Start by marking “Do You Take This Quest? (The Bookania Quests, #2)” as Want to Read:
Do You Take This Quest? (The Bookania Quests, #2)

Do You Take This Quest?

(The Bookania Quests #2)

When Arthur's parents were lost at sea, his Uncle Mordreth became the regent for the young boy. Yet now that he's of age, Mordreth seems to have no intentions of relinquishing the throne. It looks as though Arthur will have to fight for his throne. If only he had more than just his two servants and the old man he met in the woods for friends. So the old man takes things in ...more
Kindle Edition, Second
Published September 13th 2017 by GiraffeCrafts (first published September 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Do You Take This Quest?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do You Take This Quest?

Age Appropriate For: 10 and up for very mild romance
Best for Ages: 10 - 18

I was not feeling well and was scrolling through my Kindle, looking for something light and mindless to read. When I can upon a copy of Do You Take This Quest? that I bought a while back, I decided it was perfect.

Like the first book in the series, Sew, It's a Quest, it is a lighthearted mash-up of multiple fairytales. Robin and Robert still are the main characters, and Arthur is introduced int
Most of what I said was good in my review of the old version still stands: I still enjoy the new characters (moreso in this version than in the old one), I love all the references to fairy tales and folklore, and I like Kendra's rather unusual style of humor. Kendra's also improved the character development (so Robin grates a lot less than she did) and removed most of the instances of rough writing. She's also added bits and pieces here and there, including one Robin/Eric scene which is rather adorable ...more
Patience
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kendra Ardnek delivers another delightful mishmash of fairy tales!
The Good:
-New friends. I enjoyed meeting Madeline, Serendipity, Solomon, Shira, and many other new characters. Their gifts (whether intentional or mixed-up) made for quite a few amusing situations, and the characters themselves were mostly easy to like. Ok, fine, Shira wasn’t always so easy, but she was still fun to meet.
-Fairy Tale References. I didn’t get all of these, I’m afraid . . . but I got enough. Trying to pick out some of the more obscure ones was a great deal of fun.
-Humor. Whether in the form of puns, unexpected s/>-/>-Fairy-New
Brie Donning
Aug 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who knew that you could mix Sleeping Beauty, Robin Hood and Arthurian Legend into one book?

Well Kendra somehow does it and it work surprisingly well. Bookania is full of fairytales. They appear in big and small ways. Now this isn't a very deep or serious book. Puns abound. But it is a good cozy book that won't make you worry too much.

This is a bit of an inbetween book. There's lots going and you don't get bored, but there's no big over arching goal. There's a prince named
Alea Harper
Jul 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review Coming Soon
Addyson Huneke
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read the first book in this series a while back, and just recently, I finally got to read this one!

Writing: 5/5

The writing was good. I mean, there wasn't anything spectacular about it, but there wasn't anything unspectacular about it, either. The writing wasn't the important part. The story and the characters were. I must admit, I was frustrated when it didn't really go from Robin's point of view much in the book. But doing the beginning parts with Madeleine's POV was p
Bailey Marissa
(4.2)

This one doesn't have a much action, but it does have a lot of character growth that wasn't exactly subtle, but it wasn't in your face either. The romance is very clean, so anyone can read this.

I also really appreciated all the sibling power happening.

Recommended 10+ for mild violence and romance.
Merenwen Inglorion
Apr 10, 2016
Cynthia
Jul 01, 2016
The Bookania Quests: Do You Take This Quest? 1 8 Oct 07, 2014 09:54PM
Kendra E. Ardnek has been writing her own stories since she was a toddler. She fell in love with books, drama, and fairy tales at a very young age - and has been filling notebooks with her stories for years. Joining NaNoWriMo gave her an opportunity to be a published author at 16.

She writes her blog, homeschools, cooks, knits, and crafts when she isn't writing stories and acting them o

The Bookania Quests (6 books)
  • Sew, It's a Quest (The Bookania Quests, #1)
  • My Kingdom for a Quest (The Bookania Quests, #3)
  • Honor: A Quest In (The Bookania Quests, #4)
  • Hair We Go Again (The Bookania Quests Book 5)
  • The Merchant of Menace (The Bookania Quests, #6)