Start by marking “The Rise of Aredor (The Rise of Aredor #1)” as Want to Read:
The Rise of Aredor (The Rise of Aredor #1)

The Rise of Aredor

(The Rise of Aredor #1)

Lost in a foreign land and separated from his family, Corin does his best to survive as a slave in the household of a Calorin lord. With newfound friends he fights for survival in ambushes and wars. For one act of bravery, he is awarded his freedom and returns to a home that has been invaded and ravaged by the Calorin armies. When Corin sets foot on Aredor's shores, he has ...more
Paperback, 2, 340 pages
Published September 13th 2017 by Campitor Press (first published March 11th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Rise of Aredor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rise of Aredor

Hope
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have you read one of those books that makes you irresistibly happy? What about a book where you fall in love with the characters so much that you miss them once you finish the novel? Or maybe you've found a book that makes you sit on the edge of your seat, laugh at every joke and humorous circumstance, and talk to the characters aloud as if they were real?

Well, The Rise of Aredor is that book for me. I've found myself returning again and again to this book just to visit with the characters.

This
Shantelle
I couldn’t help but give this one four stars. Though the beginning was a bit rough, The Rise of Aredor by Claire Banschbach was ultimately a great read for me.

The story starts off by introducing a young boy named Corin, his father and mother, who are the king and queen; and his sister, brother, and friends. We get to know them in this simple, happy setting, until something quite unexpected happens. From there, years pass, and we follow Corin as he braves incredible trials, engages in terrible
gabi
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn’t know what to expect from this book. I was thinking that I would at least like it. But no. It was way better than that. I loved it! It was so exciting and enjoyable to read!

Prince Corin of Aredor lived a normal life until around twelve years of age. Then he was stolen and sold as a slave. His defiance brings him trouble and he struggles to survive. But he will not be broken. Though his country is conquered by another and his family is probably dead or captured, he will not give up hope.
Kendra Ardnek
From the first time I heard about this book several months ago, when the author posted in a forum I frequent asking for reviews, I wanted to read this book. Unfortunately, I was rather overwhelmed at the time, and had to turn down the offer. However, last month she contacted me again, and since my plate was relatively emptier, and she's about to release the sequel, I agreed to it.

I read it in one night, staying up well past midnight to do so, but more because I was reading a PDF file and didn't
E.B. Dawson
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indie-authors
Oh my goodness! I have so many wonderful things to say about this book! It is like "The Horse and His Boy" meets "Ben Hur" meets "Robin Hood." The characters are real, endearing, and inspiring. I want them to be my friends.

There are some books out there that tell you the MC is a tough warrior who has been through a lot, and you kind of just have to believe them. But this book takes you on the journey with Corin and you get to see how all the experiences in his life turned him into the man he is
Rachel'sbookishworld
Pace- 8/10
Ending- 7/10

85/100= B

4.5/5 stars

I found the plot slightly confusing, but the characters made up for it. I LOVED the characters. I will be looking forward to purchasing the second book! :)
Sarah Grace Grzy
This book . . . wow! I don't even know where to start. It moves from one action-packed adventure to another, seemingly without a break. In the first third, it seemed a bit "jumpy", jumping 2 weeks here, 3 months there, 8 years here. I love the young Corin, and his brother Darrin. So realistic and mischievous, I could see my younger brothers in them. All the characters had a decent amount of depth, but you never really "got inside" their heads and truly felt their emotions. But, it was still well ...more
serena482*
WOW!! This was a great book!! The beginning was magnificent, after about halfway through it got a little less exciting, but it was still great. So o like the first half the best. I just LOVE Corin!!! For people who love battles and wars this is a great book for you. Everyone should read it. I recommend it for ages, 12-13-up. there is a bit of violence that might scare younger audiences.
Karis
Claire M. Banschbach got to an incredible start to her two-book series in her first book The Rise of Aredor. Since I had the chance to read the second book in the series, I was looking forward to reading this book when I received a free kindle copy as a part of a promotional event.

Of course, I wasn’t disappointed. One thing that really stood out to me was how easily the author could introduce a new or minor character and have them endeared to your heart and memory with a simple character descr
Amanda Tero
Jun 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This book is divided into two segments or "books" (Book One: The Phoenix Guard, Book Two: Hawk Uprising), basically defining two parts of Corin's (or Hadmid's) life.

I couldn't really discover a plot for the first part of the book -- it seemed like the story was being driven from event to event, told in an overview sort of way. I didn't really get "into" the characters. However, when it came to the second book, I thoroughly enjoyed it! There was definitely a strong plot as Corin set to
R.J. Rodda
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book because it got me reading again when I had stopped for a long time. It is full of brotherhood, loyalty, and friendship with a little action and suspense. It ends well and is easy to read. It is a great book to ease you back into reading.
Morgan

Recommended for: Ages 10 to Adult

Rating: PG (for violence)

This is a rather difficult review to write. I really wanted to love this book. Claire likes a lot of the same books as me, like Narnia, Lord of the Rings, and Ilyon Chronicles, and even watches Doctor Who. I thus had high hopes for The Rise of Aredor, but it never made it to my favorites list.

Writing: 3/5

As other reviewers have said, the beginning of this book is rather choppy. There was a good bit of head hopping, and it changed
Age Appropriate For: Ages 13 and up for violence
Best for Ages: 13 and up

Sometimes it is really hard to do reviews on debut novels, and this was one of those hard ones. Debut novels often show promise, but leave lots of room for improvement. This book shows a lot of promise, and I really look forward to seeing this author’s books in the years to come.

The first third of this book was very choppy and poorly written, but after about the first third, the author hit their stride and it began to impro
M.J. Webb
Apr 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very competent and stylish fantasy story which will entertain readers of all ages from I'd say fourteen or so and over. The story of a Prince who is kidnapped and sold into slavery, it is the tale of one man's battles to regain his honour, as well as his fallen status. Branded as a slave, name changed to heap further shame upon him, our hero must overcome seemingly insurmountable odds. There are wars to fight along the way, friendships to forge in the most dire of circumstances and all ...more
Tricia Mingerink
While this book starts a little slow, the actions builds and builds until the climatic ending. It reminded me of a saga with the way it follows the main character for a decade of his life. The time the book spends on the MC's life is well-spent. The friends he makes in his early life re-appear in an interesting way that deepens the final conflict. In the end, will loyalty to country triumph over the loyalty of friendship? Is there a way to have both even when the friends are on opposite sides?

T
Kyle
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: indie-to-review
The Rise of Aredor brought me back to the various adventure films in historical settings I've enjoyed over the years, such as the movies of Charlton Heston or the 2010 Prince of Persia adaptation (yes, that IS a great film and I will fight to defend its honor if necessary). Though Rise is a fantasy book by virtue of its otherworld setting, there isn't any magic to speak of here, nor do magical creatures exist in the book's reality. This in no way makes Rise any less entertaining, however. The em ...more
Laura A. Grace
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved getting to know and cheer for Corin in this book! I found the first "book" (first half) to be very engaging, even if it was fast-paced in the time frame as well as heart breaking. The "brotherhood" is what won me over and just wanted to give these guys a group hug. Loved them so much! I also enjoyed the second "book" (second half) in seeing how Corin has grown into the man he is by the end.

Though there was a lot more fighting then I anticipated (though I will definitely assure that this
Julian Daventry
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, read-in-2018
I can’t remember where I heard about this book, but I purchased it in 2017 when it was on sale, and saved it for my 2018 reading challenge. I started it early January, and was not disappointed! It was a bit slow (mostly talking about the first two or three chapters here), but then it jumped right into the action and never slowed back down! Since slow beginnings never cause me to slow down or stop reading, I’m not going to hold that against the book. I’m just stating it was a bit...well, not as e ...more
Emily
As a child, Corin was kidnapped while on a journey with his father. His existence as the second son of the King of Aredor was kept secret while Corin became a slave to a cruel master. Time passed, circumstances chagned, and Corin became a great warrior under a new name. But his allegiance to his homeland and his family never left, and if given the chance, he would do anything to return to his family.

I really enjoyed The Rise of Aredor. It was very much the story of a young man growing into an w
S.C. Gregory
Apr 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good first book

The story was an interesting look at the challenges invoked by imprisonment and fractured loyalties. The only point I would raise is the lack of really strong female counterpoints to the men. There was Kara and I would have liked more of this character because she had some intriguing quirks and personality. Overall, the book carried a lot of action and fighting, with many injuries inflicted along the way. There were strong relationships formed along the way and some of the bante
Shaun Thornhill
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful story that drew me in and kept the pages turning. Thank you Claire for bringing this to life. I enjoyed it.
Alicia
3.5 stars. This was an exciting, action-packed novel about a young prince (Prince Corin) that is kidnapped and sold into slavery, but grows up to be a powerful warrior who ends up fighting to protect his homeland (Aredor) from its enemies. The book is split into two parts- book 1 is about what happens before he gains his freedom, and book 2 is what happens after and the fight to save Aredor.

I enjoyed it for the most part, especially book 2. I really liked the characters, and the banter between t
Shannon Hiner
Starting this book, and for the first 3/4 of it, I was reminded pleasantly of the first time I read The Horse & His Boy by C.S. Lewis. It was my first experience with Narnia, and honestly I only picked it up because I was a horse-crazed child and there was some mention of talking horses on the back cover.

What I found within, was a world that had been living and thriving long before I ever drew breath. Well-developed, carefully organized, cultured and varied as the 'real' world, and written i
Joseph Leskey
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: not ducks or chamelons—humans, mostly
Not bad, y'know? Some things just have that tendency to be bad, foul, and overall just uncommonly maleficent to one's tastes, but apparently this book just isn't one of them because I rather enjoyed it. (If you like, you can drop the "rather," to make it sound more convincing, because this book was really very fun.)

That said, there are a few points I would like to consider, but they aren't related to this book, so I shan't consider them.

That much more said, let's do some discussion here. One-sid
Jane
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'Kay. Where to start? I rather enjoyed this. The overall plot and story was really pretty cool.

Corrin/Hamid was an interesting main character. At first he wasn't quite realistic and I didn't connect with him as much as I wanted to but then around 1/4 of the way through I started connecting with him. And he was great after that. And his Robin Hood stage - just epic.

The plot was cool, and quite original and page-turning. The entire beginning felt a bit like a side-track and it dragged out a bit.
Nicole
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so good. I don't even know how to review it.

I love Corin. He is brave, strong and makes friends easily. He also experiences fear, uncertainty, self-doubt and a desire for vengeance. I really enjoyed his friendships both in the first half of the book and the second. I just wish that we could have seen more interaction of Corin's Calorin and Aredorian friends, because I didn't want to stop seeing Emeth, Ahmed, Ismail, Castimir, Nicar and Azrahil when the second half of the book start
Devyn
I've received this book from Goodreads.
The Rise of Aredor is a good read. I especially like the hero Corin (view spoiler)
Michael Philliber
Jan 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is Miss Banschbach's first book, and it is a page-turning, nail-biting, can't-put-down fantasy-fiction! It will be enjoyable for teens and adults. I highly recommend "The Rise of Aredor"!

Here is the full-blown review:
Kat
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't normally write reviews for books but for this book I had to share some thoughts. The story was very well written and enjoyable. It moved along at the perfect pace with no dragging and never felt hurried. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes fantasy books.
The Rise of Aredor: The Rise of Aredor 27 13 May 10, 2017 08:29PM
The Rise of Aredor: Character Stories 7 8 Aug 05, 2016 06:24PM

• Half-Blood (Ilyon Chronicles #0.5)
  • Water Princess, Fire Prince (The Rizkaland Legends, #1)
  • Disowned  (Allegiance #1)
  • A Dream Not Imagined
  • Captive of Raven Castle
  • Goddess Tithe (Tales of Goldstone Wood, #5.5)
  • Truth (Makilien, #1)
  • The Heart of Arcrea (The Arcrean Conquest, #1)
  • The Seahorse Legacy (Eyes of E'veria #3)
  • Honor (Rhynan #2)
  • Blood Ties (Modern Tales of Na Fianna #1)
  • The Word Changers
  • The Firethorn Crown (Firethorn Chronicles, #1)
  • Orphan's Song (The Songkeeper Chronicles, #1)
Claire M. Banschbach also writes as C.M. Banschbach.

Claire M. Banschbach is a native West Texan. She discovered a deep and abiding love for fantasy and science fiction at a young age, prompting her to begin exploring worlds armed only with an overactive imagination and a pen. She's an overall dork, pizza addict, and fangirl. She enjoys meshing stories of family and faith with healthy doses of acti

The Rise of Aredor (2 books)
  • The Wildcat of Braeton (The Rise of Aredor #2)
“We hear rumors of a man who leads a rebellion in the forest, determined to drive the invader out. It's said wherever wolf howls or hawk cries, he appears.” 1 likes
“You'll have to outfly the west wind to catch me.” 1 likes