Start by marking “The Mistletoe Matchmaker (Finfarran #3)” as Want to Read:
The Mistletoe Matchmaker (Finfarran #3)

The Mistletoe Matchmaker

(Finfarran Peninsula #3)

It's winter on the Finfarran peninsula and, as Cassie Fitzgerald, fresh from Toronto, is about to discover, there's more to Christmas on the west coast of Ireland than mistletoe and mince pies.

Enchanted by the small town where her dad was born, Cassie gets involved in a competition for the best local Winter Fest, and joins local librarian Hanna Casey's writing group in
Paperback
Published October 19th 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Mistletoe Matchmaker, please sign up.
Melissa Yes, I think you should. The many characters carry through each book and you need to get a sense of who they are and how they all fit together.…moreYes, I think you should. The many characters carry through each book and you need to get a sense of who they are and how they all fit together. There's quite a bit of back story given, so you won't be totally lost, but it will be missing something.(less)

Start your review of The Mistletoe Matchmaker (Finfarran #3)
Erin
I won it in a giveaway!

This book was boring and involved NO MATCHMAKING!

This book is apart of a series but can be read as a standalone. It was boring, had too many characters and nothing happened. I don't even know what the purpose of this book was. There was only one storyline that kind of interested me but the author barely spent anytime on them. And to matters worse even that storyline turned out to have a boring resolution.

This book just isn't for me.
Dale Harcombe
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Four and a half stars.
Cassie Fitzgerald sets off from Toronto to Finfarran Peninsular in Ireland. She wants to learn more about her grandparents, Pat and Ger, as well as other ancestors. She wonders why her father and his brother never had wanted to go back to Ireland, even for a visit. In the town Of Lissbeg Cassie joins Hannah Casey’s writing group. Hannah, her mother Mary, Fury and his dog The Divil and many others will be familiar to those who have read the first two books in this Finfarran
Katie
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series is excellent. Love the Irish setting and the folks in the story. Hope there is a 4 th novel
Annarella
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's the first book I read in this series and won't surely be the last.
It made me crave to live in this Irish village and to meet the quirky and fleshed out characters.
I liked the engrossing and entertaining plot and I look forward to reading other instalment in this series.
Highly recommended!
Many thanks to the publisher and Edelweiss for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
Melissa
Great addition to the series, I am totally invested in these people and can't wait to see what they are up to next. I liked that Cassie came over from Canada and is getting to know her roots, and I liked that Hannah grew a bit of a backbone in the end and I loved that Jazz laid it all bare about her acquiescence to Mary.
This is a great Irish novel and so much of the culture is entwined within the plot which makes it all the more enjoyable for me.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary
Cathy Daniel
More like 3 1/2 stars. Charming book. Parts of it dragged and I wished it would hurry up but it's a lovely book with nice people and feel good too! I look forward to reading the others .
Jennifer Greer
Nov 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
I DNF’d this one at page 142. The characters were cute but there was way too many of them to keep straight and the story moved so friggin slow. The only character I cared about was Cassie but not enough to finish the story. It also had really nothing to do with Christmas or a couple like my sister and I had originally thought due to the name “Mistletoe Matchmaker” which was disappointing. I saw some review were people enjoyed this which is great, but this one was not for me.
Thesincouch
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was entirely fantastic - an amazing read and perfect for Christmas. Cassie was a great main character, I really liked her and I really liked how she got along with Pat and Ger. I loved to see how Aideen and Connor got on and what really surprised me of how much I liked it was the friendship between Pat and Mary - I would hate Mary if she existed but I love her as a character. Also I completely loved Pat, which in any other novel she would be a character to pity but Hayes-McCoy gives her a ...more
Kate ☀️ Olson
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult-reads
Loved this as much as the rest of the series!
Sally Coles
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cassie leaves Canada to come to the Finfarran Peninsula in Ireland, the place where her father was born and her grandparents still live. She soon befriends Hanna from the Lissbeg library and joins the book club, she is settling into life here but will she solve the problems from the past, Why is her grandfather so mean to her grandmother who is such a lovely woman...... and dont forget the gorgeous Shay!

It's great to be back in Lissbeg and with all the characters from the first two books. I love
Janette
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the third in the Finfarran series of novels but could be read as a standalone novel.

I really love the author's easy style of writing and quickly found myself drawn into the story. Lovely characters, this is a romance story but also a tale of friendship and community. I liked the Irish setting and would like to visit this area.

A warm fell-good festive story, which I can recommend. I also enjoyed the first two books in the series and would highly recommend these too.

June J. McInerney
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well, it’s that time of year again when the leaves are turning… both on trees and in newly-published Holiday-themed novels. With their releases and the appearance of red and green lights, shimmering tinsel, and Santa images online and in stores, can Halloween be far behind?
HarperPerennial, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers has jumped early into the fray with "The Mistletoe Matchmaker", the third novel by Felicity Hayes-McCoy. Set on the Irish Finfarran Peninsula, this charming novel, fist
Cindy
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am a sucker for a Christmas story. Doesn't matter the author, genre, story line. I have to admit I selected to read The Mistletoe Matchmaker by Felicity Hayes-McCoy by the title alone, knowing nothing about the story or author.

The first couple chapters left me wondering if this was a book I could enjoy. So much of the storyline, backstories of the characters, were vague; much of the wording - although English words, made no sense to me the way they were phrased together. I quickly realized
Micheal
Dec 29, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
*I won this novel from a giveaway on GoodReads and was asked for an honest review*

This is my first read by author; Felecity Hayes-McCoy. This novel is also #3 in the series, "Finfarran Peninsula". With that being said, I was kind of disappointed in this novel for a couple of reasons. Mainly, the title of the novel had absolutely nothing to do with matchmaking or Christmas. There was an over abundance of characters which I enjoyed but the story just took them all over the place and it got a
Valerie
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2019
I devoured all things Maeve Binchy Firefly Summer in High School and was thrilled to discover Felicity Hayes-McCoy has a similar way of building a warm, tight-knit community full of interesting characters each struggling in their own way but always willing to lend a hand, pitch in, or at least offer an opinion.

Fellow fans of Gilmore Girls might agree with me that Lissbeg is, in many ways, an Irish Stars Hollow.

At the end of the book is an essay by the author: The Story Behind The Mistletoe
Elizabeth
I've really been enjoying this series. The third installment, while updating you on previous character's lives, also introduces Pat and Ger's granddaughter Cassie, and explores more of their backstory. I wanted a little bit more for Cassie at the end, but hopefully she sticks around for the next book. The book alternates between many different character's perspectives and it's fun to revisit them.
Barb Kates
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this author and have read all her books. This is the third book in her Finfarren series and living in the States we have to wait a long time for publishing day. I am aware we can order books from Europe but I need digital to increase the font. The wait was well worth it!
Felicity Hays-McCoy never disappoints. This books character Cassie is the granddaughter of Pat and Ger. She goes to Ireland with her grandparents after their long over visit to their sons who emmigrated to Canada decades
patricia murphy
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mistletoe Matchmaker

A brilliant story written by a gifted author. I found it to be a difficult book to put aside when my eyes were tired.. I think it’s a must read, you won’t be disappointed. The third book in the Finfarran Series by Felicity Hayes McCoy.
Dilia Narduzzi
Nov 08, 2019 rated it liked it
An easy read. Passed a few nights of light reading. Not sure if this is going to continue, but there were some untied loosed ends that annoyed me. But I enjoyed the setting of the Irish countryside.
Kristen Heetland
Jan 02, 2020 rated it did not like it
Didn’t get into this at all. It was a struggle to finish it. I thought we were going to get a semblance of a love story (even the back cover hints at it??) or answer some questions about Cassie’s family history, but every loose end is just left unanswered. I couldn’t keep up with any of the characters either. Sigh!
Cardi
Dec 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Cute, cosy Christmas read, selected from the library's cute Christmas display.
Karen
Jan 16, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Wonderful charming story. Not a real plot. Just wonderful characters and how their daily interactions effect the story.
Nicole
Nov 04, 2018 rated it liked it
I hope there is a 4th book. This one left too many open endings.
Noraleen
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to like this book as I enjoy the characters and setting but it read like an early draft with little to no editing.
Caitríona Shanahan
Nov 28, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a disappointment for a few reasons.

The first two Finfarran books were predominantly populated by a variety of likeable individuals, whose journeys through life where disrupted by unpleasant individuals. Justice eventually won out, and the disloyal, the snobs, the grasping all eventually got their just desserts. That was major source of the pleasure in reading the books – it was it easy to become fond of the main characters, and see right done by them.

In this book however, it seems
Laurie
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss
There was a definite Maeve Binchy feel to Felicity Hayes-McCoy's "The Mistletoe Matchmaker," but unfortunately, I did not find this book to be as enjoyable or engaging as one of Ms. Binchy's. The characters were not as likeable as Binchy's, there were too many of them for me to keep track of, and the story was rather slow-paced. Overall, I found the book to be pretty boring.

Further, given the book's title, I was expecting there to be a stronger holiday/Christmas theme but it was barely even
Eris
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Over all this is an okay book. It was not my favorite read but it was not a horrible read. The story is about Cassie Fitzgerald who travels to Ireland around Christmas time to the village her Dad grew up in and to reconnect with her Grandparents. Cassie makes friends with Hanna a local Librarian and joins up with the book club at the Library. She settles into her new life and is drawn into the mysteries of the town. Like why does her Grandfather treat her Grandmother so badly and why did her ...more
L.A.L.
Dec 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
I picked up this book because it’s a holiday-themed book and it’s set in Ireland. I love Ireland and thought I’d get a lovely read about a small Irish town and a Canadian girl who finds love and family. But I’m one-third of the way through this book and so far the only thing that’s really happened is Pat & Ger visited their somewhat estranged family in Canada and somewhat black sheep granddaughter Cassie returned to Ireland with them. That’s it.

There’s a rather large cast of characters and
Sarrah
Dec 11, 2019 marked it as netgalley
Thanks, #netgalley for trying to get me into a festive mood.

Felicity Hayes-McCoy writes a cute little series about a quaint town in Ireland with the usual types of curmudgeons, ne'er-do-wells, and good-deed-doers. It's fairly formulaic and somewhat prosaic and doesn't do a thing for me. There are so many characters, and even with a revolving point of view, it's hard to keep track of who's who. Eventually, I just gave up caring that I didn't know who belonged where or that their characters didn't
Ruth
Aug 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Families, love them, be frustrated by them, or just go your own way? This new novel is led by an independent spirited young woman who doesn't let her hard charging, make money at all cost family dictate how she lives. She's a bright butterfly in a family of dark birds; she's a hair stylist with a yen for travel, and travel she does. When an opportunity opens to visit the home town of her Irish-American parents, she jumps in with both feet. When she lands, her bubby nature takes over and shakes ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• 25 Days 'til Christmas
  • Christmas in Vermont
  • Lady Clementine
  • We Met in December
  • The Bookshop on the Shore
  • Let It Snow
  • The Perfect Love Song: A Holiday Story
  • The Confession Club (Mason, #3)
  • Meg and Jo
  • Christmas on the Island (Summer Seaside Kitchen #3)
  • Christmas from the Heart
  • The Other Windsor Girl: A Novel of Princess Margaret, Royal Rebel
  • Christmas at Rosie Hopkins’ Sweetshop (Rosie Hopkins' Sweet Shop, #2)
  • Royal Holiday (The Wedding Date, #4)
  • Finding Christmas
  • A Mrs. Miracle Christmas
  • Christmas Sweets (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #18.5)
  • The Season: A Social History of the Debutante
Irish writer Felicity Hayes-McCoy is the author of the "Finfarran" novels, set in a fictional county on Ireland's West Coast. Cathy Kelly, bestselling author of "Between Sisters" and "Secrets of a Happy Marriage", describes Felicity's Finfarran books as "a delicious feast", and "sunshine on the page", while Jenny Colgan, New York Times bestselling author of "The Cafe by the Sea", calls them ...more

Finfarran Peninsula (5 books)
  • The Library at the Edge of the World (Finfarran #1)
  • Summer at the Garden Café (Finfarran #2)
  • The Month of Borrowed Dreams (Finfarran, #4)
  • The Transatlantic Book Club (Finfarran, #5)
“There was no point in asking someone for more than they could give. All that ever happened was that both of you got hurt.” 0 likes