Start by marking “Between Burning Worlds (System Divine, #2)” as Want to Read:
Between Burning Worlds (System Divine, #2)

Between Burning Worlds

(System Divine #2)

Les Misérables meets The Lunar Chronicles in the out-of-this-world sequel to Sky Without Stars that’s an “explosion of emotion, intrigue, romance, and revolution” (Stephanie Garber, #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Caraval series).

A thief.
An officer.
A guardian.
All from different backgrounds, but sharing one same destiny…

The planet Laterre is in turmoil. A new
688 pages
Expected publication: March 24th 2020 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Between Burning Worlds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Between Burning Worlds

Start your review of Between Burning Worlds (System Divine, #2)
Arielle ⭐ Cursebreaker ⭐
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 um hahahahah. Holy shit. Rtc

The beginning of this book started off for me, pretty similarly to the first. There was a lot of information that I had to remember again and people to get to know all over again. I remember at one point thinking “man this is another one of those long books that might not need to be so long. It’ll probably only be a 4.” And like the first book, the last 25%, maybe even 50% delivered enough excitement, intrigue, and emotions that bumped that rating up for me.

The
Bianca
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
Was soll diese Kurzgeschichte schaffen? - Na, sie soll vor allem neugierig auf den ersten Band, die Rebellion der Laterre, machen und das hat sie bei mir definitiv geschafft. Sie ist zwar nicht mehr als eine große Leseprobe, aber ich bin jetzt schon richtig gehyped auf diese Geschichte, besonders da sie auch ein Les Miserables Retelling ist, was ich an sich schon sehr cool finde, aber dann spielt dieses auch noch in der Zukunft und hat dementsprechend SiFi-Elemente - Das kann nur perfekt werden!
Insi Eule
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, diese kleine Geschichte macht neugierig auf das eigentliche Buch
Sie war zu kurz um schon viel sagen zu können, aber der Stil und die kleine Chatine haben mir schon mal gut gefallen.
Meghan
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
This book was received as an ARC from Simon and Schuster Children's Publishing - Simon Pulse in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

I know we have ourselves a keeper here when I felt like I was at still in the realm waiting for the fugitives to strike but this time save the world. Marcellus, Chatine and Alouette are all prisoners of the same realm but with different motives and offenses. But when their realm Laterre is threatened by
Lacy
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
SO. MANY. QUESTIONS. GAH!

Also, how am I already finished with a 700 page book??? The books in this series are so large but I absolutely love it. And I was under the impression for some reason that it was a duology but SPOILER ALERT we are left on so many cliffhangers. We do get some bittersweet semi conclusions so we're not left completely on read for probably at least a year and half considering that Between Burning Worlds doesn't even officially release until Spring 2020. I really wanted my
Mary Seaman
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
ARC provided by Edelweiss:

Wow! I was a bundle of nerves the whole time reading this. So intense but loved every minute.

I love this authors futuristic twist of Les Miserables but adding her own touches to it. You also get more details of the other planets and worlds.

Chatine is in Bastille and trying to keep her head down and stay out of trouble but that never goes as plans.

Marcellus is again struggling with where he stands in this fight and what use he can be. I loved watching his character
Rachel
Sep 26, 2019 marked it as to-read
CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS BOOK! The cover is gorgeous. The blurb sounds super exciting. I just hope we get this in the early part of 2020, because I'm gonna miss my little babies so much!! I need to know what happens.
Sophia (Bookwyrming Thoughts)
Hi, I am exciteth about this also look how pretty the cover is can I have a poster, please?

(No, that wasn't meant to be grammatically correct.)
Beth
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, giveaway
My latest advance reading copy is book 2 of a series. I waited until I read book 1 to read this one, and I'm glad I did. I really enjoyed this series. I don't think that I'd have liked book 2 nearly as much had I not read book 1 first. I'm not sure exactly what genre these would be, dystopian, sci-fi, etc., but they are excellent. Will be looking for book 3 to find out what happens!
Lizzy Curse
Sandra
Apr 08, 2019
Ally Watkins
Apr 08, 2019

• Moonlighter (The Company, #1)
  • The Bone Houses
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • Only Mostly Devastated
  • Tears of Ink
  • Misadventures with a Speed Demon (Misadventures, #13)
  • Misadventures with a Rock Star (Misadventures, #12)
  • Misadventures with a Country Boy (Misadventures, #17)
  • Scars of Silk
  • Stuart Little
  • Tears of Gold (Tears of...)
  • Misadventures on the Night Shift (Misadventures, #5)
  • The Shape of Family
  • We Met in December
  • Stargazing
  • The Easy Part of Impossible
  • Look Both Ways
  • The Egypt Game
Jessica Brody knew from a young age that she wanted to be a writer. She started self “publishing” her own books when she was seven years old, binding the pages together with cardboard, wallpaper samples, and electrical tape.

After graduating from Smith College in 2001 where she double majored in Economics and French and minored in Japanese, Jessica later went on to work for MGM Studios as a Manager

System Divine (2 books)
  • Sky Without Stars (System Divine, #1)