Start by marking “Revolution 2050” as Want to Read:
Revolution 2050

Revolution 2050

Samuel Moore is living a dystopian lie…

After a civil war, the North American Commonwealth now dominates the eastern half of the former United States. Controlled by a totalitarian regime called the Directorate, the NAC demands compliance, awareness, and unity. A Directorate member and teacher, Sam enjoys the benefits while skirting the forbidden.
ebook
Published April 3rd 2018 by Dancing Lemur Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Revolution 2050, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revolution 2050

Start your review of Revolution 2050
Gordon Long
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
In this day and age, we once again need reminders that each generation must fight for its own freedoms or it will lose them. What better plotline to borrow than the original: Orwell’s 1984. A dystopian society, close enough to our own to be scary. A repressive regime. A disaffected lower-level Party member, afraid to buck the system, but at the same time unable to follow the rest of the sheep any more. The question is, can one person make a difference? If so, how?

In Revolution 2050 w
Chessy The Cat
Nov 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Samuel Aden Moore is a high school teacher for the North American Commonwealth. The NAC is a totalitarian regime that controls the eastern half of the US. Sam is a member of the Directorate which rules the NAC. He has always followed the party line while enjoying some of the forbidden contraband, such as novels and history books.

When some of his students introduced him to the ideology of the Western Alliance his resolve to remain an arm of the Directorate starts to crack. Then Katie
Tyrean
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
From the first chapter to the climatic, the tension in Revolution 2050 ratchets up tight as both Sam and Katie struggle to find the right path to take, the right way to fight for the rights and freedoms of themselves and those they love. Sam and Katie find themselves both drawn into a battle with high stakes, and their choices may save or sacrifice the people around them. With unexpected twists and turns, unexpected possibilities of betrayal and reconciliation, Revolution 2050 takes a new path i ...more
Jenn
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-won
I won a copy of this book.

I wanted this book the minute I read the blurb for it. Chalk imagines a future where The United States has had a war and broken apart. A high school teacher learns of the land beyond his territory and sparks a chain of events that will change everything. YA dystopia at its best!
Joseph Carano
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I won an ARC of this book on Goodreads. This was a pretty good offering in the science fiction and war genres. Good realistic characters stand out here, with a pretty good plot to boot. Even though there will probably be a sequel or two to this novel,the story ended on a good note and not a cliffhanger. all in all, a read worth your time.
Anthony
I got this as a Goodreads give away. I have to say the setting and premise are very interesting, and the main character is pretty well developed. There are some flaws however. There is a bit of mysticism/magic in the middle that seems out of place, there are a couple of characters that seem to suddenly act differently without great development or reason. The ending wraps things up but adds an opening for another book, which would be fine except it seems hammered in. I wouldn't steer anyone away ...more
Alex Cavanaugh
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is actually a four and a half star book.
I read this despite the fact it's not my normal genre. But I really enjoyed it. The entire story is grounded in realism as opposed to the typical dystopian tropes.
I really enjoyed the character building. They were all multi-faceted.
The main character cares about his country and family and it's grounded in morality. Plus it's just as much a drama and romance as it is science fiction and dystopia.
If you are looking for something
Lloyd Mccullough
rated it did not like it
Sep 12, 2018