Start by marking “End of the Road” as Want to Read:
End of the Road

End of the Road

Lars Gunner, the frontman for Silent Plaids, died 23 years ago and his death was ruled an unfortunate accident. Despite the fact he can't recall what happened to him in his last moments of life, he is convinced he was murdered. He has been trapped in limbo until his daughter, Cecilia, unearths his journal and is able to see him. She seeks help from Kaleb, a psychic, but as ...more
Published October 22nd 2017 by Karen Michelle Nutt

To ask other readers questions about End of the Road, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about End of the Road

Start your review of End of the Road
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a really great book! I liked the premise that Lars was stuck in Limbo and then set free, once his daughter discovered his prized possession, allowing them to work together to solve the reason behind his death. I am not easily won over by psychic based books, but this book really swept me off my feet and took me along for the ride.

The characters were created exceptionally well, with lots of detail and personality. Be they ghost or alive, the author put together different people that all
Laurie
This book captured my attention at the start. It’s an upbeat paranormal mystery/ghost story that flows smoothly and finishes with a gratifying feel-good ending. Cecilia is determined to create a life for herself out from under the shadow of her famous rock star parents. When her dead father first appears, CeCe wonders if she is losing her mind, but Lars soon convinces her that he has some unfinished business and needs her help to set the record straight.

I loved the often humorous back and fort
The Word Nerd Reviews Blog
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-reviews
The End of the Road by Karen Michelle Nutt is a lovely story of betrayal, redemption, and love. The author has weaved a tale displaying the full range of human emotion from betrayal from those closest to you to familial and romantic love.

This author has a lovely writing style that captivates the reader. Although I worked out who was the villain fairly early in the story; it was still an enjoyable ride to watch how the characters discovered it for themselves.

The characters were so well written that you w
Susan Underbrink
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
A big thank you to NetGalley for the ARC. I am voluntarily reviewing this book. First time reading this author. I truly enjoyed this book. I rate it a 4.5. It had romance, mystery, a ghost-what's not to love? It was a fun, quick read. Did I have a connection to the characters? Not so much-but I loved Lars!! Lol. I would highly recommend giving this a go!! Enjoy
Dawn West
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, romance

**Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book.**

Wow. Just wow.

I'm not even sure where to begin with this book. This is the second of this author's books that I've read and I have to say that I was just as blown away this time as the last. She has a way of weaving such a fabulous tale with well-developed characters, humor, and realistic relationship in the middle of fanciful plots.

In this book, we have Cecelia, the daughter of a deceas
E.
Jan 01, 2018 rated it liked it

“End of the Road” by Karen Michelle Nutt is a paranormal mystery story that centers on Cecilia Gunner’s quest to solve the mystery surrounding her rock star father’s death…assisted by his ghost. Psychic Kaleb Houston becomes part of the investigation and may prove to be the most important discovery of all, both to Cecilia and her father.

This is a fun story that combines mystery and romance in a gradually unfolding tale that shifts between the past and prese
Kelley
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this rock star ghost story. It was sad and funny, but all in all a touching one.
Cecilia unearths her dead rock star father's journal and is able to see his ghost. Lars Gunner, frontman for the Silent Plaids, has been dead for over twenty years, and his death was ruled an accident, but was it an accident? Cecilia, with the help of a medium named Kaleb, sets out to discover the truth, but she believes her own life might be in danger.
Karson Lee
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked the premise for End of the Road. It's a believable tale of treachery that had me enthralled from the beginning.

The audio quality was good, but I found the narrator to be a little dull at times. I almost didn't finish, but I'm glad I stuck it through. You may want to turn audio speed to 1.25x.

I received this audiobook in exchange for an honest review.
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

A very heart-warming and emotional story, "End of the Road", will tug at readers' heartstrings.

Read full review in the 2017 December issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Donna Was A Scandal
a new to me author, with a suspenseful ghost story and rockstar...yeah, it's as fun as it sounds! Check out my full review on Scandalicious Book Reviews:
Khothy
Apr 29, 2018
Andrea Huelsenbeck
I first read snippets of this book on Weekend Writing Warriors when it was a work-in-progress. It’s a paranormal/mystery/romance.

Cecilia Gunner’s rock star father, Lars, died 23 years ago. Suddenly, he appears to her in the family home when she finds his old journal under a floorboard. He’s hazy about the details of his death, and he thinks it wasn’t an accident.

Cecilia tries to find out what happened by visiting an address in his journal, where he had an appointment shor
Katrina
Asim Nazir
Mar 20, 2018
Karen
Sep 18, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelley
Edgar
Kim hansen
Peggy
Jan 02, 2018

• All I Ask (Paradise Beach #2)
  • Love Me, Crazy (Love Me #1)
  • Liv (Signature Sweethearts #1)
  • The Ghosts of The Tattered Crow
  • Dad Is Fat
  • Christmas at Mountain Mist
  • Pickle Pie
  • 10 Dates (The Power of Ten, #1)
  • Symphony of Light and Winter (Symphony of Light, #1)
  • The Last Airship (Sam Reilly #1)
  • Angels Rising
  • Homegirl Ain't Gonna Make It
  • My Grandpa's Secret
  • Inked Passions: (A Love Struck Bad Boys Romance)
Karen Michelle Nutt resides in California with her husband. Though her three children are grown and starting their own adventures, she still has a houseful of demanding pets. Jack, her Chorkie, is her writing buddy and sits long hours with her at the computer.

When she's not time traveling, fighting outlaws, or otherworldly creatures, she creates pre-made book covers to order at Gillian's Book Cov