Start by marking “Shadow Hunt (Disrupted Magic, #3)” as Want to Read:
Shadow Hunt (Disrupted Magic, #3)

Shadow Hunt

(Disrupted Magic #3)

Published February 13th 2018 by 47North

To ask other readers questions about Shadow Hunt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow Hunt

Start your review of Shadow Hunt (Disrupted Magic, #3)
Beth
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Scarlett finds herself in a situation that she desperately needs to find some unbiased and private advice. So, Scarlett and Molly head of to Vegas, leaving Jesse watching Shadow, Scarlett’s bargest. Putting Jesse in the crosshairs of a past enemy and Shadow missing.

Finding herself way out of her league and with the ones she holds most dear at risk, Scarlett has to pull out all the stops.

Amazing, action intense, unexpected and with out a doubt a new favorite, Shadow Hunt is one of those reads you
Montzalee Wittmann
Shadow Hunt by Melissa F Olson and narrated by Amy McFadden is book three in the series. Scarlet is very hormonal, a group is trying to take Shadow, a Great Hunt is coming and more! This is packed with action, emotions, and fantastic fantasy! Can't wait for the next book!
Narration is fantastic too as usual!
Runningrabbit
On the Hunt for more Melissa Olson

KU
I didn’t find this book quite as engrossing as the previous novel, nonetheless, I am still in love with the snark and hellraising of Scarlett Bernard.

The quality and encompassing world that Melissa Olson has built wraps around the reader entirely enveloping a journey of ups, downs, and excitement. These novels are fast paced and keep you up into the night glued to the pages. There’s no explicit sex but plenty of romance woven into the books to even out
Shelley
*Source* NetGalley
*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 4.0

*Thoughts*

Shadow Hunt is the third installment in author Melissa F. Olson's Disrupted Magic trilogy. If you've read Blood Gamble, the second installment in this new trilogy, you know that our protagonist, Scarlett Bernard, got stunning news at the end of that story that has put her in a very difficult and dangerous position. Especially if anyone with a grudge against her finds out. But, what's even more disconcerting, is that a former enemy has
Melindeeloo
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars - After a short prolog to introduce the villain, Shadow Hunt picks up pretty much at the point of the Big Bombshell revelation that ended the previous book and Scarlett and Molly scurry off to Lex's neck of the woods to gather more info on Scarlett's situation. She leaves Jesse in charge of Shadow and he gets caught in the crossfire and suddenly Scarlett's whole world is in danger.

Boy was Shadow Hunt good. I have to admit that I never thought that I was going to like Scarlett as much
Jeanine
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this newest edition of Scarlett's story. I love that Lex was also in the story. This is the best ever.
Michelle
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
When I saw a new book by Melissa F. Olsen was out I knew I had to catch up on the series. I enjoyed reading the start of this series a few years ago but couldn't really remember what had happened, so i reread them, then jumped straight into the spin off series Boundary Magic. Having the whole series fresh in my head really helped me in following the story for Shadow Hunt, especially with the mentions of characters from Boundary Magic.

Shadow Hunt begins with possibly the biggest surprise, it as
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
While Scarlett travels to Colorado to gain some insight into her "situation", Jesse and Shadow are kidnapped by some french witches. Jesse is recovered but is in bad shape, which makes Scarlett realize how much she cares about him - aw! She returns to LA to figure out what these witches are up to, why, and how she can get Shadow back.

I'm really enjoying this series. I especially love how accurate the author's description of how things are in Los Angeles. I find myself smiling because I've made
Fangs for the Fantasy
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nulls are infertile. Everyone knows this. Scarlett certainly knows this

So being pregnant was… unexpected to say the least and raised all kinds of implications which she has to learn about quickly

But the luparii witches have arrived - they want their Barghest back (Scarlett’s cute pet abomination) and more - they plan something big - possibly apocalyptic and Scarlett is the key to stopping it and likely much much more.

I think this book represents a rather excellently timed shift. After two books
Suz
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy, audio
Well, that was a couple of unexpected turns of events. It will be interesting to see where Olson takes this now.

Exceptional narration, too.
Waneta
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another Gem from Melissa F Olson

Since the day I first discovered the Boundary Magic series, I have devoured every single book this author has put out. This latest installment to Scarlet Bernard's story is definitely one of the best. It wraps so many things up brilliantly while still leaving you aching for more. The tie-in to the Boundary series was so amazing that I've gone back to re-read that series. I highly recommend this book.
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I first met Scarlett Bernard in Dead Spots and have followed her every since. This is book three is the second trilogy and the story just keeps getting better. Molly and Jesse are back and important characters in this story. The big surprise is something that Scarlett never expected. That surprise drives this plot and causes no end of trouble. When Scarlett unexpectedly leaves town an old enemy arrives and starts to take revenge. This is a fast paced story that ends with a new relationship ...more
Jeff
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get an advanced copy of this one and I just couldn't put it down. This was my favorite of the Scarlett books. Olson has created an interesting and realistic shared world between the Scarlett and Lex books. She also has two awesome and badass female protagonists. That being said, I am much more fond of Scarlett and she gets quite the adventure here. This is a really great read with enough action and mystery to keep anyone entertained (there is even some romance thrown in if ...more
Angie
**Copy provided through Netgalley for voluntary review.**

Lots of forward progression in this book. And some squee-worthy moments. Olson isn't usually focused on the romance aspect but I loved it this time. I also loved Will's storyline at the end. Lots to smile about. This book felt final but Olson likes to leave things a little bit open. Scarlett is a badass, I could read about her adventures forever. Well done.
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Sad, I liked Scarlett but I’m not team Jesse. For that reason I didn’t finish the first book in this set of trilogy series. I like Lex. So I hope I won’t be lost if and when another Lex series comes along.
Maggie
Mar 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindleunlimited
I take a point of for cliff hangers. With a decent ending on a book, there's usually a sense of satisfaction / contentment on finishing. I enjoy Melissa's writing WITH THE EXCEPTION that you get to the end and your looking for another page, cause, really this isn't the end of this book?!? It happens on each one, the end feels like having a door slammed in your face, abrupt and very unsatisfying. I so wish she'd drop her infatuation with cliff hangers.
Megan
Jesse
Dashiell
----------------------------------
What happens?
Scarlett finds out some shocking news and runs to her friend Lexi and her vampire boss Mavern for advice. During her trip Jesse is looking after Shadow who is then kidnapped by the witches that helped to create her.
Final thoughts
Won't say too much for fears of spoilers but this was such a good
Ami
Stacy
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I just can't seem to get enough of Scarlett and her friends.

A lot happens in SHADOW HUNT to wrap up the storyline that has been building in the past two books. If you have not read book two, BLOOD GAMBLE, do not continue to read my review as there will be spoilers for that book included.

As we know from the ending of BLOOD GAMBLE, Scarlett brought a little something home with her from Vegas. SHADOW HUNT sends her on the hunt for answers about what the future will hold for her child. I loved
J.A. Ironside
This series is exactly why you should check Kindle daily deals, which is where I found the first book and thought I'd give it a go. I've started at completely the wrong end of Scarlett Bernard's story - this is the second trilogy - but I'll definitely be going back and reading the first trilogy, and the other books set in this universes too.

Scarlett is a null - she renders magical creatures (vampires, werewolves, witches) human when she is in their presence. (Rather like Gail Carrigher's
Elisa
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Olson rocks this book. By now, we know our characters and world and Scarlett shines in this. Things come together, some ass is kicked, scary things happen, people do stuff. You know, stuff!
I love Shadow, she is amazing. The triumvirate has to pull together, we don't see them a lot, this book really is more about Scarlett and her growth, but they have to mete out some old world hurt and it is awesome. AND, it ends with the promise of more to come. So yay!
So, if you like Urban Fantasy, you
Susan Angela Wallace
shadow hunt by Melissa f Olson.
For years now, Scarlett Bernard has counted on two things: her ability to nullify magic, and Shadow, the bargest who guards Scarlett with her life. But after a sudden revelation turns Scarlett’s world upside down, she panics and leaves town without warning, leaving Shadow with her partner, Jesse. In the chaos that follows, the bargest is stolen—and Jesse nearly dies from a brutal psychic assault.
a slow but good read. had to put it down and leave it for a day then
Susan Angela Wallace
shadow hunt by Melissa f Olson.
a slow but good read. had to put it down and leave it for a day then
Jeannie Zelos
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shadow Hunt,(Disrupted Magic 3),Melissa F. Olson

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre: general fiction(adult), Sci-fi and Fantasy.
I love this series, and the sister series set in the same world. It was that one, featuring Quinn and Lex that brought me the the Old World, and let me to buying more and being lucky enough to have some review ARCs too.

I love Scarlett, she's in a tough and dangerous world, has to do things that her heart really isn't in, but which are necessary to protect
Brianna Belbin
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I couldn’t put this book down after reading Midnight Curse and Blood Gamble! Even after what happened in the end of the last book, Scarlett Bernard manages to get herself into situations that only she can fix. I think she has even more snark and sass than the previous books and she finally chooses the right guy! It felt like there was a lot more going on in this book, but it didn’t feel rushed and I was extremely satisfied with the ending. I hope there is another series spin off because I’m not ...more
Sheryl
Just love this series! Another exciting book with so much going on. This one picks up where the last left off. I sure hope there is a follow up to this one. There wasn’t a cliffhanger but there is so much happening in everyone’s lives that it would be a shame to not see them again. Amy McFadden does a great job narrating.
Tiffany
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another good story

This book showed up in my Kindle at just the right moment. I've yet to be disappointed with a Scarlet story. I'm from Pasadena so I always like to hear about the places and nearby cities as I read. I was hoping the book would center on Scarlet being pregnant and primarily focus on that, so I'm a little bummed that didn't happen. I was also looking for some insight as to how Eli felt about everything. But I'm happy with the new development with her and Jesse and overall the
Kathy
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ending arc of this set of books. Scarlett is in the middle of the largest personal crisis of her life when an old enemy returns to town with a plan to devastate the entire supernatural community. Good finish to this storyline with a setup for some future appearances of Scarlett and crew in Olson's other series.
Gskm
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is ten stars!

This is so good. It deserves a ten star rating. I love these characters. It’s a standalone but it has favorite characters that just keeps me glued to the kindle and listening to the audible version until the last page. I know I will go back and re-read book one, two and this one in the next two weeks just to keep these characters close. Highly recommend the audible. Narration is excellent. I want a Shadow for my own as well as a Jesse!
Edeena Cross
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
More!

I re-read the two previous Disrupted Magic books so that I’d be ready for today, and was thrilled when this book downloaded this evening (in Australia). My only grump is that I finished too soon and there are so many more things I want to know - but will there be a Disrupted Magic book 4 or will we be lucky enough to get another trilogy that continues on? I don’t care, I’d just like more please!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Well of Magic (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill #4)
  • Dark Dancer (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #3)
  • Night Stalker (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #2)
  • Shadow Hunter (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #1)
  • How to Kiss an Undead Bride: The Epilogues (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #7)
  • Pack of Lies (The Potentate of Atlanta #2)
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Shattered Bonds (Jane Yellowrock, #13)
  • How to Break an Undead Heart (Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #3)
  • Family and Honor (Jacky Leon #2)
  • The Warrior (The Immortal Dealers, #3)
  • Shadow of Doubt (The Potentate of Atlanta, #1)
  • How to Wake an Undead City (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #6)
  • Diamonds and Blood (Chameleon Assassin #5)
  • The Guardian (Immortal Dealers, #2)
  • How to Claim an Undead Soul (Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #2)
  • Shadow Magic (Hidden Magic #1)
  • Warrior Fae Princess (Warrior Fae, #2)
Melissa Olson was born and raised in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, and studied film and literature at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles. After graduation, and a brief stint bouncing around the Hollywood studio system, Melissa landed in Madison, WI, where she eventually acquired a master's degree from UW-Milwaukee, a husband, a mortgage, a teaching gig, two kids, and two comically ...more

Disrupted Magic (3 books)
  • Midnight Curse (Disrupted Magic, #1)
  • Blood Gamble (Disrupted Magic, #2)