Start by marking “Postcards from Venice” as Want to Read:
Postcards from Venice

Postcards from Venice

Skyler is about to go on the biggest adventure of her life. Her mother has been relocated to Venice, Italy, with the possibility of a long-term move. While there, Skyler takes on an informal internship and will be blogging about the city--a position that could lead to even bigger things if all goes well.

One of her fellow interns, Logan, is cool, cute,and Australian. But th
Paperback
Published 2018 by Simon & Schuster/Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about Postcards from Venice, please sign up.
Dee Thank you for pointing out that the book description is incorrect! She's thirteen.

Start your review of Postcards from Venice
Alyssa Palombo
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It brought Venice to life through the eyes of someone seeing it for the first time, and I related to Skyler's desire to figure out what to DO with all the amazing things she was seeing and learning. Venice can do that! The relationships between the characters were very well rendered, and Skyler's journey to finding something she's passionate about, and finding her voice, is one that people of all ages can relate to. This book will make a great summer read for sure!
Ms. Yingling
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
E ARC provided by Edelweiss Plus

Skyler has always wanted to go to Venice, and she gets her wish when her workaholic mother gets assigned to spend the summer in the Venice office of the food company for which she works... and may get to stay on for the whole year! Since her dad is staying behind in New York, Skyler needs something to do, so her mother arranges for an internship. At first, Skyler almost ends up in accounting, but when she meets cute Austalian boy Logan, he suggests she work on the
Casey Lyall
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such a great book! It's about figuring out what you're passionate about, testing your limits, and diving into adventure. It was awesome from an armchair traveller point of view as well - filled with details about Venice and Italian culture. I felt like I was right there walking the canals with Skyler.

My favourite part was that amid all of the gorgeous Italian scenery, each page still beat with the great MG heart that lies at the centre of every Dee Romito book. Packed with delightful (
Elly Swartz
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved POSTCARDS FROM VENICE by Dee Romito. This is a wonderful story of friendship and self-discovery. Romito’s rich descriptions capture the beauty and history of Venice and Skyler’s sense of adventure in this transcendent place. It may also make you want to eat gelato. Highly recommend.

I received an arc of this story for an honest review.
Adrienne Carrick
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An adorable sequel to The BFF Bucket List. Besides the fact that it's set in Italy (where I dream of going someday), it's a great story about friendship, first jobs, work ethic, family, finding your passion, and an Italian lesson all in one.
Jenn Bishop
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet book! I felt like I was in Venice (Venice, Italy, ahem!) alongside Skyler for the summer vacation of a lifetime. I loved following along with her adventures in social media and learning about writing. A lot of young readers who haven't yet found their "thing" will relate to that aspect of her character. Kids who enjoyed THE BFF BUCKET LIST are sure to enjoy this sequel, but it can also easily be read as a standalone story.
Lee Malone
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Charming and fun, this book deals with the very relatable experience of trying to find out what you are good at and where you fit in the world, in in the perfectly awesome setting of Venice, Italy.
Greg Andree
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Postcards From Venice: Review
By: Novalee Andree (10 years old)

Postcards From Venice is another novel that I loved by Dee Romito. The story’s main focus was a girl named Skyler, who is in Venice, Italy, for the summer with her mother. Skyler has taken up a writing internship where her mom is working, and she is shooting to get the school year internship as well. As the story goes along, she realizes that writing may not be as easy as she thought. Between a boy she may like, a frenemy, learning I
Victoria Coe
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an advance reviewer copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

POSTCARDS FROM VENICE by Dee Romito = delizioso!

13 year-old Skyler (whom readers first met in Romito's 2016 novel, THE BFF BUCKET LIST) is spending the summer with her mom in Venice. That's Venice, ITALY - not Florida, or California, or a pizza shop in Canada. Arrivederci, ice cream. Ciao, gelato!

Luckily, Skyler loves to try new things because new things are everywhere. The canals, the bridges, the language, the hi
S.A. Larsen
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a delightful read! Skyler is a bright, energetic girl with adventure in her blood. Kids will love spending time with her. Her excitement at seeing Venice, Italy was genuine and contagious. I want to go there now, too!

With her mother working for a few months in Italy, Skyler is presented with the opportunity to intern there as part of a blogging team. She's thrilled and can't wait to get started, but as you can imagine nothing goes as she plans.

Romito does a fabulous job of guiding the read
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Postcards from Venice by Dee Romito, 261 pages. Aladdin (Simon & Schuster), 2018. P$18.
Language: G (0 swears 0 'f'); Mature Content: G; Violence: G.

BUYING ADVISORY: MS - ADVISABLE

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE

13-year-old Skyler is spending the summer in Italy! Her mother is working there, and Skyler has been given a summer internship with the same company to write blogs about her impressions of Venice. Writing has never been a strength of hers, and while the sightseeing and meeting people is fun,
Janet
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is such a great addition to the BFF Bucket List. And though it's a continuation of the story, you could definitely read this as a stand-alone.

When Skyler gets to Venice, she is offered an internship with the company her mom is working for. She gets to take excursions throughout Venice, try new things, and hopefully figure out what it is SHE loves to do, all while telling about her experiences on their kid-friendly blog. I loved experiencing Venice through Skyler, and am definitely need
Janelle Hackbarth
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-arcs
I received this book from Edelweiss + and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. I thank them.

I did not read the prior book in the series, and as it turns out, I didn't have to. This book makes a good sequel and stand-alone story.

I have never been to Venice (or Italy), and this book did make me feel like I was there. Being a blogger myself, a job blogging about my experience in a new city would be a great job. I loved Skyler's adventures (especially her trip with her mom that I'm trying ha
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to see Skyler and Ella, friends from The BFF Bucket List, back in this travel adventure. Skyler has the opportunity of a lifetime to live in Venice with her mom, who has taken a temporary work assignment that could become more permanent. I loved getting to experience the sights and sounds (and food) of Italy through Skyler's eyes and follow along as she discovered what her true talents were. I especially loved the special relationship between Skyler and her mom. It was one of my ...more
Kathleen Hooker
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As an adult., I truly enjoyed this book. Lookng forward to more.. Good job Dee. Hope you do have the opportunity to travel more..But like Skyler you can write about the places you know and love already . Like OBX. Washington and Buffalo.

As an adult, I really enjoyed this book.Looking forward to more. Good job Dee..Like Skyler , i would like to see you write more about places you have already been and love. Like OBX, Washington DC and Buffalo. Some of your experiences are just as interesting as a
Sandi Van
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
POSTCARDS is a follow up to BFF BUCKET LIST, but can be read on its own. I read it out loud to my twelve-year-old son, and we enjoyed the different characters and the adventures they have in Italy. The idea of trying to figure out who you are and what you're good at is really captured in this book. It is a fun, light read, but it also touches on the challenge of navigating tween friendships and parent/child relationships.
Amanda Hosch
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another charming middle grade novel from Dee Romito. Skyler is all set to have a summer of adventure in Venice. Mishaps at her internship (which is connected to her Mom's job in Venice), communication problems with her Mom, and friendships issue both at home and in Venice make the summer less than super fun. As Skyler navigates Venice, she figures out what being a daughter and a friend really mean.
Triona
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Books that transports me to a completely new place and gives me a glimpse of daily life are my favorites, and this one does such a good job of showing what living in (okay, just outside) of Venice would really be like. The characters were believable and interesting with real depth. I think a lot of kids will relate to Skyler not being particularly good at anything or having a passion, too. Highly recommended!
Jill Diamond
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such a fun book to read! I loved romping around Venice with Skyler as she explored Italy and ate ALL THE GELATO. The book made me feel like I was right there with the characters, taking in the same sights, sounds, and smells. Skyler's personal journey of making new friends (while keeping the old), finding her voice, and learning what it means to be a writer was well told and will resonate with readers. All in all, a wonderful book!
Alyssa
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: italy
What a great, fun read! I loved all the descriptions of Venice. This is a wonderful armchair travel story that’s also about family, friendship, and discovering who you are and what you’re passionate about. A great book for kids and adults alike!
Rebekah Snyder
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Postcards from Venice is an absolutely adorable read. As with The BFF Bucket List, there is a valuable lesson to be learned here, but Dee Romito makes it happen in such a way that you almost don't realize she's giving you solid life advice in the guise of a story. I loved it!
Monica Tesler
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dee Romito's POSTCARDS FROM VENICE gave me the travel bug and made me crave gelato big time! Skyler's time in Venice is filled with amazing sights and important insights about friendship and family. This is a sweet companion novel to THE BFF BUCKET LIST & another great story from Romito. Che bello! ...more
Lisa
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a fun trip to Venice, complete with teen drama, a little romance and a great writing lesson. For a full review, visit http://kissthebook.blogspot.com ...more
K.C
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: ages 8-14/15
This has been one of the best sequels I've read in my entire life. I sooooo want to go to Italy!!
Abigail
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
LOve this book.
Chelsea Lankford
Jul 28, 2019
Andréa
Note: I accessed a digital review copy of this book through Edelweiss.
Brian Montanaro
Nov 06, 2018
Brandi
Jul 15, 2018
Tal Vilenski
Feb 10, 2019

• The Okay Witch
  • The Backward Season (Wishing Day, #3)
  • Best. Night. Ever.: A Story Told from Seven Points of View
  • From You to Me
  • The Forgetting Spell (Wishing Day #2)
  • Misunderstood Shark: Friends Don't Eat Friends
  • Choppers!
  • Seamore, the Very Forgetful Porpoise
  • School of Fish: Ready-to-Read Level 1
  • The Trouble With Tink (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #1)
  • Positively Izzy
  • The Sleepover
  • Breaking the Ice
  • Other Words for Home
  • Invisible Emmie
  • Best Friends...Until Someone Better Comes Along
  • The Sister Solution
  • Break Shot: My First 21 Years
Dee Romito’s middle grade novels, THE BFF BUCKET LIST, NO PLACE LIKE HOME, BEST. NIGHT. EVER. and POSTCARDS FROM VENICE, are available from Aladdin/Simon & Schuster, along with her debut picture book PIES FROM NOWHERE, from Little Bee Books. Watch for the FORT BUILDERS, INC. early chapter book series coming in 2020!

When she's not writing, you’re likely to find her on adventures with her husband an

News & Interviews