Start by marking “By The Horns (The Stables #5)” as Want to Read:
By The Horns (The Stables #5)

By The Horns

(The Stables #5)

Something's rotten in Johnson County, and Texas Ranger Cole Carter aims to find out what. What he doesn't expect to find is a tough county judge who asks him to go undercover at a place that requires a safeword. Judge Bruce Montgomery knew it was a crazy idea from the start, but he's desperate to discover who's been blackmailing club members. If he gets closer to the hands ...more
Published September 26th 2017

To ask other readers questions about By The Horns, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about By The Horns

Line
Oct 08, 2018 marked it as probably-not-but-freebie
Freebie at amazon.com right now: https://www.amazon.com/Horns-Stables-...
Lina
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this story and I didn't get bored. The chemistry between the protagonists was gold and it gave me some feels, however it bothers me that this story is so depended of the other books. There is not a resolution for the mystery in this book, and that's something that "might" happen in the next book.
Ed Davis
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this book and would have given it 5 Stars, but it ended without solving the mystery. The main characters were wonderful and the writing was spot on. The next book in the series is not a m/m romance so I don’t guess I’ll ever know what happened.☹ ...more
Coco.V
Oct 09, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (10/9/18)!💝
Kristina
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq
Excellent Addition to the Series

I luuuurve this series so much, and Bruce and Cole’s story just makes it that much better.
Both men are accomplished, efficient, and solid in their professional lives. But only one is involved in the lifestyle, while the other just requires some guiding. But how to get him there...
Bruce, the county judge, is a longtime dominant. Not an alpha a-hole Neanderthal, but someone who truly enjoys dominating and receiving another’s submission.
Cole is a Texas Ranger who
Donna
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book! Highly recommended

This is a wonderful addition to The Stable series!
With the addition of Cole to this amazing group of characters we get to know more about Master Bull and the on going storyline's started in the previous books.
As with all the other books in this series I couldn't put this one down! The strong feeling the author creates of love, acceptance, support and the feeling of family at The Stables is truly uplifting!
I'm now off the read the rest of the series all over aga
Jill Hornor
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Limits

Not bad. A good portrayal of a few different aspects of bdsm. The quickness of Cole taking to the scene was a little odd for me. I also would have liked if the author had talked about hard and soft limits, which are extremely important to establish at the start of any bdsm relationship, even if the relationship only lasts one scene. Other than that, good job portraying the lifestyle.
Patricia Baxes
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This Series just continues to get better!

Wow. Another masterful storyline; exceptional characters; an emotional roller coaster ride if there ever was one. This one just demands you keep flipping those pages!
Sali
This book is a surprise to me. I haven't read the other books in the series, read it as a standalone and it's easy enough to follow.
It's sweet and beautiful with well written characters. Beautiful love story. I wouldn't mind more about them. No heavy bdsm, but it's there and well handle.
Lene
Feb 14, 2018 rated it liked it
MM romance.
Queen Talk Talk
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kinky
Another love story

I like how these books aren't just about kinky love. A little mystery, action/adventure, romance, with kinky sexy times is a good description.
Jamie
Janet
Jun 15, 2018
Cassie
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was a bit unsure about this book when I first realised it was an mm book. Having not read one before I was a bit apprehensive. But having read all the previous books and loving the way this author writes I gave it a go. And oh my gosh, I am so glad that I did. The author has written it superbly, a great credit to her writing. I even slowed my reading down as to prolong the ending. Great Characters, storyline and non blood family strength. A must read
« previous 1 3 next »
C.E. Kilgore (1981 - ) is an author without genre, who likes to dabble in several genres from romance to science fiction. She also enjoys pushing the boundaries of those genres, trying new things, venturing outside formulas and turning tropes on their heads. Admittedly a control freak, she is currently a self-published author under the name Tracing The Stars, and hasn't quite found the publisher w ...more

The Stables (6 books)
  • All These Pieces of Me (The Stables, #1)
  • Obsessive Compulsion (The Stables #2)
  • If You Still Want Me (The Stables #3)
  • Pierce the Heart (The Stables #4)
  • Crows Don't Sing (The Stables #6)