Start by marking “CowSex” as Want to Read:

4.41  ·  Rating details ·  821 Ratings  ·  238 Reviews
Throw together two strangers and strand them in a Cabin during the middle of a snow storm, the obvious is bound to happen… CowSex!

When Essex lifestyle blogger and fashionista, Gracie Elliott crash lands into the life of former country rock star, Koa Carmichael's world, fists, chemistry, and flirty banter ensue.

After sharing some sweet, emotional as well as laugh-out-loud
Published September 30th 2017 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about CowSex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about CowSex

Stacey is Sassy
Trust me…the title makes sense…eventually.

I’m sitting back reading CowSex and hubby walks in.

Me: Hubby, how am I going to talk people into reading this book when it’s called CowSex?
Hubby: Is it about his good mooooves?
Me: Ha bloody Ha…
Hubby: Is it uderly sexy?
Me: Oh Geez, STOP. I haven’t even worked out why it’s called CowSex yet?
Hubby: Maybe, he’s all animal in bed?
Me: STOP…PLEASE…STOP!!

Well, I’ve finished and now I know that there is a VERY good reason why this book is called CowSex, and it C
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
By: Lesley Jones
5 Stars

While Lesley Jones has made a name for herself with the Carnage series, CowSex proves that she can rip our hearts out in a book and she can also write a Rom-Com that is full of laugh out loud moments yet still tells a fantastic story!!!

Gracie Elliott has arrived in Colorado on holiday for 6 months. She made quite an entrance to say! Having just survived a long flight from London, in which she drowned her sorrows with excessive amount of wine. Shed some tears and cha
Kim Sutton
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I wasn't sure what to expect of this book, with having such a different title, but it's Lesley Jones and I Loved her Carnage series( I loved that Carnage had a little mention in this book) so I didn't read the blurb and went in blind! Don't be fooled by the title, no actual cows are involved in this novel! Haha!

This is just what I needed! A proper feel good, laugh out loud romance! I bloody love Gracie Elliot! She's a proper spit fire, who says things as she sees them! As soon as she's in Color
Nicola
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars.

Every now and then you just drop on a gem—a Facebook post catches your eye, you end up spending a couple of quid and before you know it you have yourself a new author to stalk. And in my case you also end up spending more to grab yourself a paperback copy to take to a signing next month (to add to the two others you bought this week for the same reason, shhhh let’s not tell Mr. A). Anyhoo, CowSex—where there’s not a shagging heifer be found, but there is Koa Carmichael.

description

Chuff me, this
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
5+ stars - Essex meets the US….full on!

This book is just brilliant, I laughed so hard it made my stomach ache and I smiled continually throughout. Lesley Jones can write an awesome story and this one is no exception; it’s hilarious, touching and sexy. What more could you possibly ask for…well you get a brilliant story line and fantastic characters too.

I adored the characters in this story, Gracie is an Essex girl through and through, just like me. She is fantastic; she has one hell of a smart mo
Abbey's 1 Click Book Blog
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book so hard. The banter, the sex, the storyline - every single part of this story had me hooked and I couldn’t stop reading. I had this ridiculous smile on my face throughout and even snort laughed in places.

Lesley has delivered a book that will warm your heart, give you butterflies and a serious case of Book boyfriend envy. CowSex for the win!!
Book-Bosomed  blog
Sep 21, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
1.5 Stars

Gracie Elliot, 32, is bound and determined to take her Colorado vacation with her long-time live-in boyfriend or not. So when he bails, she goes alone. Only turns out she’s not hauled up in the snowy retreat by herself.

My expectations on this were way off what the story actually delivers. The blurb suggests a stranded together sexy, romantic comedy. Instead what I discovered is a tale about two people—one crazy and desperate, one with a lot of baggage, who find a reprieve from temporar
Keri Roberts
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG I ABSOLUTELY BLOODY LOVED THIS BOOK 😍😍😍 I loved the banter and Smokin Hot Chemistry between Gracie and Koa and omg the phone conversations between Gracie and KOD and even Koa and KOD had me laughing out loud 😂😂😂. Loved how feisty Gracie could be, she is definitely no push over (must be the pink and purple hair😜😜😜). Ooh and I loved having Franggy as the muse for Koa 😍 AMAZING 😉 I just loved the whole plot to this book. Definitely highly recommend this to EVERYONE
Kia Bunby
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to read an ARC of CowSex.
Wow! Wow! Wow!
I absolutely loved it!!
A great story line and some really quite funny sentences. I found myself laughing out loud so many times whilst reading this book.
I am def going to read this again when I am feeling low because it was a great pick me up.
Melissa
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Don't let the Title fool you! It's perfect! See that smile I'm still laughing. Fast and hard that's how I fell for Gracie and Koa. Gracie the Essex spitfire uprooted from across the pond (ahh see like my use of proper slang?). She has some bark maybe even some
Bite however she's the most loyal and you want her to have everything. Chance encounters and we meet Koa well Mr. Tall dark and let me just worship at your feet Carmichael . He isn't what you expect. These two just go and the banter alone i
Adriana
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Insta love.....that's what this book was for me I fell in love with that crazy Essex bird Gracie as soon as she opened her mouth, I fell in love with that gorgeous "cowboy" Koa and I fell in love with their amazing story. Once I started I couldn't put it down and I didn't want it to end evverrrrrr, some of the stuff I read then re read and then read it again just so I could laugh my arse off again & again it really is that hilarious and that title finally makes sense and was soooooo worth th ...more
Michelle
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When Lesley named her newest book CowSex I was like...really? But believe me Everyone should want CowSex. Love, Love, Loved this book. I love when a book could make me cry and laugh all at the same time. Just a fun book and I will be suggesting it to all. FYI...Gracie and Koa are totally sexy.
sam
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reading this book for me is like having a conversation with my best friend, theres something so comforting about reading British slang!
I loved Gracie's foul mouth and sassy attitude, she's exactly how I want to be when I grow up!!
Koa drew me in with his brooding behaviour (let's face it, we just love Aholes!) but stole my heart with his openness and honesty..
I could rave about every amazing detail but there are just too many!! The book is absolutely blinding and I'm chuffed to bits I got to re
Tammi
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have loved all of Lesley Jones books this one included. It was a bit different, I am used to her emotional draining, thought provoking reads but this was light and fun. I really enjoyed it!
Stuck together in a cabin during a snow storm Gracie vacationing from England and Koa an all american country boy. Their cultural differences and language barriers were hysterical. But I think I loved their flirty banter the most!
I loved this book from the couples hilarious introduction to the heartwarming e
Angie
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So, I have this new book boyfriend I’d like to introduce you to…he’s name is Koa and he is one sexy-ass cowboy. I also have a massive girl crush on an Essex chick named Gracie. I adore these two characters; separately they are great but put them together and they are just amazing. Their chemistry is off the charts but it’s more than chemistry that hooked me with these two; they have a connection and a bond that is so intense. The banter is freaking hilarious and I couldn’t get enough of it.

I was
Sarah  - A Woman & Her Books
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What can I say?! I absolutely adore LJs writing and this book just proves how diverse her writing can be. I'm not a massive fan of romantic comedy but LJs writing about a girl from the arse end of Essex going to America was always going to have seriously hilarious consequences. Right from the get go I fell in love with Gracie, a true Essex bird!

I am in awe of Lesley's writing, she is the only author that has made me cry EVER! And in two of her series too!! This book is no exception; only this ti
Phyl
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hands down one of the funniest books I have ever read. I don’t think I have laughed my ass off so much.
Gracie’s the ballsy English bird, Koa the American. I loved the language barriers so hilarious with her speak it made for great banters. Their chemistry, the sexual tension there were so many things right with this story I could not find any faults. A great read and hopefully look forward to more from the other characters.
Elaine
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it

For an author who’s the queen of the “ugly cry”, and emotional plot lines, I wasn’t 100% sure how this book was going to play out. I mean, come on, CowSex? What the heck does that even mean? Well you’ll find out but it takes a while and it really has nothing to do with the mating rituals between animals of the bovine variety!

Gracie Elliott is one of those characters you’ll want to be friends with. She’s sassy, vulgar, intelligent and a bit whacky. She also has a tendency to use cockney rhyming
Maria Angie Mendoza
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
F-U-N-N-Y, SEXY and sprinkled with a whole lot of passion!!
This story just melted my heart!!
Fantastic writing, well paced story with well developed and likable characters. Even the secondary characters were delicious and gave the story an added dimension.
The chemistry and the edgy but hilarious banter between Gracie and Kao affirm Lesley Jones' brilliant ability to create an unpleasant, albeit sad situation and turn it into a snort-laugh out loud steamy rom-com!
Excuse me while I clean the "snail
Cassandra Taylor
Reviewed on behalf of Amo’s Book Corner

5 Stars

Loved this book it was heart-warming and hilarious!!

Gracie is an Essex girl; she owns her own business designing festival wear, she has been with her boyfriend, Reggie for 5 years and they had planned a big trip to the USA, however when Reggie cancels at the last minute due to work commitments Gracie realises she is never going to come first in his life so breaks things off and decides to head to America on her own.

Koa has had a crazy life, he retire
Pam Kniess
Spoiler-free!!

I loved this book! It was a little different than the "norm" for Lesley Jones, and I found it funny and very entertaining! I loved Gracie and the fact that she's totally a no-nonsense kind of woman. She doesn't really take crap from anyone! She's mouthy. She's pretty brazen. And she seems to be a Carnage fan!

Koa has been screwed over more than once, so he's not really looking for love....and of course, it's gonna get complicated!
While I'm not ever gonna try eating cheesy beans on
Witchy Richey's Booktastic Reviews
I laughed out loud several times with the witty banter and shenanigans, a whole lotta fun with this one! Cheeky British humor mixed with all-American country boy.

His past is all kinds of messed up and she’s just wanting a refreshing escape. When their worlds collide, flirty fun ensues.

A light, sweet read about second chances and quick love.
Gracie is unique and I loved reading her dialogue. Koa will steam you up and maybe just maybe make you angry before he makes you smile.

Overall and enjoyab
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
Mrs. Jones has achieved it again. She has written a novel that will capture your heart and bring some tears. These tears though are mostly tears of laughter, although there will be some of sadness, because well, life! As always Jones writes stories that compare to those of real life situations. Life is messy, beautiful, tragic, but also full of hope and this story touches on all of that.

In CowSex we meet Gracie, who has been in a loving committed relationship for years but finds herself wanting
Deanna Pate wilson
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Once again Lesley Jones does not disappoint. I did not want this book to end which doesn't happen that often. Koa was a gruff even cold bloke(as Lesley and Gracie would say) at the start. Gracie was an independent, smart, and kick butt and take no names girl from Essex, England. As fate would have it, Koa and Gracie meet under unusual circumstances in a small town in Colorado. There was never a dull moment in this book. I loved the British lingo and Koa's reaction. Laugh out loud moments mixed w ...more
Chriss
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*** You are the cheese to my beans

With a title like CowSex you're left wondering what the? But all becomes clear as you immerse yourself in Gracie and Koa's story. Leslie Jones brings us a lighter read than we are used to but she still pulls at our heart strings as we follow them on their journey of love and laughter. Gracie thinks she has left her relationship woes far behind when she arrives in Colorado. Koa is hiding from his disastrous past relationships and avoiding anyone that may have th
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

A brilliantly hilarious, fun, sexy, flirty romantic comedy unlike any other! I not only learned what Cowsex means ( I feel like such a dork for not knowing to begin with) but I learned so many other different words and sayings that had me giggling And wishing I seen more of them in books.

This is the kind of romantic comedy that had me rolling on the floor, holding my stomach, laughing so hard I can't stand it kind of story, yet it had plenty of sexiness, crazy a
Katherine Bongo-bridge
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG what a bloody brilliant story!!!

My very first Lesley Jones book (yes shock horror, I have not read Carnage) and wow what a corker! I don't think I have laughed so much in a book for a long while. Gracie aka "Essex" and Koa aka "Cowboy" are just amazing together, the banter between them is hilarious, I mean this has to be the best line ever......

"No, please don't give me that look. I've never been a squirter, but I swear to God right now, I'm about to blow all over your dick"

This story is f
~lil maso~
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing

A great read and hopefully look forward to more from the other characters.

*ARC received in exchange for an honest review*

phyl

For more reviews, news and
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a fun story. Two people who really don't need to find each other, do, and the sparks fly. I loved how Koa was able to open his heart and let Gracie in and how she was strong enough to give him a chance.
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well Blimey Guvner Jones For such a little-bit, you sure do make some noise. !!
It's funny to the bone RomCom that will have you giggling nonstop. Goes to prove a Rose by any other name would still smell just as sweet . No matter what genre Les chooses to write in, her indelible Essexian smirk and smartassery will shine through. I thoroughly enjoyed the Essex Bird - Gracie Elliott's smart mouth and her sass and unfettered attitude . She arrives in Colorado and meets koa
Only he's panty meltingly
I am a born and raised Essex girl now living on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula, just outside of Melbourne Australia, I moved here with my husband and three sons in 2006.
Not only do I love to write but I also love to read and can devour a book overnight if the story grabs me.
I love watching my sons play football and am very partial to a glass of wine, a nicely chilled Marlborough Sav Blanc bein

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • The End of the Affair
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Twisted Up (Taking Chances, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Fangs and Fennel (The Venom Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)