Start by marking “Dream: Part 2 of Mental Damnation” as Want to Read:
Dream: Part 2 of Mental Damnation

Dream: Part 2 of Mental Damnation

Thought to be banished to the underworld by the humans, Krista mysteriously finds herself as the first of her kind to walk on the surface in centuries. This was caused by one of the underworld’s corrupt leaders, Danil, who uses her in an unholy ritual to set their people free. Danil’s infectious touch gives Krista the nightmarish disease known as Mental Damnation.

She becom
ebook, Second, 359 pages
Published September 13th 2017 by Reveal Books (first published February 24th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Dream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dream

Start your review of Dream: Part 2 of Mental Damnation
Joshua Grant
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Konn Lavery returns us to his cool fantasy world in Mental Damnation: Dream. Having been sent to the surface from the underworld as part of a ploy, Krista has always been split between two realms. But now she finds herself dreaming up a new and dark place, one ruled by an even greater evil than she’s encountered before. Lavery’s world building is by far my favorite element of his work as are his likeable characters and fast-paced writing. If you like fantasy, this one’s for you!
G.J. Griffiths
Mar 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, my-reviews
I almost gave up on reading Mental Damnation: Dream because, not having read any of the series, I found the Introduction and Prologue far too long and wordy. Not until I was half way through chapter one did the story pick up enough to capture my interest. There is the usual problem, therefore, of not capturing the reader’s attention with the first few sentences of the book and them not persisting with it, which in this case would be a big loss! The tale of Krista and her disturbing dreams, Dread ...more
Julie Hiner
Jul 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-deck
A beautifully written piece of art!!! The incredible imagination of the author is brought to life on the page both with the vivid descriptions of the worlds portrayed and the details of the characters. I was glued to the page needing to know what would happen next to the characters I've become deeply attached to. My bond deepened with those returning from the first book, and I quickly fell in love with the new ones. The action is incredible. Unexpected events left me wanting to dive into the boo ...more
Eisah Eisah
May 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sheri
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mental Damnation Dream by Konn Lavery

Krista, a reptilian living in the underworld is infection with Mental Damnation. It is a brain disease that causes hallucinations, paranoia and schizophrenia. Krista is trying to fit in the human world of Zingalag, while trying to cope with the disease. Paladin and Dr. Alsroc find her. They tell her they want to help her and cure her of Mental Damnation.

She is pulled into the realm of Dreamweave Pass, and is being hunted. While there, the Dark Angels take he
B Diane
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-horror
Dark and Captivating!
Konn Lavery’s writing hooks you in by painting graphical imagery with each word that progressively moves the twisted fantasy story forward.
The book continues from the previous novel, Reality, but the backstory in the beginning chapters summarizes the plot which makes it easy to pick up if you haven’t ready Reality in a while or are new to the series.
This book dabbles in traditional fantasy underlines while the primary focus is about a very believable concept of a brain disea
Dawn Hebert
Nov 11, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
after having read the previous book, I was able to have a better picture of the events in the prologue and introduction of this book.

I only read on the bus to and from work and in the bathroom so its quite rare for me to finish as fast as I did this one. however I find the tale very dark and mysterious; a wonderful treat compared to most fantasy novels. the way konn's pen/computer/whichever he chooses to write with, just flows gracefully and there aren't many holes left open.

Krista's story has
Cassandra Larsen
Jan 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The world Mr. Lavery created is absolutely captivating and the illustrations beautiful! The plot is focused around a disease called Mental Damnation in which the protagonist Krista is haunted by horrible hallucinations. Dreadweave Pass, a shared hallucination among the infected, is a limbo sort of place where the Weaver recycles evil souls into his army as abominations. The beginning of the story is a little slow, but once it picks up, you’ll be hooked!
Jenae (Jeni)
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So it took me a while to read this, not because the story is bad, but because the beginning was quite...wordy. There was a bit too much history at the beginning to hold my attention, and I could only read a paragraph at a time before I got bored. But if u can get past the first couple chapters you'll find a wonderful little story. I'm invested now an will continue to follow this story in the next book.
Dawn Hebert
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Del
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Mental Damnation may be one of my favorite fantasy series' of all time. The story is captivating, filled with interesting characters and unique locations. It flows so nicely and is so easy to read, and its only downfall is the abundance (enough to be noticable, but not enough to be annoying) of grammar mistakes that can be found. I would highly recomend this series.
Amber
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having picked up a copy of the prequel to this book, I was quickly drawn into a dark fantasy world lush with intrigue, suspense, and a deep well of madness.
A well from which Lavery expertly draws his brush and paints us a vivid tale that only grows richer and more intricate in this second installment of the series.
I appreciated the time the author took to provide us with a comprehensive back story and introduction, as this allowed me to let my imagination take control as my soul was carried fro
Gillian
It was okay. I wanted this to be so much better than it was. The premise is phenomenal, but the storytelling is a let-down. It seems rushed in a lot of parts, like the author had plans to come back and fill in the rough draft, but then forgot.
Cassandra
May 26, 2017

• The Power of Imagination: Unlocking Your Ability to Receive from God
  • We Have Always Lived in the Castle
  • They Called Us Enemy
  • The Fall of Gondolin (Middle-Earth Universe)
  • Merchants of Doubt: How a Handful of Scientists Obscured the Truth on Issues from Tobacco Smoke to Global Warming
  • The Great Divorce
  • Drowning in Amber (Marie Jenner Mystery #2)
  • Last Flight (Dragon Age #5)
  • Stalking the Dead (Marie Jenner Mystery #3)
  • Prince Caspian (Chronicles of Narnia, #2)
  • Torn (The Unraveled Kingdom, #1)
  • The Gilded Chain (The King's Blades, #1)
  • Lioness Rampant (Song of the Lioness, #4)
  • Return to Abundance (Abundance #2)
  • Didn't Get Frazzled
  • The Colonel and the Bee
  • The Art of Hitting Home Runs
  • Asper
Konn Lavery is a Canadian author whose work has been recognized by Edmonton’s top five bestseller charts and by reviewers such as Readers’ Favorite, and Literary Titan.

He started writing stories at a young age while being homeschooled. After graduating from graphic design college, he began professionally pursuing his writing with his first release, Reality. He continues to write in the thriller, h