Start by marking “White Knight” as Want to Read:
White Knight

White Knight

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  1,159 Ratings  ·  256 Reviews
From NY Times Bestseller, CD Reiss... Catherine's long lost love is found.

Catherine Barrington is a rich girl. Chris Cartwright is a poor boy.
He left her to make something of himself. A man she could be proud of. A man she could bring home to her parents. A man she could marry.
On the trading floor he became the man he knew he could be. Now, it’s time to return.
Rich girl.
Po
Published March 6th 2018 by Flip City Media Inc.

To ask other readers questions about White Knight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about White Knight

Shayna
“Don’t deny me. I’m yours.”

Can I just take a moment and tell you ALL that I’m amazed and in absolute awe of the insane talent that this author brings to the table each and every time? I mean, DAMN! I want to live in her brain! I want to devour her thoughts! I want to live and breathe in the pages of her stories! From the early stages of KING OF CODE, I adored Catherine’s character. I wanted to reach through the pages and hug her forever. I felt her intense emotions with just the little bit of
Sabrina
Feb 24, 2018 rated it liked it
NOW LIVE!!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

White Knight follows one time teenage sweethearts, Catherine and Chris, ten years after they last saw each other. They first met when Catherine was the rich girl at the country club and Chris was just a lowly worker most ignored. When their lives bring them together again, though, Chris is now wealthy with a name everyone knows in New York, and Catherine is still in the small town, selling off her family's possessions for money.

I honestly don't know what to say ab
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Oh to be young and in love. Sneaking around and finding time with the one you love. BUT to be caught during your first time and ripped away from the only person you feel connected to, not just your best friend, but your everything. It’s shattering. He leaves with a promise to come back for you..... yeah 13 years later.......

13 years built upon lies, twisted with nightmares, and sadly when he reappears, truths are revealed that just simply piss me off. Not the writing, no, just the story...
Okay
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

Dear Catherine,
This time, I’ll come with you wherever you want to go.
I’ll stay where you want to stay.
I am at your service from this point on.
All my love,
Christopher.

From the moment I read the synopsis to White Knight, I knew this was definitely a book I was going to enjoy; rich girl, poor boy, two different people coming from completely different worlds. Two people torn apart by pride and their differing social standings; a poor boy who needs to leave and make something of his life, somethi
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4,5 STARS

This is one of my favorite books from CD Reiss, from the moment I start reading it I find myself so into the story!I loved how the story goes in this one and I enjoyed the characters!This is a second chance romance between Catherine and Chris!If you have read King of Code like me you'll know Catherine from there.I was so excited that we could have her story and learn more about her!

description

Catherine is sweet and kind.Chris was an interesting character, I was intrigued about him!He loves her s
Wendy'sThoughts
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: C.D. Reiss Fans, Romances
4 Meant to Be Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free- It's Live!!!
There are only so many stories to be told...Oh, each can be told differently, creatively and with each author's unique way of telling it. C.D. Reiss is an author who has all of the above with additional doses of ways to reach into your head and heart with just a few words that can carry the weight of everything two people are experiencing for the first time... the pull to one another.

Wide-eyed, he said, "Did you feel it?"
"I did. I did feel it.
Tijuana *BookTwinsReviews*
Chris Carmichael is the business! I swooned so hard! Seriously, I almost fainted! This series by CD Reiss is my absolute favorite. Her writing is flawless, the story is impressive, and the end result is magical!

Here's the breakdown: Chris and Catherine were separated early in their young relationship. After falling for the boy from the wrong side of town, Catherine has to let him go despite how deeply they care for one another. Years later when they see one another again, the chemistry is still
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-for-review
It's live!
It's #romantic!
And I totally loved it!

'White Knight,' is a total melt-your-heart romance. I swooned. My heart beat fast and I basked in the visceral feelings this couple showed me. It explores the feelings of first love, second chances and the person we are inside. It’s about a girl who used to cry and the boy who went away to find his fortune. 'White Knight,' eloquently illustrates the thought process of what is really important and the aspects of a person’s character that makes th
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️

First Love........FastForward 13 Years......and Second Chance Love emerges to present a passionate love story. Told in past and present tense, the reader is able to understand the beauty of First Love between Catherine and Chris and then experience the opportunity of Second Chance Love when the two reunite in Barrington, USA. The poor boy from the wrong side of the tracks comes home after he has made it to try and reclaim the beautiful, rich love of his life. But being 16 and then 29, feelings,
Serena
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"My lips, his lips. My heart. His heart. One breath. One moment inside of a life."

Chris and Catherine's love story gave me allll the feels!! Ahhhh! I've fallen head over heels for these two!

One of my favourite kinds of stories to read is a second-chance romance! And my god, did this one bring me back to the day when you are in love for the first time. That pang in your chest. Feeling all hot and needy for each other. You want to spend every moment together. And the messing around. RAWR. I swear
Bubu
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2018, cr, 2-stars
When flashbacks don't add to the story of the MC's, when the events are so vapid that they could have been rather told than shown (the other way around this time), they become fillers for me and I start wishing the narrative would stay in the present.

A missed opportunity, in my opinion, for a story that could have been emotionally engaging.

And sometimes I wish authors would read Ravishing the Heiress to see/learn how flashbacks can show the growth of two characters - separately and together - an
Susan
“But he who dares not grasp the thorn
Should never crave the rose” – Emily Brontë

White Knight is a sumptuous story of the fantasy inherent in the second chance at romantic love and of the reality that time and distance takes exacting its toll in changing people and their circumstances. C.D. Reiss, true to form, presents us with two passionate erotic love affairs of the same couple 13 years apart, Catherine Barrington and Chris Carmichael. Liberally sprinkled throughout the narrative are reference
Iman
Mar 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF... i am very much bored...and really? Chris got married with someone else during their time away,he did not call her, email her, text her even once...and now he says he is back to save the day ?
That guy deserves to have some sense shook into him... and ne he does not even need to grovel,Catherine is all "I love him bla-bla-bla"
Have a little pride lady!!
✰♊ Angie ♊✰
Well, I really liked King of Code, the first book in this series. This one... not so much. I enjoyed parts of it... other parts, I didn't. The writing is great, and I wouldn't hesitate to pick up another of this author's books. I'm not huge on second chance romance, so maybe that's my problem.

Overall, after reading it, I just thought... meh...

description
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What just happened ? The book was so short ? WTH christine?!
I can't stop reading A Reiss book, the sheer joy of my eyes going over the words, my heart conforming to the bumps and dips of emotions..gaahh!! I want this story to go on forever !!!!!
This story is about a society divided by a fence that runs right through these young hearts . Catherine Barrington is practically Royalty and Christopher Carmichael a minion like boy who mows lawns and does end jobs.
The instant their eyes meet, it's lik
Mamacita wants a Bedtime Story
3.25 "Not Even Winged Monkeys"
Stars

This is a Very Sweet Contemporary 2nd chance Romance if that is right up your alley, you will Love this book! There were things that I loved about this book but to be quite honest the overall feeling was just a Meh for me which sucks because I really like this author.

These reviews for me are the hardest to write as there really wasn't anything wrong with the book just not enough things that I would like.

I loved that Christine NAILED Small Town People, Small
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

6ef87e39cf94323704cbee0be08e71

The rich girl in love with the poor boy. The rich girl ends up poor and the poor boy works hard and becomes rich. With that concept in mind, CD Reiss allows readers to fall in love with both characters as we are taken through a journey where the past and present collides. Since the story is pretty much straight forward, I will just say that Reiss does an excellent job showcasing the raw emotions of both the hero and heroine as they rediscov
Naughty Mom Story Time
Overall: 5/5
Naughty Factor: 3/5
POV: Dual/1st person

My life wasn’t divided into the years before that moment and the time after because he was handsome and strong. It wasn’t because he was charming or interesting. It was because he was mine.

OMG! This story was absolutely beautiful and the way it was told was breathtaking and epic. I felt so much longing from Chris and Catherine’s characters, it broke my heart at times.

CD Reiss wrote this story with a past and present that just flowed so easily.
Courtney
Mar 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Oh how I wanted to love this book more than I did. I love C.D. Reiss's descriptive and detailed writing - it helps bring the stories to life. But for the life of me, this one just felt like it needed more, if that were even possible.

Christopher and Catherine had a sweet, young romance at 16 years old that was over too soon for them. Fast forward 13 years later and things have changed. Catherine still loves in her childhood home helping those in her community thrive, while Christopher is now roll
Coco.V
Jun 26, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝💝 FREE on Amazon today (6/26/2018)!💝💝

Blurb:
Catherine Barrington is a rich girl. Chris Cartwright is a poor boy.
Rich girl.
Poor boy.
She didn’t care about his money, but he didn’t believe her. Soon after he left, all the money was gone.
Her life is hell.
Now he’s back, and he’s diff
Jessica Alcazar
Okay, so it’s no secret I’m a huge fan of CD Reiss. She has a unique voice that follows no rules. Her writing is spectacular, and I am always blown away by her prose. This book attracted me not only because of her, but because of the twist she put into the trope. She took a second chance to get it right and added some flavor to it. IT WAS PHENOMENAL! Every word. #TRUTH (and I’ve been waiting for Catherine to get her story since King of Code!!)

The book is set in both the present and the past. I’m
G. K. Malathi
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Yet another book where the Reviews, Ratings and the Drool worthy cover fooled me. This being my First time reading a C.D. Reiss book.
The Teenage Romance between Chris and Catherine was passive and physical only. something that arises and inert for every every teenager out of curiousity and hormones. And the Forbidden factor just fuels their attraction. Hence NO LOVE. Second Chance romance, mean a Second Chance to swoon and redeem what was lost. However here it was too dull.
In short the book was
Tiffany Readz
Short, but oh so Sweet

C.D. Reiss has been on my radar since 2013 and her last few books have shown why. Whether it's Songs of Submission, Hardball or Separation Games, the girl can write a book! Plus the details. Every one of her stories is chock full of so much detail, you feel you can apply for the job her character currently holds. White Knight is no different.

I read King of Code last year, so was familiar with Catherine already and definitely interested in how Chris came into her life. Cathe
Samantha Ortegon (Books, Wine & Time)
I already knew I was a CD Reiss fan, but with White Knight I had the feeling of becoming an addict...an addict of romance. I needed more! White Knight is a short read that I devoured. I found myself one-clicking King of Codes and wondered, why haven't I read this one before. I did lose sleep, especially with this second chance romance.

In this story, we are given a hero that is from the poor side of the fences. Chris Cartwright falls for a rich girl and feeling that he is not enough for her, he
Lauren Luman
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I reviewed an ARC.

Love letters are a lost art. Chris Carmichael reinvented the wheel with his letters to Catherine of the Roses. A young, pure love born of the attraction of opposites and a smile across the room. Her family owned the town and he nurtured the roses.

This story of a sweet, yet forbidden, love had me in heart eyes from the very beginning. Though we caught a glimpse of them in King of Code, White Knight shows us a kind of love and connection that surpasses social status.

Catherine'
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

3.5 WHO YOU’RE MEANT TO BE CROWNS

White Knight by CD Reiss is a sweet second chance romance, but it lacked that sexy & often angsty CD Reiss attribute that draws me to her novels.

Chris and Catherine are separated by parents, by wealth, and by social status. In youth, they are consumed by their feelings for each other, and we get to see this with the alternating chapters in points of view and the past and future. Although, they are both likable characters, I fe
Crystal's Book World ~ Crystal Cordova
I have been following this series and was so excited when I found out Catherine's story was next with White Knight and it was a second chance romance!!! I FLOVE Chris hard! These two as a couple have heavy history and a painful fall out. But 10 years later they are back in each other paths.

The drama, the heat factor with the sexiness, and the heartache mixed with love was all the feels I stayed with after I finished this book. C.D. Reiss is a favorite author and truly brings life into her charac
Diane
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just knew when I met Catherine in King of Code that her's and Chris' story was going to be an emotional one. Man, nailed that one. This story warmed my heart and made me cry.

Young lovers torn apart by disapproving parents who let social status dictate everything, Chris sets off to become 'worthy'. Thirteen years later, he's determined it's time for that second chance. Both of their lives are changing, both are unsure, but...that table, his letters, her photos...amazing.

White Knight is contempo
Heather andrews
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Chris can be sweet, “I want you right now,” he whispered with a voice as thick as the darkness. “And I’m going to have you, but I’m not rushing. We both waited too long.” Catherine sometimes just doesn't believe her man at times, "...he pulled me to the sleeping quarters and snapped the door shut, cutting us off from the rest of the plane. We were alone with a tiny bed and a standing shower. He unbuttoned his shirt. “Chris, really?” I liked this book, I felt Catherine and Chris beat around the b ...more
Jean
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
White Knight is the final installment of what has come to be called "The Hacker series" by CD Reiss. But how does Catherine and Chris' story fit in? They're an analog couple in a digital age for reasons that will become beautifully and poignantly clear. She was the small town princess let behind to rule over its dying days and he's a trader/mathematician who left to build an empire. I'll let you in on a secret. It was never about hacking. They were stories about home. Building one, finding your ...more
C.D.'s Canaries: White Knight BR 03/06/18 70 28 Mar 18, 2018 03:41PM
Some Like It Hot!: тeaѕer~ White Knight 3.6 3 11 Mar 02, 2018 09:37AM
CD Reiss is a New York Times bestselling author. She still has to chop wood and carry water, which was buried in the fine print. Her lawyer is working it out with God but in the meantime, if you call and she doesn't pick up she's at the well hauling buckets.

Born in New York City, she moved to Hollywood, California to get her master's degree in screenwriting from USC. In case you want to know, that
“I was glad he was there because I could barely walk, but he was the reason I felt as though the earth was dissolving under my feet.” 1 likes
“It was my shop, which meant I could come and go as I pleased. But it was my shop, which meant my absence was noted.” 1 likes