Start by marking “Just the Trouble I Needed: A Novella (The Bayou Sabine Series #4)” as Want to Read:
Just the Trouble I Needed: A Novella (The Bayou Sabine Series #4)

Just the Trouble I Needed: A Novella (The Bayou Sabine Series #4)

Sometimes a little trouble—and a lot of Louisiana heat—can help you find your way…this standalone novella from Amazon best-selling author Lauren Faulkenberry is part romance, part comedy, and all small-town fun.

Kate McDonnell wants to escape her hectic city life. A week-long getaway to her friend’s quiet small-town home should be just what she needs to recharge—but when
Published September 12th 2017 by Blue Crow Books

To ask other readers questions about Just the Trouble I Needed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just the Trouble I Needed

Start your review of Just the Trouble I Needed: A Novella (The Bayou Sabine Series #4)
Coco.V
Feb 20, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on iBooks today (2/20/2019)! ...more
Kimelene Carr
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lauren Faulkenberry has penned to life such memorable and easily lovable characters. Readers are taken on a journey of a beautiful romance with some light humour in between and the ultimate pleasure of falling in love!
Daisy Mae
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is a love story set in a remote part of Louisiana called Sabine Bayou. I found the book instantly engaging, and well written. The protagonist is Kate, a 34 year old disillusioned laboratory scientist, who ends up house sitting for a friend and looking after a mischievous dog - called Bella. Without spoiling the story, Kate develops a relationship which unravels as the story progresses. The descriptive passages about the house, the creek, and the alligators! - were excellent. I loved ...more
Melody
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great atmosphere. I really enjoyed the writing and the pacing. The characters were sexy enough without being unreal. I think my biggest frustration was not being used to reading the brevity of novellas, and so I found myself wanting more space for character development. Regardless, I found myself hooked at the end of each chapter, and that kind of pacing makes a great book.
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Once again, I have fallen in love with Bayou Sabine and this fantastic series from author Lauren Faulkenberry. I am hoping that by now you have read the earlier novels in this series and know all about Enza, Jack, and their Catahoula named Bella. When Kate faces unwelcome news at work, she gets a call from Enza and decides to vacation at Jack and Enza's place for a week (and dog sit) so that she can regroup and clear her head. But as soon as she comes face to face with sexy Sherriff Andre ...more
Mary Fan
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Seeking a refuge from her chaotic life, Kate McDonnell agrees to dogsit for a friend in another town. There’s one problem: the last time she visited the Bayou, she had a fling with the town’s good-looking sheriff, Andre, and she’s not sure where they stand. When the two meet up again, sparks are reignited. But Kate isn’t ready for a new relationship so soon after her last one blew up…

Just the Trouble I Needed is a lovely contemporary romance novella by Lauren Faulkenberry, full of character and
Kim
Jul 24, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The female character Katie was self absorbed and shallow.
R
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For what it is, I suppose it's OK ~ and it **IS** marked as a 'novella', but ~ really?!??! Lauren Faulkenberry is SUCH a good author, this is almost embarrassing for her. Sure, we know the characters, but there's no MEAT in this story! {{eye roll}} GIve me one of her NOVELS ~ not these little greeting card blurbs . . . .
m.jordan
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

I love this series I hope there is more to come. I did not want it to end I want there to be more of both couples
Deborah
A short romance story

This is a short story based in the middle of a series with the main characters already introduced but can still be read as a stand alone book.
A quick easy read.
C
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Transformation

This was a cute little read that reminds us that even if we think we have things figured out that there is always room for growth and change. Even if it arrives in the most unexpected ways there are always new things to discover.
Robin Hansen
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Impulsive happiness

Good short story that packs an emotional punch without excessive drama. Between Bella the dog and Andre, they provide the best reasons to Get Kate to view her life differently.
Marilyn
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

This book is part of a series that takes place in Lousiana and one young woman who was house sitting.
Devin
Feb 13, 2019
Lucy Pearson
Sep 23, 2019
JayJay
rated it did not like it
Feb 22, 2019

• City Girl vs Country Boy (Forever Love #1)
  • Broken Girl vs Fix-It Boy (Forever Love #2)
  • Shy Girl vs Popular Boy (Forever Love #3)
  • Worst Nightmare (A Sam and Indie Novel #2)
  • Outcast Girl vs Pretty Boy (Forever Love #4)
  • Whiskey Secrets (Whiskey and Lies, #1)
  • Cold as Death (Gia Santella Crime Thriller Series Book 10)
  • Black & Blue (Lord and Lady Hetheridge, #4)
  • Something Blue (Lord and Lady Hetheridge, #3)
  • Publish or Perish
  • Dare Me (The Fire Inside Series Book 1)
  • Drained (Agent Hank Rawlings, #1)
  • Glitter (Blackwood Security #7.5)
  • Party Naked (Cocktales, #1)
  • Denied (Southern Alphas, #4)
  • Blue Christmas (Lord & Lady Hetheridge, #6)
  • Blue Murder (Lord and Lady Hetheridge, #2)
  • Pack Leader - A Noah Wolf Thriller
Lauren Faulkenberry is author of the novels TROUBLE IN BAYOU SABINE and BAYOU WHISPERS, the novellas BACK TO BAYOU SABINE and JUST THE TROUBLE I NEEDED (all from Blue Crow Books), and the children's book WHAT DO ANIMALS DO ON THE WEEKEND (Novello Festival Press). She is a contributor to the anthology HUNGRY FOR HOME: Stories of Food from Across the Carolinas With More Than 200 Favorite Recipes.