Start by marking “Miss Mechanic” as Want to Read:
Miss Mechanic

Miss Mechanic

Two mechanics. One rivalry.
She’ll prove she’s as good as she says she is.
He’ll prove her place isn’t under the hood.
It’s over it.

“Don’t let the bastards get you down.”
For twenty-six years, I lived by my daddy’s motto. Which is why “Mechanic Wanted” is all it takes for me to apply for the job at the garage we once owned.
And I meet the biggest bastard of them all.
Dexter Ryn
Published December 12th 2017 by Emma Hart

To ask other readers questions about Miss Mechanic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miss Mechanic

Apolishedreader
Dissenting opinion ahead. I seem to be the only person who feels this way.
I picked this book because of the female mechanic aspect. I thought this would be a book that challenged gender stereotypes with a strong female lead who does her job well and is respected for it with a hero who respects said woman. What I got was a sexist book filled with sexual harassment and dubious consent with a heavy dose of misogyny.
When a person (any gender) tells another person to stop leering at them, to not say
XxTainaxX
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’m a big fan of enemies to lovers. Jamie and Dexter have a strong attraction despite the fact that they don’t get along. The snark that flows between them is quite entertaining. The balance between the two was executed well.

At first, Dexter comes off a certain way that wasn’t endearing him to me but then as he develops, I got to see that there’s more to him than I originally thought. His relationship with the women in his family really made me enjoy him more. It was a great use of secondary ch
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**
Dec 15, 2017 marked it as not-gonna-happen-because-reasons

This is a big HELL NO from me. First off, that tag line??

Two mechanics. One rivalry.
She’ll prove she’s as good as she says she is.
He’ll prove her place isn’t under the hood.
It’s over it.

This shit is being written in 2017?!?! By a woman?!?!?! WTF???

And then I saw this friend's review.....yeah....big HELL FUCKING NO!

Michelle
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

e0291102e2b7204cb402fcb12c645c

Witty, charming, cute and sexy as hell!! Yup, you guessed it Emma Hart strikes once again as she delivers a heart filled romantic comedy that had all the nuts and bolts to keep her readers motor’s running! Right off the opening pages, sassy smart humor and a strong willed heroine will keep you glued to this book. Toss in banter and an enemy to lovers storyline….you know you got yourself a winning book!!! So if you are looking for a fresh, o
Alex ♈
Dec 11, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: safe

Well, it was definitely funny.
Sassy heroine, sometimes a bit childish and immature, but overall a decent girl with hot temper!

I take them in any form, but please not a doormat!

The hero was ok. Poor guy, he didn’t stand any chance against her. LOL.
Liked many of their ‘sparrings’. Some were odd, but some were funny.

No drama, no OM/OW, no silly misunderstandings.

“I love you, you crazy little shit.”
Michelle
Great book!!

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

I really enjoyed this book. The story was cute and sexy. With loads of sexual tension thrown in. I really liked Dex and Jamie's characters. From the start they were fighting with each. They could never see eye to eye on anything. Dec would just get on Jamie's nerves and she would the same. Basic this is how the story goes. But the story is really good and full of very funny parts. It has my laughing out loud in quite a few parts. I really like this author her writing is really good.
Shayna
“Just remember that no matter how hot he is or how tingly he makes your lady bits, he’s a sexist asshole who doesn’t have the capacity to give you the respect a badass chick such as yourself deserves.”

The QUEEN of Romantic Comedy has struck again! Her latest release, MISS MECHANIC, delighted, thrilled, and bulldozed its way straight to my heart! Emma Hart is a rom-com GENIUS and she proves herself time and time again. The HUGE SMILE never left my face! I always have the BEST DAMN TIME reading
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
This book was one of those perfect weekend reading experiences for me. This was fun, light and a really enjoyable story.

Jamie has spent her whole life surrounded by cars and their engines so it was only natural that she would become a mechanic like her father. From a very young age she would help out in her dad’s garage business and there isn’t anything she doesn’t know about the cars and the people that drive them in her town.

Sadly, due to some bad personal decisions, Jamie’s dad recently had t
Escape into a Booksite
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
*5 Stars*

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.

I am so in love with this book. Right from the very start it had me hooked. The attitude and smart ass comments between Jamie and Dex from their first meeting were hilarious, and the fact that they start off enemies was awesome because thats a favourite trope of mine.

Jamies inner dialogue is hilarious, she is extremely sassy – “Since opinions were usually closer to assholes than anything else, I didn’t care what he thought”.

I wa
Maayan
Dec 21, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 ⭐ ...more
Maria...
"3,5 Cross My Heart Stars"

"Miss Mechanic" was a pretty enjoyable reading!

I really liked this one.

Dexter and Jamie were so funny and their bickering were the best foreplay.

This book was a nice and easy reading with witty and hot moments. There were times were the characters acted a little immature but it didn't bother me too much. I really liked that both Dexter and Jamie had something to say to each other and didn't get shy or backed down from a challenge.

P.S. Obviously Jamie belonged under, and
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: December 12, 2017
Genre: Enemies to Lovers Romance

Emma Hart always writes enjoyable romances. She brings readers realistic and likable characters, an entertaining plot, and books that are easy to read in one sitting. Miss Mechanic is all of this and more. It's fun, sassy, angsty, and satisfying. It's the perfect enemies to lovers romance that will make you laugh out loud at the ridiculousness of it all and even touches upon serious issues like women in the workplace. I really lo
Sharon Mariampillai
Thank you Sharon J for recommending this book to me. This was an incredible read. The book was sassy, funny, and sexy. I loved every moment of it. I love how Emma Hart writes her rom-coms. The characters were fantastic. Dex is jerk that you cannot help but love. He is sexy, and filthy. However, the true reason I love this book is Jamie, the heroine of the story. She is fantastic. She is one of my favourite heroines of all time. I love the way she acts. I recommend this book to all fans of rom-co ...more
Syndi
Jul 15, 2018 rated it liked it
i was about to give this book 4 stars. i love jamie. she is kick ass. she is independent, takes no shit from anyone, strong willed, and have temper.

dexter is a typical alpha male. but he at the end bows to jamie. these sexy banter, flirting, push and pull and character development really deserves 4 stars.

but i cringe on some of the sexism on some of the conversation. so i end up 3 stars.
Monique V
Dec 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I picked up this book very randomly but it turned into a fun quick read. I enjoy books that are hate to love romances and even though this wasn't my favorite it kept me turning pages and laughing hard. I think that if you are looking for a quick fun read you should pick this book up.
Kim
Nothing really happened besides Dex and Jamie bickering in a garage while doing oil changes for about 70% of the book and the sexy parts weren’t that sexy if you ask me.

Not the worst book I’ve read, just a bit boring sometimes.
Tina
Dec 11, 2017 rated it did not like it
What the fuck was this?

Review tomorrow
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW ***

4 TACO CROWNS

Miss Mechanic is full of all the hate/love shenanigans one could want. From the very beginning, their dislike for one another creates the chemistry between Jamie and Dex until it evolves into much more, making their journey entertaining and fun.

Dex is a chauvinist, a complete pig when it comes to female mechanics. Surprisngly, though, I still really like him. His banter with Jamie and seeing him interact with his family makes him much more enjoyable
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
And this is why I love all things Emma Hart. As always, she grabbed me from start to finish. From Ms. Fix Up to Ms. Mechanic, everybody's gonna love this series so much. Emma Hart raised the girl power with this new series to the nth power and I don't need to say much because this book is EVERYTHING you needed and more. Emma is brilliant with her words and I will be forever in awe of her.

I have said this over and over that Emma is my go to author. I just love her penchant for things light hearte
Denna✌
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Funny + sexy = a perfect combo for me.

Safety Note: completely safe, no ow/om drama at all
Sophie
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: december-17
Miss Mechanic by Emma Hart is easily in my TOP 3 fave books Emma has ever written! I absolutely LOVED IT! Dex has my heart right now! He was pure male perfection! Gah!

Emma writes the best rom-coms. And just lately she's included the gender-flip that is just sheer brilliance. I can't even begin to tell you how much I've come to love this trope and Emma nails it every time. Miss Mechanic was so funny, so sassy and so sexy. I'm 100% addicted to it and now experiencing the BIGGEST rush!

Dex and Jam
İlkim
Okuduklarımın üstüne gerçekten iyi geldi, baya eğlendim.
Nalla Reads
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
Originally posted on NallaReads

description

I am so glad I decided to listen to my bestie and go for this book because OOH WEE are Dexter and Jamie HOT!

Nothing beats the explosive chemistry between workplace enemies. Jamie's family lost their beloved garage and its now run by Dexter Ryne. Not only is he old-fashioned in his non-belief on female mechanics but he doesn't believe Jamie can prove him wrong. When the two go head to head on who's the better mechanic they realize there's more at stake than just the
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Miss Mechanic by Emma Hart is my second book by Hart that I’ve read. What I enjoy and what had me picking up this book is that she puts women in a role that is consider a man’s job. I like seeing the reversal and having women working in jobs that aren’t normal.

Now, I’ve got mixed feelings on Miss Mechanic. It’s got sexism, sexual harassment, and dubious consent, but it’s also got some things I enjoyed and so, I feel conflicted.

Jamie and Dex don’t hit it off. They hate each other for no other re
Bookgasms Book Blog
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
*4.5 Stars*

When the opportunity arises for Mechanic, Jamie Bell to work for her family's previously owned mechanic shop, she does not expect new owner Dex Ryne to completely blow up her life (and her temper!!) This book was absolutely fantastic! I had a smile frome ear to ear while reading this book as it was full of sass, swoons and banter. Gahh it was everything. I completely fell for Jamie and Dex from the getgo. There is something about enemies to lovers/an old fashioned sexual tension fill
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
description
Emma Hart takes sexual tension and banter to the extreme in Miss Mechanic. If you're a fan of enemies-to-lovers, you'll be all over this one.

Dex and Jamie were two of the most stubborn characters I've ever read. They alternated between infuriating and on fire throughout the story. One minute I was wanting to shake someone and the next, I was swooning. Their relationship was all over the place and it had me tearing through the pages to see how everything would turn out.

Hart delivers a funny, sexy
RomanceBookVixen ~ Vianca
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
4 Star!

Super cute and hilarious!
Mara
Jan 22, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, trash-bin
Unreadable by any standard. Chock-full of mistakes that make you cry for an editor, with an unbelievable setting and two child MCs.
It's 0.99$. I would still not recommend it.

Setting: Would you wear a coverall to a job interview? No? Well she does in a sense. She's dressed in a full dress regalia with high heels for a job interview as a mechanic...
Lots is made of that she is the previous owner's daughter, but without any reason. So?
The way they interact is junior high, totally unacceptable in a
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy and voluntarily left a review

Emma Hart is by far one of my favorite authors but she has truly outdone herself in her newest book Miss Mechanic. Not only is it just as steamy as the rest and the families are just as hilarious but nothing fascinates me and makes me love a book more than a kick ass, sarcastic heroine and I would say out of all Emma's stories I have read Jamie is by far the sassiest of them all! Add in a mechanic that I would let check my oil anytime and you have
  • The Grass is Greener
  • 12 Days at Silver Bells House (Swallow's Fall #2)
  • Rocking Horse Hill
  • Northern Heat
  • In Safe Arms (Grace & Poole, #2)
  • The Road to Hope
  • Addiction
  • Searching for Billy Shakespeare
  • No Interest in Love (All About Love, #2)
  • In Sickness and In Elf (Paranormal Wedding Planners #1)
  • Cupcake Overload (Cupcakes, #2)
  • Shadow Lily (Wishes, #6.5)
  • Storm Clouds (Goodabri #2)
  • The Chateau of Happily-Ever-Afters
  • The 48-Hour Hookup (Chase Brothers, #4)
  • The Breakup (The Jordan Brothers)
  • Feels Like Home
  • Playing House (Sydney Smoke Rugby, #5)
Emma Hart is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over twenty novels and has been translated into several different languages. She first put fingers to keys at the age of eighteen after her husband told her she read too much and should write her own.
Four years later, she's still figuring out what he meant when he said she 'read too much.'

She prides herself on writing smart smut
“You’re always on my nerves, Dex. You’re practically a medical condition at this point.” 1 likes
“That’s it, guys,” I muttered, picking up one of the—undeniably pretty shoes—and looking at it. “That’s how we battle sexism. We don’t prove them wrong, we show up looking pretty and smile.” 0 likes