Start by marking “Renegade Magic (Legacy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Renegade Magic (Legacy, #3)

Renegade Magic

(Legacy #3)

Secrets have consequences—and so do truths.

I’ve been outed as a Legacy and there’s nothing I can do but deal with the aftermath. I thought I could handle it—I was wrong. The city is in chaos, and I have more enemies than allies. Some that I once called allies have quickly become my betrayers.

Just when I didn’t think things could get any worse, Conner resurfaces and he’s ready
Published September 11th 2017 by Sky Publishing LLC

Start your review of Renegade Magic (Legacy, #3)
Patricia Huynh
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I had a few issues with this book that made me waffle between 3.5 or 4 stars. I'm still not sure, so I went with 3.5 because damn I read waaay to much for some BS to be happening in the THIRD BOOK.

Cons:
• What is up with this book's pacing? It's like everything happened at once. BAM. Suddenly you have action scenes that happen out of nowhere. It's like walking outside your front door when a refrigerator hits you. Or that time when Dean was walking on the street when a piano fell on him. An/>
Shari Field
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Action packed

Great read, really enjoying this series of you are looking for a fun and interesting book this Series will make you very happy
LexiLikesLiterature
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
I've actually listened to this book 3 entire times. It's taken me a while to get to this review and I didn't want to move in to another one or I'll forget. There is a scene where the lead character, Levy, makes a comment about how she felt towards those who she felt betrayed. I thought that moment, actually that one sentence was the best of the whole book. I felt it was one of those moments the author truly wrote what this character would feel. I was shocked this author was so bold. Its a spark ...more
Shasha
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Giving up

I'm giving up on this series. The characters just react to whatever is thrown at them and don't grow. The plot still jumps around. So done with the villains.

Read in KU
Maggie
Sep 30, 2017 rated it liked it
see review for book 2. A solid 4 book ruined by trashy gimmicky endings. Not sure if this publisher forces it or it's an author thing.
E Varady
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
Disappontment

Books 1 and 2 were good. In book 3, the plot becomes a bit redundant. The lead seems to ping pong around the city getting into fights but always needing to be rescued. She also lets her hormones do her thinking for her, sleeping with the male lead despite the fact he has basically shrugged at murder of her fellow Legacies and decided it was ok to lock her in an interrogation room because she was mad and walked away from him. The messages here are kind of disturbing --it is not ok to tra
Lewcy Duck
May 27, 2018 rated it liked it
I just finished this series - and I read a lot of first novels in series like this. So it says a lot for the engaging content of the story that I went all the way through. I really enjoyed the story - it was fairly fast paced - and there were no sections that seemed to drag. The main characters are all very fierce and powerful and I definitely enjoy that sort of thing. I'll just list the things that kept me from giving it a 5 star rating:

1) I know this is common in this genre, but it
Alexandria Woods
Aug 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Claire
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
At no point did I read anywhere that this was a trilogy, but I've read a lot of them recently and just assumed, the ending of this book definitely dispelled that idea, talk about a cliffhanger! And speaking of the ending, the book came to an excellent end point, but didn't, it kept going and the last bit felt like it didn't belong in this book and should have been in the next one, since this would have avoided the cliffhanger I would have preferred this.

Levi and Gareth finally end up
Marsha
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
(3.5 Stars )

"Renegade Magic" was a slightly better read than the previous book in this series. This time the plot moved forward as well as Levy's relationship with Gareth. However, Gareth's obligations to his job often conflicts with Levy's personal challenges as a Legacy. No matter how hard she works, the disdain and prejudices against her and her kind just won't go away.

Of course Conner is back in the mix with her personal brand of crazy but his antics as well as those
Victoria Bailey
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review: HOLLY SMOKES! This book was beyond amazing it took me a night to finish because it was just that great. This book does not disappoint, it was definitely action packed and exciting. I felt like I got more of a fast paced story line of Levy in this book and she is slowly letting her guard down with Gareth which is refreshing since she always has to be in this constant state of never being valuable. I also have to say I feel lik ...more
Iris (Artemis Library)
Kindra Binder
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was given a free copy of this book for an honest review:

Levy is a brat! But I can seriously understand why. We saw more character growth in her behavior and choices, but she is a stubborn one.

Gareth really grates my nerves sometimes with his back and forth authoritative behavior. The whip lash was making me really start to not like the guy. But he chilled out a bit as the book went on.

The story line was packed full of different things happening. It was one thing after the other a
Trini
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed this 3rd book in the series. Levy's story continues from where it left off in Obsidian Magic and has the excitement and danger we have come to expect in this series. The book was fast-paced and full of surprises as more enemies come into the story. We also see development in Levy and Gareth's relationship. Levy is struggling to figure out her place in the world as more people find out that she is a Legacy
Brandon
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer - I received a complimentary copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed the book which, as you can see, is the third in the series. I have read them all as well as another of the author's series.

To be perfectly honest, I think the lead character (Levy) is a whiney brat who doesn't know when to shut up and listen. She definitely has issues with authority, but I think that is one of the things you grow to love about her.

She is strong willed and determined and that, a
C.J. Santiago
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read....

Levy is a Legacy and Connor is a Vertu. Both world unstoppable magic. Power is something Connor thrives for and his plan is to make Levy his consort. Gareth is the head is the supernatural guild, and he and Levy are trying to avoid being an item. Savannah is Levy's roommate and someone who can boost magic. In the wrong hands, she could be deadly.

Speed forward. Connor released monsters to rain havoc on humans and supers because he wants Levy for himself. Make sense to you?? No
Ashley Nard
Oct 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Amanda
May 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Entertaining

I really have enjoyed the story in this book and the two before it. It was different. There were new supernaturals as well as the common ones that people write about. It was a fast,easy read but kept my interest. I gave it 3 stars due to editing issues that if fixed would have made the books look and feel a lot more professional.i realize that by reading books online in kindle unlimited instead of buying a paper copy that it may be due to the internet.it seems to happen a lot in books i
Julie
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First off, for anyone who hasn't read the first two books, this is not the place to start. You need to start this series from the beginning. That being said, I love Levy. She's really had been dealt a rough hand in life. She's constantly trying to do the right thing and help and yet people despise what she is. We see her struggle in this book with trying to remain a good person and overcome the anger and rage that is starting to take root within her. But she still keeps her sass and snarkiness w ...more
Jojo
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The third installment in the Legacy series by McKenzie Hunter, Renegade Magic and the battle between Levy and well basically the world it seems. There were a bunch of twists still in this third book in the series that literally made me stop reading and let my mind finish exploding. Those parts were the best though despite the graphic way it was described. I still laugh at the times when Levy actually holds her tongue and behaves, it's like I can see her in my mind's eye restraining. That is the ...more
Dawn Schofield
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gripping

O am really loving this series. With a lot of author's I plow through the first two books but then run out of enthusiasm at the third, because many author's get so far and then they run out of situations for their characters, instead these books go from strength to strength, and the characters continue to evolve. I don't want to give anything away, however, I am really enjoying the way Savannah is growing as a character, I was worried that she may become insipped or boring but this isn'
Breann
Aug 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
Abort mission!

I tried and failed at 85% (sooo close). I read books one and two, even though I’m partially of the belief that these books are written by a team of artificial intelligence and humans. It’s too mechanical and the language it trying too hard. The word innocuous still reigns supreme. Just stop.

Spoiler alert: they kill off the most well-developed character (villain) in this book so that really sucks. They also add in new storylines that don’t make sense - clearly afterthoughts. It’s
Epicbookaddict
Jul 26, 2018 rated it liked it
The story continues to keep my interest and I like the possibility of meeting new Legacy. There seems to be a lot of repetition and info dumping (of info we already know) that is irksome. I think I have an unhealthy fascination with Conner and his appearance-I mean if he's so narcissistic and all powerful, where has he been all this time? Hopefully we'll get some answers in the next book... Levy's continued lack of confrontation where Gareth is concerned is mind numbingly bothersome but throw in ...more
Jana Gundy
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great read in this series

I love Levy and her world and each books just delves more into her life and the challenges she faces. She’s very closed off emotionally so her and Gareth being together is not a commitment to her but I wonder how she really feels about it. All of the super natural and human problems are ramping up for an eventual fantastic show down. I would love just a chapter or scenes from Gareth too, it helps to know his side as well.
ashley tilque
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Read this series! Thank you McKenzie!

McKenzie Hunter does it again! This book (series really) takes you on such an emotional roller coaster, a great one. I love the characters and world you create. I love the sarcasm, the laughs, the relationships literally everything. You have the best cliff hangers. I cannot wait for the next one! I very strongly recommend this book, and all of her other ones!! Thank you for another great escape from reality!
Jumms
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
She does it again

Like the others before i wasn't able to put this book down. The storyline gets a bit more complicated and you learn more abt the characters. The relationship w Gareth and Levy is more nuanced and aside from crazy Conner we have new players in the mix. Def worth p8cking up and the read.
Tim
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal

I can’t wait to see what happens in book 4. The author has created an exciting world and characters I’d love to see and read about beyond just 4 books. I know the saying goes, “Always leave them wanting more,” and I think the world and characters are so well-built that several more books would still leave us wanting more. Fantastic series and a new favorite author.
Relina Skye
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Renegade Magic is the third book in the Legacy Series by McKenzie Hunter. Conor is like a cockroach, every time you think he's dead, he's not. Levy and Gareth try to seek out the remaining Legacy, only to have a mysterious killer get to them first.
Overall, this was a great addition to this series.
Dawn
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it
I just didn’t care for this book. The plot has been repetitive since the beginning, and the constant whining about being a Legacy and how hard it’s been, and Connor, and blah, blah..I couldn’t stand it. I definitely didn’t like the cliffhanger ending which seemed to appear out of left field. Because I’ve invested three reads in this series, i’ve gotta see this through to the end.
Edmund C.
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Renegade magic resolves issues and raises more

Existing foes are defeated
Treachery is dealt with
The scope of law enforcement grows
A new/old foe emerges
A scare to people with have grown to like is solved with ingenuity by an always present character
Looking forward to reading the next book in the series
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Forbidden Magic (Witch's Bite, #4)
  • Revelation of Blood  (Skye Morrison, #5)
  • Keeping Secret (Secret McQueen, #4)
  • Girl, Forsaken (Girl, Vampire #2)
  • Reborn (Princess of the Blood #1)
  • Incrusted: Hiding The Demon Within (Warepire Reverse Harem Romance, #1)
  • Queen of Wolves (Queen of Wolves, #1)
  • Red Moon (Vampire Files Trilogy #2)
  • Wolf Witch (Victoria Brigham #1)
  • Of Shadow Born (Shadow World, #4)
  • Coming Home (Annan Werewolf Series, Book 1)
  • Darkened (Avery Tywella #1)
  • Born In Blood (Born Hunter, #1)
  • Abusing the Alpha (Seraphine Thomas, #4)
  • Pierced (Book 1 of the Pierced Series)
  • Blood Cure
  • Robert (The Valentines, #1)
  • Trial by Thrall (Trial Series, #2)
Sign up for McKenzie's mailing list to be notified of updates, promotions, cover reveals, and new releases:

Facebook Group:

Amazon Author's Page:
amazon.com/author/mckenziehunter

McKenzie, as a child, discovered that her life could be a whirlwind of adventures by simply opening a book. To this day, reading is still her favori

Legacy (4 books)
  • Double-Sided Magic (Legacy, #1)
  • Obsidian Magic (Legacy, #2)
  • Rogue Magic (Legacy Series #4)
“He made a face as he considered my suggestion but gave it just a few seconds of his time. “Doesn’t seem to have worked for you.” Then he gave me another sly smile. Even if it had worked for me, I suspected he would have ignored my suggestion. Avery and Gareth seemed to be embroiled in a subtle battle of dominance and stubbornness. Based on what I’d seen of Gareth, I was going” 1 likes
“Is your uncle in his office?” I blew out a sigh of exasperation as he returned to his phone, sending a text. “I don’t know.” I looked for Beth, who usually worked the reception desk of the SG. The kind fae knew her” 0 likes