Start by marking “Moonsafe Red” as Want to Read:
Moonsafe Red

Moonsafe Red

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  8 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The scene: The Moon, AD 2104
The disaster: Space liner Morning Star, en route for Mars with a hundred passengers aboard, loses control and crashes in the Moon's rugged Southern Highlands, killing all but a handful of her occupants.
The people: Fourteen men and women, trapped aboard the ship with no apparent means of escape.
Mike Baron, engineer and ex-spacefarer, who assumes
Paperback, 1, 232 pages
Published August 2017 by CPI Group (UK)

To ask other readers questions about Moonsafe Red, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moonsafe Red

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Moonsafe Red
Julian Onions
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi, fiction
For a first novel, this is an incredible book. Quite the page turner, with a consuming plot. A passenger space ship crash landing on the moon, and a race against time to save the people on board. Well worth a read. Contains a few nod's back to Arthur C. Clarke's novels set in similar settings, but a story all it's own. It is self published so needs to obtained from the author http://www.spaceandsanity.com/moonsaf...
Brian Haggath
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure - I'm the author's Dad !!!
I don't normally read science fiction at all...in fact I'm not sure if I have ever read any... and I bought a copy of this book purely to support my son.
But when I came to read it, I found that I thoroughly enjoyed it, and couldn't put it down! I found it to be an extremely gripping story and exceptionally well written, much more expertly written than many 'off the shelf' paperbacks which I have ploughed through for 60 pages or so then given up.
I was o
Peter Rea
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Moonsafe Red takes us to a future Moon in the 22nd Century, when thousands of people inhabit our nearest planetary neighbour. There is a city, and research stations abound. The inhabitants, many born there, are referred to as Selenites, from Selene, the Goddess of the Moon.
A spaceship leaves the Moon bound for Mars, but crashes on the Moon shortly after take-off. The narrative describes the desperate race against time to rescue the survivors. The author's obvious broad knowledge of the Moon is
Paul Money
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A stunning tour-de-force that doesn't let up in the action and is well executed.
A great read that gives you a real sense of the dangers of spaceflight close to and on the Moon in a fictional and factual setting. The author uses real lunar locations that the author, as an astronomer and Apollo exploration fan knows well and puts to great use, you can really visualise being on the moon as if you are part of the story.

Absolutely brilliant read, one of the best I have read for a long time and I agr
Mrs S
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intelligently and well crafted book

The know ledge needed to write this then explain it in a way people can understand takes a special writer. The story flows with unexpected twists and turns that keeps you reading.
paul d.
Ryan Laird
marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2018
How to buy it 2 2 Aug 22, 2018 07:39AM
I'm not quite as old as the Space Age, but I grew up with it! I was born a few months after Yuri Gagarin's flight, and was seven years old when Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin landed on the Moon. I followed the Apollo programme avidly as a kid, and the resultant fascination with spaceflight has never left me. In recent years, I've had the immense honour and privilege of meeting seven of the Apollo ...more