year One: Bloodshed Academy
  • Managed 3: A Rock Star Romance
  • Caffeinated Magic: Supernatural Barista Academy
  • The Gremlin Prince (Empowered #1)
  • Emergence (Sever the Crown, #1)
  • Wicked Game (Feathers and Fate, #2)
  • Zombie Perdition: Still Alive Book Seven
Sunshine Somerville is a Science Fantasy author who loves blending genres. She has a degree in English Literature and self-published her first book at the ripe old age of nine.  Originally from the beachy side of Michigan, she now lives in the Detroit area with her husband, two fur babies, and one human daughter.
The Kota Series is a Science Fantasy epic based on youthful obsessions with X-Men, St

Alt-World Chronicles (2 books)
  • Malevolenci