Start by marking “Catching London (Heartless Few #1)” as Want to Read:
Catching London (Heartless Few #1)

Catching London

(Heartless Few #1)

An alternative cover edition for this ASIN can be found here.

He’s not looking to change his bad boy ways.

Arlo Jones is a bad boy billionaire rock star with the world at his feet. He lives the “sex, drugs and rock ‘n’ roll” lifestyle to the max, and believes in working hard and playing harder. He’s a man who always gets what he wants, especially when it comes to women. Un
Paperback
Published February 17th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Catching London, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catching London

Start your review of Catching London (Heartless Few #1)
Hanne
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
London is a cleaning lady. She always wanted to be a photographer and she works very hard to earn the money to achieve her dream. One day, London meets Arlo, the owner of one of houses she cleans. Arlo is a member of a famous rock band. He needs a break and returns home for that break. Arlo can’t believe that there is a woman inside his home. There is something about London that he finds interesting and he wants to get to know her better. Arlo makes London an offer she can’t refuse and they spen ...more
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
I loved EVERY. SINGLE. WORD. It kept me captivated from beginning to end - especially since I share London's aversion to arachnids! Arlo was so delicious and in your face and I really wish we had gotten his POV - I would've loved to know when and how he fell for London. This book is so re-readworthy! While this was definitely a 5 wine glass read, there were a few missed opportunities (or maybe we can look forward to more books with these characters!). I loved the significance of tattoos for both ...more
Kimmy (Sinfully Snarky Reviews)
5 London Catching Stars!!!

Catching London was absolutely amazing! M.V.Ellis Catching London is one heck of a debut book. I just couldn't get enough of Arlo and London. This book will have you laughing, crying and pulling at your heart strings.

London is currently working for aunts housekeeping company. This is after her life was turned upside down 2 years ago after a car accident. That car accident changed everything in London's life, her career of a professional ballet dancer ended and worst o
Karen
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite rockstar books ever!!! It has enough story to make the romance believable. I'm not a fan of insta-love. What fun London can be too. Her wit and sarcastic come backs are priceless. Arlo is larger than life and completely over the top rockstar. There are elements that were diminished in rock star story and I think it's because more emphasis or equal emphasis was London's perspective in this story. She's a tough cookie. Talented and some what neurotic she makes decisions carefull ...more
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been excited about this book for months and I’m thrilled to say it didn’t disappoint.

I haven’t read a rockstar romance for years and I tend to avoid them. There was just something about Arlo I couldn’t keep away from though.

I don’t like super angsty books but at the same time I don’t like books with characters who fall too easily into love. Catching London has the perfect amount of push and pull for me. Arlo has to work hard for London’s affections! I really loved that Arlo can and wants
2OCC Reviews
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gemma
Chasing London was the steamy Rock star read with characters that were interesting to read about. I am big fan of romance reads that involve sexy rock stars and this book met all the expectations that I have for a good Rock Star read. There was everything I liked about romance reads. It had a sexy alpha male, steamy moments, laugh out loud moments, a heroine that I enjoyed and secondary characters that I liked reading about. This was a well written story that flowed all the way through the story ...more
Teri McGill
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Who doesn't love a sexy rock star? I beta read Catching London last month. GREAT STORY! I really enjoyed it. The characters were oh-so interesting and appealing. I loved London ... independent, confident and reluctant to just 'give in' to the rock god who has never had to chase women. There's HOT sex, lots of hilarious dialogue plus well-written sexy banter between London and bad-boy Arlo. I highly recommend this entertaining romance!
Beyond The Covers Blog
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: celeste
Millionaire rock star, gorgeous, talented and every girls dream; Arlo Jones.  He’s cocky and arrogant and doesn’t know what to think of the petite beautiful girl he finds in his home when he gets back from touring.  She claims to be the house keeper, and he’s cool with that and he’s willing to give her what every girl wants. So, he is completely shocked when his first encounter with London Llwellyn ends with her slapping him in the face.  London didn’t know who the hot guy was, but when he kisse ...more
Katie
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star
Catching London
By M V Ellis
5 stars

Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction Book Blog

Absolutely brilliant read!! I am totally in love with Arlo! TOTALLY!!! Talk about swoon-worthy rock star! I was completely hooked on this book from the very first word and I can’t believe it is the author’s debut novel! Absolutely outstanding!! I loved everything about the characters in this story! I felt for London and everything that she had been through and I have to say how she reacted to the spiders I woul
Book Maniac Forever

⭐️ 4.5 "Arlo's Tog" Stars ⭐️
I love a good rockstar romance and Catching London is exactly that, but with a different plot than the norm. This book is more about the relationship between Arlo, the lead singer of one of the most popular band in the world, and London a photographer with big dreams, than about the rockstar lifestyle on tour.

“Loving people who are here doesn’t mean we don’t or didn’t love those who aren’t. We’re not trying to replace them of forget them, we’re just living
HoneyedPages
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 ✨

So, I usually don't pick up books where the male lead is a rock star because they never appealed to me. And, I especially shy away from storylines with dead exes. (I can't stand either in books but weirdly I don't mind them in movies!) But, I'm so glad Ellis offered me an ARC because I'm absolutely in love! I especially loved how Ellis handled and wrote everything because it was realistic and relatable.

It was so easy to slip into London's mind and relate to her. The writing was like an inti
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I started this book today and I have just finished. I knew from the first page it was going to be a good read and I wasn't disappointed; the pages just kept turning.

London is a great character. She has been through a lot and is in the process of re-building her life. What she wasn't expecting in her life was Arlo Jones, especially in the compromising position they met. His challenging behaviour infuriates London!

What can I say about Arlo Jones? Mmmmmmmmm, I'll say that to start with, because h
charly & raine
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You had me at “Rock Star” and WOW I couldn’t get enough of Arlo Jones. From page one you were speaking my language. I just loved the banter between these two characters. London was the perfect little dynamo, she had it all going, she was a survivor and she was smart. She knew what she needed to do in the next chapter of her life and she was going to work hard to achieve it.

This was the story of the surly, arrogant Front man of the hottest band on the scene who comes home from a tour to find a n
Jeannie Zelos
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it

Catching London, M.V.Ellis.a
thy Jay
Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre: Romance

A debut novel and a great start for M.V.Ellis. There were things that niggled, but overall it was a terrific first book, and I look forward to more.

Arlo, he's brash, self opinionated, incredibly confident and a total rock star cliché, and yet under that there's a real guy, who's got some genuine emotions, who does care about his people, who has a strong sense of what's right and wrong. When he meets London –
Johnaka- Amity Book Blog
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Catching London by MV Ellis
“The playboy and the broken girl, 4 stars”

Arlo can rock a stage like it’s nobody’s business. He also makes it his mission to rock women as well. I mean what’s the point of being the lead singer in a world-renowned rock band if you don’t, right? That is until he meets London. Once he met her it was all down hill for him and he was ready to be committed but London has some hang ups. Will he bust down those walls or will both their pasts bite them in the butt?
London thoug
Tracy
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: omgreads, 2018
London and Arlo have an interesting, whirlwind relationship in Catching London. The two spark from the first time they meet. They have great banter and each hold their own well.

I really enjoyed London, she was forced to reinvent herself through tragedy and handled it with grace. She knows her worth and refuses to settle for less. I loved watching her open up to Arlo, and I loved her friends. After a while though, she felt a bit like a martyr. She fought her attraction to Arlo at every turn, for
Curlyhairlass19
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sigh, Arlo.. I love a bad boy don’t you? This was a nice, fluffy read that gave me amazing feels. First of all I could very much relate to London, right down to the natural curly hair struggles she had, but Arlo loved so much. Her independence and the defense mechanisms she used to protect herself, but also deny herself of what her heart really wanted..Arlo. She lost her fiancé previous years before so she felt guilt in that Arlo was everything her fiancé wasn’t. What a beautiful, sexy ending to ...more
Lynn Turner
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a quick, engaging read for me, because it had three of my favorite things:

1. WOC heroine - the author didn't shrink away from the details that make her unique!
2. banter, wit, sass - basically, the author proses in sarcasm, and I LOVE it
3. heat - the chemistry was there from the outset, manifesting physically, emotionally, and definitely with words. ;)

Arlo Jones is an unapologetic bad boy. He's world famous, likes to party, and loves the ladies. On the surface, he's an arrogant, womaniz
Love N. Books
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
K3’s $0.02

This was my first MV Ellis read and I was really impressed. As most of you know, I am a sucker for rocker romance and this didn’t disappoint. The first paragraph has me sucked in.

Arlo, I loved his cockiness right away as well as his alpha maleness. He is not only a rock god, he is the world’s rock god. The man always gets what he wants, when he wants it. Never in his life did he expect a feisty little house keeper to rock his world. He will do all he can to get her.

London had me laugh
Barbara
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a great read! The author has written a storyline that is both funny yet in-depth, light hearted yet touching and totally hot! After all, it does feature a rock star. But the characters are what drew me in.

Arlo Jone is a sexy rock star that basically has is all, fame, money and women (lots of women). He is also Cocky as all get out and used to getting his way. That is until he meets London. He can feel their chemistry but she wants nothing to do with him.

London is a strong willed woman who w
Samantha I Love HEA Romance Book Blog
🌟🌟🌟🌟

Catching London is the debut novel by author MV Ellis, and was such a good read.
The story follows a romance between a rockstar and a photographer. I found the story to be a fast paced, sweet romance, and a really enjoyable read. London is a sweet yet sassy heroine who is also somewhat broken and sad. Arlo is a rockstar. He is arrogant, bossy, and has the biggest ego!

I had mixed feelings about Arlo’s character. I liked him when I met him, then hated him, and then liked him again until I ev
Mary
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
London finds herself rebuilding her life after a tragic accident. Her dreams of being a dancer shattered, she is working a few jobs to save up and open a photography studio. One of the houses she cleans is usually empty until one day, it isn’t, and the incredible Arlo Jones is in front of her. But she doesn’t recognize him. I love that London’s confidence allowed her to put Arlo in is place. Arlo is shocked this woman doesn’t recognize him. He is even more blown away that after 1 kiss, he can’t ...more
Buttercup
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this steamy rockstar romance!

London and Arlo were a couple of very sexy protagonists. I enjoyed reading the book, written from London Llewellyn's perspective. She's an ex ballet dancer with a passion for photography who is still dealing with the loss of her fiance a couple of years back. I feel like her inner conflict is so apt when moving on from such heartbreak; being able to accept her feelings for another man and dealing with the guilt that comes along with it.

Arlo Jones is a bad boy
books.lyrics_and_leadingmen
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sex, drugs and rock and roll!

“He’s not looking to change his bad boy ways.”
“She’s a damaged dancer not looking to fall.”

Arrogant, egotistical and sexy Arlo Jones meets physically and emotionally damage London Llwellyn in a completely crazy, unique and compromising hilarious first chapter and their steamy and complicated relationship only gets better from there. Both dealing with their own insecurities and mutual attraction with sexy banter and false bravado.

Can the sexy rock star breakdown the
Brittany Alexander
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Oh how I enjoyed these two. London + Arlo = Love 4ever

I was hooked from the very beginning. I mean, when a girl is running through a house-that’s not hers-stripping off her clothes, you have to want to know what’s going on.

Thank god for spiders, because none of this would have ever happened without them.

Arlo is big and overbearing, sometimes an asshole, okay, most of the time an asshole, but he’s fiercely protective and capable of giving someone his whole heart.

I enjoyed this story so much. Wa
Elizarey
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
I really was hoping to love this book! I thought it had so much potential. But I just did connect with the story, I thought the beginning was good but London and Arlo were very childish to me. They had like zero communication skills and things that’s could have simply been solved with words and talking was done through ignoring each other and being petty.

I found London to be really unreasonable and so was Arlo. Jones they were meant for each other in that aspect.

The intimate scenes were very s
Louella
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really, really enjoyed the heck out of this book, a definite 4 star read for me.

I loved how the author built the relationship part of the love story separately from the sexual chemistry. Very modern language and the whole rock star thing aside, it really was at its core a classic love story. There were no aliens or shifters or even evil, scheming, murderous exes. The conflict was all internal and about their feelings for each other.

I also liked that although he was a ROCK STAR (in big bold le
Michelle Simpson
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rockstar romances are my favourite type of book so I couldn't wait to read this one.

Arlo is one alpha man whore, being a rockstar certainly suited him and he lapped up the attention that he received from being one of the hottest around. Arlo doesn't need to try hard to get the woman, they fall at his feet and he's definitely a love them and leave them kind of guy,,, that was until London.

London has been through a lot of heartache and is trying to work her butt off to reach her dream of being a
Lauren
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hmm

Arlo is the play boy rocker.. London still isnt over her deceased ex. London gets caught in a bad situation by Arlo and the chemistry is known from the start!!! Can London over come her issues and let Arlo in??? A few ups and downs a little drama and some sweetness from the rock god makes for a fun read.
Spunky N Sassy
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Tracy's ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

When London Llwellyn met Arlo Jones it was a moment to remember for both of them. London is still recovering from the heartbreak of losing her fiancé Danny, but she is not ready for all that is Arlo and his millionaire rockstar manwhoring self. London isn't looking to fall again but when Arlo claims he will catch her, can she trust her heart to a man who all he wants is another warm body to be with? I loved this book and it was su
« previous 1 3 4 next »
New Adult Book Club: M.V. Ellis RI&RI with Giveaway! ~ CLOSED! 73 116 Jun 18, 2018 10:11AM

• Revel
  • Just a Taste
  • A Lovely Confession (Debt of Passion Duet #2)
  • Iced (Boston Terriers Hockey #2)
  • Liar (Voyeur, #5)
  • The Burn (Diamond Lake #1)
  • Just One Regret (Just One Song #3)
  • Riske and Revenge
  • Tormented (Elginvale High #1)
  • Lost Girl (Aston Creek High #2)
  • Wild Girl (Aston Creek High, #3)
  • Crowned by Fate (Crowned #2)
  • Forever Lies
  • Inspired by You (Love in the City, #6)
  • A Lovely Obsession (Debt of Passion Duet, #1)
  • Consequence (Holly Oak Academy #1)
  • Cherry Beats
  • The Stand Out
MV ELLIS knows what it’s like to fall head over heels in love with a badass musician. She moved from London to Sydney after a steamy holiday romance with a sexy bass player in sultry Brazil. Twelve years, two children and a dog later, and she’s still smitten. All this with a guy she sat next to on a bus for 36 hours!

Ellis’ love of romance began when she was 11 years old, after a summer spent secr

Heartless Few (4 books)
  • Cold, Hard, & Heartless (Heartless Few #2)
  • Pushing Arlo (Heartless Few #3)
  • Finding Marnie (Heartless Few #4)