Start by marking “Devoted to Destiny (Muse Chronicles, #5)” as Want to Read:
Devoted to Destiny (Muse Chronicles, #5)

Devoted to Destiny (Muse Chronicles #5)

4.75  ·  Rating details ·  44 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Mason Knowles is a carpenter with a secret. He's a Lycan, cursed by Zeus to shift into a wolf. With each transformation, the curse becomes stronger, threatening the man to succumb to the animal forever.

Clio Clarke is the human vessel for the Muse of History, devoting her life to studying the past. But when destiny brings Mason into her present, Clio realizes she still has
Published January 22nd 2018 by Lisa's Lair

To ask other readers questions about Devoted to Destiny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devoted to Destiny

Elaine
WOW - this series just keeps on getting better and the unanticipated revelations in this story have me desperate to discover what happens next! Lisa Kessler is a queen of paranormal writing, creating action packed page turners that keep the reader enthralled, intrigued and surprised as her story and the series progresses - I’ve loved everything that I’ve read by her and always await the next in series with eager anticipation. Whilst this may work as a standalone, I believe it will be better appr ...more
Linda
“He had the body of a god and a Southern drawl that made her toes curl.”

Devoted to Destiny by Lisa Kessler is a wonderful sweet and hot paranormal urban fantasy romance. It’s the fifth installment in Lisa’s planned seven-book series chronicling the latest rebirth of Zeus’ nine muses and their guardians. When I was a youngster, I remember my quest to read every book on Greek mythology in our local library. LOL! The librarians all knew me and would put aside any new books on mythology that would
Elizabeth Neal
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mason, a carpenter, follows the work he can find, as it's leading to the one person he wants revenge against. That mission has led him to Clio, and the Muses.

Clio, the Muse of History, loves studying the past and all it entails, but it's actually the present that's holding her attention right now, specifically a certain man.

Mason and Clio have forged a bond since he literally saved her life, and the connection between them has only grown stronger, as hasd their connection.

While Clio wishes he wa
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)

I’m a huge fan of Lisa Kessler’s Muse Chronicles series. Unlike the two previous books that required you to read them in order, Devoted to Destiny can be a standalone read. However, you will get information from the previous books that could be considered as spoilers.

Devoted to Destiny shows the power of characters. It’s been stated by Lisa that Clio Clarke, the Muse of History, wasn’t supposed to survive one of the previous books. But she and her hero perservered. That strength and det
Petula
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Clio Clarke has the spirit of the Muse of History inside her. She and her sister muses have been trying to get their theater renovated and open. If it hadn't been for the contractor doing the work, a big fire, caused by the Order of Kronos would have killed her.
Mason Knowles is more than just a building contractor. He has been tracking a murderer for years. The woman killed his cousin years ago and is now after the Muses. If he stays close to them, he will get a chance to end her.
Our hero is a
Penny Noble
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the fifth book in the Muse Chronicles. One of the things I really enjoy about this series is how well Ms. Kessler writes. Her characters, plot, and just the sheer emotions are fabulous, and this book just elicits so many emotions, you feel like a wreck at the end. Not a bad wreck but a good one, and as with all the books in the series, this one made me cry in a good way. The love and tenderness Clio and Marsh had for each other really shines through. I’m not even a very sappy person, and ...more
Teri
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Man I loved these two and yes their devotion to each other is what the story is all about. He continues to rescue her and while they are interested both are focused on the craziness going on around them. While they share their secrets with each other those secrets may be the death of them. That is until they realize that they are stronger together.

There are plenty of secrets and references to the other books in the series but nothing you can’t catch up on in this standalone read with carryover
Olivia Welch
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Clio and Mason are a cute couple and I have enjoyed their story! The devotion you see between them is remarkable and the trials they are put through hold you mesmerized till the end.

I also loved finding out if my assumption were right about a few characters I had suspicions over. I look forward to reading the next ones!
Gina
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a mystical story intertwining Greek mythology with humans of today. The muses and their guardians are fighting against Kronos who is out to end the world. The author did a wonderful job explaining the muses and the Olympian gods and it was easy to follow. I received a complimentary copy and I am voluntarily reviewing.
Donna
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Devoted to Destiny is a fantastic addition to this series. This fast paced story is filled with excitement, energy and love. We get answers and new questions. Mason and Clio are a terrific couple. I recommend having read the previous books before reading this one but it can be read standalone.
Jen
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm a huge Lisa Kessler fan and was so excited to read the new Muse Chronicles book! While this could be a stand alone I recommend reading them all in order so you have the complete backstory.

Devoted to Destiny focuses on Clio, the Muse of History, and Mason, the carpenter for the theater. Mason is not just a guardian though, he has been tracking the woman who murdered his cousin years ago, and knows about the Muses being reborn, but not who they are. Clio is drawn to Mason just as he is drawn t
Bobbi Haden
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lisa gives us another great story. If you don't know much about Greek Mythology, she introduces you to some interesting characters and inspires you to think maybe there really are God's still among us.

Mason saved Clio and helped the Muses escape their burning theatre. He and his wolf are surprised to find, she is their mate. No one knows Mason has a guardians mark or that he hails from the Lycoan dynasty.

Clio is attracted to Mason, not only because he saved her life, but he is built like a Goo
Laurel Johnson
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Kessler has written yet another one of a kind book. I absolutely love Mason and Clio. The shyness Clio has around Mason was so endearing and Mason trying to get her to notice him without seeming obvious was just the best. Watching them come together to fight evil and protect the Muses showed Clio an inner strength she didn’t know she possessed.

This is a fantastic book that fed my love of Greek Mythology. I recommend this to anyone who loves a book with strong women and sexy men fighting ev
Cheryl
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the next addition to The Muse Chronicles and it as intriguing as the previous books. Clio and Mason are perfect for each other. It is through and with the help of their love that they are able to rescue each other. They are true soulmates.

This author is an expert at character development. I truly care about her characters and can't wait until the next book comes out.
Marie Andersson
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got an ARC and this is an honest review!

I really enjoyed this story.:)Lisa's words make me escape to another world.:)I don't want to give any spoilers.:)If you enjoy greek mythology don't miss this book!
Lisa
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series and easily breezed through Mason and Clio's story - twice! While the format is similar as previous stories in a muse finding her guardian, it was the other storylines that had taken me by surprise. I don't want to reveal too much, but things (and people) are definitely not what they seem to be on the surface. The author has left me pondering how things will go down in her next book(s) and how specific people will fit together (that statement will make more sense after you read ...more
Bobbie
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Clio the muse of History always has her nose in a book, that is until Mason comes along. He's the sexy carpenter and the only one who's willing to help rebuild the theater. Clio has a strong attraction to Mason she really wants him to be the one. With the secrets she must keep and knowing there's a guardian out there for her she knows she should stay away.
JodyL
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So much more than just a love story

I am absolutely in love with this series! These muses are strong women who conquer whatever is put in their paths.This book is about Clio, the muse of history, and Mason, their contractor.
As you know, if you have read the previous books, Pamela is Kronos's immortal mistress from Greek history. She is after revenge for the death of her and Kronos's son, by killing all of the daughters of Zues. The daughters are the muses reincarnated every generation.Clio is Pam
Shan
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this series! Love the whole premise about the Greek muses, and other Greek mythology. Love the suspense and action. Love the characters and love the direction the story is going in. I'm beyond super excited to read the next books! I'm already loving the direction that the next muses stories are going. I'd recommend reading the books in this series from the beginning because there is a continued storyline throughout the whole series. In this one, Clio the muse of history, has a major crush o ...more
Denise Van plew
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Being a person that enjoys history this one was one I was excited to read. This author also did not disappoint either with the characters that carried me away into their story. Mason and Clio will give pictures that are about trust and love that will be illustrated to the point that our emotions are joined with theirs. The drama will test them but also bring them together to work on things. Mason really helps us get caught up in this one thanks to his quest. You are pulled also to the edge in se ...more
Crystal Flannery
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great book in this series and loved how the curse of the lycan was also added in to the story! The relationship between Clio and Mason is so sweet and of course hot! I also liked how previous enemies have turned to the side of good and more interesting characters have come in to play.
Nola Arganbright
Muse of History

Another 5 star hit by prolific writer Lisa Kessler. I always enjoy the quality workmanship in her books.
This is book 5 of the Muse series where each Muse is matched with a Guardian. I personally would love to have hunky Mason, carpenter extraordinaire as my Guardian.
Clio his muse is a perfect match and they are able to bring out the best in each other.
I enjoyed the suspense, the good strong plot and the Hot, Hot romance!
Ken Liljengren
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Ken
Jan Murphree
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!!!

Awesome series!! Love this book!
I can't wait to read the next one!!
Lisa Kessler has done it again!
The awesome muses and the ones that love them!!!
Marsha
Jan 31, 2018
Join my Facebook Writer Page Here

Follow Me on Twitter Here

Lisa's Blog

Wow! Goodreads just asked me for my city of birth and date of death... What if I could answer that? Would I live life differently if I knew for sure how much longer I had left?

Interesting thought.

That's generally how my writer brain works. I've been dreaming up stories since I was in elementary school. My first book was titled
More about Lisa Kessler

Muse Chronicles (7 books)
  • Lure of Obsession (Muse Chronicles, #1)
  • Legend of Love (Muse Chronicles, #2)
  • Breath of Passion (Muse Chronicles, #3)
  • Light of the Spirit (Muse Chronicles, #4)
  • Dance of the Heart (Muse Chronicles, #6)
  • Song of the Soul (The Muse Chronicles Book 7)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Don't Say A Word
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
“I can’t control the rest of the world, but give me a stack of wood and some tools, and I can shelter you in storm.” 14 likes
“He let go of her hand, and she got up to grab her phone. He watched her every move, cataloging the way she still favored her right ankle and the way her ass wiggled in her jeans.

A smile teased the corner of his mouth. He’d spent many hours rebuilding the theater, and the times she’d been there, he’d never noticed her hips having such a sexy sway. If he didn’t know better, he’d think she was toying with him.

She came back to him with her phone in hand. “Ready?”

Oh hell yeah, he was ready.”
14 likes