Start by marking “Dream: Part 2 of Mental Damnation” as Want to Read:
Dream: Part 2 of Mental Damnation

Dream: Part 2 of Mental Damnation

Thought to be banished to the underworld by the humans, Krista mysteriously finds herself as the first of her kind to walk on the surface in centuries. This was caused by one of the underworld’s corrupt leaders, Danil, who uses her in an unholy ritual to set their people free. Danil’s infectious touch gives Krista the nightmarish disease known as Mental Damnation.

She becom
ebook, Second, 359 pages
Published September 13th 2017 by Reveal Books (first published February 24th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Dream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dream

G.J. Griffiths
Mar 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, my-reviews
I almost gave up on reading Mental Damnation: Dream because, not having read any of the series, I found the Introduction and Prologue far too long and wordy. Not until I was half way through chapter one did the story pick up enough to capture my interest. There is the usual problem, therefore, of not capturing the reader’s attention with the first few sentences of the book and them not persisting with it, which in this case would be a big loss! The tale of Krista and her disturbing dreams, Dread ...more
Eisah Eisah
May 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sheri
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mental Damnation Dream by Konn Lavery

Krista, a reptilian living in the underworld is infection with Mental Damnation. It is a brain disease that causes hallucinations, paranoia and schizophrenia. Krista is trying to fit in the human world of Zingalag, while trying to cope with the disease. Paladin and Dr. Alsroc find her. They tell her they want to help her and cure her of Mental Damnation.

She is pulled into the realm of Dreamweave Pass, and is being hunted. While there, the Dark Angels take he
B Diane
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-horror
Dark and Captivating!
Konn Lavery’s writing hooks you in by painting graphical imagery with each word that progressively moves the twisted fantasy story forward.
The book continues from the previous novel, Reality, but the backstory in the beginning chapters summarizes the plot which makes it easy to pick up if you haven’t ready Reality in a while or are new to the series.
This book dabbles in traditional fantasy underlines while the primary focus is about a very believable concept of a brain disea
Dawn Hebert
Nov 11, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
after having read the previous book, I was able to have a better picture of the events in the prologue and introduction of this book.

I only read on the bus to and from work and in the bathroom so its quite rare for me to finish as fast as I did this one. however I find the tale very dark and mysterious; a wonderful treat compared to most fantasy novels. the way konn's pen/computer/whichever he chooses to write with, just flows gracefully and there aren't many holes left open.

Krista's story has
Cassandra Larsen
Jan 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The world Mr. Lavery created is absolutely captivating and the illustrations beautiful! The plot is focused around a disease called Mental Damnation in which the protagonist Krista is haunted by horrible hallucinations. Dreadweave Pass, a shared hallucination among the infected, is a limbo sort of place where the Weaver recycles evil souls into his army as abominations. The beginning of the story is a little slow, but once it picks up, you’ll be hooked!
Jenae (Jeni)
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So it took me a while to read this, not because the story is bad, but because the beginning was quite...wordy. There was a bit too much history at the beginning to hold my attention, and I could only read a paragraph at a time before I got bored. But if u can get past the first couple chapters you'll find a wonderful little story. I'm invested now an will continue to follow this story in the next book.
Dawn Hebert
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Amber
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having picked up a copy of the prequel to this book, I was quickly drawn into a dark fantasy world lush with intrigue, suspense, and a deep well of madness.
A well from which Lavery expertly draws his brush and paints us a vivid tale that only grows richer and more intricate in this second installment of the series.
I appreciated the time the author took to provide us with a comprehensive back story and introduction, as this allowed me to let my imagination take control as my soul was carried fro
Gillian
It was okay. I wanted this to be so much better than it was. The premise is phenomenal, but the storytelling is a let-down. It seems rushed in a lot of parts, like the author had plans to come back and fill in the rough draft, but then forgot.
Bianca Wilson
Natasha
is currently reading it
May 01, 2016
Konn Lavery
Aug 05, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Jenelle Szucs
Brandi
Oct 16, 2017
Traci
Oct 20, 2017
Konn Lavery is a Canadian author who is best known for his Mental Damnation series. The second book, Dream, and YEGman both reached the Edmonton Journal’s top five selling fictional books list. He started writing stories at a very young age while being home schooled. It wasn’t until graduating college that he began professionally pursuing his work with his first release, Reality. Since then he has ...more