Start by marking “Adrienne (Bron Universe, #1)” as Want to Read:
Adrienne (Bron Universe, #1)

Adrienne

(Bron Universe #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  421 ratings  ·  30 reviews
She’s the queen he will have at his side, even as death threatens to keep them apart.

Coming up on the last spring break of her college career, Adrienne has more than earned a week of rest and relaxation. But a late night on campus leads to an assault by a former classmate who ends up killed by Adrienne’s rescuer… with a sword. Just when she thinks her life can’t get any
Published September 12th 2017 by DZRB Books (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Adrienne, please sign up.

really liked it 4.00  ·

Theodora Taylor
Description: After being saved from an attack by a mysterious stranger, Adrienne wakes up on an alternate Earth called Bron. She soon discovers that she is the soul mate of a young Asian king named Malik and that she’s basically been bridenapped. Cue the conflict.

The Good: Lots and lots of story, interesting world-building, and a well set-up mystery.

The Bad: Unfortunately though this story has lots of potential, it’s populated by two rather unpleasant people. Adrienne is generally cranky, lacks
Jane Stewart
4.5 stars. Enjoyable escape. Refreshing change. Creative sci-fi and fantasy. Good story-telling.

STORY BRIEF:
Malik lives in another dimension, a parallel earth known as Bron. Malik is king of Ulan, one of 14 kingdoms on Bron. Kakra is a rival kingdom. Malik must marry his one-true blood mate before his 25th birthday or he forfeits his throne, and the king of Kakra will take over Ulan. Using magic Malik finds his mate, Adrienne, a college student human on Earth. Malik travels to the Earth dimensio
Jai
Perfectly nice, but lacked heart. Plus, the heroine gets kidnapped twice, almost raped twice, and never bothers to learn some self defense moves, get a can of mace, or even buy a magical rape whistle? Seriously? TSTL.
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
This was just an alright read for me. It starts out strong. With plenty of intrigue, mystery, & hotness. But once you reach the middle,the story drags with the development of the plot & characters.
Things don't pick up again until you're 85% in the novel. Once you reach 95% mark the explanations become way too complicated in it's simplicity of the answers. If this makes sense? Basically, very simple conclusion but unnecessarily complicated in the explaining of it.

It has a nice futuristic
Gardavson
3.5 stars. The book had a slowish start. The end bumped the rating up a half star for me. I liked the characters and the storyline. The heroine drove me nuts a time or two, which is normal for me. Like when she squealed and ran to the other side of the bed on her wedding night upon seeing her new husband nude. Major eye rolling. C'mon, is she 12? The beginning had too much garden walking, man avoidance. Nothing happened and the book was easily set aside. The last half picked up and made for ente ...more
Monica
www.bookdevour.blogspot.com

Adrienne (Bron universe) by D. Renee Bagby

Adrienne is an average college student with a great destiny. Malik is the king of a country on Neon, a mirrored universe of earth.

The good:
I pictured Malik as Jason Momoa

The bad:
A few grammatical errors

I'm jus sayin:
This is a good read worth the price of the book.
Julia
Mar 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent time dimensional read.
Kimchi
Jul 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read serenity by this author and i must admit she is very talented. I cant wait to read the next book and i hope someone out there will buy this e-book and read it SERENITY Awesome book
Libby
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Different, but enjoyable. Loved the world building and the creative way magic worked. Liked the relationship between the 2 characters just wish it had been a bit more developed.
Elise-Pinterest+Goodreads=The Perfect Book Boyfriend
So far I like it, however the heroine, Adrienne, is annoying me!!! Update: throughout the entire book Adrienne annoyed me. She, never mind I can't even explain how annoying she was. The great thing about this story is that it was truly different. Alternate universe, magic, evil plot, kings and queens...yum. This is the only thing that saved this story (that and a hot Asian hero-you don't get many of those in IR). If you can get past her wavering between strong independent female, overbearing Que ...more
Javes
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was great because the character Adrienne, was traumatized, then transported to a whole new reality and the author didn't make her abnormally easy. Even when you totally wanted Adrienne to 'get with the program,' she was realistic in a,'heck no, you don't get to freak me out, turn my world upside down, & I'm okay with it because your all powerful & hot,' kind of way.
I'm not going to lie, this usually annoys me because I want the book to progress. Yet in this, I understood her fe
Aziza
I give this book 3 stars. I really struggled to get through the first half of this book. Not because of how it was written but because I really didn't like the heroine Adrienne. Her attitude nearly ruined the book for me. But the story was interesting enough to drive me to finish the book. Well written with nice character and world building. Some awesome action and magic also. An over all great story ruined by an unlikable and unrelateble main character.
Christine
May 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a bad bad book. DO NOT start reading it before your bedtime. Lucky I am on vacation but I stayed up all night -- oh yes I did! to finish it. Bad, bad book.

It really was an engaging story, similar to another of hers I have read -- but this is a good thing. Would love to see another like it. Very much recommend it, just block out a good chunk of time!
Ann Lorz
Jan 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotic, futuristic
I've only read Bagby twice but I have to tell you she's great. In each of her books she gives you something to smile about. I just wished she'd write faster. If you're into fantasy romance this is a book for you.
Didichan
This book could have been a four ... if Adrienne was not less irritating in the earlier chapters of the book... but it was understandable i guess. I was really thank for that the King. He did force himself on her he respected her. It could have being a great....
Cila517
Oct 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has to be one of my favourite books thus far.
The main characters balance each other out and I love that Malik is as far from being a goody two shoes as you can get. And Adrienne is not a whipmering nagging nelly.
Regina
Aug 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
wow what a great story i really enjoyed reading this right from the start you can't help but love the characters
Brianne
It got a little sloppy at the end "ghost Adrienne" really?

BUT, I would definitely keep reading the series if there were more books... Which there weren't...? Or at least not that I could find?
Carla Lee
The heroine is difficult to like due to her immaturity
Michaela
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this almost entirely too much! Action, adventure, magic and romance are all the elements of great stories. Adrienne and Malik's story was impossible to stop reading.
Louise
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
love this book
Ophelia Mozee
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read this book five time! I Love It.

Gale Stanley
Aug 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I read by Renee and it made me a fan. She's an expert at world building and always draws me into her universe.
Robbin
Apr 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this book. I liked that even though they were in a different dimension where everything came more easily they still fought and argued like a normal couple :)
Petit(e) Chose

• The Alpha Promise
  • Gold Mountain
  • J-Pop Love Song
  • Ebony Eyes
  • Fallen (Dark God Saga, #1)
  • The Real Thing
  • The Wanting (D'Shar Men, #1)
  • Being Plumville
  • Burn
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Naughty
  • Wild, Wild Mess:Atlanta
  • Kincade's Rose (The Megalodon Team, #1)
  • Nerds Are Freaks Too
  • On Caristo's Watch (Italian Knights, #2)
  • Scar (Pack Rulez, #1)
  • Thierry's Angel (Chevalier Men #1)
  • A Kiss of Ashen Twilight (Ashen Twilight #1)
'Home is where my stuff is'. That's Reneé's motto... one of many.

An Air Force brat born and raised, Reneé has traveled all of her life. She was born in the Netherlands and raised in Japan, Texas, Florida, and finally Virginia.

Her travels didn't stop once high school ended. She attended college in North Carolina at Elon University, graduating with a B.A. in International Studies and a minor in Asia